Doc5.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 410K
    Doc6.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 454K
    Doc7.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 347K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,808

Has anyone got LineRender9000? If so, care to post some renders? 

I'm really curious about that product and as a financially challenged individual spending the money on it would be kind of a big deal. I'd love to see some more renders with it to help me make up my mind. :) That product is right up this thread's alley, so I thought I'd post the query here. :)

mildly curious too as seems complicated, with the settings I saved in Carrara its just hit render and wait, is slow as only one thread on one core, took a minute whereas my last image a only took  second with 8 tiles

no compositing needed and could render an avi too if wished (I always do image series) apparently the D|S product cannot.

But would certainly suit D|S only users.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

If you read back through this thread, you'll see several renders from LineRender9000.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

If you read back through this thread, you'll see several renders from LineRender9000.

Hmmm Weird. I only saw one recent one. And that one was one that I already saw in the LineRender9000 [Commercial] thread. 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Thanks for posting the settings, Wendy.  Although I have experimented with extending the stroke length more than 100% to say 120%, have to say I never would have thought of 500%.  Wonderful effect. 

ToeJam said:

wash settings

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,575

@algovincian I adore the new renders, Greg! The demon vs angel one is AWESOME! heart She is so going to kick his ass. lol (At least in my head lol). 

Thanks, Diva - maybe I'll do a follow-up image showing who won ;)

- Greg

Hmmm Weird. I only saw one recent one. And that one was one that I already saw in the LineRender9000 [Commercial] thread. 

You'd have to look through most of the thread. Both djigneo and KA1 have posted LineRender9000 examples, as I recall. I don't think all were specifically labeled as being LR9.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,887

I hope to pick up LineRender9000 at some point, once money situation improves.

At least at a high level glance, it looks somewhat like ToonyCam Pro, but, well, stable and made for current DS and actually having support now. ;)

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Some early experiments with LR9K including some of the intermediary output that is composited in the script. 

cheehtah_01_Main camera (2).png
    800 x 800 - 432K
    hiro and kenji composite.png
    800 x 800 - 1002K
    hiro5 and kenji7_02_Main camera_lines.png
    800 x 800 - 2M
    hiro5 and kenji7_04_Shadow opacity cam.png
    800 x 800 - 175K
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

The whole no separate head/body morphs thing has never bothered me, though. A long time ago, I wrote scripts that basically create partial morphs from selected vertices. The selection can be weighted/faded to create soft selections and give great control over the transitions. I use it as a way to pin a soft selection of vertices during soft body dynamics, too.

Greg, if these scripts are for DS, they would make a much needed product and fill a huge glaring empty spot in the DS feature list. Honest.

• UkyuuUkyuu Posts: 182

3D render - visual shaders

Then photosketcher.

3D - First Ok.jpg
    418 x 734 - 78K
  • TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865
    edited October 2016

An impressionist inspired NPR....

Sunset Sail - Impressionist

SunsetSailImpressionist.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 544K
    Post edited by TabascoJack on
    ToeJam said:

my Carrara NPR lineart settings as above with shadows ticked

as shown above

the wash settings

photorealistic render

Nice Christmas tree ornaments ;)

- Greg

The whole no separate head/body morphs thing has never bothered me, though. A long time ago, I wrote scripts that basically create partial morphs from selected vertices. The selection can be weighted/faded to create soft selections and give great control over the transitions. I use it as a way to pin a soft selection of vertices during soft body dynamics, too.

Greg, if these scripts are for DS, they would make a much needed product and fill a huge glaring empty spot in the DS feature list. Honest.

They are DS scripts, kettu. That being said, they're definitely not all that polished. They started out as an exercise - written while I was trying to familiarize myself with geometry in the scripting API. The scripts are acting on DzVertexMesh directly (no morphs are being created).

I'm not really actively developing for DS much anymore, and I've got several other projects going at the moment, so I'm not sure developing these further is in the cards.

- Greg

• My first render done with LineRender9000.  Not too bad.  I'll have to figure out something with the clouds.  I don't think the LineRender9000 does anything with the skydomes so maybe some toon type physical clouds with a blue background would work better.  I had some problems, but I was able to figure everything out.  Composited in GIMP, but no other postwork.

My first render done with LineRender9000.  Not too bad.  I'll have to figure out something with the clouds.  I don't think the LineRender9000 does anything with the skydomes so maybe some toon type physical clouds with a blue background would work better.  I had some problems, but I was able to figure everything out.  Composited in GIMP, but no other postwork.

Looks good, Mom. Have you tried integrating line output from LR9K with any of your Filter Forge work?

BTW, I struggle with skies, and backgrounds in general, too. The lack of additional information due to the lack of geometry is limiting. Me thinks your idea about adding in some clouds with actual geometry is a good one.

- Greg

• My first render done with LineRender9000.  Not too bad.  I'll have to figure out something with the clouds.  I don't think the LineRender9000 does anything with the skydomes so maybe some toon type physical clouds with a blue background would work better.  I had some problems, but I was able to figure everything out.  Composited in GIMP, but no other postwork.

Looks good, Mom. Have you tried integrating line output from LR9K with any of your Filter Forge work?

BTW, I struggle with skies, and backgrounds in general, too. The lack of additional information due to the lack of geometry is limiting. Me thinks your idea about adding in some clouds with actual geometry is a good one.

- Greg

Thanks!  No, I haven't done anything with it in Filter Forge yet.  That may have to wait until after this little hurricane dies down.  It may or may not cause problems here tomorrow.  I may get to play with that a little tomorrow if we manage to keep power.  

My first render done with LineRender9000.  Not too bad.  I'll have to figure out something with the clouds.  I don't think the LineRender9000 does anything with the skydomes so maybe some toon type physical clouds with a blue background would work better.  I had some problems, but I was able to figure everything out.  Composited in GIMP, but no other postwork.

- Greg

Thanks!  No, I haven't done anything with it in Filter Forge yet.  That may have to wait until after this little hurricane dies down.  It may or may not cause problems here tomorrow.  I may get to play with that a little tomorrow if we manage to keep power.  

Stay safe & dry!

- Greg

- Greg

Stay safe & dry!

- Greg

Ah, that is the plan!  :)  I'll do my best!  Thanks.

An impressionist inspired NPR....

Love the colors, Jack! I can picture an animation done in this style, with the waves rolling and the paint swirling.

- Greg

• An impressionist inspired NPR....

@TabascoJack  That is really pretty!  I love the effect!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    edited October 2016
    ToeJam said:

wash settings

nice work Wendy, thanks for sharing

good to see you et diomede experimenting in this way

Carrara has so much going for it

Post edited by Headwax on

So, I wrote up a game supplement of my own, as a free thing and a way to showcase my art.

Even if you aren't into gaming, I hope you'll check it out for the artwork:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/803826/Balt.pdf

•  

Love the colors, Jack! I can picture an animation done in this style, with the waves rolling and the paint swirling.

- Greg

@TabascoJack  That is really pretty!  I love the effect!

Thanks, Greg and Knittingmommy!  

I found a new FilterForge filter "Brush Engine Van Gogh" for this - I think it does a pretty cool job.

Awesome, Will! It's obvious how much work you've got into this. I've always liked treants/ents, so my favorite is the animism image. Gnarly bark always presents a good opportunity for many different styles of artwork.

- Greg

I kept going 'is the tree guy fading too much into the background?' and reminding myself that's part of the goal. Heh.

• So, I wrote up a game supplement of my own, as a free thing and a way to showcase my art.

Even if you aren't into gaming, I hope you'll check it out for the artwork:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/803826/Balt.pdf

Very cool artwork, Will!

edited October 2016

timmins.william, very cool artwork and document! As a former technical communicator w/several years writing and designing software documents and manuals, I think your layout is very good. Not absolutely perfect, but much, much, much (did I mention "much"?!) better than the average person would produce, no matter how technically competent. I read through a small amount of the text, but mostly looked at the artwork.

The one thing that I think you should change is take out all apologies. 1) You have nothing to apologize for with the layout. 2) Apologizing labels you as an amateur, just as someone who stops a speech and apologizes for an error. Professionals just correct the error and keep talking without apologizing. 3) On the map that you apologize for, it's pretty simplistic, just redraw it. If it can't be redrawn due to copyright, put a caption naming the source and the date it was published. That's enough to show that it isn't representative of your professional work.

Again, your document looks quite professional; there's nothing to apologize for. And it's different apologizing in a document such as this as opposed to apologizing to someone on the forum; the DAZ forum is a casual setting among friends helping each other and giving/receiving input. Your game design document is a sales instrument to show potential clients that they can trust your level of expertise and professionalism.

FWIW; YMMV...

Post edited by firewarden on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited October 2016

Wow some really great techniques on show in this thread.

I'll add my own. Done totally in Bryce using materials and lighting.

HotRodLineDrawing2.jpg
    975 x 975 - 612K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on

Thanks, firewarden, good points.

glad for the feedback, all!

This discussion has been closed.