Carrara Sale Email Message Alert thread

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,210

Cheers Dart. There were only a couple of items I didn't have, but for the price . . . it's nice to complete the set! laugh

(I've spent a grand total of $6 this month, and even that's blown my budget!)

Yeah... I had most of it, but getting the rest for free is... well... it's most fun!!! ;)

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited September 2016

Goes to show that it's adventagious to cheek out the DAZ 3D Freebies panel... never know what you can find there. I was happy to stumble across Genesis Scifi Starter Bundle  early yesterday morning and complete the collection.  It never hurts to quick check FastGrab also... sometimes there are extremely very good deals, more so than usual, there.

Speaking of FastGrab there are many more items than usual there... all at 70% off... Aiko 6 at $13.49 and Carrara 8.5 Pro at $85.00. The latter is an ok deal but doesn't compare with the recent good prices we've seen for Carrara. Note that Luxus is there but is for DAZ Studio 4.9. I saw nothing specifically for Carrara only.

Post edited by wgdjohn on

Yeah, I paid $120USD for C 6 Pro and the 7 Pro upgrade which included a free upgrade to 8 Pro once released, and I consider that a real steal. Heck I think that even if I paid full price for Carrara Pro it's still a steal. 

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017

The freebie is free for all, non PC members too:

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-scifi-starter-bundle

edited September 2016

Cool! As Misty just mentioned (in another thread), My Stuff is now in the Catch-Up Sale! ;)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Whole bunch of Carrara-related content producers on sale.  Some of my favorites include (not to slight anyone)
    - Naomi - Carrara dynamic hair
    - Livia Zita - Carrara dynamic hair
    - Mmoir - outdoor scenes, indoor sets, tutorials
    - Dartanbeck - Outdoor sets, starry sky
    - PhilW - carrara dynamic hair, scenes and sets, realistic seas (tutorials under Infinite Skills)
    - Howie Farkes - outdor scenes - forests, cities
    - Holyforest - Carrara shader collections
    - GKDantas - Carrara shader sets - leaves for the plant editor

Apologies to those I missed.  Can't wait for Ringomonfort and TangoAlpha to go on sale later this weekend.

Good day for Carrara-related stuff.

TangoAlpha's bank add-on for the Parthenon Club is in the new release sale  (also is a featured artist so other products on sale as well)

Age of Armor and Dimension Theory are featured artists so...

Age of Armor's Studio Paris is in mega fastgrab

DimensionTheory's products for Carrara including Cloud9 Pack, Skies of Reality 2, GelMaster Pack, Lighting2LifeGels, WinterGels and Atmospheric Clouds are in mega fastgrab

If you get a debut new release (such as the aforementioned Parthenon Bank), you can get a one of several G2F or G2M character starter bundles for free.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,190
    diomede said:

Good day for Carrara-related stuff.

TangoAlpha's bank add-on for the Parthenon Club is in the new release sale  (also is a featured artist so other products on sale as well)

Good tip, thanks.  Of T-A's six products, 5 are on sale (I have 3) @ 40%off.  The Parthenon Club/Bank looks great, I can think of stories for that.  For one thing, it reminds me a lot of Rockefeller Hall here in Houston, an old bank converted into a music club - I saw Bonnie Raitt there years ago for $5:

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/50/54/25/10667370/3/1024x1024.jpg

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited October 2016

The club is only not on sale cos it's still "new" category.  In case you're interested, the building it's inspired by is in New Albany, Indiana.

Post edited by TangoAlpha on

The club is only not on sale cos it's still "new" category.  In case you're interested, the building it's inspired by is in New Albany, Indiana.

Yes, that is certainly fair.  I'm curious, is the building currently a bank or a club?  I'm guessing club, since banks don't look like that anymore.  But that look is what attracts me, given my interest in Steampunk, late 19th century San Francisco (the "Barbary Coast"), etc. 

edited October 2016

It has been both. Google Streetview suggests it was up for lease this time last year (the date of the photos). Some of the changes of use buildings go through can be fascinating. One of my current WIPs started life as a labour exchange in the 1930s. Then it became the city's Weights & Measures department and later the coroner's court and city mortuary. It's now a drop-in community centre.

edited October 2016

http://www.daz3d.com/parthenon-club is now out of "new" status and currently 40% off. So if you bought my bank addon for it but didn't get the base set because it was still full price, now's your chance to grab it! smiley

Edit: Link fixed - D'oh!

If you get a 404 error, TangoAlpha's base parthenon club is here.  http://www.daz3d.com/parthenon-club

http://www.daz3d.com/parthenon-club is now out of "new" status and currently 40% off. So if you bought my bank addon for it but didn't get the base set because it was still full price, now's your chance to grab it! smiley

Got it ... uh, them.  Looks great, and in Carrara format!  I don't have to redo all the lights cameras, ... 

• Does anyone know if the Parthenon Bank can be used without the Parthenon Club? I really just want the interior bank scenes with lights. Are all of the walls and lights part of the Parthenon Club?

Yes they are part of the club. The bank is very much an addon. The .car file does have the mesh, but there are no textrures for the common components.

• Thanks Tango! I think I'll buy it and give it a try.

​GKDantas is one of the PC sale featured artists.  Several excellent Carrara-specific products.

http://www.daz3d.com/gkdantas#&filter_new=0&filter_platClub=0&filtered=1

GKDantas and TangoAlpha are featured artist in the PC catch up sale.

diomede said:

GKDantas and TangoAlpha are featured artist in the PC catch up sale.

Nice to see they used a Carrara render for my store link too! smiley

Wow. It's really nice being a PC member when this kind of thing happens. Last week there was that really cool bundle for free, and now there's this one!

Platinum Club Anniversary 2016 - Mega Pack 2

Along with all of that, there have been some really nice things going for some difficult to pass-up deals!

Just sayin'!

So much cool stuff that I was looking for to go along with my screenplay... there it is!

edited October 2016

Thanks Dart,  Kewl... only had one item in Platinum Club Anniversary 2016 - Mega Pack 2

edited October 2016
    wgdjohn said:

Thanks Dart,  Kewl... only had one item in Platinum Club Anniversary 2016 - Mega Pack 2

I had a few... but definitely wanted the rest of them too!!! Good score, eh?!!!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Yep... Good score... had the Potting Shed in my wishlist... wanted to study it's modeling. Saved a few bucks and got some bonus stuff. :)

• Not specifically Carrara, but good old Poser/Gen4 content that should work like a charm in Carara :

http://www.daz3d.com/battle-bundle-vikings

$4 for that bundle is incredible.

Philemo said:

Not specifically Carrara, but good old Poser/Gen4 content that should work like a charm in Carara :

http://www.daz3d.com/battle-bundle-vikings

$4 for that bundle is incredible.

Yes, nice heads up.  Interesting that the bundle does not show the Poser core installers, but each individual product does.  That is the only format I buy anymore (in addition to Carrara, of course ... thank you TangoAlpha)

Today is listed a lot of RunDNA content which is free. Just go to RuntimeDNA or type it in. Not Carrara specific but most have .cr2, poser mc6 along with the obj files.

You may want to bookmark that page... I didn't see any of it when searching DAZ Originals last night as price Low-High.  Suppose they might have just added the products.

edited October 2016

Platinum Club Anniversary 2016 - Mega Pack 3 - now available, and Free! Below are items in it... the pic links to the product page, I think... please let me know if it does not.

Mega Pack 3 image

So funny! I just bought some of that stuff! LOL