Garibaldi Express: Hair and Fur Plugin Beta [Commercial]

Comments

• futurebiscuitfuturebiscuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    I've installed it, but my PC is really weak to handle, and crash my DAZ. How can i disinstall it?

Go to your Dazstudio folder (the one with the program) and in the subfolder Uninstallers.
    Yeah, or your add/remove windows control panel.
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Installed the 0.5 beta ... Now, when loading a previously saved scene DS4.5 crashes.
    Scenes created from fresh with current (0.5) version load fine.

Is this all scenes you saved in version beta4? Would it be possible for you to email me the scene your having issues with for me to debug the issue?
    Thanks
    edited December 1969

fivecat said:
    I'm also not getting clumping to work as shown in the video.

Have a look at the notes in this post:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9943/P195/#157471
    Also make sure you have a hair density map set for the amount texture for the clump deformer (normally the same map set the texture in the distrubution settings of the distribution workspace).
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

This is seriously cool. Maybe I missed this, but when you're working in the Paint section, is there a way to erase part of what you have there?

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Installed the 0.5 beta ... Now, when loading a previously saved scene DS4.5 crashes.
    Scenes created from fresh with current (0.5) version load fine.

Is this all scenes you saved in version beta4? Would it be possible for you to email me the scene your having issues with for me to debug the issue?
    Thanks

I've only tried the one so far, not sure how many I might have. I'll try and remember to mail it to you.
  • shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited November 2012

Alisa change the value setting in the paint tab to 0 - then repaint over the area you want to delete. That will erase the paint.

Post edited by shaaelia on
    edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:
    Alisa change the value setting in the paint tab to 0 - then repaint over the area you want to delete. That will erase the paint.

Ah, excellent and easy - thanks!! :)

edited December 1969

No worries, it took me a bit to figure that out. It's handy tho.

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

Yes, thank you for that bit of important info, Shaaelia. I have been just starting over, and over, and over when I make mistakes. This will be a great saver.

edited December 1969

That's what I ended up doing. I kept painting ears and having hair coming out in all weird ways. Saves a lot of time :)

edited December 1969

I am extremely jealous of all of you posting such great work, and exclaiming how easy it is, and how fast you accomplished your feats.

This has not been my experience, and I have been failing miserably. I find it hard, and very time consuming.

I look forward to some documentation, and tutorials to help out those of us struggling with this great plug-in.

O.K., James, here are some testing observations from me.

I know you don't really want requests right now, but I see a need for a couple of basic adjustment to some of the tools to help with production.

1. Can you make an allowance for the hair cutting tool to make straight cuts via key modifiers (CTRL, SHIFT, etc.)?

2. Within the scope of #1 above, will there be different view planes usable in the plug-in (front, side, top, etc.) including change in perspective/orthographic, and orbit banking?

I tried utilizing changes via DS to no avail, and found whatever pose I started Genesis in was set in stone in Garibaldi. Even changing Genesis back to T-pose would not reset the plug-in view-port.

I created and saved a base density map, but it refuses to work when I reload it onto a new Genesis (using same specs). It refuses to propagate the hair in the Distribute tab. Also, if I delete the the original Hair Density map, and then add a new Hair Density map (default, named the same) no hair will propagate in the Distribute tab as well. It seems to only work on the original Density map.

I would really like to create a couple of saved density maps to use across different projects. I find it tiresome to have to re-paint the same map over, and over again.

Here is my mediocre attempt at producing anything usable. I present to you all the greatest hairstyle of them all...

Behold, I give you "The Rat Tail": (Same hair, all three. No shadow maps for one on the left. I cheated...)

TheRatTail.jpg
    2000 x 654 - 189K
  • GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:

I tried utilizing changes via DS to no avail, and found whatever pose I started Genesis in was set in stone in Garibaldi. Even changing Genesis back to T-pose would not reset the plug-in view-port.

I created and saved a base density map, but it refuses to work when I reload it onto a new Genesis (using same specs). It refuses to propagate the hair in the Distribute tab. Also, if I delete the the original Hair Density map, and then add a new Hair Density map (default, named the same) no hair will propagate in the Distribute tab as well. It seems to only work on the original Density map.

These were covered in earlier posts - though it may not have been obvious.

If you make changes to the pose or morphs in DS, then in Garibaldi set up screen there is a button at the bottom called "update surfaces". This will update Garibaldi with the new pose/morph information.

Density maps must be grey scale. If you save a density map via export, then when you import to a new Garibaldi node it must be brought in as grey and not colour. Colour is only for texture maps for the hair colour.

• MangeyDesignerMangeyDesigner Posts: 129
    edited December 1969

Gone said:

Density maps must be grey scale. If you save a density map via export, then when you import to a new Garibaldi node it must be brought in as grey and not colour. Colour is only for texture maps for the hair colour.

How do you import colour maps? When I am in the Paint window and select Import I get no options and the colour map I imported came in as grey and not coloured.

edited November 2012

Gone:

Thank you very much. I think I remember that being said, but forgot when I was working. I kept trying the "house", and "target" buttons at the top of screen thinking those were what was mentioned as the solution. I will seek out the "update surfaces" button at the bottom.

Regarding the maps, yes, I know the differences, and I am using the one (1024 grey PNG) saved by Garibaldi. But, you clued me into something I did not think of checking. Perhaps they ended up 24 bit color instead of 8 bit grey. I will check, make any necessary changes, and try again. Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated.

MangeyDesigner:

That's how I created my base density map. Via V4's default 1024 "purple bikini" with hair diffuse map. It is kind of a pain to load (as noted by fivecat), but due to her testing, and insight I was able to get it to load.

The trick is to NOT create a new color map before you import a color map, and you don't actually select an image (at first). You select the folder containing the image you would like to import, and then Garibaldi allows you to select an image, and will give you a drop down selection box where you can select color, and name your map. I hope this helps...

*EDITS: For general stoopidity...

Post edited by DaremoK3 on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Wow, this looks brilliant! So happy it's also for PC now! :) - Just waiting for my auto email from the site to get started. My genesis characters are in desperation for some realistic and cool styled hair! :)

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited November 2012

I just stumbled upon this!
    Email send ^^
    And indeed, I got the mail in my Gmail spam folder!

Post edited by Sylvan on
    edited December 1969

That was what I realised happened lol, I waited for 10 mins for it to arrive... And low and behold, Gmail put it in spam haha

edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:
    Gone:

Thank you very much. I think I remember that being said, but forgot when I was working. I kept trying the "house", and "target" buttons at the top of screen thinking those were what was mentioned as the solution. I will seek out the "update surfaces" button at the bottom.

Regarding the maps, yes, I know the differences, and I am using the one (1024 grey PNG) saved by Garibaldi. But, you clued me into something I did not think of checking. Perhaps they ended up 24 bit color instead of 8 bit grey. I will check, make any necessary changes, and try again. Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated.

MangeyDesigner:

That's how I created my base density map. Via V4's default 1024 "purple bikini" with hair diffuse map. It is kind of a pain to load (as noted by fivecat), but due to her testing, and insight I was able to get it to load.

The trick is to NOT create a new color map before you import a color map, and you don't actually select an image (at first). You select the folder containing the image you would like to import, and then Garibaldi allows you to select an image, and will give you a drop down selection box where you can select color, and name your map. I hope this helps...

*EDITS: For general stoopidity...

Thanks for that I worked out what I was doing wrong :D

edited December 1969

Are we supposed to have a serial for this? My email didn't give me one and Daz is asking for it.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Haven't gotten a serial, the plugin works without.

edited December 1969

Ah, thanks man... I wasn't sure and thought I better ask :)

edited December 1969

Yes no serial needed at this stage.

I finally got a hairline I am happier with and I worked out how to do colour maps which is just as well cos this hairline is created with a second hair node and the colour matches perfectly using a colour map.

I still think my take on hair styles is a little dated but I am getting there lol

I need to take the advice given and use a photo reference for my next attempt!

MyNewGH03.jpg
    957 x 1024 - 130K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Yes no serial needed at this stage.

I finally got a hairline I am happier with and I worked out how to do colour maps which is just as well cos this hairline is created with a second hair node and the colour matches perfectly using a colour map.

I still think my take on hair styles is a little dated but I am getting there lol

I need to take the advice given and use a photo reference for my next attempt!

That looks really good!
    edited December 1969

Wow thats awesome man! This is all so cool, content creation in regards to hair has reached a whole new level :cheese:

• edited December 1969

Looks like 80's bangs, lol. Much better than anything I've managed.
  • KibbyKibby Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

Did anyone try rendering it using Reality 2.5 to LuxRender yet? What was the outcome?

• edited December 1969

Did anyone try rendering it using Reality 2.5 to LuxRender yet? What was the outcome?

The hair curves are 3delight only. You would have to save hairs as mesh to export, like fibermesh from zbrush.
    edited December 1969

Not being into "what the current style is" but rather "what I like", I think it's really nice!!

edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:
    I look forward to some documentation, and tutorials to help out those of us struggling with this great plug-in.
    Hopefully soon... They've been more things to fix than expected which has been the priority.
    I've been thinking about getting down to some documentation a lot recently... This thread is expanding it's becoming harder to read every post that has some random bit of info for new comers.

DaremoK3 said:

1. Can you make an allowance for the hair cutting tool to make straight cuts via key modifiers (CTRL, SHIFT, etc.)?

I need to add geometry ocullusion to the cut tool (stop curves being cut out of view behind figures geometry)... When I get round to this I might have a look into this if I can think of a really quick/easy solution...

2. Within the scope of #1 above, will there be different view planes usable in the plug-in (front, side, top, etc.) including change in perspective/orthographic, and orbit banking?
    Originally there was going to be orthographic views options... There is a camera menu above the top left of the viewport, as time has progressed this seems to dropping down to the bottom of the todo list. Due to how some features work in in garibaldi it's not quite as trivial as changing the openGL view setup. I thinking it is unlikely to get into version 1 now.

edited December 1969

How do you import colour maps? When I am in the Paint window and select Import I get no options and the colour map I imported came in as grey and not coloured.

After selecting the directory of containing the maps you wish to import you should see a dialog box where you can specify a garibaldi texture name and type (grey/colour) using a drop down menu.
This discussion has been closed.