Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD V for Victory

Comments

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ok, I hope this post won't be seen as stretching things waaay to far. But yesterday, a little dog jumped outside of a tram, the tram started and the tram-driver refused to stop. The little dog was dragged behind/besides the tram despite the cries from the owner of the dog, it was hurt pretty badly. I won't post the picture of the dog here, but only the link to the story:

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/artikkel.php?artid=10055577

I find the driver to be ultimately inhumane and stupid, bordering on sadistic. The tram company has stated they'll pay the bills for the veterinarian, and I hope they'll sack the driver promptly. But that's not been mentioned yet. :shut:

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

Ok, I hope this post won't be seen as stretching things waaay to far. But yesterday, a little dog jumped outside of a tram, the tram started and the tram-driver refused to stop. The little dog was dragged behind/besides the tram despite the cries from the owner of the dog, it was hurt pretty badly. I won't post the picture of the dog here, but only the link to the story:

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/artikkel.php?artid=10055577

I find the driver to be ultimately inhumane and stupid, bordering on sadistic. The tram company has stated they'll pay the bills for the veterinarian, and I hope they'll sack the driver promptly. But that's not been mentioned yet. :shut:

Not OT this is a perfect example of how STUPID people are just TRULY STUPID! Poor puppy and Owner. I feel for them.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I got distressed when I read the story. I couldn't believe what I was reading.

edited November 2012

Okay Norse help me with some stupid, I need traps that primitive people might have used to hunt game. I have Snare traps on my list Dead fall traps on my list and for large prey the pit trap. What else would be good?

Trying to take your mind of the other thing....

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Running a herd of critters off the edge of cliff is also hugely popular, based on archaeological evidence.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,709
    edited December 1969

I will not look at that story or I will cry :long:

on a lighter note

404981_10152059866694460_814570296_n.jpeg
    500 x 375 - 42K
    edited November 2012

Skiriki said:
    Running a herd of critters off the edge of cliff is also hugely popular, based on archaeological evidence.
    Yep but I would not need to model that. I was asked for PROPS. That's just rendering. Hmmm.... coulda said that before couldn't I?
    edited December 1969

I will not look at that story or I will cry :long:

on a lighter note

DAM!! I'dd love that!! I'm crippled, my balance is not for CRAP but I would just HAVE to ride that. I'm Stupid you know.
    edited December 1969

Okay, well then there's this thing we call as "käpälälauta", literally "paw board". It is a plank of wood, or a tree stump cut to certain shape; it is used to hunt fox and wolf. The idea is to place the bait up high, so the critter needs to jump and there's a chance it'll get stuck.

I think if you nose around this forum, you will find more primitive traps. http://paleoplanet69529.yuku.com/topic/41007

pawboard.jpg
    400 x 600 - 163K
    edited December 1969

Thanks bookmarked for later viewing.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Okay Norse help me with some stupid, I need traps that primitive people might have used to hunt game. I have Snare traps on my list Dead fall traps on my list and for large prey the pit trap. What else would be good?

Well. Hmmm, this is difficult....

Mouse-trap?

A bucket?

A swatter?

:gulp:

I think you have covered traps, because I can't think of anything besides those you've mentioned. I was thinking of fishnets, or a torque-driven impaler that is triggered with bait of some kind.

edited December 1969

AH HA! An impaler can be done. I've seen those. Thanks much.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,512
    edited December 1969

...judging on what I have observed, I think this trap is quite effective...

daz_sale.jpg
    400 x 333 - 55K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,609
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

When is the sale? pants like a good little wolf waiting for something great

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

SALE! OMG! WHERE WHERE WHERE!?

*watches her cred card getting ensnared, impaled, etc*

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

edited December 1969

I do not have to go anywhere today

edited December 1969

Well, I just got back.

And soon, I SHALL NOM ON DELISHOOSH VINDALOO!

edited December 1969

I gotta pee. Hopefully that means I am drinking enough fluids.

edited December 1969

You are, Missy.

On the other hand, I'm using Interjection more and more now to get good realistic skin. Creating a small library of characters that I can merge into scenes.

edited December 1969

I got a couple of hours then I have to good follow my brother around the grocery store. He'll pick up this and put it in the cart, I'll take it out and put it back. He has no idea how to shop without spending way more than needed. I love my Bro but he is Stupid.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

That's a common trait with shoppers lol

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Is why I do my main shop on the internet, plus of course the store I like to shop at doesn't have a branch close to us. I can't be bothered to make an hour journey just to buy food, when this nice guy will bring it straight to my front door for me.

edited December 1969

I have a similar problem with the Daz Store. That is one of the reasons that my itemized order history is so long.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I have a similar problem with the Daz Store. That is one of the reasons that my itemized order history is so long.

LOL - You should utilize the "wishlist" and only buy when it's appropriate to the budget.

@Cho, I can understand that if you're an hour away from the supermarket. I'm only 5 mins drive away from it so, it would be silly for anyone like me to use that option.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Oh I Have an Asda that is just a few minutes away (That's Walmart to the US peeps) adn Another supermarket down in the TOwn, but I prefer to shop at the one which s doesn't have a local store but has better quality.

lolcat_shopping.jpg
    500 x 375 - 29K
    edited December 1969

All dressed in warm clothes ready for half hour drive to the store, yep that's the closest to me (no internet option in my part of the woods). Ate me a samich so I'll not be hungry, never shop hungry. It's now a waiting game. Will bro show up, did he go to bed? If not here before noon I'll have to take my DON'T even think of driving for hours med's so he will just have to wait again. Sid is not exactly the most reliable person under the sun. Which is also Stupid.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    All dressed in warm clothes ready for half hour drive to the store, yep that's the closest to me (no internet option in my part of the woods). Ate me a samich so I'll not be hungry, never shop hungry. It's now a waiting game. Will bro show up, did he go to bed? If not here before noon I'll have to take my DON'T even think of driving for hours med's so he will just have to wait again. Sid is not exactly the most reliable person under the sun. Which is also Stupid.

Brothers, huh? I'm the little one.
    brothers.jpg
    590 x 600 - 35K
    edited December 1969

My mum complains that a twenty minute drive is so darn long. She is upset that my brother might be moving to Arizona which is a bit further from us. I told her that unless the rates are extremely different, a plane can take her to visit him in either his current place or his new place. She said it would take longer since it is a bit further.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

LOL - You should utilize the "wishlist" and only buy when it's appropriate to the budget.

@Cho, I can understand that if you're an hour away from the supermarket. I'm only 5 mins drive away from it so, it would be silly for anyone like me to use that option.

I tried that long time ago but my wishlist is now unmanageably long and full of duplicates and triplicates. I wish Daz has a save for later section of the cart like Amazon.

This discussion has been closed.