Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    Tjohn said:

Kulay is Miss Bad again! smiley

I am a bad Bad Wolf

*hugs*

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,138
    edited September 2016

Complaint:  I've been looking for a source for Klondike "Double Chocolate" bars.  All the stores around here carry every variation except "Double Chocolate".  It's the only good ice cream bar I've found that doesn't aggravate my lactose intolerance.  Yet, the local stores don't think it sells well enough to stock.  I know, I've asked. sad

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109

Last page, last post. :-)

If I don't find the new thread, somebody please rope me in.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    MistyMist said:

ketchup sale, oh popeye, didnt win lotto

...me neither. Looks like I'll never even be able to upgrade my current system let alone build one to take full advantage of Iray.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited September 2016
    McGyver said:
    MistyMist said:

american possums metabolism immune to rabies, not so sure they lower life form.  
    if they had thumbs mann, possums, squirrels, raccoons mann they could allies against us deforesting trucks

But they would look so adorable in their little paramilitary uniforms...

Luckily they are terrible at following orders and have no natural strategic instincts... Well, possums, squirrels and chipmunks...

Raccoons on the other hand, are damn good at reenacting historic battles...

Well, mostly... And relatively... but unfortunately they are much more expensive to accurately cloth in period garb... That and raccoons are very selective about who they want to depict, so for example when they were reenacting the battle of Morrisville (US civil war), one of the raccoons (Franky Three Toes) that wanted to play confederate general Wade Hampton III, got all snippy because he was given the part of union general Hugh Judson Kilpatrick whom he felt was a reckless and inconsiderate individual, for which he resented the role... So he ran over to Maj. Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman (Sammy the Mooch) and bit him on the foot, so Sammy gets all mad and bites him back, but in the process bites Louie No Lips (playing General Hampton)too,  so Hampton in turn bites Joseph Wheeler (Fat Frankie) and Jimmy the Chin get clawed in the eye, even though he wasn't even in that battle as he was to play Robert E. Lee... So now in runs Big Benny who was gonna play Abraham Lincoln (stovepipe hat and all) and the next thing I know instead of using their little rifles and shooting blank rounds at each other, they are tearing each other to pieces... 

In the end Jimmy the Chin, loses an eye and can't play Lee, Don Carlito gets a bayonet in the face and dies,  Fat Frankie breaks a leg and and all the uniforms get torn to shreds... And I'm pretty sure someone ate a bunch of the brass buttons, because like half of them were missing... Not to mention someone pooped in Lincoln's hat too.

Thats why I switched to hamsters and chinchillas for my historic battle reenactments... Besides, the battle of midway was so much easier with hamster sized aircraft carriers than the raccoon sized Viking ships.

...have you thought of using honey badgers?

McGyver said:

Cake would be super... 

Eddie Izzard has a funny bit about "cake or death"...  I usually choose cake.

...cake is not a lie.

McGyver said:

Cake would be super... 

I would choose cake over death, but I do not understand the statement.  Maybe if one is diabetic then cake could be death, but otherwise it makes no sense to me.

...hmm..."Give me Cake or GIve me Death".  Has a ring to it.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

Good morning to all

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995

I'm scared... What if this is the post that ends the thread? 

What if I have to name the new thread?

What is this at the bottom of my coffee cup? It looks like a small moth...

What if I don't make the last post and someone else makes it instead... What if the pressure is too much for them and they have a breakdown and end up in the hospital...?

Why won't this damn iPad capitalize the first letter of a new sentence, when I start a new paragraph?

Why am I separating each question and making the length of this post taller and thus more likely to be the last post if it is so worrisome?

Too stressful... Need more coffee... See yuz in the next thread...

And good morning to you all...

OMG!  Onions Mushrooms GreenPeppers!

McGyver said:

I'm scared... What if this is the post that ends the thread? 

What if I have to name the new thread?

What is this at the bottom of my coffee cup? It looks like a small moth...

What if I don't make the last post and someone else makes it instead... What if the pressure is too much for them and they have a breakdown and end up in the hospital...?

Why won't this damn iPad capitalize the first letter of a new sentence, when I start a new paragraph?

Why am I separating each question and making the length of this post taller and thus more likely to be the last post if it is so worrisome?

Too stressful... Need more coffee... See yuz in the next thread...

And good morning to you all...

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited September 2016
    kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:
    MistyMist said:

if they had thumbs mann, possums, squirrels, raccoons mann they could allies against us deforesting trucks

Luckily they are terrible at following orders and have no natural strategic instincts... Well, possums, squirrels and chipmunks...

Well, mostly... And relatively... but unfortunately they are much more expensive to accurately cloth in period garb... That and raccoons are very selective about who they want to depict, so for example when they were reenacting the battle of Morrisville (US civil war), one of the raccoons (Franky Three Toes) that wanted to play confederate general Wade Hampton III, got all snippy because he was given the part of union general Hugh Judson Kilpatrick whom he felt was a reckless and inconsiderate individual, for which he resented the role... So he ran over to Maj. Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman (Sammy the Mooch) and bit him on the foot, so Sammy gets all mad and bites him back, but in the process bites Louie No Lips (playing General Hampton)too,  so Hampton in turn bites Joseph Wheeler (Fat Frankie) and Jimmy the Chin get clawed in the eye, even though he wasn't even in that battle as he was to play Robert E. Lee... So now in runs Big Benny who was gonna play Abraham Lincoln (stovepipe hat and all) and the next thing I know instead of using their little rifles and shooting blank rounds at each other, they are tearing each other to pieces... 

In the end Jimmy the Chin, loses an eye and can't play Lee, Don Carlito gets a bayonet in the face and dies,  Fat Frankie breaks a leg and and all the uniforms get torn to shreds... And I'm pretty sure someone ate a bunch of the brass buttons, because like half of them were missing... Not to mention someone pooped in Lincoln's hat too.

Thats why I switched to hamsters and chinchillas for my historic battle reenactments... Besides, the battle of midway was so much easier with hamster sized aircraft carriers than the raccoon sized Viking ships.

McGyver said:

Cake would be super... 

...cake is not a lie.

McGyver said:

Cake would be super... 

I would choose cake over death, but I do not understand the statement.  Maybe if one is diabetic then cake could be death, but otherwise it makes no sense to me.

Much better than "Let them eat cake". smiley

Still no new thread. 

Post edited by TJohn on

Edward is telling me I have not fed the bettas yet, but he is lying as I already did

ps1borg said:
    Tjohn said:

Kulay is Miss Bad again! smiley

I am a bad Bad Wolf

*hugs*

Thanks

edited September 2016

Good morning, are we all still here or have we been split?

Today is Tuesday, one of my regular micro-adventure days.  I only allow myself two per week during the summer.  I let myself drive the car.  On these much anticipated days I take the garbage to the transfer station.  Yea!  Go to the drugstore.  Yea!  Eat in a real person restaurant.  Yea, Yea! and come home.  The excitement is often too much for me and I have to take a nap and soak my feet. sad

Good morning, are we all still here or have we been split?

Not yet

edited September 2016

Question: why don't drugstores have restaurants in them anymore? indecision  When I was a kid we used to go to the drugstore to get a hamburger and milkshake or tuna salad sandwich & coffee.

Question: why don't drugstores have restaurants in them anymore? indecision  When I was a kid we used to go to the drugstore to get a hamburger and milkshake or tuna salad sandwich & coffee.

Good question.

Because McDonalds doesn't sell drugs. Other than caffeine that is.

I do not like McDonald's

I do not like McDonald's

Neither do I, but the start of the fast food chains coincided with the end of the drug store dining counter.

Tjohn said:

I do not like McDonald's

Neither do I, but the start of the fast food chains coincided with the end of the drug store dining counter.

Oh there are restaurants in gas stations though 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited September 2016
    Tjohn said:
    kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:
    MistyMist said:

McGyver said:

Cake would be super... 

...cake is not a lie.

McGyver said:

Cake would be super... 

Much better than "Let them eat cake". smiley

Still no new thread. 

American Pie -

marching band refused to yield - what the hecks this verse about

Tjohn said:

I do not like McDonald's

drug store dining counter ...

is that like, Boulevard of Broken Dreams?

another classic

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited September 2016

While that image of the 5 car garage was valid even just 30 years ago, the goal of higher education today seems to be earning enough money to be able to afford to move back in with your parents while you pay off your higher education before retiring at 80. indecision

It is hot outside.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    Tjohn said:

Puppy drop.

laugh  laugh  laugh  laugh  laugh  

Dana

Hmmmm thinking of having lunch

They've figured out that you shouldn't eat until at least a half hour after taking many medicines.  Maybe someone did and sued one of them when they had a bad reaction.  laugh

Dana

I do not like McDonald's

Me, neither.

Dana

DanaTA said:

They've figured out that you shouldn't eat until at least a half hour after taking many medicines.  Maybe someone did and sued one of them when they had a bad reaction.  laugh

Dana

I was told some medicine needs to be taken with food.

DanaTA said:

Dana

I did say many, not all.  I know some are to be taken with food.  I think many more need to be taken alone, with just water.  Juice and other drinks sometimes kill the medicine, or have a bad side effect sometimes.

The Can't Really Take a Spoonful of Sugar with my Medicine Complaint Thread.

Dana

DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

I did say many, not all.  I know some are to be taken with food.  I think many more need to be taken alone, with just water.  Juice and other drinks sometimes kill the medicine, or have a bad side effect sometimes.

Dana

Soda with corn syrup is not good with medicine

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2016
    DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Dana

Himself had some medications that he had to take with food, but one of his main medications had to not only be taken on an empty stomach, it had to be taken at, as near as darn it, the same time every day. And yes, only water to wash tablets down as fruit juice, especially apple juice for some reason, does not agree with some medications,  and if you take blood thinners, as he did, then grapefruit or cranberry juice shouldn't be drunk at all. The reason for taking medicines on an empty stomach and not eatring for half an hour or so afterwards is in order to allow the medication to work efficiently.

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
    edited September 2016
    DanaTA said:

I do not like McDonald's

Me, neither.

Dana

I do not like green eggs and ham.

I do not like them, Sam-I-Am.

Carry on complaining here 

This discussion has been closed.