CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK II

Comments

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

And now I'm a happy camper, finally, I have one of Dan Polatnik's fine models gracing my runtime, this is a really fine model, and is one of the many on a couple of the GTA download sites, the mesh is the nicest I've ever seen, and so far all the meshes I've worked with from these .dff files are decent meshes, but this one was so superb, I had to finish the material presets for it, took me a good chunk of the night too!

60_Chev12.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 1M
    60_Chev1.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 1021K
    60_Chev.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 1M
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,260
    edited December 1969

OK gonna get to play I hope
    Finally got the GTA Tools for Blender installed had to reinstall an older version of Blender to get them to work as the newest version won't recognize them

Then you found the wrong one Robert. The first one I found wouldn't run in newer blender versions then I found the one on the Japanese site that was released in August which works perfectly in 2.64a. Here is the link for the ones I'm using in 2.64a. (Link uses google translate to translate the page from Japanese to English)

Gtatools_for_blender_120812
    is the one I downloaded from the Japanese site but can't get Blender 2.64-RC2 to recognize it
    Will try again later today with a fresh download and install

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 499
    edited November 2012

Finally got the GTA Tools for Blender installed had to reinstall an older version of Blender to get them to work as the newest version won't recognize them

Then you found the wrong one Robert. The first one I found wouldn't run in newer blender versions then I found the one on the Japanese site that was released in August which works perfectly in 2.64a. Here is the link for the ones I'm using in 2.64a. (Link uses google translate to translate the page from Japanese to English)

is the one I downloaded from the Japanese site but can't get Blender 2.64-RC2 to recognize it

Ok that's the one for sure. My blender version is showing 2.64.0 r51232 on the splash screen and it is working great.

EDIT: I tend to use the official release versions from blender.org these days not any other experimental or RC ones so mine shows as 2.64a-release on their site.

Post edited by greymouser69 on
    edited December 1969

Ok that's the one for sure. My blender version is showing 2.64.0 r51232 on the splash screen and it is working great.
    Got it that' s 2.64a which I've just reinstalled it to and yep it works fine now must have had a bad install or download last night

• CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    And now I'm a happy camper, finally, I have one of Dan Polatnik's fine models gracing my runtime, this is a really fine model, and is one of the many on a couple of the GTA download sites, the mesh is the nicest I've ever seen, and so far all the meshes I've worked with from these .dff files are decent meshes, but this one was so superb, I had to finish the material presets for it, took me a good chunk of the night too!

Hey betsy,

You got that right, this is one nice car. Yours is looking good. You ever notice something missing from these convertibles? It's the cover for the top when it's down.

Here's my conversion of the same car....PP2012 render.

1960Impala.jpg
    1147 x 884 - 177K
    edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:

Hey betsy,

You got that right, this is one nice car. Yours is looking good. You ever notice something missing from these convertibles? It's the cover for the top when it's down.

Here's my conversion of the same car....PP2012 render.

Yes I did, you of course noticed there wer a bunch of tuning parts with this car too, but not a top boot, but thats okay, I also have Schurby's 59 Impala, so I can use that top boot!

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Yes I did, you of course noticed there wer a bunch of tuning parts with this car too, but not a top boot, but thats okay, I also have Schurby's 59 Impala, so I can use that top boot!

You know, I totally forgot about Schurby's. Have to check into that.

edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:

You know, I totally forgot about Schurby's. Have to check into that.

I wonder if the top off of Schurby's 59 Impala was work for those "top up" scenes?

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

I did this one this morning...I KNOW, I KNOW...another 32 Ford, but this one has a great mesh and the doors work, trunk too. The hood and side hoods can be removed and the tires are seperate so I can change them if I want. Looks pretty good overall for a 32 Ford.Oh...the mesh is by Woofi, he does some nice ones.

:-)

1935FordHotRodDaz4.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 110K
    1935FordHotRodDaz3.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 83K
    1935FordHotRodDaz2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 84K
    1935FordHotRodDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 108K
    edited December 1969

Ok I wanted to re-visit how I had imported the 67 GTO since it was a tad too small the way I first brought it in to studio. So I took my last scene and replaced the gto with my new version. Also tried some different shader presets on the chrome (blue chrome, rims at silver chrome) and glass plus noticed that I had ray trace depth set to 1 in render settings so I bumped that up to 4 as well. Still using super shine top coat since that has always turned out nice. I also tried some rubber presets for the tires but really don't like how they turned out at all.

So, anyway, here is me re-visiting my previous scene.

67goat.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Here's a few more I did today. A 1953 Ford FR100 pickup and my take on the 1959ChevyImpala. There is actually quite a difference in the 59 and 60 Impala, mostly in the detail of the front and rear of the car. I still like the 61 best, haven't found one though.

Here's the 53 Ford FR100:

1953FordF100Daz4.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 103K
    1953FordF100Daz3.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 85K
    1953FordF100Daz2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 71K
    1953FordF100Daz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 83K
    edited December 1969

...and here's the 59 Impala.

1959ChevyImpalaDaz3.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 86K
    1959ChevyImpalaDaz2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 65K
    1959ChevyImpalaDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 104K
    edited December 1969

I had hoped this one would have been nicer. I had a friend in high school who had this exact car...same color and all. We rode a lot of places in it. Unfortunately, this one has a real rough mesh. Very rough. The shaders hides most of it. I went ahead and converted it though, just so I can say I have it. The 59 Studebaker Lark was a rare bird.

1959StudebakerLarkDaz3.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 82K
    1959StudebakerLarkDaz2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 63K
    1959StudebakerLarkDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 105K
    edited December 1969

Well OK I've got the GTATools for Blender working now I just have to take a club and beat Blender into submission

edited December 1969

Blender isn't all that diffacult to work with, just diffacult to learn how to use, one thing I found is that some cars won't work at all, even after converting in Blender, but for the most part, it should work fine.

Heres some I was playing with tonight!

Mater.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 822K
    Hey_sue_01.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 409K
    Hey_sue00.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 354K
    badass_56.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 811K
    badass_55.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 816K
    edited November 2012

Well OK I've got the GTATools for Blender working now I just have to take a club and beat Blender into submission

Heh I know the feeling Robert, the getting started tutorials over at blender cookie were a big help in familiarizing myself with the interface and basics -- http://cgcookie.com/blender/category/getting-started/ not to mention the blender survival guide by Paolo Ciccone (the creator of reality for studio) here - http://library.creativecow.net/articles/ciccone_paolo/blender-survival-guide-1.php

Post edited by greymouser69 on
    edited December 1969

1957 Desoto Fireflite Sportsman

This one is a NFS conversion. One of the few NFS cars that I can open in Zmodeler. Unfortunately the car opened in sections but the mesh was good. Took in all part in Poser and UVMapper, then reassembled in Poser. The interior and underside isn't as detailed as the GTA cars and there is no engine.

1957Desoto.jpg
    1147 x 884 - 173K
    edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    1957 Desoto Fireflite Sportsman

This one is a NFS conversion. One of the few NFS cars that I can open in Zmodeler. Unfortunately the car opened in sections but the mesh was good. Took in all part in Poser and UVMapper, then reassembled in Poser. The interior and underside isn't as detailed as the GTA cars and there is no engine.

Looks really nice Cherokee! Great job.

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Blender isn't all that diffacult to work with, just diffacult to learn how to use, one thing I found is that some cars won't work at all, even after converting in Blender, but for the most part, it should work fine.

Heres some I was playing with tonight!

Yeah Betsy!...you go!

edited December 1969

Heh I know the feeling Robert, the getting started tutorials over at blender cookie were a big help in familiarizing myself with the interface and basics -- http://cgcookie.com/blender/category/getting-started/ not to mention the blender survival guide by Paolo Ciccone (the creator of reality for studio) here - http://library.creativecow.net/articles/ciccone_paolo/blender-survival-guide-1.php

Thanks for the links just wish they weren't video tuts
    Call me Old Fashioned but I despise video tuts find them such a pita to work with most of the time
    I much prefer a well written Pdf document
    How ever got this imported into and exported out of Blender as an obj and then imported to C4d where I'm currently working on it

ScreenShot011_(2).jpg
    771 x 622 - 44K
    edited December 1969

Hey Robert, looks like your getting it, thats the old Digimation 40 Ford pickup, I noticed there are a lot of variations of some of the cars we've been working one, the one main advantage to using the gta cars is that the smoothing, postwork, and all of the straightening out has pretty much already been done, thats a good thing when you consider that I had a nightmare with that 58 Impala, couldn't get the door or front left fender right, but when I downloaded the gta version, it was obviously the same mesh, but everything had already been rebuilt by whoever converted the car for gta! Thats a good thing.

Heres one that has much potential, I call it "Mater!"

Mater.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 822K
    edited November 2012

Actually this came from here

http://www.gta-classics.net/

It had a few polygons that ran from the bottom of the mirrors down to the lower rear door corner that I had to remove and then go through the mats and find what texture was associated with them

Post edited by Robert Freise on
    edited December 1969

It had a few polygons that ran from the bottom of the mirrors down to the lower rear door corner that I had to remove and then go through the mats and find what texture was associated with them

Robert,
    Have you looked at the engine in that 40 Ford. Looks pretty nice.

edited December 1969

Yes Robert, I know that, that isn't what I was saying, what I was saying is that they often use meshes we are already familiar with, for instance, there is a 48 Chevy woodie that is also the Dudley model that is availabe from DAZ, and of course, the credit is readily given in the notes, I didn't download that one, since I already have the DAZ model!

edited December 1969

Heres another 40 Ford coupe, off one of the GTA sites, this is the Deluxe Coupe, a little different from the Standard Coupe available from N7, but this mesh is really nice too!

wow03.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 384K
    wow02.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 315K
    wow01.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 345K
    wow00.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 394K
    edited December 1969

Cherokee said:

Robert,
    Have you looked at the engine in that 40 Ford. Looks pretty nice.

Oh yeah intend to separate it out to texture the different parts

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:

Yes Robert, I know that, that isn't what I was saying, what I was saying is that they often use meshes we are already familiar with, for instance, there is a 48 Chevy woodie that is also the Dudley model that is availabe from DAZ, and of course, the credit is readily given in the notes, I didn't download that one, since I already have the DAZ model!

Didn't realize that though I thought it was familiar
    I also have a number of the Dudley models in my collection

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Hey Robert, looks like your getting it, thats the old Digimation 40 Ford pickup, I noticed there are a lot of variations of some of the cars we've been working one, the one main advantage to using the gta cars is that the smoothing, postwork, and all of the straightening out has pretty much already been done, thats a good thing when you consider that I had a nightmare with that 58 Impala, couldn't get the door or front left fender right, but when I downloaded the gta version, it was obviously the same mesh, but everything had already been rebuilt by whoever converted the car for gta! Thats a good thing.

Heres one that has much potential, I call it "Mater!"

I know Rose's Gas station will be glad to add this wrecker to their station. Looks good.

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Heres another 40 Ford coupe, off one of the GTA sites, this is the Deluxe Coupe, a little different from the Standard Coupe available from N7, but this mesh is really nice too!

I got this one today as well as the 58 Impala and I found a site that has a lot of old cars. I got a 62 Plymouth Savoy, a 48 Ford coupe, a 58 plymouth Fury, a 48 Tucker Tornado, a 38 Buick coupe, and a 54 Airstream stainless trailer complete with the old wooden interior.

edited December 1969

Well...the 38 Buick Coupe is fried. It would not unlock in ZModeler 2.6.6 so I had to open it in version 2.1.1 then resave it as a .z3d file. Then open it in Version 2.6.6. It opened ok, but all the mat zones were lost. Also, the mesh was whacked out in 2.1.1 so I had to use the damaged mesh. Anyway, after a few hours of trying to get the textures to apply, I gave up. Can't apply them if there are no mat zones.

So, I deleted it. Then this is what I worked on...ahhhhhhhhhhh...much better. Nice mesh.

1955ChevyBelAir2Daz3.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 82K
    1955ChevyBelAir2Daz2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 67K
    1955ChevyBelAir2Daz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 101K
This discussion has been closed.