Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    Ati said:
    Overdrawn said:

@divamakup if you can believe it sorting by percentage discount was the *first* thing I attempted to build. :-P Sadly, it's "non-trival" (real...hard ;) ). It may still be possible, but it'll likely be slow depending on the number of products available in the current product list. I'll probably start with doing that on the Wishlist first, and see how it goes. Oh, and actually, @Ati's got a script that does something pretty similar: http://www.civilizationhunt.com/ds/ It lets you hide everything (on a single page) that is greater than a certain discount percentage off.

@sandman_max the wishlist button's on my list and in the meantime you ucan use @Ati's version of that i you want (see the link above). It gets a little crowded once you add it, though...so pondering how best to do that for the long term. Would be handy though! ^_^

@Chanteur-de-Vent I've submitted it to their system and it's in review by their editors!! However, there's no way around the wait (unlike with Firefox). Once it's up I'll let everyone know. :)

Also, a huge thanks to @AndyBerlin for being brave enough to install it on Android! That will be *much* easier once Moz finishes their review... :-P

Cheers!

Thank you, I've tried that but have had trouble getting it to work. Often times I'll enter a percentage value and it refreshes the page but doesn't actually sort anything by that percentage. 

It doesn't sort them, it just hides the ones below that percentage. If you enter 70%, then anything with a discount below 70% will be hidden. But the order of the items will remain the same.

That's what I meant, sorry for the poor word choice. I think I figured it out though - sometimes when that happens it works if you click "Get Discounts" twice. 

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    edited August 2016
    barbult said:
    Ati said:

It doesn't sort them, it just hides the ones below that percentage. If you enter 70%, then anything with a discount below 70% will be hidden. But the order of the items will remain the same.

The problem I have with this, is that I can never get it to scroll to the end of the list of All items. I lose patience first. Is there any trick to get it to scroll to the end with one command?

I used to have a "scroll down" button, but because of the different screen resolutions, it had lots of side-effects, so I put that project aside. With the wishlist, or the sales, you can get to the bottom pretty quickly manually. With all items, yeah, it's a nightmare. Unfortunately Daz does not load all products at once, the shop only loads them as you scroll down. This makes searching for example absolutely useless, since what you search for may not even be loaded. (On the plus side, it makes the initial load of the page faster, and most people don't want to see the entire page anyway, so why load it. It makes sense.) There is some filtering possible, but not for the kinds of things we would want here.

Post edited by Ati on
    Ati said:
    Overdrawn said:

@divamakup if you can believe it sorting by percentage discount was the *first* thing I attempted to build. :-P Sadly, it's "non-trival" (real...hard ;) ). It may still be possible, but it'll likely be slow depending on the number of products available in the current product list. I'll probably start with doing that on the Wishlist first, and see how it goes. Oh, and actually, @Ati's got a script that does something pretty similar: http://www.civilizationhunt.com/ds/ It lets you hide everything (on a single page) that is greater than a certain discount percentage off.

@sandman_max the wishlist button's on my list and in the meantime you ucan use @Ati's version of that i you want (see the link above). It gets a little crowded once you add it, though...so pondering how best to do that for the long term. Would be handy though! ^_^

@Chanteur-de-Vent I've submitted it to their system and it's in review by their editors!! However, there's no way around the wait (unlike with Firefox). Once it's up I'll let everyone know. :)

Also, a huge thanks to @AndyBerlin for being brave enough to install it on Android! That will be *much* easier once Moz finishes their review... :-P

Cheers!

Thank you, I've tried that but have had trouble getting it to work. Often times I'll enter a percentage value and it refreshes the page but doesn't actually sort anything by that percentage. 

That's what I meant, sorry for the poor word choice. I think I figured it out though - sometimes when that happens it works if you click "Get Discounts" twice. 

I have an idea for an actual sort, but it's messy... I'll see if it's even possible, but it definitely won't be a simple solution, like the dropdown sorting by new arrival, price etc.

Ati said:
    barbult said:
    Ati said:

The problem I have with this, is that I can never get it to scroll to the end of the list of All items. I lose patience first. Is there any trick to get it to scroll to the end with one command?

I used to have a "scroll down" button, but because of the different screen resolutions, it had lots of side-effects, so I put that project aside. With the wishlist, or the sales, you can get to the bottom pretty quickly manually. With all items, yeah, it's a nightmare. Unfortunately Daz does not load all products at once, the shop only loads them as you scroll down. This makes searching for example absolutely useless, since what you search for may not even be loaded. (On the plus side, it makes the initial load of the page faster, and most people don't want to see the entire page anyway, so why load it. It makes sense.) There is some filtering possible, but not for the kinds of things we would want here.

Ah I see. That makes sense. I can see why things like apps and add-ons would be quite limited to how the site itself functions and all the quarks that go with it. 

I do apprecaite all the work you've done! I absolutely love your "sum price of products"! :D

Ati said:
    barbult said:
    Ati said:

Ah I see. That makes sense. I can see why things like apps and add-ons would be quite limited to how the site itself functions and all the quarks that go with it. 

I do apprecaite all the work you've done! I absolutely love your "sum price of products"! :D

That's a useful one indeed. My favorites are the forum modifications (after all, I spend more time on the forums than do actual rendering :D ), and of course the email notifications.

Anyway, time to get some breakfast for me, then I'll see what I can do with the sort by discount% thing.

Ati said:
    I'll see what I can do with the sort by discount% thing.

@divamakeup Okay, this is what I could come up with. Usual place: http://civilizationhunt.com/ds/ and "Sort products by discount %" script (at the bottom, at least at this moment).

It's really messy, I don't really like it, but it does its job.

It doesn't work like the usual "sort by" dropdown. Unfortunately I don't have access to any data that has not been loaded yet, so it needs to load the whole page of products (a sale category, all products of a PA, ...). The usual sort data is provided by DAZ, even without loading everything, but the discount% is not, so currently I can't think of a friendlier way to do this.

When the page loads, click on the "Sort by discount %" button at the bottom. Depending on the number of products, sorting may take a few seconds. When it's done, the products with the highest discount are going to be listed at the top. Lowest discount at bottom.

Script may break if page has products that are discounted infinitely (for example a free product having a discount), or negatively (when the item costs more than its base price without the discount).

Only 5 spots left for the first round of the wishlist email notification. I don't want to have too many people on it yet over the weekend. Send me a private message if interested. We need to make sure it all works smoothly with a "standalone" version, before possibly integrating it into the addon.

Ati said:
    Ati said:

@divamakeup Okay, this is what I could come up with. Usual place: http://civilizationhunt.com/ds/ and "Sort products by discount %" script (at the bottom, at least at this moment).

It doesn't work like the usual "sort by" dropdown. Unfortunately I don't have access to any data that has not been loaded yet, so it needs to load the whole page of products (a sale category, all products of a PA, ...). The usual sort data is provided by DAZ, even without loading everything, but the discount% is not, so currently I can't think of a friendlier way to do this.

When the page loads, click on the "Sort by discount %" button at the bottom. Depending on the number of products, sorting may take a few seconds. When it's done, the products with the highest discount are going to be listed at the top. Lowest discount at bottom.

Script may break if page has products that are discounted infinitely (for example a free product having a discount), or negatively (when the item costs more than its base price without the discount).

Sweet! I look forward to trying this out! :D Thank you! 

Ati said:
    Ati said:

Sweet! I look forward to trying this out! :D Thank you! 

You can also use it in combination with the "get best discounts" script. Load the products of a PA, or any sale, hide the items below any given percentage so you have less items to go through, then sort these remaining items by discount percentage.

Now that I think of it, I could also make it work on the wishlist page. Marked as TODO. :)

Ati said:
    Now that I think of it, I could also make it work on the wishlist page. Marked as TODO. :)

It now sorts the wishlist products as well.

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325

Ugh... Hurry up, Mozilla!  Review the plugin!  I want to try this out, but it's blocking the plugin until its verified.

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325

I can use the plugin with the Firefox for Web Developers and the override -- it's awesome!  Just need it official in the non-developer version.  Override isn't possible in 48.0.1, from everything I've read.  I hate it when my computer/browser treat me like a toddler near a stairwell!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I like this plugin.  I have noticed one or two inconsistencies with bundles, though.  I'm not sure is it is a browser issue or how DAZ has the bundle set up for viewing.  On a few of the older bundles where I own all of the parts, they don't show up faded when I first go to the page.  However, after hitting the refresh button, the items that I own will fade.  I have to say being able to hit that little cloud icon and go right to the page in my product library list is a real timesaver!  Thanks for that.

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 561

Glad everyone's enjoying the extension! We're #44 (out of 108) in the "editorial" queue at the Mozilla Add-ons store! Can't come to soon, eh? ^_^

Also, I've just shipped version 1.1.6!! Here's what's new:

• Fixed coupon code filters
    • Brought coupon code filters to all product listings
    • Added price-per-item to bundle product pages

Here's a screenshot worth a thousand words. ;)

Like the "fadded" images, this new price-per-item feature does suffer the same issues that @Knittingmommy points out: it may not always load the first time, but reloading the page should fix it. Additionally, I have seen some weirdness where I own only one product (the base figure) of a bundle. I'm still hunting down that pesky bug, but if you see any additional oddities, do tell!

Thanks again for the kudos! I'll keep hacking away at this growing todo list with hopes of making next month's sale just that much more awesome.

Cheers! ^_^

faded-product-in-bundle-with-price-per-item.png
    1275 x 365 - 738K
    Overdrawn said:

Glad everyone's enjoying the extension! We're #44 (out of 108) in the "editorial" queue at the Mozilla Add-ons store! Can't come to soon, eh? ^_^

Also, I've just shipped version 1.1.6!! Here's what's new:

• Fixed coupon code filters
    • Brought coupon code filters to all product listings
    • Added price-per-item to bundle product pages

Here's a screenshot worth a thousand words. ;)

Like the "fadded" images, this new price-per-item feature does suffer the same issues that @Knittingmommy points out: it may not always load the first time, but reloading the page should fix it. Additionally, I have seen some weirdness where I own only one product (the base figure) of a bundle. I'm still hunting down that pesky bug, but if you see any additional oddities, do tell!

Thanks again for the kudos! I'll keep hacking away at this growing todo list with hopes of making next month's sale just that much more awesome.

Cheers! ^_^

That looks cool! How do you update it? Or do you need to uninstall the plug in and reinstall?

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

Wait, did I miss something? The SKU product page link seems to have vanished.

Overdrawn said:

Added price-per-item to bundle product pages

You know what would be nice? Adding a "Total price of unowned products" line here. That way we could see if buying the bundle is worth is at all. If the bundle costs $100 and the total individual price of unowned items is only $50, then no bundle. If the individual price is $150, then bundle.

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 561

@divamakup it should auto-update...eventually, but I'm not sure how/when each browser decides to push the updates. :-/ If you visit the addons section for the browser you're using, there's generally an "update" or "check for updates" option somewhere or other. :-P

@lx I just fixed that bug (@Ati found it too), and there's a 1.1.7 now in the stores. Sorry for the booogs. :-P

@Ati that's a great idea! After some quick research it also looks possible without too much pain. ;) Will research more and put that on the #TODO list.

Onward Daz-a-holics. ;)

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

Wooo it's back - thanks~

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

Ati, I was just looking at Tampermonkey's website.  Is there a way to block absolutely everything EXCEPT the DAZ website?  More along the lines of setting up which sites to *include*, rather than which ones to exclude.  THAT seems like an impossible task.

edited August 2016

Ati, I was just looking at Tampermonkey's website.  Is there a way to block absolutely everything EXCEPT the DAZ website?  More along the lines of setting up which sites to *include*, rather than which ones to exclude.  THAT seems like an impossible task.

There are two steps to this. 1. Only install scripts intentionally. Look at them before installing. 2. Look at the "include" part of the scripts to see where they are allowed to run. My scripts are restricted to daz, others may have less restrictions. If I remember correctly, the list of allowed sites is also shown during install, without having to read the actual code. I can't verify this right now, I'm on my phone. I'll check this for you later, with a screenshot.

Post edited by Ati on
    edited August 2016

The screenshots I promised.

When installing the script, you will see this in the upper right corner:

The marked line shows which domain the script is allowed to run. Below that you see where it does not run, even though it's the same domain. The screenshot is from the "show release date" script, that runs on the daz3d.com domain, but not on the forums, the "my account" page etc.

You can see the same thing when looking at the header of the code itself:

I hope this helps.

inc1.png
    419 x 201 - 73K
    inc2.png
    564 x 373 - 128K
    Post edited by Ati on
  • sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited September 2016

Very cool, ati. I'm getting emails now.

Another question: does Tamper Monkey work on Android? Send like it's just for desktops.

Post edited by sandmanmax on
  • Quick question.  I may have missed a notice that this was added, but I'm not sure it is part of the script or something new DAZ has added.  Does the script now tell you what the price of items inside a bundle would be if you bought the ones you don't have?  When I look at a bundle now, it gives me a price of what individual items would be for the ones I don't have.  I notice, though, that it doesn't seem to work correctly because it is giving me a price even if I already own everything in the bundle and I would assume the price should be zero in that instance.

So, is that part of the script or DAZ?  I'm using the Chrome version.

• @Knittingmommy it was added by the extension a few days ago (but updates take a bit): http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1519346/#Comment_1519346 Also @Ati sent me that bug also and it's fixed in this morning's update (1.1.8). :)
  • Overdrawn said:
    @Knittingmommy it was added by the extension a few days ago (but updates take a bit): http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1519346/#Comment_1519346 Also @Ati sent me that bug also and it's fixed in this morning's update (1.1.8). :)

Cool!  Thanks!

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

Just tried to install this and Mozilla says it's not supported on Firefox 43 and above. 

• @Cybersox13 until it's through editorial at Mozilla it's tricky to install. It's compatible with 45 and up. Apparently, though, 48 prevents installation with know work around because that version requires it to be signed (in this case, through editorial). According to the internal info, is #4 in line for review! Hopefully that means it's almost through! ...works fine in Chrome fwiw.
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    Overdrawn said:
    @Cybersox13 until it's through editorial at Mozilla it's tricky to install. It's compatible with 45 and up. Apparently, though, 48 prevents installation with know work around because that version requires it to be signed (in this case, through editorial). According to the internal info, is #4 in line for review! Hopefully that means it's almost through! ...works fine in Chrome fwiw.

Okay, I'll wait. 

• Overdrawn said:
    @Cybersox13 until it's through editorial at Mozilla it's tricky to install. It's compatible with 45 and up. Apparently, though, 48 prevents installation with know work around because that version requires it to be signed (in this case, through editorial). According to the internal info, is #4 in line for review! Hopefully that means it's almost through! ...works fine in Chrome fwiw.

Okay, I'll wait. 

There is a workaround:

Enter about:config in the url field

On the page that loads (internal firefox page) search vor xpinstall.signatures.required and set it to false

Install again.

This discussion has been closed.