Comments

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    edited August 2016

Installed anyway, doesn't work.

UntitledFirefox.jpg
    586 x 630 - 216K
    Post edited by Petercat on
  • OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 561
    Right. It's still in review by the Mozilla Add-on Editors...which takes 10 days...I went ahead and shared the link as it can be used now...but does come with that warning (for now). You can wait for the review to be completed of you'd like. I'll update this thread when it gets approved. Sorry for the scare. :-/
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Petercat said:

Installed anyway, doesn't work.

I also got that warning, installed anyway, but... it's working for me. I checked, and I'm running version 47.0.

Hrm...what version, Petercat? Also, check the cart page with some contents. That's the fastest way to know if it worked.
    edited August 2016
    Overdrawn said:
    Hrm...what version, Petercat? Also, check the cart page with some contents. That's the fastest way to know if it worked.

I don't know, the latest version as of yesterday? And yes, I loaded up my cart and nothing shows up. Didn't try any bundles, though.

Okay, that's weird. It says 43.0.4 but I did the update yesterday! Grrrr....

Put "about:firefox" in the location bat. That should have the version. The extension code has to wait on the page to finish loading, do if your cart is higher it may take a while. ;)
    edited August 2016
    Overdrawn said:

I don't know, the latest version as of yesterday? And yes, I loaded up my cart and nothing shows up. Didn't try any bundles, though.

Overdrawn said:
    Put "about:firefox" in the location bat. That should have the version. The extension code has to wait on the page to finish loading, do if your cart is higher it may take a while. ;)

Okay, I still have 43.0.4 and am going through the update process again. Right now the bundle grey-out is working on the product pages, but the percentages in the shopping cart aren't. I've never had an add-on work halfway before!

And the wishlist box is showing up also. It seems that the only thing that isn't working is the shopping cart mod.

Petercat said:
    Overdrawn said:

Overdrawn said:

Okay, I still have 43.0.4 and am going through the update process again. Right now the bundle grey-out is working on the product pages, but the percentages in the shopping cart aren't. I've never had an add-on work halfway before!

Overdrawn said:

Okay, have 48.0 now, and everything is working fine. Where is the link to the Product Library page near the wishlist icon? I can't find it.

I made a suggestion for an icon for encrypted-only products, but the moderators deleted that post.

Either they have no sense of humor, or mine is questionable.

The button you're looking for is in the product page in the store. Clicking the link takes you to that products info in your library on the site, so you can see when you saw it, etc. Also, page one contains a similar install type suggestion. Not sure what happened to your post, though. :-/
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I installed Firefox just for this add-on, and you know what? NO REGRETS! I love it!! Thanks so much for this amazing app, Overdrawn! :D

I have a request for future apps or an add on for this one (if you plan on updating or anything - believe me it's AMAZING JUST THE WAY IT IS). I was hoping that there would be a way to sort our wish lists or searches by highest percentage off. Is there any way we can convince you to add something like that? Then I think this app would be PERFECT! :D It's already pretty incredible though, so if you don't plan on adding anything to it, it's totally cool. I'm very thankful for the work you put into creating this and sharing it with the community. I'm having a blast with it, it's making my purchase planning a much easier task. The PC coupon additions are a major help too! :)

Overdrawn said:
    The button you're looking for is in the product page in the store. Clicking the link takes you to that products info in your library on the site, so you can see when you saw it, etc. Also, page one contains a similar install type suggestion. Not sure what happened to your post, though. :-/

Okay, I found the button. I wasn't seeing it because I have "Hide items I own" enabled.My suggestion was in an earlier thread where people were upset about DRM. I'll PM it to you. Hope you have an odd sense of humor.

• HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 170

Neat plugin - thank you!!!!

I understand the features cited, save for this one,
    "...adds a link to the Product Library page near the wishlist icon..."

Wishlist icon on which page???

Ray

edited August 2016
    HeavyRay said:

Ray

The product page of any item that you own. There will be a little cloud icon to the left of the red "already purchased" marker, to the right of the price. Next to the heart icon that you use to add a product to your wishlist.

• HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 170
    Petercat said:
    HeavyRay said:

Ray

The product page of any item that you own. There will be a little cloud icon to the left of the red "already purchased" marker, to the right of the price. Next to the heart icon that you use to add a product to your wishlist.

AHhhh...  now I understand.   Appreciate your help/explanation!

HeavyRay said:

Ray

The product page of any item that you own. There will be a little c

HeavyRay said:
    Petercat said:
    HeavyRay said:

Ray

AHhhh...  now I understand.   Appreciate your help/explanation!

It was easy... Once Overdrawn explained it to me!

The moment you've all (well...ok...a lot of you...) have been waiting for! The Chrome add-on is out!
    Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/daz-deals/nagnffdgedlcmlibjhmalgcaekfgiehc

Also, the Firefox verison has been updated to match:
    Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/daz-deals/

They both now include links to "Read Me" to the right of the SKU on product pages.

Checkout the updated top-post for more info (and better explination about the "Product Library" link. Tnx @Petercat!):
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/106296/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on/p1

• em53em53 Posts: 32

Firefox 48.0.1 will not allow this unverified addon to be installed. Even going to about:config and setting xpinstall.signatures.required to false still doesn't allow it. When will it be verified? Or any other options?

Odd. You shouldn't need to do anything in about:config to get it installed. They do make the process extra scary until they finish reviewing (estimated at 10 days...and that's nearly past). Chrome process is harder (and you have to pay them...>_<), but it's up immediately. Drop some screenshots and I'll see what I can do!

When trying to install, a little dialog pops up and says it won't be allowed and directs me to this:

Override add-on signing (advanced users)

You can override the setting to enforce the add-on signing requirement by changing the preference xpinstall.signatures.required to false in the Firefox Configuration Editor (about:config page). Support is not available for any changes made with the Configuration Editor so please do this at your own risk. Starting with Firefox version 48, the add-on signing requirement will be enforced with no override in Release and Beta versions of Firefox. See the MozillaWiki article, Add-ons/Extension Signing for more information.

Please note the third sentence. I do find this more interesting than being nannied. I'm going to roll back to 47.0.2 and try again.

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    Overdrawn said:
    Odd. You shouldn't need to do anything in about:config to get it installed. They do make the process extra scary until they finish reviewing (estimated at 10 days...and that's nearly past). Chrome process is harder (and you have to pay them...>_<), but it's up immediately. Drop some screenshots and I'll see what I can do!

How much do you have to pay Chrome to get an addon on there? I feel like we should be reimbursing you for making nice things that mean not having to open an extra browser xD

Testing Chrome version now, everything seems great so far.

@em53 ah. Seems I'm on 47 at the moment. I'll read up on the changs they must have made to the process...somewhere...and see what's up. I'm using their build tools and did try to upload a signed copy, but that threw an error about it already being uploaded. 47 is working great here (and for others afaict), but I will try and address this soon! Tnx.

@lx you are most kind. :) I should probably add stuff to my signature about folks "donating" to this cause--Daz gift cards are always welcome! ^_^

The Chrome payment is only $5 and covers "20 items"--which I think refers to individual extensions. It mostly just felt weird to pay Google money to improve the experience for "their" users. It's done for "identity verification"--which could've also been done by them sending me money! ;) But guess that's not how they do things. ;)

Anyhow. I appreciate all the appreciation! :D

• AtiAti Posts: 9,079
    Overdrawn said:

The Chrome payment is only $5 and covers "20 items"--which I think refers to individual extensions. It mostly just felt weird to pay Google money to improve the experience for "their" users.

An app in the Play Store costs a one time $25, I think. Which is still a lot better than the yearly $99 for the same in the Apple Store. :) I guess it's good to keep the "hello world" apps out.

Update: Reinstalled 47.0.1 and installed DAZ Deals 1.1.1 without issues. I guess I really don't need 48 anyway.

Great to know @em53! I'll upgrade and get that sorted in the coming weeks--since at some point none of us will have a choice and have to upgrade. :-P Thanks for the bug report!
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

a big thank you, overdrawn, from me and firefox! this is a great extension. 

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

YAY!!! It's here for Chrome! Thank you so much, Overdrawn! This is AWESOME! 

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,436
    edited August 2016

Thank you for the Chrome version.  I've just added it.  cool

I love the addition of the coupon filters to the wishlist. That's going to come in very handy. 

Post edited by N-RArts on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I went to check which version I had installed, and FF started downloading then next version! I quickly went into Options and changed it to ask me about updating... Phew. Bullet dodged. But FF still won't let me install the update. That's okay, I'll update after it's been approved. As long as I don't lose the discount display in the cart, or the grayed-out products in bundles, I'll be fine.

This discussion has been closed.