Linwelly's Grove

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Thanks a lot, I will have fun. That was actually one of the next steps I was going to try, to see what happens when I use motion blurr with the light moving or changing. Not animation in itself for me but to capture the motion in an image

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Yes, enjoy your vacation!

Something done while being home, moved my stuff finally to the new computer, got my first touch with DS4.9 but still sticking to 3delight. Some postwork in Gimp2.8. This one is for Lola Llanes Render a Month, on the number 11.

Title: Remember

http://www.daz3d.com/galleryimage/image/180076/remember_full.jpg

Remember.jpg
    1800 x 1440 - 2M
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Looks very nice Linwelly!  How was the vacation?

Looks very nice Linwelly!  How was the vacation?

Thanks a lot Knitting, we had a good trip, got riding lessons for a week and the sore muscels for that as well, but thats perfect. Sunday I'll be off again visiting my in-Laws and leaving the kids there. Once I'm back from that I'll try to get up to date with all that productiveness around here.

Beautiful!  Hope you enjoyed your vacation!

edited August 2016

Ugh, my thread has been buried deep down.. well time to surface it with a request, as I would like to hear your feedback. I would like to get together some renders of the archetypes of RPG and I'm starting off with the barbarian. this is kind of my first version I halfways happy with. I like the character so far and most of his warpaint. Clothing him I find rather difficult. This is the island warrior for most parts but I'm not too happy about the belt. I would like something better for a pelt on the neck as well. The khopesh is just what came with the outfit, I'd rather have a double bladed axe but the one I have is to posh and refined done (so not just solved with retexturing). I though about something along the lines of what that one forumite made and presented here ( I wish I was better at remembering names, and their thread seems to be buried as well...)

So what do you think, what needs to be changed, what do you like about him, do you have suggestions to my open tasks? Thanks a lot for the feedback

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/51/197c55c19eac0efedfd57116365142.png

barbarian-test.png
    566 x 800 - 989K
    Post edited by Linwelly on
  • XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871

might get some barbarian ideas from Barbarians Rising history channel stuff,  I'm guessing you're going for something like this painting of Attila the Hun

Thanks for the idea Xaaxuun, the show seems to have some proplem showing, but it could be caused  on my computer, I seem to have difficulties with certain video formats.

Well going historical would be a possibility but I was thinking more in terms of fantasy standard types for this one.

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923

Interessting warrior character, Linwelly! The warpaint is looking very good. Well done!

Maybe the Axes of Power contains something for you?

Linwelly said:

Thanks for the idea Xaaxuun, the show seems to have some proplem showing, but it could be caused  on my computer, I seem to have difficulties with certain video formats.

Well going historical would be a possibility but I was thinking more in terms of fantasy standard types for this one.

yeah I kinda had that impression, when you  mentioned RPG characters, but there was some wonder how close to historic you was wanting to go, or just stick with the Stereotyped Barbarian look

forgot to ask, which generation figure was you going to use, I wanna do some searching of choices and add to the suggestion

edited August 2016
    Post edited by XaatXuun on

I think you are thing of Strangefate's thread here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/86541/new-here-and-new-wip-things#latest. ;

What generation are you using for your barbarian?  I think he needs to be more broad and muscular across the shoulders and chest and possibly a bit taller as well if you are going for the iconic fantasy barbarian.  The tatoos and the beard look great and you are definitely headed in the right direction as far as his clothing goes.  Of course, this is just my two cents worth so feel free to take it or leave it lol.

Thanks for the feedback everbody, sorry I forgot to mention, this is actually a g3m with Leo as a basis but heavily modified.

The axes of power are worth a closer look thanks Mike, but yes it was Strangefates great stuff I was hoping for, so great you mentioned that.

So @Strangefate, if you are around, any idea when your work will go life?

Thanks for all the links Xaaxuun, the wildenlander I have marked for a different character, the Norseman for g3m I have oogled several times but the surfaces look like they need some serious work, so if someone got a render with that I would like to see it, maybe its not bad in use.

I have nerver seen the AQ Babarian outfit even though I scanned through all the g3m stuff available in the DAZ shop... the leather armwraps and belt look good, combined with what I have as loincloth, and it comes with two axes...  goes into the wishlist and I hope for the PA sales.

The horned Barbarian has neat textures ( as expected from Bobbie25 and Sarsa) but fitting on a g3, well I need tog et a converter for the stuff already...

Thanks on the feedback for his figure Sonja, I tend to be overcautious not to go overboard with features, that is why am asking.

I will let that sink in a bit while I work on my mage....

edited August 2016

I will put this up here as well, this is my entry for Llola Lanes render a month challenge, theme was the numer 12.. which was as difficult to find something uable as the 11.

But here it is Midsummer Romance, made with 3delight and a bit of postwork in GIMP2.8

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/b1/8cb1b1f2724ffc647ca30f1ab58f5b.jpg

Midsummer-Romance.jpg
    1800 x 1350 - 2M

Very cool, Linwelly!  I keep think I should do a render for Llola's thread as it always looks fun.  I know Isidorn has lots of fun with it.  I never seem to have time with all of the projects I have.  I love lurking in there, though.

Very cool, Linwelly!  I keep think I should do a render for Llola's thread as it always looks fun.  I know Isidorn has lots of fun with it.  I never seem to have time with all of the projects I have.  I love lurking in there, though.

Thanks a lot Knitting! yes it is fun as it gives a different aspect to begin a theme. sometimes the idea is there pretty fast, sometimes it takes a while to find something fitting. and I like the different ways people aproach the topic.

edited August 2016

Returning to an older character of mine, Akane based on g2f with a skin from skinbuilder pro. I'll probably give her a place the the RPG character archetypes as the Asian swordfighter type at some time, but this more or less popped in my mind and wanted out. I called it " Lithe" as usually made with DS4.9 rendered in 3delight, some postwork in GIMP2.8 And that Bamboo was once more a lot of fun to work with.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/4e/ea81ec13383afbd5a27310d110c105.jpg

Lithe.jpg
    1800 x 973 - 2M
  • MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923

Like the Midsummer Romance image very much. Twelve is really a challenge, you did very well. :)

The Asian Swordfighter is beautiful. Very nice DOF effect. Very good work, Linwelly!

Love the color contrast between her clothes and the background.  and the DOF is fantastic.

I just saw this in the gallery!  Very lovely character and I love the DOF with the bamboo!

Thanks a lot everybody!

• That's a beautiful render, Linwelly.  The lighting works really well in highlighting the character, and the color palette is great!

edited September 2016

This is an Art trade with @Chanteur-de-Vent , I had a go at one of her characters, Raban, and she made a render for my Dark Elf. More about that on my dA page, for all those interested.

As ususal rendered in 3delight, Gimp2.8 postwork. Peacing all those rooftops together took some time but I really like the result. The character was morphed takinf Leo7 as a basis, I switched skins though.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/80/a77b795bc5a6fe19dda89e90e10a31.jpg

Raban-Art-trade.jpg
    1800 x 1013 - 2M
  • What does it say about me that I recognize those buildings and I can only see the roofs?  Very nice image!  I really like what you did here.

edited September 2016

What does it say about me that I recognize those buildings and I can only see the roofs?  Very nice image!  I really like what you did here.

means you are a dazaholicwink, but me as well.

I got myself a real sonemason in the PA sale (even though the sale did't rock my boat to hard yet) the "After the war" set, and had to test it. It's not so much my genre but then there' s something about apocalypse that is fascinating. closeup surfaced ar not the best thing to do, I think I'll try another one with a more distanced view but still its really good and detailed.

called this Survival,

as usually renderd in 3delight and postwork with gimp 2.8

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/ca/a0a558189b95a4e0de544abd0ae8c4.jpg

survive.jpg
    1800 x 1013 - 2M
  • I saw this in the gallery.  I thought you did a good job with it even though you were stepping outside what I have seen you do before.  Nice job!

• I thought this was a great image, you did a stellar job on it.

Thank you both a lot!

Here is another one out of my box, made for the PC inspiration contest this month Fortune cookie sayings was the topic. so the cookie saying was

Don't 'face' reality, let it be the place from which you leap.

Title: Messenger between worlds.

The girl is Isaby as she comes (I toned down the subsurface settings of her skin). that ins the Manga-Anime Battlesuit with increased ambient, the rest is a lot of cobbled up mix and match with less postwork than one could think. as usial in 3delight and post with gimp 2.8

Messenger-between-worlds.jpg
    1273 x 1800 - 3M