TabascoJack's House of Hot Sauce and Art

Comments

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

She's beautifully done and I love the glow to the pendant!

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

Thanks for the tutorial! Like that last image with the glowing pendant. I might have to take a look at blender again for the physics part.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

The glow in the pendant is a great touch!

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865
    edited July 2016

Refining my technique....and adding pearls.   They're actually much easier than the chain necklace, since you don't actually need to render the string itself.   Also used a bezier curve instead of a circle for the initial posing, which let me have much better control for positioning it before running the physics simulation.  That way I was able to make sure the strand would loop over her thumb.

Contemplation

Beka - Pearl Necklace.jpg
    1200 x 1553 - 831K
    Post edited by TabascoJack on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

Wow! turned out really nice

RGcincy said:

Wow! turned out really nice

Thanks!

It's a lovely portrait and the pearls work out very nicely!

It's a lovely portrait and the pearls work out very nicely!

Thanks!

That's really beautiful!

edited July 2016

Infamous

Infamous4PS.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 2M
    edited August 2016

Still playing around with Blender and Photoshop.

Crystal Ball Base and Sphere modeled in Blender.  Seamless cloud texture created in photoshop.

Next up is learning about UV mapping.   As always, click the attachment for the full size version.

CrystalBallCloseUp.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 219K

Very nice image!  I haven't done anything in Blender in about a week or so.  I'll have to go in and make some jewelry.  I finally played around with canvases this morning.  Very cool.  I'm going to have to finally try out your space tutorial a few pages back.  :)

Very cool!  Laptop should be back soon so I can give some of this stuff a try.  New motherboard needed....

• Very nice image!  I haven't done anything in Blender in about a week or so.  I'll have to go in and make some jewelry.  I finally played around with canvases this morning.  Very cool.  I'm going to have to finally try out your space tutorial a few pages back.  :)

Looking forward to seeing it!    If you run into any questions, etc around canvases, I'm happy to help.  

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/62101/relighting-with-iray-canvases/p1

and

http://blog.irayrender.com/post/76948894710/compositing-with-light-path-expressions ;

are both great resources (don't worry about the light path expressions in the latter, you can accomplish most of that with Light Groups as referenced in the first link)

Very nice image!  I haven't done anything in Blender in about a week or so.  I'll have to go in and make some jewelry.  I finally played around with canvases this morning.  Very cool.  I'm going to have to finally try out your space tutorial a few pages back.  :)

Looking forward to seeing it!    If you run into any questions, etc around canvases, I'm happy to help.  

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/62101/relighting-with-iray-canvases/p1

and

http://blog.irayrender.com/post/76948894710/compositing-with-light-path-expressions ;

are both great resources (don't worry about the light path expressions in the latter, you can accomplish most of that with Light Groups as referenced in the first link)

Yep, followed the directions in the first link.  Worked like a charm.  I'll look at the other link tomorrow.  It's too late tonight to get into now.  I have an early Dr. appt. tomorrow for routine blood work so, after I get back, a space scene of my own in on the agenda.  I'll shout if I have any questions.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

You are so talented Jack!!! WOW such amazing renders with some amazing Jewlery and stuff!!!

edited August 2016

Had to do a more complex render with my crystal ball model....

This took about 6 hours to render, with almost all of it crawling from 60% to about 80% convergence.  I suspect it was the SSS in the potions...

Crystal ball, pendant, and chain modeled in blender.

Rendered in Iray, composited with lightgroup canvases.  Postwork (obviously) in photoshop.

Glamour
    ....in both senses of the word

CrystalBall3.jpg
    1200 x 1553 - 912K

I love what you did in this image!  I can almost see the spirits showing her the future!

Holy Cow!!! Jack that is one truely amazing render beautifully done!!!!!

Wow color me seriously impressed!  Very very well done!

Refining my technique....and adding pearls.   They're actually much easier than the chain necklace, since you don't actually need to render the string itself.   Also used a bezier curve instead of a circle for the initial posing, which let me have much better control for positioning it before running the physics simulation.  That way I was able to make sure the strand would loop over her thumb.

Contemplation

And, she gets an honorable mention!  Congrats, TJ!  Nicely done!

Yes great job congrats!

• Thank you so much!   My first time placing in the top 3!

Now I've got the bar set, I need to surpass it next time.   laugh

Thank you so much!   My first time placing in the top 3!

Now I've got the bar set, I need to surpass it next time.   laugh

Yes you certainly have shown you belong in the top spot for sure TJ!!!

edited August 2016

Also shown in Divamakeup's Muse thread

Amused

Beka, being amused by being a muse.

• Amazon12Amazon12 Posts: 67

Your renders are beautiful!

• Amazon12 said:

Your renders are beautiful!

Thank you!

She's lovely and I like all the custom jewelry!

Great shot and of course the jewelry is awesome!

• My other muse, Kayla.

She and Beka purchased their necklaces from the same shop.

Set is Dream Home, with some mucking about in the Geometry editor to split out some surfaces, and MEC4D's PBR shaders.

One of these days I'll go back through the whole Dream Home set and finish updating it with new shaders.