Carrara Academy for Light of Heaven

Comments

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

To use god rays, select a light and go to the Effects tab. The section for Gels can be set to Map and you can load whatever black and white you want (I used Andy's :D ).

I think this is how they made the Bat signal.

Quickie picies:

test2.jpg
    640 x 480 - 17K
    snip1.JPG
    242 x 346 - 24K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,796
    edited December 1969

I have a crepuscular eruption on my ar. . . . . too much sitting by the computer.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

OMG Wendy. I'll probably get one too.

edited December 1969

<-- is refraining from a horrible comeback.</p>

edited December 1969

Definitely by the time I get all this download installed and sorted out. See youse guys later.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Definitely by the time I get all this download installed and sorted out. See youse guys later.

Yipee! Welcome to the club...erm...academy.

edited December 1969

I want to put a texcture on one side of a plane and another on the other side. How can I do this?

edited December 1969

duplicate the plane and move it a bit

my dry fishtank, WIP

Doc3.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited December 1969

I stopped after 3 frames of indirect lighting
    was going to take too long

tank.gif
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I stopped after 3 frames of indirect lighting
    was going to take too long
    Finish it please, with other lights sure but Really! More.
    edited October 2012

lol! I lost the global illumination and also toned down the light, went from 31 hours to 8 hours rendertime, doing a looped movie from the png sequences instead.

tank001.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Wendy :)

Nice tank and fishes :)

If you're using indirect light,. try using the "AO only" option, Ambient Occlusion is less to calculate and there's little visible difference and a bit time difference,. but the use of Indirect light, depends on the objects around the scene which light would bounce back from, like walls and ceilings,.. so if for example, If you have a glass on a table, then the table will bounce most of the light up, and the glass surfaces allow most of the light to pass through, so... depending on what's in you're scene, it can be a waste of time to use indirect light,.. I usually try scenes with a much lower quality render, before I think about using any indirect, light or things like Caustics.

Also,.. try a render with "Gamma correction" enabled, and set it to 1.8 or 2.0 which should lighten the whole scene.

Andy :)

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Barry :)

Under "atmosphere".. In the Realistic Sky editor, there's an option to enable "sun beams" (god rays)
    but... in practice, it's much simpler and more predictable to use a "light gel" image, on a "spot light", to give you god rays or caustics.

I'm also with Big H, on the practical use of caustic soda for clearing drains,.. it's great for clearing moss from path's too :)

underwater2.jpg
    1080 x 720 - 82K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I won't spam the thread too much by posting the image, but This is a pure Bryce render, with crepuscular rays, called dancing in the moonlight. http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=38&aid=27610_XqYtL1uIflf1N3nmS3av&board_id=1

edited December 1969

my 10min looping aquarium
    in the tank to come (that is only a short slideshow).

edited December 1969

in the tank
    yes Pam, I am SPAMMING

edited December 1969

I'm bored...

Somebody make me do something.

edited December 1969

in the tank
    yes Pam, I am SPAMMING

I was spamming, cos it wasn't a Carrara render, but it did have crepuscular rays, which we had been talking about..

LOH do something, else I shall chase you around with my trusty club.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    in the tank
    yes Pam, I am SPAMMING

I was spamming, cos it wasn't a Carrara render, but it did have crepuscular rays, which we had been talking about..

LOH do something, else I shall chase you around with my trusty club.

Before I get scared, can I borrow it?

edited December 1969

Whyfor you want to borrow my club. You could model yourself one in this here Carrara app, couldn't you. THere you are, that's someting you could do to stop being bored.

edited December 1969

you could shape a Carrara tree into one.

edited December 1969

Funny, you say that. I was actually about to start buildiung a scene. But it's late, so I think dreamland sounds more fun.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Whyfor you want to borrow my club. You could model yourself one in this here Carrara app, couldn't you. THere you are, that's someting you could do to stop being bored.

You certainly could, it be a good app that there Rara.
    edited December 1969

What does this mean:

• Master Object Ambiguity:

•Edit the Master: Edits all instances of a particular master object.
    •Create a New Master: Creates a new master object for the current instance, and leaves other instances unchanged.

Is Create a New Master like always work on a duplicate, not your original? Does the Edit the Master make changes even to your master object, causing you to lose it?

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    What does this mean:

• Master Object Ambiguity:

•Edit the Master: Edits all instances of a particular master object.
    •Create a New Master: Creates a new master object for the current instance, and leaves other instances unchanged.

Is Create a New Master like always work on a duplicate, not your original? Does the Edit the Master make changes even to your master object, causing you to lose it?

Edit Master means that if you edit the master object, then yes, that object would change and therefore you'd lose the object as it used to be. But it also means that if you've got seven instances of that object (including instances using the replicator/surface replicator) then those objects will change as well.

Create a New Master means that you could make 100 instances of your original master object, and then change any of those instances to a new master, so that you could edit it slightly without changing all the other instances, or the original master. You could then use your new master to make 100 new instances. So you'd have 100 of one type and 100 of another.

If that makes any sense.

edited December 1969

I want to scale one part of an object that doesn't have any children/bones to select, but when I take it to the model room and scale that part, it goes through the rest of the object that is not selected. How do I add bones or children?

edited December 1969

Ha, I made two of the object, copied the area I wanted to scale, deleted it, then deleted the whole duplicate, pasted, and then parented. I'm pretty darn smart, right? :D

When do we get our report cards?

edited December 1969

Ha, I made two of the object, copied the area I wanted to scale, deleted it, then deleted the whole duplicate, pasted, and then parented. I'm pretty darn smart, right? :D

When do we get our report cards?

Nice one, great idea :D
    edited December 1969

Thanks. I just hope there will be an easier way of parenting things. I was trying to drag it down M4's monstrous list of body parts and kept missing my target!

edited December 1969

Thanks for the clarification, Barry. I thought that was what it meant, but wanted to be sure. I learned a long time ago in Paint Shop Pro that the first step is make a duplicate and close my original.