Comments

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    BWSman said:
    Song: Lookin' Out My Back Door

Album: Cosmo's Factory

Artist: Creedence Cleatwater Revival

My guess is either "Strange Days" by "The Doors" or "Sufficiently Breathless" by "Captain Beyond".

:-)

Nah, it's obviously "Venus in Furs" by the Velvet Underground, from the 1967 album "The Velvet Underground".

Obviously.

edited December 1969

And it makes me go like this ...

(This is an animated gif, but you might have to click it to see animation.)

Halloween002.gif
    500 x 375 - 499K
    edited December 1969

Hey, animations work!

gifBeetle.gif
    240 x 240 - 149K
    edited December 1969

Well, some do, anyway.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    DanaTA said:
    music2u4u said:

One thing about this one...all Gibson Les Pauls and hollow body electrics have arch tops and backs. There are no Les Pauls out there that have an arch top, they are all flat...even mine. So, this has an actual arch top and back on it...probably the only one out that does!!!

This statement is confusing me. First you say all have arch tops, then you say there are none with arch tops, they're all flat. :-S

In either case, the 1957 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop had an arch. I remember because my friend in high school had one, and I played it a couple of times, too. I found a photo of them...well, there were actually a lot of photos online. You can see the contours in the light and shadow.

Dana

To clearify this for you Dana...I think you misunderstood. All Gibson Les Pauls have arch tops. (Except for the 1956 Les Paul specials). What I meant, go back and re-read it, is there are no Les Paul MODELS out there with arch tops. All the models I have seen were made with flat tops, even mine were. The arch part is a very difficult part. If there are some, I have not seen them.

Oh, well that makes more sense. Now that you mention it, I think you're right.

I thought I saw some of the newer Les Pauls did have a flat front...I thought it was odd and somehow made them look cheap. Maybe I was imagining it. :smirk:

Dana

Dana

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    chohole said:
    And talking about decisions. I am trying to make my mind up about an outfit to texture, as I promised Rob something for November challenge.

Would this one suit, does anyone reckon.

I think that would suit just fine, Cho. Again, thank you.

Oh, and since jeeperz has already mentioned needing something... I'm still looking for another contribution for November - or two, if people don't want to get my first attempt at a texture for an entry prize. (Cho has promised me a texture or two, and Music's mentioned providing something, and I have a very-small gift from somebody not a regular here for anyone who'll volunteer to judge...) Might I impose upon someone for help here?

rob,
    I have been working on a set of DAZ4.5 presets for Mongoloid's Nitro Pony set. They are fits and material settings for the Mil Horse. I will also be creating pz2 files for the Poser horse. Mongoloid only has the objects and textures and this set would compliment his freebie. Would you be interested in this set for November?

Render_110.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 878K
  • agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

Gallery is updated.

http://ovbi.org/gallery/main.php

Alexa

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited October 2012

Dollygirl said:
    robkelk said:
    chohole said:
    And talking about decisions. I am trying to make my mind up about an outfit to texture, as I promised Rob something for November challenge.

Would this one suit, does anyone reckon.

I think that would suit just fine, Cho. Again, thank you.

Oh, and since jeeperz has already mentioned needing something... I'm still looking for another contribution for November - or two, if people don't want to get my first attempt at a texture for an entry prize. (Cho has promised me a texture or two, and Music's mentioned providing something, and I have a very-small gift from somebody not a regular here for anyone who'll volunteer to judge...) Might I impose upon someone for help here?

rob,
    I have been working on a set of DAZ4.5 presets for Mongoloid's Nitro Pony set. They are fits and material settings for the Mil Horse. I will also be creating pz2 files for the Poser horse. Mongoloid only has the objects and textures and this set would compliment his freebie. Would you be interested in this set for November?
    I would love that set, thank you! Please send me a PM when you're ready to send it to me.

If you have no objection, I'll make this the "entry gift" - everyone who takes part will get a copy.

Edit: Oops... I find I've mis-counted - I still need one more prize after this one. (I completely forgot about the Honourable Mentions! :red:) Chohole, Music, and Mr. Sparky have already promised me something...

Post edited by robkelk on
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    rob,
    I would love that set, thank you! Please send me a PM when you're ready to send it to me.

If you have no objection, I'll make this the "entry gift" - everyone who takes part will get a copy.

Edit: Oops... I find I've mis-counted - I still need one more prize after this one. (I completely forgot about the Honourable Mentions! :red:) Chohole, Music, and Mr. Sparky have already promised me something...

I have none. Making it the entry gift is acceptable. Will PM you when I get the package done.

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Gee, I'm really havin' t' search for dis topic 'cause it's dropped so far in da listin' 'cause...NOBODY'S POSTING ANYTIN'!!! WADDIZ DIS? TEN DAY'S T'GO AN' WHERE IS EVERYBODY?!?....sheesh...

Hey! Anybody out there remember Count Banjola? Probably not...inspired by a really bad routine from the old Gong Show TV series. The fact that I remember this should show how I wasted my younger years watching this garbage...

1.) Hiro 3 and Aiko 3 Figures

2.) The Mad Albino Character Texture. Registration Required.

3.) All Back Style Go to Downloads at Left, 2nd Item from Top.

4.) StillLife and StillMorning Twin Pack Registration Required.

5.) Expansion for Adzans StillLife Coat Registration Required.

6.) Painted Osculuse Boots Only. Registration Required.

7.) Bowtie for Freak Registration Required.

8.) Brace for A3 Cloak and Cloak Clasp. Registration Required.

9.) Gothic Jewel Set for V4/M4

10.) Banjo Registration Required.

11.) Coffin 01 Registration Required.

12.) Annette for A3 Character Morph. Registration Required.

13.) Dulcy for A3 Character Texture Only. Registration Required.

14.) Mitsumi Hair Registration Required.

15.) Fairy Dress for A3 Top of Page.

16.) Torch Registration Requied.

17.) Music Stand Registration Required.

18.) Millennium Cat LE Registration Required.

19.) Black Cat Texture for DAZ Mill Cat Registration Required.

20.) Odd Cat Poses II Registration Required.

21.) Hag Bag Registration Required.

22.) Candles Real Light Registration Required.

23.) Sgreco1970s Magazine Model Registration Required. (Front cover image replaced).

As always, figure set-up in Studio 2.3 and final render in Bryce 5.5. Texture on Hiro's clothing replaced in Bryce with a simple .jpg texture dump which required no newly made texture files. Some prop items were shader dependent props (the music stand, the candle and candlestick and the wall torches) and the textures were replaced with native Bryce materials. No postwork save signature and copyright notice.

COUNT_BANJOLA.jpg
    554 x 700 - 277K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Gee, I'm really havin' t' search for dis topic 'cause it's dropped so far in da listin' 'cause...NOBODY'S POSTING ANYTIN'!!! WADDIZ DIS? TEN DAY'S T'GO AN' WHERE IS EVERYBODY?!?....sheesh...

Hey! Anybody out there remember Count Banjola? Probably not...inspired by a really bad routine from the old Gong Show TV series. The fact that I remember this should show how I wasted my younger years watching this garbage...

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=27563_dFTcPNjNoZvdsVsCniLn&thumb=1&board_id=1

I've been busy with home repair/maintenance on my picket fence...sanding, staining...waiting for the rain to stop, more sanding, more staining. It's taking me a lot longer than I had anticipated. Nothing new, actually...I seem to be slow at these things.

Really cool image, I like it. Then again, what's new? One question...are they attentively listening because they like it, or because he made them? ;-P

Dana

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

I love it! I'm glad you could make such good use of my albino texture!

Frankly, I'm glad to see anyone else use my freebies. At all. Ever.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

1.) Hiro 3 and Aiko 3 Figures

2.) The Mad Albino Character Texture. Registration Required.

3.) All Back Style Go to Downloads at Left, 2nd Item from Top.

4.) StillLife and StillMorning Twin Pack Registration Required.

5.) Expansion for Adzans StillLife Coat Registration Required.

6.) Painted Osculuse Boots Only. Registration Required.

7.) Bowtie for Freak Registration Required.

8.) Brace for A3 Cloak and Cloak Clasp. Registration Required.

9.) Gothic Jewel Set for V4/M4

10.) Banjo Registration Required.

11.) Coffin 01 Registration Required.

12.) Annette for A3 Character Morph. Registration Required.

13.) Dulcy for A3 Character Texture Only. Registration Required.

14.) Mitsumi Hair Registration Required.

15.) Fairy Dress for A3 Top of Page.

16.) Torch Registration Requied.

17.) Music Stand Registration Required.

18.) Millennium Cat LE Registration Required.

19.) Black Cat Texture for DAZ Mill Cat Registration Required.

20.) Odd Cat Poses II Registration Required.

21.) Hag Bag Registration Required.

22.) Candles Real Light Registration Required.

23.) Sgreco1970s Magazine Model Registration Required. (Front cover image replaced).

As always, figure set-up in Studio 2.3 and final render in Bryce 5.5. Texture on Hiro's clothing replaced in Bryce with a simple .jpg texture dump which required no newly made texture files. Some prop items were shader dependent props (the music stand, the candle and candlestick and the wall torches) and the textures were replaced with native Bryce materials. No postwork save signature and copyright notice.

A banjo playing dracula!!!!....now I've seen everything!

He's a pickin'...and she's a grinnin'...and the cats a singin'.

The song?...."Will the Satanic Circle Be Unbroken!"

Hehehe.

ENTRY ACCEPTED

Lord_Ganthor3_-_COUNT_BANJOLA.jpg
    554 x 700 - 277K
    edited December 1969

NOTICE!....It's now the 20th of the month and I still have no judges. Without them, I will be left to pick winners!!!!!!!

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    NOTICE!....It's now the 20th of the month and I still have no judges. Without them, I will be left to pick winners!!!!!!!

Institute a draft. (Just don't get cold feet!)
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

OH, THE HORROR!!!!

It is halloween time, maybe everyone is trying to scare you...

If Alexa doesn't enter, I'll help judge. She's not a fan of halloween.

Kendall

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

I love it! I'm glad you could make such good use of my albino texture!

Frankly, I'm glad to see anyone else use my freebies. At all. Ever.

That was your texture? Wow, I never put the two together before! Yeah, it's a great texture that works on just about everybody (Gen 3 anyway) and I use it quite a bit. I did, however, have to copy the original files from the .PNG format to .JPG just to make them a little easier for me to work with. I even did a set of textures for some bat-like wings to match. I don't remember which wings they were, but it worked out really well. Thanks!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

NAE Dancing in the Moonlight (gets biggerer)

Still experimenting with a new version of Bryce on the new PC.

BTW Music if you really get stuck I will be a judge, if I can find time. Has anyone seem any time floating around, not sure where i misplaced mine, can never find it.

Moongate_spooky_2_copy.jpg
    675 x 900 - 410K
    edited December 1969

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Oh, sorry. Banjos frighten me.

Judging frightens me.

Everything frightens me.

edited December 1969

ok, so Kendall and Cho have offered to help judge, (like they both haven't helped a bunch already)! I had hoped to get some involvement from some of you folks that just hang out with this, but I guess you just want the free stuff. That is sad. I will ask once more for three judges, then I will have no choice but to accept their offers, even though they both give every month to help here. Also Jeeperz. I want some fresh blood to help this year......bruhahahahahahahahahaha!

So...come on you cowards...step up to the plate and become a judge.

Well...we're waiting!

edited December 1969

bloooooooooooood

fresh_blood_lol_cat.jpg
    500 x 482 - 28K
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    ok, so Kendall and Cho have offered to help judge, (like they both haven't helped a bunch already)! I had hoped to get some involvement from some of you folks that just hang out with this, but I guess you just want the free stuff. That is sad. I will ask once more for three judges, then I will have no choice but to accept their offers, even though they both give every month to help here. Also Jeeperz. I want some fresh blood to help this year......bruhahahahahahahahahaha!

Well...we're waiting!

I can't seem to come up with any ideas for an entry, Music so I will be a judge! If I do enter something then I know that I can't vote for me. Is that okay? Me want freebies!

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

Well...we're waiting!

I am still rebuilding my computer as both of my lapyops died with two days of each other. My main system had unrecoverable windows errors and the backup desinigrated the hard drive. It was old, tired and time to go. (the computer not me).

I loaded DAZ 4.5 and trying to figure it out and still need to load all my freebies. I love freebies and more freebies and more freebies but, I don't like unzipping and reloading.

So it looks very bad as to submitting a render this month. I am not sure how good I would be as a judge, but I am willing to give it a go.

I guess I could have summed it up by saying,

I'LL BE A JUDGE MUSIC!!

at your own risk of course

AT least I can sneak in an N.A.E. from MMHB past.

The_Rock_Family_Halloween_Party.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 306K
    edited December 1969

Oooh, that's looking good Music, 2 mu*** umm errr vict**** err Volunteers, ah yes, that's the word I was looking for volunteers , 2 volunteers, so maybe I will be let off if we find just one more. :coolsmirk:

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Alas, I have my hands full getting everything together for next month. (For which I'll need judges, as well ... but don't volunteer until after you've heard what the theme is, please!)

edited December 1969

dleelaw57 said:
    Both of my lapyops died with two days of each other.

And there are hardly any lapyops left in the wild. Such a shame.

Just kidding, Judge Dleelaw!

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478
    edited December 1969

dleelaw57 said:
    Both of my lapyops died with two days of each other.

And there are hardly any lapyops left in the wild. Such a shame.

Just kidding, Judge Dleelaw!

Be thankful there are hardly any

L ousy

A ##

P athetic

Y ucky

O ld

P ieces

Of

S h##

left in the wild.

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

Fresh blood ?

fresh_blood.jpg
    768 x 700 - 289K
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

Well...we're waiting!

muhaaaa....... I have some blood pies, uck did i just say that?????
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

been sort of slacking this month, can't seem to get win zip to work so it seems a pain to download stuff on poser or DS by hand. I'm glad we had some peeps speak up to judge, you might have been stuck with me judging again.