Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser

Comments

• darren_dd9be07039darren_dd9be07039 Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

Was thinking of buying the GenX Plugin, it says that it's compatible with Daz Studio 4.5, but has anyone tried it with the latest Genesis update (the dson one in Daz studio)? It's great being able to convert some of the old clothes, but would also like to transfer some of my old V4 and M4 morphs over.

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Yea! I finally have my Daz installers working correctly. For any one on a mac having problems with installers crashing as I did look at this link to help reset your permissions.

http://www.fixkb.com/2011/08/reset-home-folder-permissions.html

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,036
    edited December 1969

Darren the pic I posted earlier was done with the GenX plugin to transfer one of my M4 morphs in DS 4.5.

I've also found it interesting that when I apply textures that if I apply "Sample Jeremy no gen" from the materials folder and then apply one of my M4 textures, everything ends up mapping correctly. I tried it a few times without doing the MC6 file first and there were white lines everywhere! Havent tried it with V4 yet to see if it work on her too.

David

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

That is the effect of the different UV maps.
    You can, like you did, apply the correct mc6 first
    or you can do it with Mec4D's free UV switcher
    http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=86

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

Genesis morphs don't have to be DSON compatible as long they land in the same folder data as the base morphs
    if they are in the same folder they should load without problem when you add genesis to the scene in Poser as I have no problems with all my old morphs and shapes and I never had to upgrade anything they just works correctly .
    so your path is correct as they should go there in your case and loading up
    that is all I know ..

and I want to add without making another post , the answer regarding to thee black lines was answered already many times , you need to switch OFF the subdivision ( not set to zero )to get rid of them in the view port , but then you get low poly effect , the lines are needed and this is normal in this case , it is the :; cage :: genesis use geografting and need it so they can't get rid of that only DS models like clothing and hair that don;t use native sub-d in DS will be free from this side effect as they don;t use the sub-d at all but also can't be subdivided in Poser .

Thanks again to Mec4D for the free UV mapper!

I have another problem. I've installed Genesis Evolution Bodymorphs 1.4 which is supposed to be DSON compatible. The files are
    in Genesis Essentials\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Base. However I can't find the morph dials in PP2012. I am probably looking in the wrong place!

edited December 1969

if you dial up any morphs on genesis the grouping lines will vanish , that are the second lines that show up after UV's switch but they are not permanent , just dial up value of the morph and back and problem solved , the other outline is sub-d side effect .
    the UV's switcher is mostly created for use with the pz2 and older mc6 preset , Poser Companion File preset have the UV's already included so use it only with your old gen4 material presets :)

Kerya said:
    That is the effect of the different UV maps.
    You can, like you did, apply the correct mc6 first
    or you can do it with Mec4D's free UV switcher
    http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=86
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Darren UK said:
    Was thinking of buying the GenX Plugin, it says that it's compatible with Daz Studio 4.5, but has anyone tried it with the latest Genesis update (the dson one in Daz studio)? It's great being able to convert some of the old clothes, but would also like to transfer some of my old V4 and M4 morphs over.
    Part of the testing my team did on DS 4.5.1.6. Yes it works. :)
  • BelladzinesBelladzines Posts: 305
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    Artemis3d said:
    Now i have a new issue ...

After having to update my Daz Studio to 4.5 .... and i reinstalled the DSON stuff ... my v5 shapes isnt showing up in Female REal world parameters in my PP2012 ....

does anyone have any ideas on this one?

Is your V5 the DSON version!?

CHEERS!

i installed the DSON stuff inside my library folder (inside the daz studio folder) and it picked up all the v5 stuff plus all the extra stuff i had in there .... seems to be working fine now.
    the poser importer is inside the poser folder .....

edited December 1969

and that is how i have it installed also , Poser Companion File are only needed for Daz Studio 4.5 materials, figures, shape preset , poses and hair , this is the main Content Library that need conversion
    that was created in DUF format , any morphs or it is V5 , M5 or S5 will load anyway as you don't need any PCF for that ..

Genesis even works with Poser walk design as I tested yesterday with simple animations .. love it

Artemis3d said:
    Rogerbee said:
    Artemis3d said:
    Now i have a new issue ...

After having to update my Daz Studio to 4.5 .... and i reinstalled the DSON stuff ... my v5 shapes isnt showing up in Female REal world parameters in my PP2012 ....

does anyone have any ideas on this one?

Is your V5 the DSON version!?

CHEERS!

i installed the DSON stuff inside my library folder (inside the daz studio folder) and it picked up all the v5 stuff plus all the extra stuff i had in there .... seems to be working fine now.
    the poser importer is inside the poser folder .....

• danboidanboi Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Darren UK said:

I believe I may have got confused about this.I purchased this thinking that all morphs for Genesis I could install into the same folder as DSON and they would work OK with Genesis in Poser. Generation X will only install to DAZ Studio 4.5 and DAZ Studio and refuses to install to the DSON folder I created. So do I have to have DAZ Studio installed to create the duf and then use that duf on Genesis figure in Poser. I'm old and very confused BTW :-)

Danny

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Gen X is a plugin for DAZ Studio. It needs to be installed into the Plugins folder in Ptogram Files, and used 'Inside' DS 4 or 4.5

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

After hiccups with AVG cutting in and crashing Poser and corrupt preferences, I finally managed to get a V5 render out.

She's the standard body but with Danae's Dublin texture via Mec4D's UV script. The Genesis Bikini fits her like a charm!

Enjoy!

CHEERS!

V5-Dublin.jpg
    588 x 600 - 40K
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited December 1969

To people who are having problems installing and/or finding the DSON menu in Poser 9: check your Smith Micro folder -- in Program Files (x86) on Windows 7, not sure where it is on a Mac -- and see if there's a subfolder called Poser Pro 2012. Because that's where the installer thinks the plugin should go and very helpfully creates this folder if you don't have one. Naturally P9 can't find the plugin if you let it do that, so point it at your Poser 9 program folder. DO NOT use the default setting. I discovered this last night and, yes, it was the correct 32-bit installer that I was using. I had to remove the Poser Pro 2012 installation, run the DSON installer again and tell it exactly where to find my Poser 9 program. Then it showed up in the Scripts Menu just fine.

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

*giggles happily* This is P3Design's Jake morph, the M4 Jake skin from the Jake and Jeffery character set from Rendo, the sleek hair which decided to behave for a change, and Cath's Roman Tunic. The red velvet texture... needs help...

dsontunic.jpg
    907 x 652 - 55K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

danboi said:
    Darren UK said:

I believe I may have got confused about this.I purchased this thinking that all morphs for Genesis I could install into the same folder as DSON and they would work OK with Genesis in Poser. Generation X will only install to DAZ Studio 4.5 and DAZ Studio and refuses to install to the DSON folder I created. So do I have to have DAZ Studio installed to create the duf and then use that duf on Genesis figure in Poser. I'm old and very confused BTW :-)

Danny

GenX is a DS plugin and only works in DS. Once you've transferred a morph to Genesis with it, you don't need to do anything else, the morph dial will be present in Poser when you load a new Genesis.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,088
    edited December 1969

What about the Genesis Anatomy, the Gens, Male and Female? Will those be included, if I bought them (which I did) as Poser Companions with DSON Cores? In other words, will I be able to import and use the Genesis male and female gens in PoserPro2012? If so, what do I reset in order to be able to download them?

Right now, I'm downloading Michael 5 from Resetting the Pro Bundle, which I bought. I'm just downloading the items that say Pose Companion_Mac (in my case) and DSON CORE_Mac. That's correct, isn't it? I don't have to redownload the entire bundle if I already have the DS files?

• yannich_ff4dab420dyannich_ff4dab420d Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

I'm using DSON importer for 3 days now, and I found very difficult to convert, update, point,create,switch ... DS4 files to have them ( not working) in Poser . Happy than several artists converts some of their products . If somebody could create an app to do this fastidious work, I'm sure will buy it even if it's expensive ....I said this because I'm a Mac user and never have to find path/stuff/othersuff/nothing/sigh/

edited December 1969

Some of the M5 Pro Bundle items I'm downloading so that I'll get the DSON components are labeled things like Poser Companion. Then, there's another label -- Legacy, and finally, DSON Core. What's the difference between Poser Companion and Legacy?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

legacy Files for DS pre 4.5
    DSON core Files for DS4.5
    Poser companion files Files needed for Poser, in addition to the core files.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

Quick question.. I've used the brilliant DAZ History Manager that now hunts down files that have been updated to DSON and resets them if you want, which I did. BUT I'm cornfused :P Are the Legacy files necessary to download too? I suppose DAZ may have updated many of them with updates but to call them "legacy" just seems like they are older files that aren't necessary!

Thanks!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

Looks up at Cho's quick answer. Reading minds again are we dear?? :P

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

LOL yeah Mods have to keep ahead so we nurture new skills.

Seriously I have it on a sticky note, so it's a cut and paste job. Been asked several times a day so far.

edited December 1969

So, can someone please help with the Genesis Anatomy -- the male and female gens -- I bought them. I think they came with a Pro Bundle. But, I don't know what to reset to get the Poser Companion and DSON Core files.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

inquire said:
    So, can someone please help with the Genesis Anatomy -- the male and female gens -- I bought them. I think they came with a Pro Bundle. But, I don't know what to reset to get the Poser Companion and DSON Core files.

They are part of the respective V5/M5 Bundles. I think they may be also with the S5 bundle but am not sure - don't have her

edited October 2012

inquire said:

They are part of the respective V5/M5 Bundles. I think they may be also with the S5 bundle but am not sure - don't have her

Well, OK, I do find the M5 Genitalia within the M5 Pro Bundle, but I was looking for the Poser Compatible files and the DSON Core files for Poser. While there are now files like that for other parts of the M5 Pro Bundle, there's nothing for the gens.

Where is that Using the DSON Importer document? Maybe I'll try to do it myself, though I doubt I'll succeed.

Post edited by inquire on
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

inquire said:
    inquire said:

Well, OK, I do find the M5 Genitalia within the M5 Pro Bundle, but I was looking for the Poser Compatible files and the DSON Core files for Poser. While there are now files like that for other parts of the M5 Pro Bundle, there's nothing for the gens.

Where is that Using the DSON Importer document? Maybe I'll try to do it myself, though I doubt I'll succeed.

Ah, sorry - I misunderstood. I am still in the process of resetting the gazillion things that need resetting and redownloading them to use in Poser - hadn't gotten to the point of noticing that there weren't companion files for the gens. That's where I'd THINK they'd be, of couse...

edited December 1969

Wondering: Is it possible to Pose a Genesis Character, such as Michael 5, with textures, in DS, and then save that in the DSON format and import the whole thing into Poser?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

inquire said:
    Wondering: Is it possible to Pose a Genesis Character, such as Michael 5, with textures, in DS, and then save that in the DSON format and import the whole thing into Poser?

Yes, save as a scene or scene subset (or a character preset if it's just pose and materials you want), then use the conversion action on that to make it Poser-readable.

edited December 1969

inquire said:

Yes, save as a scene or scene subset (or a character preset if it's just pose and materials you want), then use the conversion action on that to make it Poser-readable.

OK, thanks, Richard. This will really be a big help, if I can make this work.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The male and female genitalia are being updated -- they'll probably be available next week.

This discussion has been closed.