Art & Animations By Ivy Summers

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133

Bugger ~

A couple of teen's, trying to catch a firefly.

Rendered in Daz Studio. Iray ~ custom HDR, Post work in PhotoShop. ( made the firefly myself )  Best viewed full size 1920x1080 @ 60 kb's

• I like your animation a lot. You make a great combination of cutness and fantasy :)

I like your animation a lot. You make a great combination of cutness and fantasy :)

Thank you very much :)

This is part II to bugger  , titled Eww

click for best view 1080 HD

edited July 2016

Infinity Pool

click for best viewed full size.

Post edited by Ivy on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Lovely!

Thank you very much Icedragon :)

I saw it over on sharecg as well and thought it was just beautiful!

The two dragonfly renders are a cute story as well, I had to laugh at the look on her face in the second one although I felt bad for the firefly lol.

The two dragonfly renders are a cute story as well, I had to laugh at the look on her face in the second one although I felt bad for the firefly lol.

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728

Nice lense flare. Was it added in post, or is there some cool render option I haven't found? What method did you use to make the hills?

There is a new product in the store to add lense flair and bokeh effects inside the render that just came out in the last couple of weeks.  http://www.daz3d.com/fsl-easy-lens-flare-bokeh Of course there is always post work as well.  Either way it looks fantastic in this one.

edited July 2016
    Jim said:

Nice lense flare. Was it added in post, or is there some cool render option I haven't found? What method did you use to make the hills?

it was done in post work with Abobe Photoshop

Post edited by Ivy on

I created that image from my experiences from trying to catch fireflies when i was a kid..  I had the same results squished  glowy stuff all over my hands ..lol

edited July 2016
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • dHandledHandle Posts: 617

Woohoo!

Very nice, Ivy! 

Congrats!

laugh

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Congrats.  Interesting bio, Ivy.  I had no idea you had all of that on your resume!  Nice!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

Congratulations on winning, Ivy! 

edited August 2016

Thank you guys I was excited to win a kindle its the first thing I ever won for not doing anything but filling out a survey.. :)

@Knittingmommy , I actually have a little more experience than what people think. I just try to keep to myself because I still have a stalker problem.

I guess I could be called a professional student, I'm always taking classes or learning something new.. I've been working as a Illustrator since i got out of school in the 80's  back then then it was Coral Draw,  and a windows PC's  was not even in existence. computers were as big as a car.   I got Adobe Certified in Photoshop, Illustrator & Flash n 2007 well after Adobe took over Macromedia.& I became a Adobe ambassador for 4 years endorsing and demonstrating Adobe Software. I was at Siggraph in 2010 help running the creative Suite Booth..lol  Back then it was cs2,  What is cool is have met and worked with some really cool influential people that have help me grow my career , & I was inspired by people like Christpher Vachor.  But that was a long long time ago when most art work was drawn by hand..lol   Back in the 90's I traveled a lot with different photography crews as a contractor working with them for planned page lay-outs for magazines and TV spots that were ordered. The internet was just in its infancy  then and windows XP was just released..lol  . In 1999  I had worked with a team of people  Broadcast.com in conjunction with viacom media to have the first ever web cast on the internet using RealPlayer for a Victoria Secrets fashion show during the Super Bowl XXXIII haf time show in 1999. that took place in Hyde park NY  it broke viewer records that still stand today. I'm proud to have my name attached to that work.  wow that was 16 years ago..lol    right now my studio is working as a contractor with DHO  (Disney Home Office out of Orlando Florida.)  spamming people with  Disney cruises and resort ads  & I work as a contractor artist to help people referred to me by godaddy.com  who need special art work for front end web site development. Godaddy sells web sites and hosting.  I've been trying to get into  Mountain State Health Alliance.  for the last month working in their IT Dept. so I can wind down to retirement.  The reason I started with Poser back in 2008 was I found I needed some art work I just could not create with Photoshop or Illustrator. and then I found Daz in 2010 because I was using poser the rest they say is history..lol

So  I've actually done more than 9 book covers for Frank Buddy Vaiden.  & I also built his web site , though it needs to be updated .  I have built 100's of web sites for people over the years  though its not really my primary job function . Its was just kind of a side of effect from learning MS Visual Basics,C+++ ,HTML  and Adobe creative suite products . this is the latest site i did http://www.farhorizonfarms.com/ its  a personal site, for these ladies that sell Organic beef   you'll love the pictures. I think baby cows are so cute.  this is the first time I won anything so I was very excited  can you tell..lol

Post edited by Ivy on
  • glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305

Congratulations.....   You are excited? Really? Couldn't tell laughsmiley.....

(Quite a short survey for me, one question and it was all over ....cheeky)

Hi Gleseye :)  Yes it was a very simple Servey. lol and YES! I'm very excited. Now if it would have been a powerball lotto ticket at around $300,000,000. we all be having a big party ..  :)

I'm familiar with Godaddy.com as I have a few of my websites registered through them.  I had their hosting for a long time but recently switched over to iPage.com.  I remember that Victoria's Secret thing during the Superbowl.  That was big back then.  Color me very impressed.  Cool covers, too.  The desire to do book covers, specifically my own, is how I got turned onto DS.  I ended up working on a couple I hope to sell on an Indie site so we'll see how that goes.  

Sorry to hear about the stalker issue.  Never a good thing.  Some people can become obsessed at the drop of a hat sometimes and you can never tell what will set them off on their obsession.  Stay safe.

Congrats, thats awesome Ivy!  Most excellent resume!.  Stalkers suck, definitely stay safe!

edited July 2016

@ Knittingmommy when I got out of school I was lucky I had a roomate, that her mother worked at Victoria Secrets and I got in the ground floor in the cutting room and worked my way up nothing glamerous. I was a big nerd in school and still now.. I worked for them until i got married in 2001

I never used Ipage. But i have used hostgator and Ehost, Pacificwebworks, Miva, a few others   Just depends what the people I'm building the web site for wants me to use for hosting. I like godaddy for their c-panal and the ready made server sides & vaults their easy to connect shopping carts too.,  you should check out their  Afillate program  https://www.godaddy.com/affiliates/affiliate-program.aspx?ci

All I can advise anyone on books covers is just keep plugging away with your art sometimes you get lucky like I did and hook up with the right person. to get you started.   if you want to publish books & covers for yourself. you can do it through Createspace.com  an Amazon publishing company and they will list your work for you free on Amazon to sell.  its a great way to get started.

Good Luck :)

Post edited by Ivy on
    Ivy said:

@ Knittingmommy when I got out of school I was lucky I had a roomate, that her mother worked at Victoria Secrets and I got in the ground floor in the cutting room and worked my way up nothing glamerous. I was a big nerd in school and still now.. I worked for them until i got married in 2001

I never used Ipage. But i have used hostgator and Ehost, Pacificwebworks, Miva, a few others   Just depends what the people I'm building the web site for wants me to use for hosting. I like godaddy for their c-panal and the ready made server sides & vaults their easy to connect shopping carts too.,  you should check out their  Afillate program  https://www.godaddy.com/affiliates/affiliate-program.aspx?ci

All I can advise anyone on books covers is just keep plugging away with your art sometimes you get lucky like I did and hook up with the right person. to get you started.   if you want to publish books & covers for yourself. you can do it through Createspace.com  an Amazon publishing company and they will list your work for you free on Amazon to sell.  its a great way to get started.

Good Luck :)

My plan is to publish through Amazon when I finish my novel.  If I ever finish.  It always seems like the closer I get to being done the more work I still need to do to it.  Hopefully, in the next month or two, though, as I am so ready to put this one to bed and get it out there!  I've done a lot of research and Indie publishing is definitely how I plan to go at it.

My plan is to publish through Amazon when I finish my novel.  If I ever finish.  It always seems like the closer I get to being done the more work I still need to do to it.  Hopefully, in the next month or two, though, as I am so ready to put this one to bed and get it out there!  I've done a lot of research and Indie publishing is definitely how I plan to go at it.

I wish you the best of luck & look for to seeing you completing your novel :)

edited October 2016

These are some test renders from  the opening scene of my new Karate girl film.  The Japanese fishing village I created myself using 3ds & Daz studio and kit bashing m stuff together .I'm still working on textures and adding docks .  The sky done is Magix101 Iray world domes. so far my vram rate for this set without characters is under a gig

Anyway these are just test renders all done in Iray for animation.  My rendeer times are about 45 seconds a frame with Max iterations settings around 300,  so I'm still working on getting my times down before i begin rendering this film.

Click each one for best view 1080HD  @ about 300 kb per frame.

Japanese island village northwest view.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 240K
    Japanese island village-Karate Girl01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 291K
    Japanese island village-Karate Girl02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 303K
    Japanese island village east view.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 210K
    Post edited by Ivy on

A country music writer hired me to created a simple animation to go along with a children Christmas song he wrote. & gave me permission to post the video on here.

the song is is called Festus the christmas crab..  you can buy the song as a single mp3  here.

the film is silly, cute and creepy all in one..lol  

• I don't know about that song, but I love the animation!  Nice job, Ivy!  :)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

I don't know about that song, but I love the animation!  Nice job, Ivy!  :)

+ 2

Thanks guys . Gus wrote the song for his grand kids. I thought the crab walking across the floor reminded me of a large spider which if one of those christmas crabs ever came through my fireplace. i would properly be heading out the door or nearest window..lol