GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• eicmareicmar Posts: 4
    edited June 2016

ALLIEKATBLUE: Manual should be located under "...\docs\Plugins\Genesis Generation X2" of your DAZ Studio folder. In addition, you can get it online from the product readme page at DAZ and from the product page on my website.

The "error reading definition" is most likely because you didn't install the GenX2 update for version 2.1.0, which is required for the Genesis 3 add-on. If you updated the plugin, you also have to update all add-ons.

eicmar: Ogora is a Genesis 2 Male morph, so source is Genesis 2 Male.

Kulay Wolf: You can, provided you have the according add-ons. However, you will have to select the Aiko 3 (Clone) shape as target. (I considered that transferring shape morphs from Genesis to Genesis 3 would be of no benefit instead of using the Clone morphs, because the joints for Genesis and Genesis 3 are rather different. The exception are generation 4 figures, because of the feet.) Hence, the new option to select clone shape targets by default.

I know that Ogora is a G2M morph. The problem is, if I choose the Ogora file for GenX I get the following error message:

"Not a valid figure"

Post edited by eicmar on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914
    edited June 2016

PLEASE DELETE. REDUNDENT POST

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914
    edited June 2016

ALLIEKATBLUE: Manual should be located under "...\docs\Plugins\Genesis Generation X2" of your DAZ Studio folder. In addition, you can get it online from the product readme page at DAZ and from the product page on my website.

It is not located on DAZ's Product readme page, (SKU:32599) and it is not installed on my PC as I only have a useless 1kb .dsx file, and where in the cold either is your website located?

Is it so hard to post a simple link to your website, included in a txt file and PDF inside the DIM downloaded 7zip file? As the Manual link only contains the original non-updated exe file!

EDIT

Never mind, I found it with the old/original genx PDF...

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464

Sorry for any confusion due to installers being inconsistent. So, here are the rules:

1. Be aware of the differences between version 1 and 2 of GenX. All installers (execuatable and DIM) are named accordingly, the version 2 installers have the number 2 after the X.
    2. Never ever do any updates for Geneses Generation X and the GenX add-ons. They are version 1 and no longer updated, no matter if there are new installers or not.
    3. Install the update for Genesis Generation X2 and for all GenX2 add-ons. Be aware that the DIM installer should uninstall version 1, but executable installers won't uninstall version 1.
    4. If you have any trouble, ensure that Genesis Generation X2 shows version 2.1.0.0 in the "About installed plugins" dialog of DS. Check the following:
    a. The d3dGenX2.dll/dylib must be in the plugins folder for DAZ Studio (must match 32/64 bit versions). The old d3dGenX.dll/dylib has to be deleted, if it is in the plugins folder.
    b. The GenX2 folder with all the data files must be in "DAZ 3D/Studio4" (or "DAZ 3D/Studio4 Public Build" for the beta) for the user configuration folder under "AppData/Roaming" (Windows) or "Application Support" (Mac). The GenX2 folder used by the plugin will contain GenX.ini once the plugin was running at least one time.

ALLIEKATBLUE: GenX is collecting the morphs from all content directories and from all products in the connect folder. If you get error messages, either some morphs contain oddities, or you may have morphs installed more than once in different locations.

eicmar: You load the Genesis 2 Male figure as source (from the "Source" button), and then select the Ogora morph in the morph list. (You can use "Ogora" in the GenX search feature to find the morph quickly.) Please have a look at the quick start section of the GenX2 manual about how to transfer a morph.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

where do i find the community morphs like for Balverk from MortemVetus for M4

and can i use them ?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited June 2016

When I transfer a morph like George, is there a way to get the character's JCMs too?

I see a mention of JCMs in the pdf file, but I don't understand what to select in the interface to transfer them. I understand that they may not work properly with the rigging of the target model, but I'd like to see what they do.

Post edited by barbult on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited June 2016

Opps, I ran into a problem I need advice on. I transferred FW Joanie HD (no HD, of course) from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 3 Female. Joaine is reliant on Victoria 6 and uses a couple other morphs for Joanie Navel, etc. So, I selected Transfer On for All Non-Zero values and the transfer mode was Selected Morphs. (I wanted to transfer individual morphs so I could dial out things like the Joanie Navel if I want to.)

Here is the problem: The original G2F Joanie at 100% sets Victoria 6  to 50%, but when I dial my transferred Joanie to 100% on G3F, it sets Victoria 6 to 100% and doesn't look correct. Shouldn't the correct parameter settings be transferred so that the G3F Joanie also sets Victoria 6 to 50%?

Edit: I think maybe I figured it out. Maybe I have to select mode Selected Morphs (with properties). Is that right??????????

Post edited by barbult on
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959

Thanks for that D3D.  Even though I got those messages, the figure transfered fine.

JCMs are transferred just like any other morph, you select them in the morph list. (You may need to enable "Joint controlled morphs" and "Hidden morphs/controllers" under "Show in list" in the context menu of the morph list, to make them shown in the list.) MCMs are a bit more complicated, because they depend on two morphs and will issue an error message, if one of those is missing. Hence, there is the drop down field for conditional morphs in the options section, where you can set to ignore them, to transfer them, to transfer them only if both morphs were transferred, or to transfer them and to also transfer the other morph if it was not yet transferred.

Selected morphs (with properties) just gives you a dialog to change the properties, it doesn't change the transferred morph itself. I don't own FW Joanie, but in general, the values for morphs controlled by another morph should transfer correctly. Maybe if it was somehow doubled, it would sum up.

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 377

I really wish that Daz would enable the usage of the Genesis 2 HD morphs in the conversion.... HINT HINT! Please???

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited June 2016
    Ruphuss said:

where do i find the community morphs like for Balverk from MortemVetus for M4

and can i use them ?

You may take a look at Knittingmommys GenX2 Tutorial where she transfered a Mortem Vetus M4 Character to G2M: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1055146/#Comment_1055146

Or you may take a look at my attempt on a GenX2 Tutorial in German Language: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/688988/#Comment_688988

Post edited by MN-150374 on
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited June 2016

thanks MN

meine Güte so viele hilfreiche Tips von dir, toll !

got it to work

jetzt wo bekomm ich die M4 uv her ?

hab immer nur defaults drauf

Post edited by Ruphuss on
  • MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited June 2016
    Ruphuss said:

thanks MN

meine Güte so viele hilfreiche Tips von dir, toll !

got it to work

jetzt wo bekomm ich die M4 uv her ?

hab immer nur defaults drauf

Gern geschehen! Freut mich, wenn es Dir weiterhilft!

Die UVs der Generation4 für Genesis2 bekommst Du mit den folgenden Artikeln: Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female und Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male .

Wenn Du die beiden hast, kann ich die Batchconverter von Draagonstorm sehr empfehlen: V4 Skins Batch Converter to Genesis 2 Female und M4 Skins Batch Converter to Genesis 2 Male .

Das M4-UV-Set für Genesis3 gibt es auch bei DAZ ( Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Michael 4 ) , die V4 Version gibt es nur bei Renderosity.

Hier ist eine sehr hilfreiche Übersicht was es noch an Konvertierungsmöglichkeiten gibt: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/64403/converting-to-g1-g2-g3/p1

Post edited by MN-150374 on
  • So, I bought the bundle that includes both GenX and Gen X2 and installed it using DIM and only GenX shows up.  No Gen X2.  I have tried reinstalling several times to no avail.  Suggesdtions?

-DrDrk

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Here's an experiment transferring over Creature morphs from G2M -> G3M. Obviously it'd look better with a good skin or HD morphs, but still fun...

G3M manimal.png
    668 x 1080 - 662K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited June 2016

...I'm holding off on this until Skin Builder Pro3 comes out so I don't have to buy a lot of character morphs I'd rarely use just to have different skins that work.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

I was hoping to open things up to migrating Genesis 3 cool figures over to Genesis 2, but I hadn't realized how much the lack of HD morphs would hamper that. Hrm.

So, I bought the bundle that includes both GenX and Gen X2 and installed it using DIM and only GenX shows up.  No Gen X2.  I have tried reinstalling several times to no avail.  Suggesdtions?

-DrDrk

There is no bundle. GenX2 is a separate product that replaced GenX. If you own GenX and GenX2, uninstall version 1 and install version 2 only. You can't have both versions installed together. Unfortunately, the installers are a bit inconsistent. If after installing version 2, DS still loads version 1 (look at the version number under "About installed plugins", should be 2.1.0.0), you have to manually delete the file d3dGenX.dll/dylib from the plugins folder of DS.

• T0M0T0M0 Posts: 8

Could someone give me a hint what I'm missing/doing wrong ?

GenX - Transferring morphs.

Loading target figure ...

Loading figure ...

C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Genesis3Female.dsf

Creating clone morph ...

Could not find intermediate figure definition.

Error creating morph from clone.

What I did so far: 

- reinstalled plugin and addon (GenX2, addonGen3) 

- reinstalled Genesis 3 Female Starter Essentials

Still same issue when I try to transfer morphs from V4 to G3F.

Thanks.

GenX2_G3F_error.jpg
    280 x 336 - 84K

Because clone morphs in Genesis figures exist only for the previous generation, GenX needs access to the intermediate figures to transfer the clone morph (and then other morphs). In your case, to transfer morphs from V4 to G3F, GenX needs access to Genesis and Genesis 2 Female, because G3F has a clone for G2F, G2F has a clone for the initial Genesis, and Genesis has a clone for V4. So, ensure that Genesis and Genesis 2 Female are installed correctly and GenX is able to load them as source figures.

• T0M0T0M0 Posts: 8
    edited June 2016

Thank you very much for information Dimension3D !

I had some error in Warning Tab about Genesis2F, but I didn't know that GenX needs access to Genesis and Genesis 2 Female for V4, so I ignored that (my fault).

Anyway I downloaded latest version of GenX2 G2F addon and it works now ! I had older version of the G2F addon installed.

Post edited by T0M0 on
  • LyoneLyone Posts: 138
    edited July 2016

Hi D3D,

I get errors on loading all the sources (Genesis, G2M, G3M, G2F, G3F). I get "invalid formula" in a lot of morphs when loading them as a source. When I try to load a figure (for example Genesis, G2M, G2F, or G2M morphs like Brandom or Lee) I get the following message "...Not a valid figure."

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I tried some transfer from a morphed David 3 to G2M and it worked well. But when I tried later to transfer this new morphed G2M to G3M I get the same message "...Not a valid figure."  So I transfered it as a pose (instead of load figure) but the transfer didn't work. I only get changed morphs on the arms and legs but the face didn't change at all. When I repeated the transfer only one arm was changed.

I'm still using DAZ Studio 4.8.

Best regards.

Post edited by Lyone on

Because clone morphs in Genesis figures exist only for the previous generation, GenX needs access to the intermediate figures to transfer the clone morph (and then other morphs). In your case, to transfer morphs from V4 to G3F, GenX needs access to Genesis and Genesis 2 Female, because G3F has a clone for G2F, G2F has a clone for the initial Genesis, and Genesis has a clone for V4. So, ensure that Genesis and Genesis 2 Female are installed correctly and GenX is able to load them as source figures.

..so if you already have V4 morphs transferred to G2F via the previous version can you then simply transfer them to G3 by transferring the G2 clone?

Lyone: "Invalid formula" is just a warning. This means that GenX isn't able to interpret some dependencies, so it will ignore them. This will not affect the morph transfer itself, but may prevent some things like correction morphs to work. Have a look at the DS log file after loading the figure, probably it will issue warnings about the formulas as well.

To load Genesis figures as source, you have to load them directly from the "Source" button, not from the library. To find a particular morph, you can use the search feature of GenX. If the Genesis figure uses a combination of several morphs, you can load the figure in DS and use "Get values from figure in scene" to set the morph values. If it still doesn't work, compare the morph values shown in DS under "currently used" in the shaping tab and the values in the morph list in GenX.

kyoto kid: Sure, you can transfer morphs created by GenX to another figure like any other morph. You still may need to create the clone morph for the initial figure if it doesn't exist.

However, the result will be different from a direct transfer. GenX always transfers morphs directly from the source figure to the target figure. It only needs the intermediate figures and morphs once to transfer the clone morphs. Depending on the morph, the quality may degrade when transferring morphs several times.

...sort of like a photo copy of a photocpoy of a photocpy.

Hi D3D.

I tried with the "Get values from figure in scene"  and it worked. I could transfer my David3-G2M to G3M. Thanx a lot. I will try with my other characters.

Best regards.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

I'm trying to convert Bethany 7 -> G2F but so far I'm just getting the height transforming. Anyone have any tips or ideas?

edited July 2016

Where do you find the "get values from figure in scene"

Nevermind I found the option in GenX. Another question, sometimes after the conversion I only get values for the body and not the head. Does this have something to do with the morphs of the original figure? For instance, I'm getting no values for the heads of any of the Mirandus-Arts V4 figures for the head but I get for the bodies. 

Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on

Where do you find the "get values from figure in scene"

Nevermind I found the option in GenX. Another question, sometimes after the conversion I only get values for the body and not the head. Does this have something to do with the morphs of the original figure? For instance, I'm getting no values for the heads of any of the Mirandus-Arts V4 figures for the head but I get for the bodies. 

I get "get values from figure in scene" in Gen X, not in DAZ Studio scene. I open a scene with the morphed character, I load G2M with the "source" button and then I choose  "get values from figure in scene" in Gen X "Select" button right on Mode: "Create single morph". Then I transfer. I'm not sure but this may work with DAZ and not Poser. If you use Poser figures (for example M4/V4/M3/David/V3), it's better to click on "Load Figure" and you go direct to your Poser directory (Runtime/Librarie/Character) where you have your morphed figure (cr2) you want to transfer. It will load your morphed figure directly in GenX (note that I don't have the Mirandus-Arts V4 so I don't know if it works with it). Then you can transfer in G2M or G2F or Genesis. You can not transfer directly to Genesis 3 Male/Female. You have to transfer first in G2M/F. When you're done, you open this new character in DAZ (in the scene) then open GenX and click on "Source" and choose G2M/F, choose G3M/F as "Target" then you just click on "get values from figure in scene" and transfer, it should work. You should have G3M/G3F with your morph. That what I understood. 

Best regards.

Thanks Lyone