WIP THREAD for October NEW USERS CONTEST

Comments

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited December 1969

They're all gone.. He has cast his spell on the last living one.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited December 1969

and the last one was probably a poor innocent baby dragon, crying lonely in a cave... :down:

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    and the last one was probably a poor innocent baby dragon, crying lonely in a cave... :down:
    naa I squished him
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Szark said:
    Polluting...naaa all good stuff.

I can provide more reading material on the render settings if you wnat. LOL Just yell when you are ready.

I love jigsaws and I love the Mil dragon more than the Subdragon for the amount of tweeks and addons there are. Plus I am nuts about dragons as my wife is. We have over 200 resin dragon figures in our house, all over the place..

OOOH. Where do you find them all. Not sure I would have room for 200, but would like a few more to join the ones I have. I also have 2 glass dragons, a couple or 3 pewter ones and one made of Welsh Coal. Surprisingly enough he is a black dragon.

We mainly have enchantica dragons They were made originally by Holland Studios in the 80's then sold to Royal Dalton who ruined it and then sold again to god knows where. The figures used to be made and hand painted here in the UK so many of the early ones are better quality. The production went to Asia but the work became finer as the resin technology got better. We don't collect anymore as the ones on the market these days aren't worth the money.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

bluemoon said:
    Maybe skulls as candle holders, will have to hunt for some as I don't have any skulls.

Bluemoon, we have a problem getting in touch with you. Can you please PM either Frank or myself again, and give us the correct email address that is associated with your account. You can PM us, we can't PM you
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Thanks bluemoon. PM on it's way to you now.

• IlenaIlena Posts: 280
    edited December 1969

So how does this look like? Started out as a test to see if landscapes can be done with daz. Not those grand stuff one can do with bryce or even vue but a small simple forest scene. Looking at it now it will most probably turn out a second entry.

Predena_verzija.jpg
    800 x 600 - 399K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

Very cool image

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ilena52 said:
    So how does this look like? Started out as a test to see if landscapes can be done with daz. Not those grand stuff one can do with bryce or even vue but a small simple forest scene. Looking at it now it will most probably turn out a second entry.
    As Frank said (Hi Frank) very cool. And all my sets are DS. So yes you can make very nice landscapes with the right items. I think you just proved that.
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Sorry I haven't been around much for this one (I have been lurking). I've had other commitments. They're done, but as I was working on this, one of my brothers two states away has had a medical emergency and I may not be able to participate more unless it resolves itself favorably.

Anyway, I really like what I've seen so far There's been some very cool concepts and the execution of them has been good. I really like the skeletal animal a couple posts back. I would like to see it in a more dynamic pose if possible (at least the tail anyway, it kind of just sticks straight out there).

Halloween-2012.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 543K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

I really like the concept

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    yeah cool at first I thought he was in a hottub...sorry but that is what I saw in an instant. :)
  • IlenaIlena Posts: 280
    edited December 1969

Sorry I haven't been around much for this one (I have been lurking). I've had other commitments. They're done, but as I was working on this, one of my brothers two states away has had a medical emergency and I may not be able to participate more unless it resolves itself favorably.

Anyway, I really like what I've seen so far There's been some very cool concepts and the execution of them has been good. I really like the skeletal animal a couple posts back. I would like to see it in a more dynamic pose if possible (at least the tail anyway, it kind of just sticks straight out there).

I've been wondering where are you. Very nice image. I hope your brother gets better.

As for the skeletal horse he's giving me a headache. I'm trying to get a more a more dynamic pose by looking at some horses pose reference but what bugs me the most its the tail. Trying to bend but it won't bend.

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

I see very good images in here, good work :-)

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Frank0314 said:
    yeah cool at first I thought he was in a hottub...sorry but that is what I saw in an instant. :)

I'm still working on the lighting, so hopefully it will become more apparent as to what the zombie is emerging from.

edited December 1969

Ilena52 said:

I've been wondering where are you. Very nice image. I hope your brother gets better.

As for the skeletal horse he's giving me a headache. I'm trying to get a more a more dynamic pose by looking at some horses pose reference but what bugs me the most its the tail. Trying to bend but it won't bend.

Hopefully all will be well with him. He's still unresponsive to external stimuli, but is occasionally swearing in his sleep/coma from what I understand.

Bummer about the horse. If the tail isn't rigged, maybe it's got a morph hidden somewhere.

• gp139gp139 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

szark
    i did some more reading and found some setting in my render setting that i had to change thanks for the help

edited December 1969

Great to hear dune (love that book/moive)

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Frank0314 said:

I'm still working on the lighting, so hopefully it will become more apparent as to what the zombie is emerging from.Sorry I was trying to inject a little humour. Once I looked closer I saw what it was. :) I should wear my reading glasses more when at the computer. I am sure I said that the other day elsewhere on the forum.

edited December 1969

by the way i am working on a second one and for some time now i have been trying to remove the handle in a gown that i am using now on some on the cloths there is a box that says hide handles, but on lady of the lake there is no box that says hide handle is there a unviersal way to remove handles?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

Find them in the Surfaces Tab and set Opacity to 0% or 100% one of those anyway. Brain went on vacation.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited October 2012

by the way i am working on a second one and for some time now i have been trying to remove the handle in a gown that i am using now on some on the cloths there is a box that says hide handles, but on lady of the lake there is no box that says hide handle is there a unviersal way to remove handles?

You could apply an alpha shader to the handle's shading domain.

Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Find them in the Surfaces Tab and set Opacity to 0% or 100% one of those anyway. Brain went on vacation.
    To 0%...I got your back dude.
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Szark said:
    Frank0314 said:

I'm still working on the lighting, so hopefully it will become more apparent as to what the zombie is emerging from.Sorry I was trying to inject a little humour. Once I looked closer I saw what it was. :) I should wear my reading glasses more when at the computer. I am sure I said that the other day elsewhere on the forum.

No problem. It is a WIP Thread, so critiques are more than welcome. The lighting is a bit murky, but that was design. I might have had it a bit too murky. I forget that other monitors and computers have gamma that may be set differently than mine as well.

• edited December 1969

bartman23 said:
    bluemoon said:
    Latest version and a full render this time.

I love what you did with the window light coming in - and a sense of haze (is that correct term?) of light/dusty.
    Still like to see the left corner darker so the rays of the window and the altar will pop out more.
    I love your window very much; added to my how-do-they-do-it list :)
    Thank-you bartman23 and here's how its done, but remember that I am still a new user and some of what I did could probably be done more efficently. Everything I did came from tips and tricks that I have picked up reading through this forum and watching some videos on you tube and will try to give credit to where I found them.

Pic 1 is a side view of the scene and the prop is Lyns Dark Rites.

Pic 2 is looking through the default camera, I have only put one spotlight in the scene pointing straight down to keep it dark so that the changes will be very easy to spot.

Pic 3 In one of Preta3D's videos on YouTube he shows how to light a window by puting a plane on the outside to give light something to bounce off. Mine is probably way too big and I light the plane with a spotlight and adjusted it so I had a fairly even coverage when looking from the inside.

Pic 4 For the light shining through the window I used another spot light at a very steep angle as I wanted the light to be confined around the character and the alter. I changed the lights parameters to an intensity of 800% with raytraced shaddows and a shaddow softness of 5%.

Pic 5 Thanks to Richard Haseltine for this. By opening the diffuse map in an image editor and inverting it (be sure to save it with a different name) then loading the inverted image into the opacity channel on the surfaces tab the light shining through the window will pick up the colours and project them into the scene.

tute-4.jpg
    600 x 800 - 125K
    tute-3.jpg
    600 x 800 - 131K
    tute-2.jpg
    600 x 800 - 91K
    tute-1.jpg
    600 x 800 - 149K
    scene.jpg
    601 x 800 - 93K
  • edited December 1969

Pic 6 Again using the diffuse map I loaded them into the ambient channel set the colour to white and strength to 100%, now it's begining to look like a window in a dark room.

Pic 7 I am nowhere near a expert on Age of Armours Volumetric Camera havig used it only a couple of times. I left most things at there default settings only increasing the light density a fraction and upping the quality to 70%.

Hope someone gets some use from this.

tute-6.jpg
    600 x 800 - 166K
    tute-5.jpg
    600 x 800 - 153K
    edited December 1969

thanks that worked, after you ask the question the answer seems so easy, but that is why there is a site like this. thanks again

• bartman23bartman23 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

bluemoon said:

Hope someone gets some use from this.

Thank you Bluemoon - as a noob to another noob: excellent read! Thanks for taking me by the hand and showing how its done!
    Remember as noobs we also have benefits - we are still unspoiled and try the most stupid things as we move little steps forward - and thats how I stumbled on the torch light for instance - by inserting a linear light inside it - and it started the glow! lol

edited October 2012

Great info there Bluemoon.

Here ia another tip for you. Take number 7 image and use that as a layer set to screen in say GIMP or = on top of a normal lit render without AOA cam.

Here is what I mean...two renders one with Uber Environment and one with AoA's camera. The AOA ray layer uses one Uber Spot with a light gel to make the colored rays. A Gel is just a 512 sq image of anything you like. Then a number of Masks made using Surface Mask Creator. All the rest is done in GIMP or =/

EDit there is another few masks made but I can't fit them in. I do it this why as it can be hard to get the fill/ambient light right in one render when using AOA's camera's but not impossible. :)

-Surfaces_(8).jpg
    777 x 1100 - 87K
    -Surfaces_(5).jpg
    777 x 1100 - 72K
    -Surfaces_(2).jpg
    777 x 1100 - 118K
    Uni.jpg
    777 x 1100 - 490K
    rays.jpg
    777 x 1100 - 577K
    Post edited by Szark on