WIP THREAD for October NEW USERS CONTEST

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I love mini Tut's! Thank you both very much.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

we are going to have to keep an eye on this blumoon character...getting too good too fast. :)

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    we are going to have to keep an eye on this blumoon character...getting too good too fast. :)
    Naw, after they win a few of the small contests they will move up to the big guns level. Those are much harder to win. I know. If they fly through all of them I'll just sit back and take notes. It would be the smart thing to do. :lol:
  • IlenaIlena Posts: 280
    edited December 1969

Yeah me too. Tut's like the one bluemoon presented are always handy to have. Speaking of tutorials about doing multiple renders and combining them into a graphic program. Do you have to keep png format? What about the lights? Do you build background first than add the lights? Then you erase the background but keep the lightning and start another part of the image and so on. I hope this made some sense.

Anyways, here is the update image of the version with the horse. It has morphs but not on the spot that needs to be bent. Lighting is work in progress as is the composition. It doesn't look scary one bit but will put in a texture on the girls robes and do something else...

VEZBA.jpg
    1200 x 1697 - 674K
    edited December 1969

For Multi Pass renders you always want the Same Lights and CAMERA. I save as a Scene file so I have them backed up if i move something.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited October 2012

Ilena52 said:
    Yeah me too. Tut's like the one bluemoon presented are always handy to have. Speaking of tutorials about doing multiple renders and combining them into a graphic program. Do you have to keep png format? What about the lights? Do you build background first than add the lights? Then you erase the background but keep the lightning and start another part of the image and so on. I hope this made some sense.

Anyways, here is the update image of the version with the horse. It has morphs but not on the spot that needs to be bent. Lighting is work in progress as is the composition. It doesn't look scary one bit but will put in a texture on the girls robes and do something else...

I save out the final renders in BMP. Masks (black and white images I posted) are used to hide parts of the image. Black hide, white shows. This way I have control on each aspect. Like the Unicorn and armour. If you look one mask is for the unicorn only and one for all the armour. This lets me create a glow for the unicorn and not the armour.

With the rays layer which goes on the very top of the layer stack and set to "Screen" which is a blending mode you will find in all good image software.

Post edited by Szark on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

Ilena52 said:

Nice image but yeah, the lighting needs to be a bit brighter. Something simulating moon light.

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the comments and info Szark, will try to use it in my final render.

Also thanks Jaderail and Ilena52.

edited December 1969

New version

E_ovo_je_jezivo.jpg
    800 x 640 - 213K
  • SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Ilena52 said:
    New version

I like the colors in your picture only in my eyes the scene is a bit too dark.
    For the rest good work :-)
    edited October 2012

Sasje said:
    Ilena52 said:
    New version

I like the colors in your picture only in my eyes the scene is a bit too dark.
    For the rest good work :-)

Thank you.Guessing adding one more spotlight beneath the scene would do the trick.

Edit:New one with light mentioned above. Also added ue2 light.

jezivo_valjda.jpg
    800 x 640 - 248K
    Post edited by Ilena on
  • BrotherloboBrotherlobo Posts: 495
    edited October 2012

Okay...here is the latest version of my project for this month's thread.
    I think I've come a long way with this image...but I still think it needs a few more tweaks.

I have all three versions posted -- the top one is my latest version. Any suggestions?

Halloween_WIP.jpg
    1538 x 872 - 1M
    Halloween_WIP_2.jpg
    1538 x 872 - 807K
    Halloween_WIP_3.jpg
    1542 x 876 - 654K
    Post edited by Brotherlobo on
  • gp139gp139 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

i did a lot of work on this one, and used some of the suggestion that where given to me, i would like to know what you think

witchs.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
  • FobokFobok Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

Missed the last few months of this contest, but didn't want to miss this one.

This is my attempt at a zombie in a moonlit dungeon. Used the zombie slider on genesis and added the troll skin. Rendered in Reality 2.5.

zombie.jpg
    800 x 600 - 237K
    edited December 1969

Wow, such good stuff. Where do I start?

@Ilena52: I like were you are going, but on my DEFAULT HD settings monitor I have to up my Gamma to see the image clear. As users we all need to remember the images are saved at Default, your settings maybe clear to you but when viewed on another PC it is shown in pure Default mode. Your monitor settings need to be DEFAULT (and calibrated to really see what others will.)

@aemccullough: I like the top one, I think it is the newest. I would do some fade out on the Magic arrow flight path. Strong at the Arrow but faded towards the start point. It would go better with the DOF that way. Just my two cents.

@dune411412: That looks very good and Sharp to me, I think you need more Effects to show the magic but that's just me. I also think the Hair should match in length, the NEW version looks to have MUCH longer hair than the other, kind of defeats the younger but same thing you are going for.

@Fobok1: Great render. Happy to see you in the thread.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I know what you mean there, I have about given up trying to help with this particular contest, I am just sitting back and watching how these images are coming on. SOme very impressive stuff this month.

• BrotherloboBrotherlobo Posts: 495
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Wow, such good stuff. Where do I start?

@aemccullough: I like the top one, I think it is the newest. I would do some fade out on the Magic arrow flight path. Strong at the Arrow but faded towards the start point. It would go better with the DOF that way. Just my two cents.

Thanks Jaderail....I will try that.

edited December 1969

Ilena52 said:
    New version

I agre with the others. Very cool render but its needs some lighting to highlight the figure to add a mood to the image.

edited December 1969

i went in a diffrent direction why do we have to go scary
    halloween is not only the night for ghost, goblins and walking skeleton, but also the night where 100 year old witchs go to renew them selfs.
    i would like to know what you think

witch_4.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

halloween is not only the night for ghost, goblins and walking skeleton, but also the night where 100 year old witchs go to renew them selfs.

very nice -I didn't know that .

edited December 1969

i know i just made it up.

edited December 1969

Well I believe it does say anything you think is Halloween like, Spooky not required. I was hoping for some trick or treat type renders but I've not seen any of those yet. I think your Witch thing fits very well and is done very well.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited October 2012

Jaderail said:
    Well I believe it does say anything you think is Halloween like, Spooky not required. I was hoping for some trick or treat type renders but I've not seen any of those yet.

Working on one! :)

I agree with the consensus that this month's renders and WIPs are excellent. Honestly, I don't know if I can compete (probably should take Jaderail's sig line to heart) but I'm going to give it my best shot. ;-)

I do have a question, though...and I don't expect anyone here is a copyright expert, but here goes, anyway: if one or more of the figures in my scene is dressed up in a costume resembling a famous, copyrighted character...I guess posting that image is considered fair use, but would it be problematic to enter it in a contest? [Edited: wording]

Edit: to clarify, I won't be using any logos or that sort of thing. The resemblance would be approximately as close as the promos of the "Dynamic Supersuit Set 1" or "Hero Factory Classics" product promos.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited October 2012

I will point out any item listed as not for commercial use is not allowed. Winning a contest is considered commercial use.

EDIT: If you stand to GAIN in anyway it is commercial use.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Very well done

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Well I believe it does say anything you think is Halloween like, Spooky not required. I was hoping for some trick or treat type renders but I've not seen any of those yet. I think your Witch thing fits very well and is done very well.

I've been waiting for the trick r treat renders also.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Jaderail said:

I've been waiting for the trick r treat renders also.SEE!! I'm not the only one. I hope Scott can do his after what I posted.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Frank0314 said:
    Jaderail said:

SEE!! I'm not the only one. I hope Scott can do his after what I posted.
    All products I'll be using are OK for commercial use, so that's not the issue. I'm hopeful that there isn't any issue at all... Well, I guess I'll make the render, and then enter it in the contest assuming no one advises me not to. :)
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Frank0314 said:
    Jaderail said:

SEE!! I'm not the only one. I hope Scott can do his after what I posted.
    All products I'll be using are OK for commercial use, so that's not the issue. I'm hopeful that there isn't any issue at all... Well, I guess I'll make the render, and then enter it in the contest assuming no one advises me not to. :)

As long as you don't use the superheros' names; you should be OK.

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Scary or not??? ore trick or treat :lol:

I’m not really familiar with this we haven’t Halloween in my country, not where I live.
    We’ve got Sint Maarten children go’s by doors with a lantern and collect candy’s but need to sing a song but that’s in November

chik_treet_bew_1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 150K