K I wanted to do an actual render showing Genesis in action in Poser

Credits:
    Moon Gate by Jack Tomalin
    DAZ Wyvern 2.0
    Magna Hart by Bobbie25
    The lovely Genesis sporting Victoria 5
    Erato hair by Plus3D and Mairy
    Some slight postwork in PS CS6 - Extra flames from a photo

The pose, believe it or not, is one I did ages ago for V4. Look how nicely it worked with Genesis!

GatesOfHell.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by IgnisSerpentus on
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

digitell said:
    I have a question about the Genesis child..I noticed that there are not any clothing items sold for it?? Does it use K4 clothing and character textures and morphs? Not familiar with Genesis so I dont have a clue..:P

If DAZ did a Genesis version of the Kids 4 then yes I believe..though I can't recall if they did? If not though, any clothes will fit. Pages back my Genesis Kid render was wearing M4 clothing :)

• KatherineKatherine Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

Nightsong said:
    Unfortunately not. I started hunting through the menus to try and find a way to start it on my own, too, but I'm coming up short. Ah... I found it on my Start menu. Yay! Started DAZ Content Manager Service, saw no change, restarted DS4.5... and still nothing there.

Have I achieved "most needy CS headache" status yet? :P

Edit: It does appear to be running in Task Manager, at least...

LOL You are fine. Re-import your metadata once you verify it is running. (You can check your running Services in Task Manager). Once it is all reimported you should be fine.

Right-Click Content Library (Tab)
    Select Content DB Maintenance
    Check the Reimport Metadata box
    Hit Accept and let it reimport.
    Then recheck your Smart Content pane.

edited December 1969

Credits:
    DAZ Wyvern 2.0
    Magna Hart by Bobbie25

WOW VERY COOL! :) Genesis looks so happy in Poser..like "Look I'm here and was finally set Freeeee" hehe :)

• andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 667
    edited October 2012

Would a DS4Pro savvy person explain to us Poser-ites how to take an already rigged piece of clothing (let's say for V4) and get it all set up for use on Genesis in Poser using DSON? Links to tutorials would be handy or some instructions. I keep hearing..."oh just open it and save it in DS4". Uh, ok. I have no idea what that means.

Remember, those of us who are Poser-only know nada about DS4 & need hand-holding.
    (BTW, this whole Genesis-to-Poser thing is AWESOME - thanks daz!!)

Post edited by andolaurina on
    edited December 1969

Or maybe that pose was Genesis saying:

" I love Poser thiiiiis much" hehe ;)

• digitelldigitell Posts: 558
    edited December 1969

digitell said:
    I have a question about the Genesis child..I noticed that there are not any clothing items sold for it?? Does it use K4 clothing and character textures and morphs? Not familiar with Genesis so I dont have a clue..:P

If DAZ did a Genesis version of the Kids 4 then yes I believe..though I can't recall if they did? If not though, any clothes will fit. Pages back my Genesis Kid render was wearing M4 clothing :) Hi Ann! :)
    OK thanks for your reply..I was just wondering what clothing would fit the basic child and I cannot find any in the store..
    HOWEVER..I did load the Town and Country jean that was made for adult and had it conform to the Basic Child and it automatically fit to him! YAY! Thanks again for your help and all you do! :)

edited December 1969

Would a DS4Pro savvy person explain to us Poser-ites how to take an already rigged piece of clothing (let's say for V4) and get it all set up for use on Genesis in Poser using DSON? Links to tutorials would be handy or some instructions. I keep hearing..."oh just open it and save it in DS4". Uh, ok. I have no idea what that means.

Remember, those of us who are Poser-only know nada about DS4 & need hand-holding.

This should walk you through what you are asking:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_content_conversion/start

• swordvisionsswordvisions Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

digitell said:

All genesis clothing works on all genesis shapes for the most part. If you buy a dress for genesis it should work for the genesis child shape. Same for the textures.

edited December 1969

digitell said:
    digitell said:

If DAZ did a Genesis version of the Kids 4 then yes I believe..though I can't recall if they did? If not though, any clothes will fit. Pages back my Genesis Kid render was wearing M4 clothing :)

Hi Ann! :)
    OK thanks for your reply..I was just wondering what clothing would fit the basic child and I cannot find any in the store..
    HOWEVER..I did load the Town and Country jean that was made for adult and had it conform to the Basic Child and it automatically fit to him! YAY! Thanks again for your help and all you do! :)

You're more then welcome :) Anytime :)

edited December 1969

digitell said:

All genesis clothing works on all genesis shapes for the most part. If you buy a dress for genesis it should work for the genesis child shape. Same for the textures. Thank you swordvisions! I was wondering about that on a second thought..I have to retrain my brain on how things work :) This helps alot! Thanks! :)

edited December 1969

(BTW, this whole Genesis-to-Poser thing is AWESOME - thanks daz!!)

V4 clothing would run through Auto-Fit in DS 4.5. (It will pop up for you) Testing last night at home I had success with this. Once it is Auto-Fit, then follow the Conversion Doc Ann linked you to. :)

• swordvisionsswordvisions Posts: 124
    edited October 2012

digitell said:
    digitell said:

All genesis clothing works on all genesis shapes for the most part. If you buy a dress for genesis it should work for the genesis child shape. Same for the textures.

Thank you swordvisions! I was wondering about that on a second thought..I have to retrain my brain on how things work :) This helps alot! Thanks! :)

Of course most textures for the genesis might have too much makeup on for a child. In Studio you can swap uv so you can use V4 maps, m4 maps with genesis and I think k4 map but I have never actually tried that. I guess that works in poser as well. I mostly use Carrara so I am not too familiar with poser

sorry I can't type today

Post edited by swordvisions on
  • rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Yes i installed the importer first

ssgbryan said:
    Rduda said:
    Rduda said:
    First, Thank you Daz, sorry for all the cr@p I gave you on getting Genesis for Poser.

Now I had a problem now installing, the DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.9_Mac64 went in with no problem. But 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx & 14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.1_dpc gets errors:

There has been an error.
    Error running osascript -e "POSIX path of (path to applications folder from user domain)" : 2012-10-12 08:33:58.914 osascript[83021:60b] Error loading /Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/QXPScriptingAdditions: dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/QXPScriptingAdditions, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
    /Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/QXPScriptingAdditions: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
    osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax" declares no loadable handlers.
    15:59: execution error: Folder does not exist, and you don't have access privileges to create it. (-5000)

Im running on a Mac OS X 10.6.8

ANy one know what to do?

No one? :(

I am running 10.6.8 and I am not getting those errors. (Poser 2012 SR3.1) I installed to a temp file on the desktop & then moved the content to my "! Genesis" folder in my "Additional Runtimes" folder. I got the grey golem running in Poser - now I need to figure out what to do with it.

Did you install the DSON importer first? The error message looks like the program is looking for something in the add on scripts that the DSON importer installs.

I think it is a permissions problem on my mac, i have always had problems with the Daz installers working. so I just installed them on my other computer them brought them over and manually placed the files. So its nothing with just this instal, its all installs :(

• Mary WilliamsMary Williams Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Nightsong said:
    Unfortunately not. I started hunting through the menus to try and find a way to start it on my own, too, but I'm coming up short. Ah... I found it on my Start menu. Yay! Started DAZ Content Manager Service, saw no change, restarted DS4.5... and still nothing there.

LOL You are fine. Re-import your metadata once you verify it is running. (You can check your running Services in Task Manager). Once it is all reimported you should be fine.

Ok. Just to show I am not -entirely- crazy, let me paint a story with pictures.

Service Running: http://screencast.com/t/Hi2OJBrnSX

Content Database Maintenance: http://screencast.com/t/ncYmlpzn2

The clothing on the list to be updated: http://screencast.com/t/qwxcPQRerj91

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Smart Content page: http://screencast.com/t/phpjcX6g

I'm so sorry for all of the trouble. :/ It's got to be something stupidly simple at this point.

edited December 1969

digitell said:
    digitell said:

Thank you swordvisions! I was wondering about that on a second thought..I have to retrain my brain on how things work :) This helps alot! Thanks! :)

Of course most textures for the genesis might have too much makeup on for a child. In Studio you can swap uv so you can use V4 maps, m4 maps with genesis and I think k4 map but I have never actually tried that. I guess that works in poser as well. I mostly use Carrara so I am not too familiar with poser

sorry I can't type today Thanks so much for this info. I did try to use a K4 character texture on the Basic child and it worked perfectly..I also tried using a couple of V4 textures on the basic female and that too worked well..all is working great now..awesomeness! :)

• ImariImari Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Am I going nuts? I put M5, the ethnicity morph bundle, and several other "basic" Genesis items in my cart and it said $42 and some change... but at check out it jumps to over $60! What's up with the prices?? My whole attitude about this Genesis thing is going rapidly from very pleasantly surprised and ready to take the plunge to generally unhappy and ticked off.... and I haven't even tried to install the DSON stuff yet.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited October 2012

Well hopefully it's been said because people should be able to show proper respect when due, but in case it hasn't let me say, "Well done Daz" not only for finding a viable poser solution for Genesis but also for making it free. Given the amount of upset Poser users have had over not being able to use Genesis you could have easily charged a healthy price for it. Instead though you choose to give it away for free which demonstrates a certain commitment to your customers that maybe hasn't been as visible because of all the problems with changing the store?

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
  • Risika75Risika75 Posts: 49
    edited December 1969

dtamm said:

There are actually up to 3 dll errors people seam to be getting:
    1) DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
    2) DLL load failed: Macho something but wrong architecture(only on Mac)
    3) DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

If you are getting #1, then almost for certain the dzdsonimporter.pyd file did not make it to the right spot. Most likely it was installed to the your content runtime as opposed to your actual Poser executable Runtime.
    For me, the correct spot for the dzdsonimporter.pyd file is:
    - C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\dson
    So reinstall the Importer to the Runtime that is right next to the PoserPro.exe excutable, for me that is
    - C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\

#2 only happens on Mac, install the other version of the importer in regards to 32 vs 64 bit.

#3 is either a corrupted dll(not likely), using an older version of Poser(not likely), or not having the Visual Studio 2010 SP1 runtime (most likely). Install one or both of the following:
    - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328
    - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523

Thanks!

edited December 1969

Nightsong said:
    Nightsong said:

Ok. Just to show I am not -entirely- crazy, let me paint a story with pictures.

Service Running: http://screencast.com/t/Hi2OJBrnSX

Content Database Maintenance: http://screencast.com/t/ncYmlpzn2

The clothing on the list to be updated: http://screencast.com/t/qwxcPQRerj91

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Smart Content page: http://screencast.com/t/phpjcX6g

I'm so sorry for all of the trouble. :/ It's got to be something stupidly simple at this point.

Have you had DS running on this machine before? Have you had working Metadata etc.... ? (Just asking to get a status on the "state of the machine")

edited December 1969

Have you had DS running on this machine before? Have you had working Metadata etc.... ? (Just asking to get a status on the "state of the machine")

DS3Advanced is still on the my machine (Win7Ult, 64-bit) and I used to have a copy of DS4 which it -said- it uninstalled it when I installed 4.5 last night. I also reinstalled 4.5.x over 4.5 this morning, also with the automatic uninstall.

You've got me thinking, though. Gonna go reboot again. Reboots fix everything. Why did I not think of that??

edited December 1969

Nightsong said:

DS3Advanced is still on the my machine (Win7Ult, 64-bit) and I used to have a copy of DS4 which it -said- it uninstalled it when I installed 4.5 last night. I also reinstalled 4.5.x over 4.5 this morning, also with the automatic uninstall.

You've got me thinking, though. Gonna go reboot again. Reboots fix everything. Why did I not think of that??

Ok. Reboots -don't- fix everything. Just nearly everything.

edited December 1969

AhHA!

Killed the CM process, reinstalled DS4.5.x, customized the installation of the Database to a new directory.

Lookeee!!! http://screencast.com/t/lGAlcixPl4

And it's still adding more!

Break out the pizza for everyone! :D

• ChristenChristen Posts: 240
    edited December 1969

Q: Are all Genesis based products compatible with Poser?
    A: No. Genesis products must be created in or converted to DSON Importer compatible file formats. DAZ 3D has already converted dozens of its most popular products into DSON Importer compatible file formats and many more are coming soon. In addition, DAZ Published Artists are currently creating new products in DSON file formats that will also be available soon.

About the "many more are coming soon" ....will all Genesis DO's be converted at some point? Just asking because I'm wondering if I should be grabbing some of the unconverted ones while they're on sale, and then just download the updates when they're converted?

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Credits:
    DAZ Wyvern 2.0
    Magna Hart by Bobbie25

The pose, believe it or not, is one I did ages ago for V4. Look how nicely it worked with Genesis!

Gorgous render! and in such a short amount of time ;)

edited December 1969

Nightsong said:
    AhHA!

Killed the CM process, reinstalled DS4.5.x, customized the installation of the Database to a new directory.

Lookeee!!! http://screencast.com/t/lGAlcixPl4

And it's still adding more!

Break out the pizza for everyone! :D

LOL Woot !

• IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,474
    edited October 2012

Krissy said:

Credits:
    DAZ Wyvern 2.0
    Magna Hart by Bobbie25

Gorgous render! and in such a short amount of time ;)

TY sweetie! And lol well it did take a couple hours. But no longer than it would take to do an image of native Poser content :)

Post edited by IgnisSerpentus on
  • MadaMada Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

digitell said:
    digitell said:

Hi Ann! :)

This is Hitomi and BasicChild at .5 with Thorneworks Kelda skin. No more problems trying to find clothing for kids :)

KenziChild.jpg
    627 x 837 - 38K
  • DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Oh dear. this thread has grown by so many pages since I was last in it, I'm afraid I just can't go back to read all I've missed. Can't concentrate on the computer for a fraction of the time it would take. So sorry if this has already been asked and answered but ...

Has there been any statement from DAZ about the issue of Genesis appearing in Poser with no smoothscale parameters set in bodyparts, so many of the Genesis body proportion dials don't work. (As in: they do something, but what they do is horrible.) I found just clicking the Poser joint editor buttons to add scale effect from one bodypart to adjacent bodyparts cleared some problems completely, but others obviously need weightmaps.

Genesis not having its ability to use many of its proportion dials in Poser removes quite a chunk of what's special about Genesis, so i'd just like to know if DAZ are aware of this and have plans to adress the issue.

• ammon_fde0d92863ammon_fde0d92863 Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    Oh dear. this thread has grown by so many pages since I was last in it, I'm afraid I just can't go back to read all I've missed. Can't concentrate on the computer for a fraction of the time it would take. So sorry if this has already been asked and answered but ...

Has there been any statement from DAZ about the issue of Genesis appearing in Poser with no smoothscale parameters set in bodyparts, so many of the Genesis body proportion dials don't work. (As in: they do something, but what they do is horrible.) I found just clicking the Poser joint editor buttons to add scale effect from one bodypart to adjacent bodyparts cleared some problems completely, but others obviously need weightmaps.

Genesis not having its ability to use many of its proportion dials in Poser removes quite a chunk of what's special about Genesis, so i'd just like to know if DAZ are aware of this and have plans to adress the issue.

Short answer, it is being worked and is likely to be fixed fairly soon. But scaling joints is actually not what is so special about Genesis. Let me explain with the long answer..

Scaling is one of the most complex beasts in Poser. That being said, most will notice that very few of the morphs for Genesis actually use scaling to move the vertices. In fact hardly any do, which is why freak, troll, gorilla, etc all work perfectly.

Artist used to
    - take the base, call it mesh A
    - move the vertices around to get what their morph should look like(call it mesh B)
    - if A required the joint centers to move then it does not bend right so do the following:
    —scale the bones to get the joint centers to the right place, but now mesh A is changed.
    —do some fancy inversing out what the scale did to A and apply it to B, call this mesh C

So now mesh A -> scaled for different joint centers -> apply C -> yields pretty close to mesh B(the intended result)

Now, the better way is to
    - take the base, call it mesh A
    - move the vertices around to get what their morph should look like(call it mesh B)
    - move the joint centers to where they are suppose to be as part of the morph.

The moving joint centers was pretty ground breaking when Daz Studio 4 released, but now I wonder why it took so long and why every 3d package does not support it. It is very much the better way.

This discussion has been closed.