Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser

Comments

• adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

genesis evolution: expressions, head morphs, body morphs and the Manly Men morphs
    all say they must be installed in the same location as genesis

But as my DSON genesis is installed to the U drive and no daz Studio they will not install despite being on the list of items updated to DSON

• NetherworksNetherworks Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

Yeah, that's what I did initially but it just wasn't taking that way. I'm not sure it made a difference to uninstall DS 4.5 but for all I know that cleared up a path issue somewhere *shrug*. The only way it is working is for me to install into the default Poser Runtime but I don't have that in Program Files (etc) anyways.

ken1171 said:
    Well... finally got it to load non-invisibly.

Tell me how this makes sense...

- I completely uninstalled DS 4.5
    - I reset my Poser prefs.
    - I installed all 3 Poser Genesis files into the MAIN Poser Installation folder (backed the whole thing up first)

So... LOL wow. :D

I was also having the invisible Genesis loading up in Poser, but all I had to do was to install both companion packages in the same folder, and then add it to Poser as an external runtime. Before this I was having it installed in 2 different directories.

That has fixed the issue for me. ^________^

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:
    Everything installed OK, I load up genesis, BUT then I cant access any other libraries, pose props etc

I already tried turning off the subdivison, to no effect

am I the only one having this problem

any advice

I have been unable to reproduce this. Can I talk you into filing a bug at http:\\bugs.daz3d.com in the DSON Importer for Poser Project. Either I or a member of my team will need more information so we can figure this one out.

Thanks.

Request #115215

already posted 4 hours & no reply

I want directly to http:\\bugs.daz3d.com & it says" Your account may be disabled or blocked or the username/password you entered is incorrect"

WHAT !!

The bug reporter does not share your daz3d login information -- if this is the first time you're using it, you need to register first.

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

Isikol said:
    dtamm said:

#3 is either a corrupted dll(not likely), using an older version of Poser(not likely), or not having the Visual Studio 2010 SP1 runtime (most likely). Install one or both of the following:
    - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328
    - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523

im having this problem and i still haven't find a solution to this...

a)i completely removed poser and reinstalled it with sr3.1
    b) i installed both c++ updates
    c) i used the correct dson 64bit installer
    d) my windows are 64bit and fully updated and checked for missing updates...

im an expert when it comes to pc...but darn, i can't figure this out...

What version of Poser? 9 or 2012?

2012 pro

• ketthroveketthrove Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

adzan said:
    genesis evolution: expressions, head morphs, body morphs and the Manly Men morphs

But as my DSON genesis is installed to the U drive and no daz Studio they will not install despite being on the list of items updated to DSON

For those products, at least for now, you need to install them to a directory containing the "data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Genesis.dsf". The location of studio should not matter.

• foxyladyfoxylady Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

foxylady said:
    foxylady said:
    HELP PLEASE

I did not come to the forums yesterday and I am so far behind on what is going on, it is pathetic. I need to read every post in this thread because there is a lot of great information in here on installing etc.

What I need help on is my cart. Right now, I have the Genesis Starter Bundle, M5 Starter Bundle and V5 Starter Bundle in my cart. Will this be enough to get me started with getting everything working in Poser? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

If I wait and read all the posts, the sale will be over and I will still be reading.

Thank you so much Daz. This was great news and I really appreciate the effort that made this possible. This Poser user could not be happier.

Will I be okay with these three? Anyone?

As long as http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-importer-for-poser is in your cart as well, then yes, you should be good to go. That is the most important piece. The rest is extra and not required.

Kat

Thank you Kat. I only read the very first post in this thread when I proceeded to break the speed of light, checking out with the Importer. So I am good to go there. I wanted to grab it before someone at Daz said "Why are we giving this away?"

I thought it would be a good idea to get some starter packages so my people can have some textures and hair. I have always coveted the Town and Country shirts and it comes in the M5 starter package, so I can grab that package and get the Town & Country also.

I shall patiently wait for anything you convert.

Did I mention how happy I was? I guess this is one of the reasons that Daz is the best of the best.

• edited October 2012

greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:
    Everything installed OK, I load up genesis, BUT then I cant access any other libraries, pose props etc

any advice

I have been unable to reproduce this. Can I talk you into filing a bug at http:\\bugs.daz3d.com in the DSON Importer for Poser Project. Either I or a member of my team will need more information so we can figure this one out.

Thanks.

Request #115215

I want directly to http:\\bugs.daz3d.com & it says" Your account may be disabled or blocked or the username/password you entered is incorrect"

WHAT !!

The bug reporter does not share your daz3d login information -- if this is the first time you're using it, you need to register first.

& now I've been waiting almost an hour for my confirmation e-mail to register, bug reporter seems to have a few bugs

Post edited by ludus210-manica_3cb56d3397 on
  • Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So very simple and quick Genny in poser :)

Genny.jpg
    374 x 603 - 35K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

adzan said:

Choose a custom install and specify the path manually.

• IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,474
    edited October 2012

I just want to say well done to both DAZ and Smith Micro. I am so happy that two of my fave companies have come together to work in harmony. And I am happy to see Genesis working in Poser.

Also... if it helps anyone.... this is how I installed mine.

I downloaded 3 files: Genesis essentials (with the trx) Genesis essentials Poser CF and the DSON Importer. I didn't change any of the paths, I let them install as they wanted.

Everything went to my Poser 2012 64 bit (as that is the version I'm using) In fact, this is the library I am currently loading Genesis from. Also, should mention my Runtime is a traditional Runtime, that works off program files (not my docs)

Additionally I have the MyLibrary mapped to my runtime (I noticed without that, it doesn't see all the genesis morph packs I own) That said, it will load correctly, and the basic morphs are present, without this library being added. Could be something on my end, or maybe that's just how it works.

Hope it helps.

Post edited by IgnisSerpentus on
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:

any advice

Thanks.

Request #115215

WHAT !!

& now I've been waiting almost an hour for my confirmation e-mail to register, bug reporter seems to have a few bugs

Even though you didn't get the e-mail, go and try to log in and see if it lets you in.

edited October 2012

OK updated my checklist a little to rearrange the order some and to be more clear on a couple points for anyone who tried to install and ran into issues:

1) Have you looked through the installation instructions? If no, please go here: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_installation_requirements/tutorials/dson_installation/start

2) Are you installing to Poser 9? If yes, be sure to install the 32 bit version even on a 64 Bit machine

3) Are you making sure you install to Poser 9 or Poser Pro 2012? If no, please know the importer will only work on these versions

4) Do you have Service Release 3 installed into Poser? If no, before proceeding you will need to download and install it (Please note SR3 may not be available to everyone in all countries yet, so please check for availability)

5) Did you download and install the right installers? You will need to install:

DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.9_Win32 - Use this for 64 Bit or 32 Bit Systems running 32 Bit Poser 9 or 32 Bit Poser Pro 2012
    DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.9_Win64 - Use this ONLY if you are running 64 Bit Poser Pro 2012
    14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx - Install this no matter which Poser or Bit Version you use
    14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6_dpc - Also install this no matter which Poser or Bit Version you use

6) Did you install to the application folder? If you use Windows 7 or Vista the content needs to be in a Poser content library outside the program Files/Program Files (x86) folder.

7) Are you getting a DLL error? If so, please see this post: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9405/P390/#132419

If you have ran into something not on this list, let me know and I’ll update it so people know all the variables they can check and if I made a boo boo please let me know as well. :)

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • edited December 1969

greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:

any advice

Thanks.

Request #115215

WHAT !!

Even though you didn't get the e-mail, go and try to log in and see if it lets you in.

with WHAT password, when you register its e-mail & username NO password

• Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

Mari-Anne said:
    Mari-Anne said:
    I managed to download and install all the files, including the update to Daz Studio 4.5.1.6. I am on Win 7 64-bit and have Poser Pro 2012 SR 3. as for the DSON install, I let the installers go to the default locations and have the following DSON folders:

DSON - C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Run Time\Geometries

dson - C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Run Time\Python

DSON - C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Run Time\Python\poserScripts

GenesisStarterEssentials .dsx, .dsa, & .jpg - C:\Users\Owner\My Documents\Daz 3D\Studio\My Library\Run Time\Support

GenesisStarterEssentials .dsx, .dsa, & ,jpg - C:\Users\Owner\My Documents\Daz 3D\Studio\My Library\Run Time\Support

In Poser Pro 2012, I have the My Library folder mapped.

Genesis loads fine although it seems to take forever (even after the initial load) and this is what I end up with when I apply the Lana texture - did I not do the installation correctly?

Just on the chance the image doesn't upload, here's the link:

http://www.emaycreations.net/GenesisLanaPoser.jpg

As you can see, the texture is off and there are some strange white blocks.

Wrong UV set is applied to Genesis. (I have done this myself before. :) ) What UV set is the texture designed for?

If you apply the Basic Female to Genesis then it will not only apply the texture set but also switch to V4's UV set to Genesis. Basic Male = M4. Basic Child = K4. Michael 5 will give you M5's UV's, Victoria 5 will give you V5's UV's, etc.

I see what you mean about V4's UV set being applied to Genesis. However, I'm mystified. I thought the Lana Simple texture was intended for Genesis?? It works fine if I apply it in Daz Studio 4.5.

I get roughly the same strange result in Poser if I use the Parameters dials to change Genesis to a V4 morph

UPDATE: All is well (except for the very sluggish performance by Poser). I found that the Genesis file I was loading was Genesis-Export-M4.cr2 instead of Genesis.cr2

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Nicely done!

Thank you!

I'm usually the one who can't get anything to work, but, once I'd installed all the core stuff it worked like a charm. I found it a little funny that the one female texture you'd included was the one I'd had the most trouble lighting in Poser! I believe Catharina Harders may be working on Genesis stuff that will be more like what I'm used to.

Am I right in thinking there's now no basicwear for V5 like there was with V4!? I saw there was some for Genesis which wasn't yet DSON compatible. I guess there will be some in the near future.

I can wait anyway as I have other projects on the go which are taking up my time and money

Onwards and upwards....

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:

any advice

Thanks.

Request #115215

WHAT !!

Ah gotcha..I thought you set it. Been awhile since I made an account in that system :( That said someone else is having the issue as well and may be putting in a ticket so one way or another there should be a ticket on it hopefully.

On that note, did you double check to be sure the email didn't get "spam filtered" It shouldn't have but stranger things have happened. By now you should have gotten it. You could try putting it back through again possibly with another e-mail addy or trying to use the same one possibly?

So sorry you are running into issues and didn't get the e-mail confirmation :(

• Philippi_ChildPhilippi_Child Posts: 648
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

I have a question do I need to have DS installed? I did have DS4 advanced installed at one time but no longer do so I have no base Genesis figure to play with once I install this bad boy, girl...um whatevah LOL!!!

Thanks!

No you don't have to have DS Installed :) The starter content comes in the Essentials Files that come with the importer :)

Thanks DAZ_ann0314!

edited October 2012

ezwood said:
    Hello Admin,
    I downloaded and installed DSON..it imports just fine, but the problem I am having is when you go to switch to different catagory..IE material, pose, etc. It will not load that libary it just sticks in the figures. is there a fix to this?

Which version of Poser? Also, are you switching back to your Poser Runtime Library or staying in the ones that came with this? If you aren't switching to your Poser one, could it be there isn't anything in those folders in the new Runtime? I know I am using Poser Pro 2012 and it is going between my runtime libraries fine but I dont have Poser 9 just 2012 Pro so I cant check the other. I know its working fine in 2012 though. Also could it possibly be lagging a little maybe?

This was the other person having this issue from this thread...(library doesn't switch) Could it be something with Adobe Air maybe? *draws blank*

ezwood: I would add to or put in a ticket on this topic as well in bug tracker. (Add to most likely as I believe yet another person having the issue is putting in a ticket atm) Once its in I'll post a link here for anyone also having the issue that wants to add anything to it.

• KatherineKatherine Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

foxylady said:
    foxylady said:
    foxylady said:
    HELP PLEASE

I did not come to the forums yesterday and I am so far behind on what is going on, it is pathetic. I need to read every post in this thread because there is a lot of great information in here on installing etc.

What I need help on is my cart. Right now, I have the Genesis Starter Bundle, M5 Starter Bundle and V5 Starter Bundle in my cart. Will this be enough to get me started with getting everything working in Poser? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

If I wait and read all the posts, the sale will be over and I will still be reading.

Thank you so much Daz. This was great news and I really appreciate the effort that made this possible. This Poser user could not be happier.

Will I be okay with these three? Anyone?

As long as http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-importer-for-poser is in your cart as well, then yes, you should be good to go. That is the most important piece. The rest is extra and not required.

Kat

Thank you Kat. I only read the very first post in this thread when I proceeded to break the speed of light, checking out with the Importer. So I am good to go there. I wanted to grab it before someone at Daz said "Why are we giving this away?"

I thought it would be a good idea to get some starter packages so my people can have some textures and hair. I have always coveted the Town and Country shirts and it comes in the M5 starter package, so I can grab that package and get the Town & Country also.

I shall patiently wait for anything you convert.

Did I mention how happy I was? I guess this is one of the reasons that Daz is the best of the best.

Awesome. :) Glad you are happy. I played with T&C the other day. I really like that one too. :)

Kat

• edited December 1969

greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:

any advice

Thanks.

Request #115215

WHAT !!

Ah gotcha..I thought you set it. Been awhile since I made an account in that system :( That said someone else is having the issue as well and may be putting in a ticket so one way or another there should be a ticket on it hopefully.

On that note, did you double check to be sure the email didn't get "spam filtered" It shouldn't have but stranger things have happened. By now you should have gotten it. You could try putting it back through again possibly with another e-mail addy or trying to use the same one possibly?

I'm now in and posting the problem , but I'd like to point out the bug page dosnt list poser 9 , it stops at 7

edited October 2012

greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:

any advice

Thanks.

Request #115215

WHAT !!

I'm now in and posting the problem , but I'd like to point out the bug page dosnt list poser 9 , it stops at 7

I know someone else was posting this bug as well..if you want to wait for them to post it, I can add the link here and you can add to it then to keep all the information on it together.

edited October 2012

OK here is the existing Bug Report on this issue:

https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=48127

Greyson and ezwood, please consider adding any additional information or details to it :)

Made that red cuz for as fast as this thread is going I didn't want you to miss it LOL

edited December 1969

KAT HELP

I had those three items in my cart and the total was $30, after I got the confirmation here in the forum that the three would be good to start, I went back to my cart. The total is now $75.

Is the store just having overload? Should I wait a little while, then try again?

I had my heart set on those three.

edited December 1969

Isikol said:
    Isikol said:
    dtamm said:

#3 is either a corrupted dll(not likely), using an older version of Poser(not likely), or not having the Visual Studio 2010 SP1 runtime (most likely). Install one or both of the following:
    - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328
    - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523

im having this problem and i still haven't find a solution to this...

a)i completely removed poser and reinstalled it with sr3.1
    b) i installed both c++ updates
    c) i used the correct dson 64bit installer
    d) my windows are 64bit and fully updated and checked for missing updates...

im an expert when it comes to pc...but darn, i can't figure this out...

What version of Poser? 9 or 2012?

2012 pro

Ok all that is correct. 64bit/Poser version match. :) Thank you.....

Ummm....digging back through posts....this thread is growing each time I refresh....

Again, sorry for any repeats...

Did you get the DSON Importer installed to the Poser 2012 Pro directory, and not where you are installing content? It needs to be in the same location as the Poser install. I see you have installed the C++ updates as well....Good.

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Yes i installed the importer first

ssgbryan said:
    Rduda said:
    Rduda said:
    First, Thank you Daz, sorry for all the cr@p I gave you on getting Genesis for Poser.

Now I had a problem now installing, the DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.9_Mac64 went in with no problem. But 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx & 14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.1_dpc gets errors:

There has been an error.
    Error running osascript -e "POSIX path of (path to applications folder from user domain)" : 2012-10-12 08:33:58.914 osascript[83021:60b] Error loading /Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/QXPScriptingAdditions: dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/QXPScriptingAdditions, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
    /Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/QXPScriptingAdditions: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
    osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax" declares no loadable handlers.
    15:59: execution error: Folder does not exist, and you don't have access privileges to create it. (-5000)

Im running on a Mac OS X 10.6.8

ANy one know what to do?

No one? :(

I am running 10.6.8 and I am not getting those errors. (Poser 2012 SR3.1) I installed to a temp file on the desktop & then moved the content to my "! Genesis" folder in my "Additional Runtimes" folder. I got the grey golem running in Poser - now I need to figure out what to do with it.

Did you install the DSON importer first? The error message looks like the program is looking for something in the add on scripts that the DSON importer installs.

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Please contact Customer Support.

foxylady said:
    KAT HELP

I had those three items in my cart and the total was $30, after I got the confirmation here in the forum that the three would be good to start, I went back to my cart. The total is now $75.

Is the store just having overload? Should I wait a little while, then try again?

edited December 1969

foxylady said:
    KAT HELP

I forwarded this to someone who can look into that. The store prices are out of my area. :)

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

foxylady said:
    KAT HELP

Sometimes the browser will log you out. Maybe that happened and you lost your PC discounts. Could that be the case?

edited December 1969

At first I thought that is what happened, so I logged out, closed browser, cleared cache and cookies. I started again and it was still $75, not $30. I guess I should just give it an hour or so, then try again. One can only hope you guys didn't change your mind about the discounts, an example would be Town and Country (this is not in my cart because it is in the M5 Starter Bundle, but I do remember the price). Town and Country was showing at $2.62, now it is $10.xx. I am logged in.

So something strange happened.

foxylady said:
    KAT HELP

Sometimes the browser will log you out. Maybe that happened and you lost your PC discounts. Could that be the case?

This discussion has been closed.