My Lease Is Nearly Up On The Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    ps1borg said:

Had a couple of tough days but when I made it home some winter roses were waiting, smellz like rose awesome-ness :)

thanks for that lil bit of hopoe, was just thinking this morning romance is a dead art.

kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

...late Caturday night complaint:  Why can't someone make a store bought pizza with the Italian sausage as the only other topping on it?   It's seems all I can ever find is pepperoni (which gives me terrible indigestion), veggie, "everything but the kitchen sink" (which includes pepperoni), Hawai'ian (the pineapple is acidic overkill), plain cheese, or "weird stuff" that should never ever touch he upper surface of a pizza (most often found in the natural foods dept.).  Is it that difficult just to make something so bleedin' simple?  I had a taste for pizza tonight and even a deli/frozen one would have been satisfying. So easy to make, put in oven at 400° and twelve to fifteen minutes later, dinner.  Ended up settling for a plain cheese which was pretty good, but still missed the sausage.

Why don't you just get some sausage, cook it up, put it in a freezer zip bag and when you want one of these, put it on the cheese pizza and put it in the oven?  We do that with ground chourico (Portuguese spicy sausage) when we want a chourico pizza.  We used to get them from Domino's before we moved to this house.  Nobody delivered here.  Our new neighbor suggested Freschetta pizza.  I objected at first, because my past experience with frozen pizza was...meh.  Cardboard.  But we tried it and it's great!  I've tried a couple others since then, and only Freschetta passes the test.  But we still didn't have the option of chourico pizza...until I came up with this idea.  Works great.  I know they sell ground Italian sausage around here, they probably do there, too.  If not get links and cut them up into pieces sized to your liking.  Quit cursing the darkness and light a candle!

Dana

...the whole idea of getting a store bought pizza is simplicity, simply pop it in the oven and in 15 min or less, it's done, no mess, no pans to clean up afterwards.  I also don't buy pizza often enough to cook up a large bunch of sausage or other ingredients as being in a shared living situation with 4 other people, fridge and freezer space is at a premium (which is is why I do "Euro" style shopping and only get what I need for a day or two).  If there were one of those "take and bake" places within walking distance, I'd just go there as you can order whatever you want. Costs a little more than store bought but is still a lot less expensive than delivery or going out to eat.

Still I would think with the multitude of pizza varieties available, from basic cheese to gluten free crust with non dairy cheese, white sauce, kale, and pine nuts, someone could offer one with just sausage or sausage and mushroom/onions. Freschetta once actually had a Sausage, Mushroom and onion pizza, and yes, it was very good, but it was only around for a limited time. Sold like crazy as well so it wasn't poor sales that pulled it off the shelves.

Tjohn said:

DanaTA said:
    Tjohn said:

I needed a retro prop for a render,couldn't find one, so I had to make it. Really out of practice.. Did not steal a single pixel, tho. smiley

Good job!

Dana

Thanks! blush

DanaTA said:

Happy Birthday AtticAnne!  Where are you?  Haven't been in this entire new thread yet!  frown

Dana

thinkin of going back to poser.  idl and sss should render reasonably faster on quad core

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,138
    edited June 2016
    kyoto kid said:

...yeah cars may be safer and more efficient today compared to the heavily chromed bests of a half century ago, but they are all looking more and more alike each year.  Getting hard to tell a Chevy from a Nissan or a Ford from a Hundai these days.

...and some are just plain butt ugly (like most SUVs and the Nissan Leaf).

Form follows function. enlightened (Except in Italy where where form is everything!  Function be damned. cheeky)  I suspect that Victoria's bikini armor was Italian.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075

TL;DR cheeky

I get involved in Real Life(tm) and suddenly.. THERE'S A DRAGON IN A BOX! surprisedevil

Updates: Job prospects dm, they're hiring about 100 testers in Austin and so far I've been either over or under qualified since I have no "official" QA background.  Meh.  Looking as far afield as perm jobs in NYC, Auburn Hills MI, and San Diego, CA.  I just want to settle down, work 10-12 years, and retire into a room in a nice shared house to write the rest of my life!  I always have Plan B, though.

Going to sell my big laptop and buy a smaller machine and focus on my writing.  Having recorded and sold a full album of music, it's time to move to the next item - writing and selling a novel!  I don't need a gaming laptop to run my writing software.. lol!  I have 28,000 words done, if I can focus on it, there's a good chance I can finish the darn thing to close to 50,000 before I run out of food money and burn down an IRS office.  I figure if I'm going to end up in jail, I can do a public service on my way out! devil

Not much else going on.. I apply for 2-3 jobs a dayy, except on Saturdays when it's pretty much dead.  I actually get job alert on Sunday so I stay ahead of everyone else.  I doctored my resume to remove some of my real old work to see if LESS experience will help get me hired, updated all my job boards - let's see how that works out.  Ageism, as KK has experiened,is a real thing.

I'll still drop in off and on just to pester folks.. if I stop posting check for my name in the paper! devilangry

Serpent said:

TL;DR cheeky

I get involved in Real Life(tm) and suddenly.. THERE'S A DRAGON IN A BOX! surprisedevil

Updates: Job prospects dm, they're hiring about 100 testers in Austin and so far I've been either over or under qualified since I have no "official" QA background.  Meh.  Looking as far afield as perm jobs in NYC, Auburn Hills MI, and San Diego, CA.  I just want to settle down, work 10-12 years, and retire into a room in a nice shared house to write the rest of my life!  I always have Plan B, though.

Going to sell my big laptop and buy a smaller machine and focus on my writing.  Having recorded and sold a full album of music, it's time to move to the next item - writing and selling a novel!  I don't need a gaming laptop to run my writing software.. lol!  I have 28,000 words done, if I can focus on it, there's a good chance I can finish the darn thing to close to 50,000 before I run out of food money and burn down an IRS office.  I figure if I'm going to end up in jail, I can do a public service on my way out! devil

Not much else going on.. I apply for 2-3 jobs a dayy, except on Saturdays when it's pretty much dead.  I actually get job alert on Sunday so I stay ahead of everyone else.  I doctored my resume to remove some of my real old work to see if LESS experience will help get me hired, updated all my job boards - let's see how that works out.  Ageism, as KK has experiened,is a real thing.

I'll still drop in off and on just to pester folks.. if I stop posting check for my name in the paper! devilangry

wecome back 

edited June 2016

was catching up on GOT Updates

did they ... Marjory?  is she ...?

cant help liking Cersei's style lol, i like her outfit too.  no drafty 

epic dragon scene  

SPOILER ALERT,  EP9 

SPOILER ALERT,  EP10

Post edited by Mistara on

@Misty - thanks!! laugh

I have 2 job applications in with Bloomberg in /NYC.. I might end up out there!! surprise Probably live in the suburbs near commuter rail and take the rail in.

NYC is full of TASTY FOODS!!! laugh

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    MistyMist said:
    Serpent said:

TL;DR cheeky

wecome back 

+1

Serpent said:

@Misty - thanks!! laugh

I have 2 job applications in with Bloomberg in /NYC.. I might end up out there!! surprise Probably live in the suburbs near commuter rail and take the rail in.

NYC is full of TASTY FOODS!!! laugh

dont need a car in nyc.

lot of stairs gettin to subways >.<  

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386

One of the Subnautica developers just posted this in their forum...

HTisMpC.jpg
    639 x 320 - 25K
    Tjohn said:
    MistyMist said:
    Serpent said:

TL;DR cheeky

wecome back 

+1

Thanks!!! laugh

• AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726

Why the thread name change???

Im confused (generally speaking of course).

"We'd love to submit you but the hiring manager won't even look at your resume' if you don't have a degree".

I've shipped 3 smartphones 3 commercial industrial lighting control systems, 3 games, and completed a near0impossible R&D project and I get this BS.. twice so far in the last 3 weeks. angry

Setting fire to the IRS office is looking better and better...

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    MistyMist said:
    Tjohn said:

DanaTA said:
    Tjohn said:

I needed a retro prop for a render,couldn't find one, so I had to make it. Really out of practice.. Did not steal a single pixel, tho. smiley

Good job!

Dana

Thanks! blush

I got some of that suntan lotion but they changed their logo so the girl is wearing a full swimsuit.

th.jpg
    302 x 151 - 15K

meh degrees overrated.  i got by with MCSE and CNE certifications.  both worthless now.   CCNA is still a hot certification.  telco tech is changing, seems

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991

Because I can. devil

is Laura's mesh more advanced than aiko3?

i know they share same uv, dunno 

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
    Rezca said:

One of the Subnautica developers just posted this in their forum...

Considering that I am, at this moment, reading When Sysadmins Ruled the Earth, by Cory Doctorow, this totally tickled my inner tech geek.  laugh

MistyMist said:

I thought they can share the same morphs but maybe I am wrong.  I think basically they are the same mesh but rigged different and shapped different. 

i'se bakin the vanilla cake recipe on the back of the king arthur cake flour box.  some batter made it into the pan

the hardest part of baking is waiting for the stuff to hit room temp.  room temp eggs are kinda different from cold eggs.  room temp butter ...
    no patience 

cant be like, i feel like makin a cake right naos., gotta plan a few hour ahead.  and no take backsies, once that commitment is made, haz to bake or spoil the stuff.

and the cookie recipes says chill dough in the fridge first

MistyMist said:

I thought they can share the same morphs but maybe I am wrong.  I think basically they are the same mesh but rigged different and shapped different. 

mebbe something to do with jcms?

oscar mike gulf, my lifestyle smells soooo gooooooood

My computer crashed before I saved my scene

• AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726
    Tjohn said:

Because I can. devil

No you cant!

Oh wait, yes you can.

8P

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited June 2016

The only real value of having a degree is getting past the "You gotta have a degree" hurdle put up by hiring managers.

I don't have one (you probably guessed), but I can still do the job as well or better than any of those other SOBs . . .

Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,138
    edited June 2016

The only real value of having a degree is getting past the "You gotta have a degree" hurdle put up by hiring managers.

I don't have one (you probably guessed), but I can still do the job as well or better than any of those other SOBs . . .

While I agree as an employee, I would disagree as an employer.  Certainly experience accounts for something but in this modern rapidly changing arena, experience is always with past technology and techniques.  As an individual, the quantity of accumulated experience is limited.  On the other hand, a prospective employee with a degree has probably been exposed to new ideas and new techniques distilled from many minds.  Ideas that many not have been possible or practical only a few years ago.  Also a degree shows some level of committment, whereas a long list of past employers on a resume' might indicate an inability to play well with others. (never mind the possibility that the "others" may have been moronic children.  Something that the employer wouldn't know and doesn't want to know.)

A degree indicates exposure to knowlege in a structured way.  Knowlege boiled down and crystalized for easy ingestion.  Often, specific knowlege is only a small fragment of an entire spectrum of related information.  The whole may indeed be greater than the sum of the parts.  Understanding Elm trees doesn't mean one understands the forest.

Of course, degreed people can also be boobs.   For example one's lawyer in a divorce case, or the doctor that just took out your liver instead of your appendix.

Experienced people sometimes bring with them tattered baggage that is not only old but incompatible with modern production needs.

A positive thing that many experienced people do bring with them is a level of learned quality not even envisioned by newbies.  However, unless the employer recognizes the need for the quality, sees it in the prospective employee, and is willing to pay for it in time and money, the scales will often tip toward the degree.

Believe me, I've been on the short end of this stick and have had a great deal to say about stubborn, non-visionary employers.  But this is no longer my world.  I caught the wave in the '70s and rode it for three decades, then I floundered in the white water for another before washing up on the beach sunburned.  So I do understand.  But life is not only about achieving stablity, but also about managing change.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

workin hard already delta alpha november gulf india tango   is only 9:30am.

coupla inconsiderate co-workers with bugs up their arses, 

out of town company people visiting, can't imagine what they must think of our department. actually, i can imagine.  y'know what, not my problem.

This discussion has been closed.