My Lease Is Nearly Up On The Complaint Thread

Comments

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited June 2016

Complaint...

Has anyone noticed recently that expiration dates on products are getting harder to find? 

It used to be that the would appear somewhere on the label, usually in a white rectangle that said "Best By:____" or "Discard After:____", but now some items that used to have them don't or will have them blank and the expiration date will be in some ridiculous location blended into some other coded info like Lot09088664445-008457 042614 M011017371   So I'm supposed to discern from all that numeric rubish that my Vienna sausages expired in 042616... Or is that the plant number?

The bottle of Steak an Chops marinade I marinated some steaks in has "Use By____" printed on the neck label... But it's blank.... The back label has a poorly registered dot matrix code printed on the label... LN5N002805092 EX0532016 T44356.... So that's EX as in expires... 05... May? 3... 3rd? 2016? Why is May "05" and the third "3" and not "03" or does it expire in May of the year 32016... That's pretty good shelf life, but something is not tracking there... Is it Euro style with date before month...? Well the same question... Why is one "05" and the other just "3"... Really... Okay, so I use it and forget to rinse the bottle for the recycling bin and so just a few minutes ago I rinse it out and notice a laser printed dot matrixish code 15SB 21:34 EXP 08/2014.... The printing is actually tiny pin holes in the surface of the plastic... No color and only visible if the bottle is empty and you get the area wet... And its sideways along the mould seam.  How TF is someone supposed to see that? 

And yeah, it expired in 2014...

So I look through the cabinet and I find another bottle of the same stuff and after looking in the same area where the other code was I can with some effort find the expiration date which was printed in the same manner... So I go looking through the pantry finding almost ever other bottle or can either lacking expiration dates or them being presented in a horribly confusing idiotic manner, many of the label still actually having a space for the expiration date, but the date not being printed anywhere near that...

This is the kind of unnecessary stuff that really annoys me... Why would anyone do that? My guess is it's more convenient to roller or laser print the bottle or can in some assbackwards spot nobody would think to look.... but is that really the responsible, or right thing to do?  I'm sure if you asked the person tasked with deciding if that was a good idea, they would say "Well, if the consumer is in doubt, they should just discard the item and purchase a fresh one... the code is there and if you really have a question you could either send us an email or call our 800 number and we would be happy to help you sort that out"... Knowing full and clear that maybe 1 in 3247 people might send an email... Maybe... If was easy to locate the actual place to send it.

I hope that everyone who makes a decision to allow a stupidly printed expiration and just blows off the potential consequences to others as a "well, it's their own fault"... I hope they ALL get the most historically epic case of explosives diarrhea, the kind that diarrhea experts are shocked by... I hope they poop themselves inside out and back again... Maybe twice... I hope they have horrible loud chronic noisy wet staccato flatulence of the sort that would frighten away hungry Tyrannosaurus rexs, for months and particularly in public and in meeting. It may seem vindictive... And you know what... it is... And I'm happy I'm vindictive about it, because everyone is always like "ah, what can you do?... Thats what happens"... Until something terrible happens and then everyone is swinging from the rafters like angry orangutans, shouting for change.  Bah...   Complaint over.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    MistyMist said:
    kyoto kid said:

The only real value of having a degree is getting past the "You gotta have a degree" hurdle put up by hiring managers.

I don't have one (you probably guessed), but I can still do the job as well or better than any of those other SOBs . . .

...received a job opening the other day.for Warehouse coordinator, everything it mentioned is almost exactly what I did for the last two decades in my former job, but no heavy lifting, no climbing ladders, no having to drive a forklift. Just walk around with a hand scanner and tablet then sit at a workstation a good part of of the day tracking inventory, tracking shipments, maintaining employee schedules etc., for 18$ an hour (and it was even in the city rather than the outskirts). Just about clicked the "send resume" button until I saw...

..."BA/BS Degree required".

Wait, are you kidding me? A Degree, in what? Warehousing? do they actually have such a degree? 

This is how ridiculous things have become. Needless to say I closed the tab and moved on.

wouldnt someone with bachelor degree sneeze at 18ph?

sometimes an ad says degree or experience,  been a while since i looked at ads though.

...yeah 18$ is only about 37,500$ a year still more than I made in my former warehouse job by about 17,000$.  The notice was explicit about the degree with no "...or qualified experience." afterwards.

In contrast the wage I earned in a warehouse/shipping position I had back in the early 70s today would be the equivalent of around 39$ an hour (roughly 81,000$ a year).  Of course that was in a "union shop".

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

5th of march 2016 innit. Obvs. wink

McGyver said:

Complaint...

Has anyone noticed recently that expiration dates on products are getting harder to find? 

It used to be that the would appear somewhere on the label, usually in a white rectangle that said "Best By:____" or "Discard After:____", but now some items that used to have them don't or will have them blank and the expiration date will be in some ridiculous location blended into some other coded info like Lot09088664445-008457 042614 M011017371   So I'm supposed to discern from all that numeric rubish that my Vienna sausages expired in 042616... Or is that the plant number?

The bottle of Steak an Chops marinade I marinated some steaks in has "Use By____" printed on the neck label... But it's blank.... The back label has a poorly registered dot matrix code printed on the label... LN5N002805092 EX0532016 T44356.... So that's EX as in expires... 05... May? 3... 3rd? 2016? Why is May "05" and the third "3" and not "03" or does it expire in May of the year 32016... That's pretty good shelf life, but something is not tracking there... Is it Euro style with date before month...? Well the same question... Why is one "05" and the other just "3"... Really... Okay, so I use it and forget to rinse the bottle for the recycling bin and so just a few minutes ago I rinse it out and notice a laser printed dot matrixish code 15SB 21:34 EXP 08/2014.... The printing is actually tiny pin holes in the surface of the plastic... No color and only visible if the bottle is empty and you get the area wet... And its sideways along the mould seam.  How TF is someone supposed to see that? 

And yeah, it expired in 2014...

So I look through the cabinet and I find another bottle of the same stuff and after looking in the same area where the other code was I can with some effort find the expiration date which was printed in the same manner... So I go looking through the pantry finding almost ever other bottle or can either lacking expiration dates or them being presented in a horribly confusing idiotic manner, many of the label still actually having a space for the expiration date, but the date not being printed anywhere near that...

This is the kind of unnecessary stuff that really annoys me... Why would anyone do that? My guess is it's more convenient to roller or laser print the bottle or can in some assbackwards spot nobody would think to look.... but is that really the responsible, or right thing to do?  I'm sure if you asked the person tasked with deciding if that was a good idea, they would say "Well, if the consumer is in doubt, they should just discard the item and purchase a fresh one... the code is there and if you really have a question you could either send us an email or call our 800 number and we would be happy to help you sort that out"... Knowing full and clear that maybe 1 in 3247 people might send an email... Maybe... If was easy to locate the actual place to send it.

I hope that everyone who makes a decision to allow a stupidly printed expiration and just blows off the potential consequences to others as a "well, it's their own fault"... I hope they ALL get the most historically epic case of explosives diarrhea, the kind that diarrhea experts are shocked by... I hope they poop themselves inside out and back again... Maybe twice... I hope they have horrible loud chronic noisy wet staccato flatulence of the sort that would frighten away hungry Tyrannosaurus rexs, for months and particularly in public and in meeting. It may seem vindictive... And you know what... it is... And I'm happy I'm vindictive about it, because everyone is always like "ah, what can you do?... Thats what happens"... Until something terrible happens and then everyone is swinging from the rafters like angry orangutans, shouting for change.  Bah...   Complaint over.

...I feel the same way about packaging designers. I am still convinced they have a mean streak twoards those of us with arthritis. Cirkey a kid can easily open one of those "child safe" a pill bottles while I have to rummage around to find a pliers or Vise Grip. Then there are those "safety seals" which I guess are there to keep the product safe from ever being used.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:

Complaint:  It says at the top of the page - Let us gift you some FREE Daz Originals.  Then it says I get a discount of $4 off DO's.  Well, how is that a free DO?  The cheapest one is $6.35, and there are only three of these then it goes up about a dollar for a couple more then up another dollar.  Free Daz Originals...plural.  Can't even get one free for $4!

Dana

...maybe if you are PC+?

Like I mentioned once before, I am still seeing PC+ pricing...though I am no longer in the PC+.  Chohole said things look right in the business end, so...whatever.  PC+ items do not count as far as I can tell, just DAZ Originals.

Dana

kyoto kid said:
    Tjohn said:

I remember. Also this Mad parody (Frank Frazetta).

...heh, I remember that ad.

Don Martin's take on the Four Lads from Liverpool

I take it Mr. Martin didn't care for them.  These are not good characatures of them at all.

Dana

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited July 2016

Post edited by TJohn on
    Tjohn said:

Nothing in the post.  Well, it looks like maybe there is supposed to be an image...but it doesn't show at all until one quotes the post.

Dana

DanaTA said:
    Tjohn said:

Nothing in the post.  Well, it looks like maybe there is supposed to be an image...but it doesn't show at all until one quotes the post.

Dana

fixed it. but it didn't fix your quote.

Thirsty?

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Tjohn said:

Thirsty?

cant take my eyes off the fashion statements

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,170
    edited July 2016
    MistyMist said:

DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

I take it Mr. Martin didn't care for them.  These are not good characatures of them at all.

Dana

All his people looked like that. 

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Tjohn said:

I remember. Also this Mad parody (Frank Frazetta).

Dana

...are you familiar with his work?  All his characters pretty much look like that.

Tjohn said:

Thirsty?

...now that's a cause I can support.

One of my Don Martin faves.

edited July 2016

...that is a good one,  I used to have all the bound collections.  Always loved his "sound effects".

2013-1-5-don_martin_sound_effects.jpg
    500 x 678 - 157K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726
    kyoto kid said:
    Serpent said:

@Misty - thanks!! laugh

I have 2 job applications in with Bloomberg in /NYC.. I might end up out there!! surprise Probably live in the suburbs near commuter rail and take the rail in.

NYC is full of TASTY FOODS!!! laugh

...that it is.  Would like to get back there for a visit someday, 4 days 3 nighs by train from here.  "Real" winter though so be careful.

Once I get my SS all worked out may consider relocating a litle more west to Astoria OR.  Pretty area, local transit service to Long Beach WA where I can fly kites. Really cool bridge across the mouth of the Columbia as well.

...or I might actually end up in Zagreb as I Learned I can retire there and still collect Social Security.  Wouldn't need to deal with housing subsidies as living costs are much lower. I can get a 1 BR in the city for between 170 - 200USD,

...and look at that water...

Ive been across that bridge. My wife and I stayed at the hotel where they filmed part of "The Goonies". We drove by the house as well. I think im thinking about the right spot.

Tjohn said:

Thirsty?

I hold that rally on my front lawn every day.

kyoto kid said:
    Serpent said:

@Misty - thanks!! laugh

I have 2 job applications in with Bloomberg in /NYC.. I might end up out there!! surprise Probably live in the suburbs near commuter rail and take the rail in.

...that it is.  Would like to get back there for a visit someday, 4 days 3 nighs by train from here.  "Real" winter though so be careful.

Once I get my SS all worked out may consider relocating a litle more west to Astoria OR.  Pretty area, local transit service to Long Beach WA where I can fly kites. Really cool bridge across the mouth of the Columbia as well.

...or I might actually end up in Zagreb as I Learned I can retire there and still collect Social Security.  Wouldn't need to deal with housing subsidies as living costs are much lower. I can get a 1 BR in the city for between 170 - 200USD,

Ive been across that bridge. My wife and I stayed at the hotel where they filmed part of "The Goonies". We drove by the house as well. I think im thinking about the right spot.

...yes you are.

Driving across the causeway on the north end we often had seagulls flying alongside pacing our car.  Once on the high part of the span we were above a layer of fog.

kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Serpent said:

@Misty - thanks!! laugh

...yes you are.

Driving across the causeway on the north end we often had seagulls flying alongside pacing our car.  Once on the high part of the span we were above a layer of fog.

I love the fog. A good dense fog in the woods is really something special. Gotta love the seagulls as well. Just make sure that you are gaurding your lunch when they are around.

...yeah, they're pretty wily buggers that's for sure.  You almost need an locked armored picnic basket to keep them out.

Grumble...  coffee...

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,170
    edited July 2016
    kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Serpent said:

@Misty - thanks!! laugh

...yes you are.

I love the fog. A good dense fog in the woods is really something special. Gotta love the seagulls as well. Just make sure that you are gaurding your lunch when they are around.

Back in '95 I rode my motorcycle across country from Washington DC.  I came into San Francisco from the north and crossed the Golden Gate Bridge in the afternoon and never saw it.  The fog was so heavy I couldn't even see the railings and could barely see the road under me.  Just the dim glow of red tail lights ahead of me and the island of fuzzy whiteness around the toll booth. frown  But it was a clear sunny afternoon on both ends of the bridge.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited July 2016

>.<

mega million lotto !! 415 million

come on lotto, momma needs a new pair of deko cores!!

mega.JPG
    735 x 164 - 29K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    Tjohn said:

laugh  laugh  laugh  laugh 

Dana

MistyMist said:

DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

Dana

All his people looked like that. 

Not impressed, then.  To me a characature should be recognizable.  They generally will exagurate a feature, but not to the point of unreconizability.

Dana

MistyMist said:

>.<

That's just disgusting!  The Italian guy knew!

Dana

kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Serpent said:

@Misty - thanks!! laugh

...yes you are.

Back in '95 I rode my motorcycle across country from Washington DC.  I came into San Francisco from the north and crossed the Golden Gate Bridge in the afternoon and never saw it.  The fog was so heavy I couldn't even see the railings and could barely see the road under me.  Just the dim glow of red tail lights ahead of me and the island of fuzzy whiteness around the toll booth. frown  But it was a clear sunny afternoon on both ends of the bridge.

Yah. Ive seen California fog like that as well. Definetely NOT fun to drive in. The only thing worse that ive experienced is driving in a white out. Driving in white outs is bad.

DanaTA said:
    MistyMist said:

>.<

That's just disgusting!  The Italian guy knew!

Dana

get the feeling our educational system isn't much educational?

This discussion has been closed.