My Lease Is Nearly Up On The Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    atticanne said:

Thanks for the birthday wishes.  Now that I'm 74, maybe I should grow up and be a lady.  Naw, it's too much fun just as I am, climbing trees, surveying the neighborhood from my roof, chasing 

sirens and flashing lights (don't have to chase far since they're usually in front of my house), playing pirates and tackle football in the front yard, and sitting on the floor playing board 

games and Legos with my grandsons.

No global warming here.  Yesterday our RealFeel temp hit 115.  Then a brief rain shower hit and the temp fell 30 degrees in 30 minutes.  Texas!

Yesterday my housemate made his famous beans for supper.  They simmered in the crockpot all day, the odor driving me crazy.  Well worth the wait.  Delicious.  The beans weren't cooked to a mush 

and the flavor was superb.  If he doesn't land a tech job soon, I may hire him out as a travelling chef.

HBD Annie, growing up iz overrated :0

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,704
    edited June 2016
    ps1borg said:
    atticanne said:

Thanks for the birthday wishes.  Now that I'm 74, maybe I should grow up and be a lady.  Naw, it's too much fun just as I am, climbing trees, surveying the neighborhood from my roof, chasing 

sirens and flashing lights (don't have to chase far since they're usually in front of my house), playing pirates and tackle football in the front yard, and sitting on the floor playing board 

No global warming here.  Yesterday our RealFeel temp hit 115.  Then a brief rain shower hit and the temp fell 30 degrees in 30 minutes.  Texas!

Yesterday my housemate made his famous beans for supper.  They simmered in the crockpot all day, the odor driving me crazy.  Well worth the wait.  Delicious.  The beans weren't cooked to a mush 

and the flavor was superb.  If he doesn't land a tech job soon, I may hire him out as a travelling chef.

HBD Annie, growing up iz overrated :0

but the alternative is not very good either.

edit read as Growing old is overrated so yeah Growing up is overrated, but also being immature annoys others.  It is a fine line between being young and being immature.

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899

I hate it when I realize I had figured out how to do something 8 months ago but now I can't remember how to do it and I have to have this project done by noon tomorrow!

Of course I don't have notes.... notes are for people with bad memories... like me...  sadno

Are there any good dead poses for genesis 3?

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited June 2016

Here are some dead posies.   Are these good enough?

DeadPosies.jpg
    600 x 400 - 59K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Here are some dead posies.   Are these good enough?

Thanks That did help, I think.

I am working on a different project as I have some men working on my bathroom fixing something.  I did not want to explain the dead nude people in my render.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited June 2016
    Serpent said:

@Misty - thanks!! laugh

I have 2 job applications in with Bloomberg in /NYC.. I might end up out there!! surprise Probably live in the suburbs near commuter rail and take the rail in.

NYC is full of TASTY FOODS!!! laugh

...that it is.  Would like to get back there for a visit someday, 4 days 3 nighs by train from here.  "Real" winter though so be careful.

Once I get my SS all worked out may consider relocating a litle more west to Astoria OR.  Pretty area, local transit service to Long Beach WA where I can fly kites. Really cool bridge across the mouth of the Columbia as well.

...or I might actually end up in Zagreb as I Learned I can retire there and still collect Social Security.  Wouldn't need to deal with housing subsidies as living costs are much lower. I can get a 1 BR in the city for between 170 - 200USD,

...and look at that water...

Post edited by kyoto kid on

The only real value of having a degree is getting past the "You gotta have a degree" hurdle put up by hiring managers.

I don't have one (you probably guessed), but I can still do the job as well or better than any of those other SOBs . . .

...received a job opening the other day.for Warehouse coordinator, everything it mentioned is almost exactly what I did for the last two decades in my former job, but no heavy lifting, no climbing ladders, no having to drive a forklift. Just walk around with a hand scanner and tablet then sit at a workstation a good part of of the day tracking inventory, tracking shipments, maintaining employee schedules etc., for 18$ an hour (and it was even in the city rather than the outskirts). Just about clicked the "send resume" button until I saw...

..."BA/BS Degree required".

Wait, are you kidding me? A Degree, in what? Warehousing? do they actually have such a degree? 

This is how ridiculous things have become. Needless to say I closed the tab and moved on.

edited June 2016
    DanaTA said:

Complaint:  It says at the top of the page - Let us gift you some FREE Daz Originals.  Then it says I get a discount of $4 off DO's.  Well, how is that a free DO?  The cheapest one is $6.35, and there are only three of these then it goes up about a dollar for a couple more then up another dollar.  Free Daz Originals...plural.  Can't even get one free for $4!

Dana

...maybe if you are PC+?

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    Tjohn said:

I remember. Also this Mad parody (Frank Frazetta).

...heh, I remember that ad.

Don Martin's take on the Four Lads from Liverpool

atticanne said:

...welcome back. Was a bit concerned when I heard about all the flooding.

115°! Ouch. 

kyoto kid said:

The only real value of having a degree is getting past the "You gotta have a degree" hurdle put up by hiring managers.

I don't have one (you probably guessed), but I can still do the job as well or better than any of those other SOBs . . .

...received a job opening the other day.for Warehouse coordinator, everything it mentioned is almost exactly what I did for the last two decades in my former job, but no heavy lifting, no climbing ladders, no having to drive a forklift. Just walk around with a hand scanner and tablet then sit at a workstation a good part of of the day tracking inventory, tracking shipments, maintaining employee schedules etc., for 18$ an hour (and it was even in the city rather than the outskirts). Just about clicked the "send resume" button until I saw...

Wait, are you kidding me? A Degree, in what? Warehousing? do they actually have such a degree? 

This is how ridiculous things have become. Needless to say I closed the tab and moved on.

wouldnt someone with bachelor degree sneeze at 18ph?

sometimes an ad says degree or experience,  been a while since i looked at ads though.

i should be leaving for work now. but i haz tummy bug woes, staying near bathroom.  no potties on the bus,

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    Stryder87 said:

I hate it when I realize I had figured out how to do something 8 months ago but now I can't remember how to do it and I have to have this project done by noon tomorrow!

Of course I don't have notes.... notes are for people with bad memories... like me...  sadno

I make notes, then lose them.  They might resurface 5-10 years later.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010

TBT

file_870653.jpg
    800 x 600 - 116K

made it work afterall.  wish i hadn't   groannn   complaint

complaint - vision plan i'm paying for doesn't cover progressive lenses.  doesn't cover anti-glare, anti-scratch.  pays up 150 for frames every 2 years.  thought progressive lenses were the bees-knees of eyewear.

bees has knees?

reading the fine print of the dental plan.  dentist wants to put a crown on the root canal tooth, but looks like crowns not covered.

MistyMist said:

bees has knees?

Bees has knees...  laugh

bee knee.jpg
    713 x 490 - 343K
    Stryder87 said:
    MistyMist said:

bees has knees?

Bees has knees...  laugh

a lot of knees   lol

barriga non-buenos  denuncia

mebbe a nice cinnamon bun from starbucks.  

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited June 2016
    MistyMist said:

complaint - vision plan i'm paying for doesn't cover progressive lenses.  doesn't cover anti-glare, anti-scratch.  pays up 150 for frames every 2 years.  thought progressive lenses were the bees-knees of eyewear.

bees has knees?

reading the fine print of the dental plan.  dentist wants to put a crown on the root canal tooth, but looks like crowns not covered.

I've checked into a few dental plans as offered through TV ads and other sources and have discovered that they basically cover two exam/cleanings per year and cost you about $200 in premiums.  My dentist charges about $100 per exam/cleaning and I get two per year.  Do the math.  A few other services are covered but only at 50%.

Not saying you can't find a more comprehensive dental plan but be sure to read the fine print.

And of course crowns aren't covered!  Crowns go on top of your head, you'd have to wear a really big hat. wink

Oh, and if a "knee" is a joint in the middle of a leg then yes, bees do have knees. 

beeknee.jpg
    713 x 490 - 343K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    MistyMist said:

bees has knees?

I've checked into a few dental plans as offered through TV ads and other sources and have discovered that they basicly cover two exam/cleanings per year and cost you about $200 in premiums.  My dentist charges about $100 per exam/cleaning and I get two per year.  Do the math.

Not saying you can't find a more comprehensive dental plan but be sure to read the fine print.

And of course crowns aren't covered!  Crowns go on top of your head, you'd have to wear a really big hat. wink

i would look good in a tiara.  always wanted one.  my vicki has a few. 

he had to explain to me what a crown means.  kinda gross.  right now there's a blob of cement plugging the hole.

still cry when i think of the cores and cudas the root canal money woulda bought.  i survived the infection, there's the trade-off lol. 

inbox pron  >>.<<

g20160630.JPG
    533 x 436 - 99K
  • PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    kyoto kid said:

There is a degree in logistics. BA or BS depending on exactly which courses you take. Personally, I think most of it is BS, it's just a way to weed out the high schoolers. You should apply anyway, they might not be rule worshippers.

When I was injured, my company trained me to be a dispatcher. Same position that required a four-year degree. I learned everything I needed and was alone on the night shift in 3 months. Degrees are just a way of separating the full-time-lazy from the part-time drunks.

Now I'm retired, lame, and have a webcomic. Whoopee!

What is the Wall Street Journal?

It's a diary all the bankers use to keep track of all the inside deals they've made, and are working on, to manipulate the market to increase their 1%.  laugh

Stryder87 said:

It's a diary all the bankers use to keep track of all the inside deals they've made, and are working on, to manipulate the market to increase their 1%.  laugh

I had an opportunity to get it free but turned it down because I did not know what that was.  Hmmm looks like I made a good choice

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I had a crown, but it sheared off. I guess now I have a flat top.

(I have a fortune in outstanding dental work waiting to be done, but the NHS doesn't cover teeth (at least it does, but finding an NHS dentist is rarer than hen's, er, teeth), and pretty much no insturance covers a damn . . .) In the absence of money, dentistry is a luxury i have to live without. Thank the deity of your choice for temparin!

This discussion has been closed.