Get Your Encrypted Daz Connect Content Here Thread - none at the moment 2018-01-30

Comments

• bad4ubad4u Posts: 684
    lx said:

The fact is we asked for clear markers / icons on the product icon the same as DO and PC+, or like the 'new' banner, and were completely ignored.

Any kind of 'marker' or 'banner' for something like encrypted content might raise negative associations or at least the question 'what is it about' for new customers, which doesn't help selling encrypted content, once they start thinking or reading about it. While for marketing people this probably is a no-go, it still would be easy to add some filters with positive associations, e.g. some checkbox like 'show DIM compatible content', which would make life easier for those customers who decide to not buy or cannot use encrypted content.

• ...wicked undead fiend morphs an old product from the v/m4/genesis days right now I didn't take notice of stuff being installed selected by dim bought a few other things not in sale as soon as finished started daz to install new girl and what did I see not only the new girl to install but I had to install wicked undead fiend morphs via connect - this is an old product dim should have installed it if I hadn't had to download the new girl via connect I wouldn't have known had to with undead and this isn't the first time either other products released long before connect I've had to too and some have had their parts split up between connect and dim giving me incomplete products I wouldn't relise missing something if I hadn't had to open connect to download connect only content even old stuff bought and installed long agao I've had to reinstall via connect seen had to when opening sometimes a few times for the same stuff that up it's frustrating and no sign in dim had to reinstall anything

All the items you bought will appear as ready to be installed via Connect, regardless of whether you have installed via DIM - however the oens installed via DIM should have colour thumbnails and if you right-click on them in the Products tab of Smart Content there should be an explore option. The Undead Fiend morphs are certainly showing as having a DIM install option so if they are not showing as installed at all in DS try checking their status in DIM - if theya ren't there at all open a support ticket.

• We have reported the erroneous reference to 4.8 in the product blurb for FW Nadine - the blurb is written, in general, by the PA who would not have known this would be released as an encrypted, Connect-only item but it should have been amended once that decision was made.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550
    Havos said:

Looks like there is another new one to add to the list:

http://www.daz3d.com/fw-nadine-hd-for-victoria-7

As normal it is heavily discounted, with a price under 4$ if you buy one of today's releases.

Thanks for the HU, almost put her in my cart.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited June 2016
    bad4u said:
    lx said:

The fact is we asked for clear markers / icons on the product icon the same as DO and PC+, or like the 'new' banner, and were completely ignored.

Any kind of 'marker' or 'banner' for something like encrypted content might raise negative associations or at least the question 'what is it about' for new customers, which doesn't help selling encrypted content, once they start thinking or reading about it. While for marketing people this probably is a no-go, it still would be easy to add some filters with positive associations, e.g. some checkbox like 'show DIM compatible content', which would make life easier for those customers who decide to not buy or cannot use encrypted content.

It shouldn't say encrypted, but DRM; lots of items are encrypted but aren't a DRM item.

DRM requires encryption; Encryption does not require DRM.

Title of the thread should be changed to DRM - it's misleading.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    nicstt said:
    bad4u said:
    lx said:

It shouldn't say encrypted, but DRM; lots of items are encrypted but aren't a DRM item.

Well, the content is labelled "Encrypted" and not DRM, in such, the title of the thread is correct.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    bad4u said:

... it still would be easy to add some filters with positive associations, e.g. some checkbox like 'show DIM compatible content', which would make life easier for those customers who decide to not buy or cannot use encrypted content.

That, or some variation of "Hide Connect-only items" ...

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550
    L'Adair said:
    bad4u said:

... it still would be easy to add some filters with positive associations, e.g. some checkbox like 'show DIM compatible content', which would make life easier for those customers who decide to not buy or cannot use encrypted content.

LOL, that will never happen as long as DAZ is trying to promote connect and encrypted items

• bad4ubad4u Posts: 684
    edited June 2016
    nicstt said:
    bad4u said:
    lx said:

From marketing pov the label 'DRM' is even worse to sell than the label 'encrypted', so that will never happen. I only suggested a simple way to make buying more comfortable again for customers who don't want to (accidentally) buy encrypted content, without the 'negative touch' some kind of new marker or label might bring up.

Post edited by bad4u on
  • hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335

Glad I checked here....had her in the cart, hadn't checked.  Boom.  Out of the cart she goes.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited June 2016
    L'Adair said:
    bad4u said:

LOL, that will never happen as long as DAZ is trying to promote connect and encrypted items

How about, "Hide 4.9 exclusive items"? Anyone using an earlier version would appreciate it, and there's nothing about connect or encryption... The only people who'd use it would be those who haven't upgraded to 4.9 or those who refuse to buy encrypted/DRM items. And those customers would be returning those items anyway, if they bought them before realizing they were DAZ Connect only.

ETA: Of course, that doesn't help when the customer follows a link on a sales page that goes directly to the product page...

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 798

http://www.daz3d.com/fw-nadine-hd-for-victoria-7 Release Date: 2016-06-26 link is wrong as it includes the word Release and a prior space.

BTW thanks for the list! Just going through to see how many I grabbed without releasing it!

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677
    nicstt said:
    Havos said:

Looks like there is another new one to add to the list:

http://www.daz3d.com/fw-nadine-hd-for-victoria-7

As normal it is heavily discounted, with a price under 4$ if you buy one of today's releases.

Impossible to discount DRMed products enough.

I'll buy it for free.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    JazzyBear said:

http://www.daz3d.com/fw-nadine-hd-for-victoria-7 Release Date: 2016-06-26 link is wrong as it includes the word Release and a prior space.

BTW thanks for the list! Just going through to see how many I grabbed without releasing it!

Thank you very much - I corrected that link.

The title of the thread stays as it is, as Daz3d is calling it "Encrypted Content" and everybody around here knows what it is about.

• argel1200argel1200 Posts: 757
    edited June 2016
    Kerya said:

The title of the thread stays as it is, as Daz3d is calling it "Encrypted Content" and everybody around here knows what it is about.

There are scripts sold here that are encrypted but are not DRM'd and do not require 4.9 or higher. The title should indicate this thread is for DAZ Connect encrypted items.

Post edited by argel1200 on
  • lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    argel1200 said:
    Kerya said:

There are scripts sold here that are encrypted but are not DRM'd and do not require 4.9 or higher. The title should indicate this thread is for DAZ Connect encrypted items.

We all know what Encrypted Content refers to. All this arguing over a thread name really isn't needed.

Get Your Daz Connect Encrypted Content Here Thread

• rippme99rippme99 Posts: 21

Every once in a while I check the forums to see if Daz3d finally dropped DRM so I can buy here again.

Thank you for the list it makes it really easy to figure out they still trying to shoehorn people into buying DRMed stuff.

• Finally, someone said what I've been meaning to for some time now. It wouldn't matter if DAZ removed Connect or if someone chooses to disable it, since the encryption and decryption of files is and has been in the actual DAZ Studio application for years.
  • Daz does not label the content as "encrypted" - it is labelled, accurately and comprehensively, as "Encrypted Daz Connect".

Sorry - renamed the thread again to: Get Your Encrypted Daz Connect Content Here Thread

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

The files are already encrypted, Studio and Connect do not encrypt them, Studio just decrypts them.

It's just a matter of words ... this thread is for warnings ... ehm ... information about new "Encrypted Daz Connect" products.

We don't want the thread closed because of nitpicking about the title, do we?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794
    edited June 2016

Since I have now given up on getting that postgreysquirrel to work altogether, even if I choose items that only work in DS and maybe exported to iClone I certainly do not want connect only things I cannot open so very much appreciate this thread too.

I have no issue per se with DRM but if the DRM and or encryption stops me using content its a no brainer I cannot buy it.

I use DS4.7 as well as the beta and Valentina works perfectly well in DS4.7 so My content is still smart just not that smart cheeky

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited June 2016
    Sad said:

Since I have now given up on getting that postgreysquirrel to work altogether, even if I choose items that only work in DS and maybe exported to iClone I certainly do not want connect only things I cannot open so very much appreciate this thread too.

I have no issue per se with DRM but if the DRM and or encryption stops me using content its a no brainer I cannot buy it.

I use DS4.7 as well as the beta and Valentina works perfectly well in DS4.7 so My content is still smart just not that smart cheeky

what postgreysquirrel? did I miss a squirrel sale?

My only comment on daz connect.. is that it means I won't be buying it.. other than that I have already made my strong feelings known about this issue so I'm not going to bring up all those hard feeling again.

But seriously did I miss a new gray squirrel release. was it daz connect only maybe thats why I may have passed it over...lol

Post edited by Ivy on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794

PostgreSQL 

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153

OH....(Blush) Ha Ha Ha ..

Dang I thought I missed a new Daz squirrel or something :)

lx said:

Added - if somebody sees a change I will delete them again ...

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    lx said:

And if not an error, also not introduced at a 'crazy' price...