Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser

Comments

• edited December 1969

everything installs ok genesis loads up , BUT then everything stops or really slows down, I cant get into pose files , lights cameras etc

I have poser 9 sr3 on a 32bit pc

any advice

• digitelldigitell Posts: 558
    edited December 1969

Finally figured out my problem and now have Genesis in me Poser! Thanks so much for making this Possible Daz and SM!! This is great!

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

greyson5 said:
    everything installs ok genesis loads up , BUT then everything stops or really slows down, I cant get into pose files , lights cameras etc

any advice

Try turning off the subdivision until you're ready to render.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

If I buy the H3, A3, V3 and M3 shapes for Genesis and use the DSON utiltiy inside Poser Pro 2012, will I be able to use their conforming clothes for them in Poser ?

No, that is autofit functionality that's only in DS. However you could do the autofit conversion in DS4.5, then save the clothing as .duf and create the Poser companion files.

• edited December 1969

greyson5 said:

any advice

sorry that didnt work, once I load in genesis I cant access anything else pose, props etc

edited October 2012

I have a question please. Now when I buy something for Genesis..can I download the item into my Poser runtime just like I normally do or do I have to load it into DS and then bring it over somehow?? I have some things I want to buy but am afraid of how to load it. Thank you :)

Post edited by digitell on
  • peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

Poser has been added to DAZ Studio version 4.5.1.6 Where can I find this 4.5.1.6? My Itemized list shows 4.5.0.137 as the Beta file...that is the latest version I can find. Also, will Reality 2.5 work in the 4.5.1.6 version? Thank you.

edited December 1969

digitell said:
    This is so great! I installed the Importer and the Essentials..and I restarted Poser but I do not see how to import items into Poser? How does it work? I chose to look at the readme file after the installation of importer but a Daz Documentation Center PAGE NOT FOUND error came up..so I cannot read how to use it. Anyone know where there are instructions for using this? Thanks in advance! :)

The Readme links to it. Here it is, so you don't have to go looking for it though. :) http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/start
    Thank you very much BTLProductions! Much obliged! :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:

any advice

sorry that didnt work, once I load in genesis I cant access anything else pose, props etc

Is it just Poser that won't respond, or is the whole system busy?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:
    Poser has been added to DAZ Studio version 4.5.1.6 Where can I find this 4.5.1.6? My Itemized list shows 4.5.0.137 as the Beta file...that is the latest version I can find. Also, will Reality 2.5 work in the 4.5.1.6 version? Thank you.

It's not Poser that has been added, but the action for converting and creating Poser companion files (should you want to use something that hasn't yet been updated in the store, or that you made yourself). See this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9471/

• edited October 2012

greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:

any advice

Is it just Poser that won't respond, or is the whole system busy?

I managed to change to basic female on the dials & do a basic render, but when I try to access anyother libraies , Nothing

Post edited by ludus210-manica_3cb56d3397 on
  • rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

First, Thank you Daz, sorry for all the cr@p I gave you on getting Genesis for Poser.

Now I had a problem now installing, the DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.9_Mac64 went in with no problem. But 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx & 14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.1_dpc gets errors:

There has been an error.
    Error running osascript -e "POSIX path of (path to applications folder from user domain)" : 2012-10-12 08:33:58.914 osascript[83021:60b] Error loading /Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/QXPScriptingAdditions: dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/QXPScriptingAdditions, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
    /Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/QXPScriptingAdditions: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
    osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax" declares no loadable handlers.
    15:59: execution error: Folder does not exist, and you don't have access privileges to create it. (-5000)

Im running on a Mac OS X 10.6.8

ANy one know what to do?

Screen_shot_2012.jpg
    600 x 832 - 211K
    edited December 1969

Here is a quick-n-dirty animation test of the Genesis figure in Poser with an aniBlock import.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NASJ4YvDI2U&feature=youtu.be

• edited December 1969

ken1171 said:
    I have installed the plugin in PP2012 SR-3.1 x64, and the Python scripts work without errors, but Genesis and all contents loaded from that runtime leave me with an empty scene. Poser claims the figure has been loaded and the name shows at the top, but I see no figure. I have installed the "Genesis Starter Essential for Poser", adding it as an external runtime in Poser. I have also installed the DS package. I don't get any errors when I load Genesis (or anything else from that runtime), but there is nothing on the scene.

I have followed the tutorials by the book, but I suspect this has something to do with *where* I have to install the "starter essential" files. The Poser version was installed at an external runtime, and then linked to Poser.

I need some help here.

What is the path to the external runtime?

Genesis Starter Essential for Poser --> L:\DSON\Runtime\
    Poser Pro 2012 --> L:\Poser Pro 2012\
    My main runtime --> L:\Poser 7\Runtime\

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Any idea if GenX will updated to work with the poser version?

There's no need for an update to GenX. The morphs created by GenX are loaded directly with Genesis when it is imported into Poser. To apply the DUF shaping presets generated by GenX to Genesis, I made a small script to load DSON files without Poser companion files. (The script can be downloaded here: DSON Loader.) However, the morph transfer itself will require DS, because GenX is a DS plugin.

edited December 1969

ken1171 said:
    ken1171 said:
    I have installed the plugin in PP2012 SR-3.1 x64, and the Python scripts work without errors, but Genesis and all contents loaded from that runtime leave me with an empty scene. Poser claims the figure has been loaded and the name shows at the top, but I see no figure. I have installed the "Genesis Starter Essential for Poser", adding it as an external runtime in Poser. I have also installed the DS package. I don't get any errors when I load Genesis (or anything else from that runtime), but there is nothing on the scene.

I have followed the tutorials by the book, but I suspect this has something to do with *where* I have to install the "starter essential" files. The Poser version was installed at an external runtime, and then linked to Poser.

I need some help here.

I had this problem too last night...I found that my problem what there are 2 "Genesis Starter Essential for Poser" files to install and I had only installed 1 of them. Not sure if this is your problem or not but I am thinking it may be..
    So there are actually 3 files you need to install into Poser..the Importer itself and 2 "Genesis Starter Essential for Poser" files.
    Hope this helps you!!

• azoohouseazoohouse Posts: 660
    edited December 1969

Don't know if this will help anyone - I was trying to figure out how to know which items have been updated.

This is a list in alphabetical order of the 96 items showing right now

A3 and H3 Shapes for Genesis
    A4 and H4 for Genesis
    Abominable
    Alruna
    Beasts and Brutes
    Bella Hair
    Benjamin for M5
    Buccaneer Basic for Genesis
    Casual Surf Wear for Genesis
    Chelsea Hair
    Clothing Cleavage Modifier
    Dark Priest Poses for M5
    David 3 for Genesis
    DragonLord for Genesis
    Eastern Riding Wear
    Easy Going Poses for Michael 5
    Elven Dress for Genesis
    Elven Hair for Genesis
    Ethnicity for Genesis Bundle
    Ethnicity for Genesis: African
    Ethnicity for Genesis: Asian
    Ethnicity for Genesis: Native American
    Expressive for Genesis
    Fantasy Shapes for Genesis
    Feminine Touch for Genesis
    Feminine Touch for Genesis
    G4 and F4 for Genesis
    Gabi for V5
    Gen 3 Iconic Shapes for Genesis
    Genesis Bikini
    Genesis Body Morph Resource Kit 1
    Genesis Creature Creator Bodies
    Genesis Creature Creator Bundle
    Genesis Creature Creator Heads
    Genesis Evolution: Body Morphs
    Genesis Evolution: Head Morphs
    Genesis Evolution: Morph Bundle
    Genesis Evolution: Muscularity
    Genesis Head Morph Resource Kit 1
    Genesis Head Morph Resource Kit 2
    Genesis Head Morph Resource Kit 3
    Genesis Ranger
    Genesis Starter Bundle
    GOM Genesis Male Morphs
    Hampton Hair
    Handsome Head Morphs for Genesis
    Handy for Genesis
    James for M5
    Knights and Knaves for Genesis
    M5 Casual Male
    M5 Photographic Poses
    Magna Hart for Genesis
    Manly Men M5
    Medieval Male Peasant Clothing for Genesis
    Men of Character II
    Michael 5
    Michael 5 3D Model Pro Suite
    Michael 5 Pro Bundle
    Morphing Fantasy Dress for Genesis
    Night Guardians
    Outland Marauder for Genesis
    Pajamas for Michael 5
    Pin Up Poses for V5
    Poke-Away!
    Posed for Victoria 5
    Preppy for Genesis
    Princess
    Pure Hair Bubblegum
    Pure Hair Casual
    Pure Hair Classic
    Pure Hair Nightlife
    Pure Hair: Sleek
    Pyrit Hair
    Reby Sky for Genesis
    SciFi Bunny For Genesis
    Scoopback Mini Dress for Genesis
    Sexy Silky For Genesis
    Starla Hair
    Stephanie 3 and FREAK Shapes for Genesis
    Stephanie 4 for Genesis
    Street Mage For Genesis
    SWOLE for Genesis
    Tori for V5
    Town and Country for Genesis
    Trixy Hair for Genesis
    Troll for Genesis
    V3 and M3 Shapes for Genesis
    V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis
    Victoria 5
    Victoria 5 3D Model Pro Suite
    Victoria 5 Elite Ponytail Hair
    Victoria 5 Pro Bundle
    Victoria 5 Starter Bundle
    Wicked Dance Fevah
    Wicked Fairytale Morphs
    Zac Hair

Very helpful, thank you, you're awesome! :-) Hopefully, this list will get updated with the coming additions by someone and become a sticky!!!

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

Any idea if GenX will updated to work with the poser version?

There's no need for an update to GenX. The morphs created by GenX are loaded directly with Genesis when it is imported into Poser. To apply the DUF shaping presets generated by GenX to Genesis, I made a small script to load DSON files without Poser companion files. (The script can be downloaded here: DSON Loader.) However, the morph transfer itself will require DS, because GenX is a DS plugin.

You are AWESOME!! Has anyone told you lately that you ROCK!!? If not let me be the first to do so. Thanks for sharing this python script.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Jepe said:
    Jepe said:
    Jepe said:
    How can I set/change the Default UV of Genesis for Poser? So far it loads fine into Poser but only with the V4 UV, I don't need that, I want M4 UV.
    Any hints?

If you apply a preset using one of the other mapping the UVs will be changed - I don't think there's currently a way to change them directly.

No, that's not working unfortunately, Genesis still has V4 UVs, even after applying M4 Presets.

I loaded the Basic female, applied the Sample Jeremy preset and textures seem to lack seams so it's working here (and I also did some more testing earlier with the same result, but I don't have renders).

Well, you should have said that I have to apply the MC6 file of Sample Jeremy (the one and only M4 UV as far as I could see) first to change the UV of Genesis (for dummies like me! lol), bu it works now, Genesis changes the UV with that Sample file.
    Thanks a lot for your help!UV switching is a tougher thing to do, after the fact, we had to use the same tactic we used for Carrara 8.5.

• amulackamulack Posts: 11
    edited October 2012

Hi,

I get already this error message. Can someone help me?

Thanks!

error2.jpg
    501 x 206 - 33K
    error.jpg
    506 x 208 - 28K
    Post edited by amulack on
    edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:

It's not Poser that has been added, but the action for converting and creating Poser companion files (should you want to use something that hasn't yet been updated in the store, or that you made yourself). See this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9471/

Thank you for the link.

• ammon_fde0d92863ammon_fde0d92863 Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:
    Here is a quick-n-dirty animation test of the Genesis figure in Poser with an aniBlock import.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NASJ4YvDI2U&feature=youtu.be

Love it.

edited December 1969

And another question. Will we be able to use Gen4 clothing on genesis within Poser? Or should we resort to the WW plugin?
    Unless PhilC updates his Genesis shape, that won't work. I am not even sure that would be possible, but I have learned not to underestimate PhilC. :)

Currently the only way to use Mil4 clothing on Genesis is through Autofit in DS. You can save Genesis with the converted clothing. Follow the conversion instructions in the docs and you can then open in Poser.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited October 2012

I installed the updated Genesis Starter Essentials in S:\DAZStudio\My Library as with the previous versions, and DSON suggested linking to that library per default so I did that. I can only see the Starter Essentials files in Poser though, despite there is other Genesis content in some of the folders, which is visible in DS: Will that other content become visible in Poser if it is updated to DSON format?

Post edited by Taoz on
  • WitchStormWitchStorm Posts: 186
    edited December 1969

OK. I went through DSON ALL, and re-set my downloads that he had on his page that I had bought. Most of them don't have the DSON part to them yet. I checked the last night or very early this morning. To excited to sleep. Will they be checked to see of all the parts are there. Cause I still can't get them to work in Poser 9.

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

amulack said:
    Hi,

I get already this error message. Can someone help me?

Thanks!

From your screen shot, you're using the German version of Poser. As far as I know, it has SR2 only. DSON importer requires SR3 for Poser.

edited December 1969

digitell said:
    Ah..yep that is the instructions I found that I followed..my figures are there in my library and the script is showing up there as it should in my Script Menu..and it seems to be loading Genesis when I try to load...but the figure itself is not visible in my workspace..:( Any thoughts on what may be wrong?
    There. Is a Runtime directory in the folder that the Genesis Starter Essentials was installed to. Please make sure that Runtime is mapped in your Poser 9/2012 SR3 Library Pallet.
    edited December 1969

I want to apologize to those I answered twice. I lost my place in the thread when I woke up this morning. :)

edited December 1969

digitell said:
    Ah..yep that is the instructions I found that I followed..my figures are there in my library and the script is showing up there as it should in my Script Menu..and it seems to be loading Genesis when I try to load...but the figure itself is not visible in my workspace..:( Any thoughts on what may be wrong?
    There. Is a Runtime directory in the folder that the Genesis Starter Essentials was installed to. Please make sure that Runtime is mapped in your Poser 9/2012 SR3 Library Pallet. I found the problem..I saw that there are actually 2 files of the Genesis Starter Essentials to install and I had only installed 1 of them. Thank you so much for trying to help me! :) Its all good now :)
  • edited December 1969

digitell said:
    ken1171 said:
    ken1171 said:

I need some help here.

I had this problem too last night...I found that my problem what there are 2 "Genesis Starter Essential for Poser" files to install and I had only installed 1 of them. Not sure if this is your problem or not but I am thinking it may be..
    So there are actually 3 files you need to install into Poser..the Importer itself and 2 "Genesis Starter Essential for Poser" files.
    Hope this helps you!!

I have figured it out! I actually installed both packages, so that was not what went wrong in my case. What happened was that I was installing (as you can see from my post above) the packages for Poser and DS at different folders, and now I understand they BOTH must be installed in the SAME folder, so that the runtime directories in both coincide in place. By doing this and THEN adding the runtime folder to Poser Pro 2012, NOW things work as expected.

I wish such things would be mentioned in the installation instructions, so that I could get this right on the 1st try. What set me off course was that one of the companion installs was meant for DS4, so I assumed it must be installed where DS4 resides, which is NOT the case if we want this to work.

Wow, I am exhausted now. Have been trying to fix this since last night and went to bed really late.

But the fun begins NOW! :D

This discussion has been closed.