• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

Nester751 said:
    Go Figure said:
    Very cool stuff DAZ

Gregorius said:
    I keep getting this "mainWacros" window when I open PP12 SR3:

An errror occurred importing addon dson :
    ERROR: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

ERROR: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Plus, I've installed the Starter content, but there's nothing new in my library yet.

Any ideas? I'm looking forward to toying around with Genesis in Poser!

For those that are getting these dll load failed errors, but are sure they installed right, I think you may want to install one or both of the following and report if it fixes it for you for the benefit of all:
    - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328
    - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523

Am testing this... seems to load without error after updating. Thank you for the tip. Haven't yet tried the dson script, bu no error at load on a Win 7 64 bit machine after doing this... Thanks again :) Crosses fingers that the script works.

I just tried this...installing the vcredist_x86.exe fixed both the DSON and Aniblock importer! Thanks for quoting this here--I missed it trying to read everything else!

• Nester751Nester751 Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

Salem2007 said:
    ok--I've done a fresh install of Poser 9, ran the SR3 update, installed both genesis essential files, and the 32bit DSON importer.
    I an running windows 7, 64 bit...

I get the dll failed to load (similar to what others are seeing) on the start up of Poser:

ERROR: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

and these types of messages when I try to run the Scripts:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "H:\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\DSON Support\Importer Preferences....py", line 2, in
    import dson;
    File "H:\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\addons\dson\__init__.py", line 3, in
    import dson.dzdsonimporter
    ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

I had the same problem with the Aniblock Importer for Poser, but was not able to resolve it.
    My Poser 9 is not installed in my Program Files...I installed to a seperate location, but installed everything in the same folder (ie H:/Poser 9)

Is everyone having this problem running Windows 7, 64bit?

Ok. I was having the same problem. I have Windows 7, 64 bit. I used the 32 bit for Poser 9. I have it on an external hard drive. I have the Poser 9 folder. Then there is the Poser 9 Content folder. I put the DSON Importer for Poser in the Poser 9 folder. The others I put in the Poser 9 Content folder. Now it works.

For me I had to create an external Poser runtime for the Daz Studio Content. It wouldn't run in the shared content folder....

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    edited December 1969

Nath said:
    In the first post it says "Yes, an action to convert files for use in the DSON Importer for Poser has been added to DAZ Studio version 4.5.1.6 ", which sounds great, but when I try to update Studio, I get version 4.5.0.114... is 4.5.1.6 not out yet, or ....?

See if there are more files on the next page, or just "buy" it again here: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/daz-studio-4-pro

Re-"buying" got me the right version thx! Now off to work and see if it all goes smooth tonight (never will a Friday in the office go so slow :smirk: )

• WitchStormWitchStorm Posts: 186
    edited December 1969

Will there be a list somewhere, that let's us know what items for Genesis, has been redone for Poser?

• jsmith1971jsmith1971 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm looking forward to seeing how this works out (hopefully Daz won't have to call the Orkin Man) though after all the disappointments over the last year I'll take a wait and see position.

One question - forgive me if it's been asked (my eyes started to blur after the 9th page):

If I open a figure file in Studio and convert it for export would I then be able to open it in Poser? I ask this since I bought a figure that said it was compatible with poser (of course it wasn't) and isn't on the DSON list.

• ketthroveketthrove Posts: 63
    edited October 2012

ssgbryan said:
    Ok, now that I have this installed, I have the following question:

I unzipped content into a temp folder and I have the following folders:

aniBlocks
    Animals
    Camera Presets
    data
    DAZ Studio Tutorials
    Light Presets
    People
    Props
    Runtime
    Scenes
    Shader Presets

As a Poser user, is there any reason for me to keep any folder NOT labeled Runtime?

Materials - can I go ahead and run Netherworks Batch Material against the Pose folder & get material collections?

I'll have more questions later.

The simple answer is yes some of the other folders are essential to it working correctly in Poser. You'll find Genesis will not load if you remove the wrong folder, "data" being absolutely essential to be located next to Runtime.

Post edited by ketthrove on
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
    edited October 2012

ketthrove said:
    The simple answer is yes some of the other folders are essential to it working correctly in Poser. You'll find Genesis will not load if you remove the wrong folder, "data" being absolutely essential to be located next to Runtime.

What he said...the data folder especially since the genesis morph info is in that folder. _Removed because I was wrong_ the answer is you need them all....

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • NetherworksNetherworks Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:
    Ok, now that I have this installed, I have the following question:

Materials - can I go ahead and run Netherworks Batch Material against the Pose folder & get material collections?

I'll have more questions later.

Probably. I'd copy them to a new folder instead of move them just to be sure. As long as there aren't any .duf files it should be okay but I only see those for the actual poses.

Wish I could check for sure. Still fighting with this install.

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited October 2012

Okay I won't have most of the rest of my genesis specific content until tomorrow or maybe even later, but here is genesis basic male in Poser.

I used the Angelo skin texture and eye color.

edit to add: That's an M4 Pose.

dsongenesisposer.jpg
    907 x 652 - 80K
    Post edited by griffon_e3f1dc9370 on
  • edited December 1969

I have installed the plugin in PP2012 SR-3.1 x64, and the Python scripts work without errors, but Genesis and all contents loaded from that runtime leave me with an empty scene. Poser claims the figure has been loaded and the name shows at the top, but I see no figure. I have installed the "Genesis Starter Essential for Poser", adding it as an external runtime in Poser. I have also installed the DS package. I don't get any errors when I load Genesis (or anything else from that runtime), but there is nothing on the scene.

I have followed the tutorials by the book, but I suspect this has something to do with *where* I have to install the "starter essential" files. The Poser version was installed at an external runtime, and then linked to Poser.

I need some help here.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

No time to go through 19 pages right now. Sorry...

I got M5 and V5 on a disc from 3D Artist magazine. Is there something that I need to do to get them updated? that's all I got on the disc I think. I bought the Evolution morphs bundle here, and other things.

Dana

• DAZ_BrianDAZ_Brian Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

Will there be a list somewhere, that let's us know what items for Genesis, has been redone for Poser?

Visit THIS category

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

I got M5 and V5 on a disc from 3D Artist magazine. Is there something that I need to do to get them updated? that's all I got on the disc I think. I bought the Evolution morphs bundle here, and other things.

Dana

You may need to send in an support ticket so they can put the pack in your account etc (may have to show proof of purchase of that magazine (though not positive what they will ask for exactly) but I am fairly certain in the past that support has managed it so you could get the updates etc if you contact them.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all

Jay_NOLA's list of updated Genesis content (see my sig for the link) will be updated to indicate which products are Poser-compatible, but that'll take a few days.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the render, Sunfire

edited December 1969

I'm looking forward to seeing how this works out (hopefully Daz won't have to call the Orkin Man) though after all the disappointments over the last year I'll take a wait and see position.

One question - forgive me if it's been asked (my eyes started to blur after the 9th page):

If I open a figure file in Studio and convert it for export would I then be able to open it in Poser? I ask this since I bought a figure that said it was compatible with poser (of course it wasn't) and isn't on the DSON list.

You should -- what is it, and is it in .duf format?

edited December 1969

ken1171 said:
    I have installed the plugin in PP2012 SR-3.1 x64, and the Python scripts work without errors, but Genesis and all contents loaded from that runtime leave me with an empty scene. Poser claims the figure has been loaded and the name shows at the top, but I see no figure. I have installed the "Genesis Starter Essential for Poser", adding it as an external runtime in Poser. I have also installed the DS package. I don't get any errors when I load Genesis (or anything else from that runtime), but there is nothing on the scene.

I have followed the tutorials by the book, but I suspect this has something to do with *where* I have to install the "starter essential" files. The Poser version was installed at an external runtime, and then linked to Poser.

I need some help here.

What is the path to the external runtime?

• Mary WilliamsMary Williams Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

Still waiting on an answer to that, too, Dana. I went and tracked down my disc so I was 100% sure, but I've got V4/M4 shapes for Genesis from an ImagineFX DVD. I'm wondering if anything was changed/updated, or if they're just in the category because they're something we can use with the Importer.

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

I just read this on page 19 Hope this helps a little :-)

DanaTA said:

Dana

You may need to send in an support ticket so they can put the pack in your account etc (may have to show proof of purchase of that magazine (though not positive what they will ask for exactly) but I am fairly certain in the past that support has managed it so you could get the updates etc if you contact them.

• Mary WilliamsMary Williams Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Oooh. Awesomeness! (Sorry I missed that!!)

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,178
    edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    Somebody might want to fix the M5 Pro Bundle. I've reset my downloads and found there are now two Mac copies of the Benjamin for M5 Poser Companion file but no PC version of same. Could be problematic, that.

New resets/downloads for that product should be fixed now. You may still see two items titled "Benjamin for M5 - Poser Companion - Mac" but one of them should actually provide the PC (13885_BenjaminM5PoserCF_1.3_dpc.exe) version. I'll mention it to Web in the morning, to see what can be done to correct the mislabeled item.

-Rob

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all/ 58% off for Plat Club members if I am doing my math right...

• NetherworksNetherworks Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

No just make a new runtime in Poser Pro 2012 and direct it the the runtime in the Daz content folder make sure you installed the 14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6_dpc there to

Well, thanks for trying to help but its still coming up invisible.

It looks like all the structure is in there that is needed like the data folders and whatnot, it's just not connecting here. What's weird is that it is caching a DSON folder with generated geometry and pmd files and looking at the .obj it IS genesis. Just doesn't show up in Poser.

• pcicconepciccone Posts: 661
    edited December 1969

LadySythe said:
    So, no PP2010? :( Well fierfek!

Ah well... I downloaded the files anyway. I need a new 1T drive before I can even think of PP2012...or any rendering

The plugin depends on the new Add-on framework that Smith Micro and I designed for Reality 3 for Poser. This framework was released in the SR3 of Poser 2012. Prior the introduction of the add-on framework there was no support for auto-loading of plugins and no support for many "hooks" in the Poser scene. For example, the new add-on framework notifies a registered plug-in when an object is added, renamed or removed. This is used by the DSON plugin to trigger the loader for the .duf files. So, there is really no way to make this happening for previous versions of Poser because the hookups are simply not there.

Hope this helps

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all/ 58% off for Plat Club members if I am doing my math right...

So this is why all the stuff that had been 70% off and was supposed to be on sale until 12th has been taken off sale.

edited December 1969

Hmm... some things that I'm already missing, Bad Guy for Genesis, David Elite for M5, M5 Elite Hair...

I really should find a better way keep track of all my genesis purchases.

• AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481
    edited December 1969

Pret-A-3D said:
    LadySythe said:
    So, no PP2010? :( Well fierfek!

Ah well... I downloaded the files anyway. I need a new 1T drive before I can even think of PP2012...or any rendering

The plugin depends on the new Add-on framework that Smith Micro and I designed for Reality 3 for Poser. This framework was released in the SR3 of Poser 2012. Prior the introduction of the add-on framework there was no support for auto-loading of plugins and no support for many "hooks" in the Poser scene. For example, the new add-on framework notifies a registered plug-in when an object is added, renamed or removed. This is used by the DSON plugin to trigger the loader for the .duf files. So, there is really no way to make this happening for previous versions of Poser because the hookups are simply not there.

Hope this helps

Nice, Paolo :-)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

What department should I select for this? Sales?

Dana

edited December 1969

Something else, as to why Poser 9 and Poser Pro 2012 is required. Previous versions of Poser do not support any kind of weight mapping. Genesis is weight mapped.

This discussion has been closed.