Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser

Comments

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

digitell said:
    I installed both the Importer and the Genesis Starter Essentials.

OK when I installed initially, I got this same error where Genesis was invisible and it was because I installed the content part (genesis etc) into the Poser Runtime structure under Program Files (as I have all my content installed there) but it won't work if you install it there even if all your other content is there and working. It has to be in an external Runtime (any will do or use either Poser's new My Docs place or DS4's which I think is default) and then add that as a new Content Directory in Poser. If not, you will get invisible Genesis.

This should step you through everything:
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_installation_requirements/tutorials/dson_installation/startOn a windows machine the importer does not have permission to write to C:\Program Files and can't get that permission.

• edited October 2012

RAW Port

Sniz this baby!

Ok, no fur, but the coversion shouldn't be hard.

Post edited by darkguyver1994_a1285f4265 on
  • Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited October 2012

adzan said:
    Mari-Anne said:
    Can someone please verify that this version is, in fact, SR 3 for Poser 2012:

I am downloading the Genesis Starter Essentials and Win 7 won't let me eject my harddrive so I can check my other harddrive where I have my downloads stored (hope that makes sense).

yep thats the version of SR3 that I have

Yep it is.

If you are having some issues, please double check what I said above as it caused me all sorts of problems at first.

Nope, no issues yet. But then I am just in the downloading stage....keeping my fingers crossed!

Post edited by Mari-Anne on
  • andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

OH...so only DSON Genesis clothing will fit the Poser Genesis?

I tried loading the V4 shape and then adding some V4 clothing. That was a catastrophe. V4 clothing doesn't work on the V4 Genesis body shape?? I had hoped that DSON would have transferred rigging to the clothing (since basically that is what happens in the Poser setup room these does; is that what I have to do to get it to fit??)

If only DSON Genesis clothing works on this, it's usefulness is low for me, since there are only a handful of expensive (except the PC items) clothing in the store. :-(

There are also a fair number of freebies, and some Prime items at Rendo (as well as some full price items). Any DS4 Genessi clothing can be made to work, by the creator or - if a copy of DS 4.5 is available - by the end user. I haven't tried saving an AutoFitted Gen 4 item and generating a conmpanion file for it, but it won't work in Poser (unless PhilC's Wardrobe Wizard Plugin works - and I would think it would, since the figure's rigging is the same as the exported CR2).

That's more encouraging. So will, let's say, SickleYield's Genesis clothing over at RMP work on Poser Genesis out of the box? I'm clueless in DS4Pro and would have no idea how to "make it work" in DS4Pro and then bring it into Poser.

So, I'm assuming that with PhilC's Wardrobe Wizard, the process would be:
    (1) Convert clothing to Genesis
    (2) Bring clothing into Poser & conform to Genesis
    (3) Apply a morph to Genesis (like V4)
    (4) Use the included DSON Python script to transfer the morphs to the clothing.

Does that sound correct? If so, that's reasonably feasible.PhilC's Wardrobe Wizard uses the rig from Genesis exported as a CR2 from DAZ Studio. This is not going to work with the DSON Importer. Granted PhilC may update his Genesis rig, but as of right now I don't believe he has.

I may have another solution for you, but I want to be absolutely sure it works first.

Cool. I hope so.

I tried a different route of pulling in an OBJ for V4. I brought it into the Poser Setup room and then tried to apply the Genesis rigging. As expected, Poser freaked out and crashed on that one. I could not get it to transfer the rigging from Genesis to the OBJ. It was worth a try. If this is something that I *should* have been able to do, you guys may want to mention it. If it's a Poser thing, lemme know and I can contact my SM peeps directly.

edited December 1969

I am using Poser 9 Pro. 64 bit. And, I can't get Genesis to work. So, what am I doing wrong?
    Poser 9 doesn't come in 64 bit, you have to use the 32 bit installer even though you may be on a 64 bit machine.
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

digitell said:
    I installed both the Importer and the Genesis Starter Essentials.

OK when I installed initially, I got this same error where Genesis was invisible and it was because I installed the content part (genesis etc) into the Poser Runtime structure under Program Files (as I have all my content installed there) but it won't work if you install it there even if all your other content is there and working. It has to be in an external Runtime (any will do or use either Poser's new My Docs place or DS4's which I think is default) and then add that as a new Content Directory in Poser. If not, you will get invisible Genesis.

This should step you through everything:
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_installation_requirements/tutorials/dson_installation/start

On a windows machine the importer does not have permission to write to C:\Program Files and can't get that permission.

Some people use their Runtime from within Program Files like I do so it is where you would think to install it. Me and Barb both have our content under program files and always have, so that was where we initially installed to. Was just more warning people if they did like we did, it won't work. Though I didn't know why. Just that it doesn't. Thanks for explaining the why :)

• WitchStormWitchStorm Posts: 186
    edited October 2012

I am using Poser 9 Pro. 64 bit. And, I can't get Genesis to work. So, what am I doing wrong?
    Poser 9 doesn't come in 64 bit, you have to use the 32 bit installer even though you may be on a 64 bit machine.

I got that part figured put. Since it is listed as MAC or WIN. Thanks for the help. Now to see if this helps me. Will be back soon.

Ok. I got SR3 and put it in Poser. I hope this works. Do we need to put the trx in it to?

Post edited by WitchStorm on
  • edited October 2012

My first render. Needs fur, but holy cow. The potential is AWESOME!

DAZ, you have my thumbs up for the first time in a LONG time! KUDDOS!

YoSniz!.jpg
    777 x 759 - 21K
    Post edited by darkguyver1994_a1285f4265 on
    edited December 1969

Cool. I hope so.

I tried a different route of pulling in an OBJ for V4. I brought it into the Poser Setup room and then tried to apply the Genesis rigging. As expected, Poser freaked out and crashed on that one. I could not get it to transfer the rigging from Genesis to the OBJ. It was worth a try. If this is something that I *should* have been able to do, you guys may want to mention it. If it's a Poser thing, lemme know and I can contact my SM peeps directly.

That is not going to work, because Poser does not understand the Tri-Ax (Genesis) Rig outside of the plug-in.

As of right now the only way to rig clothing for Genesis is in DAZ Studio.

Now if the clothing you want to use is for something that autofit works with and you are willing to use DAZ Studio, then you can autofit it, save the clothing on genesis as a scene, follow the docs on how to prepare a DUF for use in Poser and convert the scene. You can then load Genesis and the clothing into Poser and it will work as expected.

• ImariImari Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

Gahhhhh, I've just come from the store and have a headache from trying to figure out what I need to buy to get started with Genesis in Poser. I'm so confused... Is there an "essentials" list? Some base set of figures... or something... necessary to load and use V5 and M5? Are V5 and M5 basically "morphs" of the Genesis unisex figure, like the Elite figures were to the Gen4 figures? Someone please make bundles for those of us who are late to the party... or at least a nice comprehensive list. Thanks.

If someone replies and I don;t answer right away to say thantk, it's because I;ve gone for aspirin... and maybe a drink.

Post edited by Imari on
    edited December 1969

OK. I'm still error message. What am I doing wrong.

Untitled-3.jpg
    1004 x 482 - 45K
  • ArchWorksArchWorks Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

i cant get it O_o it's saying this The maximum quantity allowed for purchase is 1. even though i havent bought it yet...

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Arch_Clan said:
    i cant get it O_o it's saying this The maximum quantity allowed for purchase is 1. even though i havent bought it yet...

Make sure you're logged in, and add something else to the cart. Then both should appear and you can delete the second item.

• bearbear Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Arch_Clan said:

same here the store wont let me put it in my cart :(

edited December 1969

Did you install both the GSE Core and the GSE Poser Companion Files? What is the full install path?

edited December 1969

Did you install both the GSE Core and the GSE Poser Companion Files? What is the full install path?

Yes I put both in Poser. F:Poser 9

Untitled-4.jpg
    926 x 136 - 30K
    edited December 1969

And both the Data and Runtime folders are directly under "F:Poser 9"?

edited December 1969

And both the Data and Runtime folders are directly under "F:Poser 9"?

Yes. Both are there. I am un-installing right now. Then re-installing. Will see what happens next.

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Grr, this is getting really annoying go to reply to something or even load a webpage here and get errors instead of page so you have to reload and the replies are lost.

Anyway... With the things I reset, I've got the Poser Companion file, a DSON core file, and a Legacy file, what do I need in order for the product to work in Poser? Is the legacy file for like pre 4.5 versions of DS?

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

I'd like to see more renders, please

Can anybody show how blending of different shapes is working in Poser so far? The more the merrier :)

• s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

This is great - now I can have the best of both worlds.

Am looking forward to getting the chance to play with this. :)

And going through the list of products I already bought in anticipation of this day to reset and get the new files. :) Fun times ahead!

• andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:

Can anybody show how blending of different shapes is working in Poser so far? The more the merrier :)

It's really pretty straightforward. The individual shapes (like V4, G4, A4, etc.) just come in as full body morph dials. You dial it like you normally would in the body of the figure. Scaling does work.

For some reason, Poser runs much more slowly with Genesis loaded.

edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    Grr, this is getting really annoying go to reply to something or even load a webpage here and get errors instead of page so you have to reload and the replies are lost.

Anyway... With the things I reset, I've got the Poser Companion file, a DSON core file, and a Legacy file, what do I need in order for the product to work in Poser? Is the legacy file for like pre 4.5 versions of DS?

Yes, legacy is for DS 4.0.3, for Poser you need the DSON core file and the Poser Companion File.

edited December 1969

Kattey said:

It's really pretty straightforward. The individual shapes (like V4, G4, A4, etc.) just come in as full body morph dials. You dial it like you normally would in the body of the figure. Scaling does work.

For some reason, Poser runs much more slowly with Genesis loaded.

I'm aware how shaping works, but I'd like to see the renders that blend various Genesis shapes in Poser. Like Monster + V4, maybe, or something like that.

• TastigerTastiger Posts: 76
    edited October 2012

Kattey - 12 October 2012 11:35 AM

I’d like to see more renders, pleaseI

had a quick play around and came up with this:-

DSON_Test__2.jpg
    1142 x 862 - 358K
    Post edited by Tastiger on
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Tastiger :)

• Mary WilliamsMary Williams Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Ok, so, here's a question for you.

Now, I still don't totally understand how all this nifty, new-fangled stuff worked, but I'm looking through the DSON compatible products and saw that the various Gen3 and Gen4 for Genesis shapes were on the list. So, evidently, they've been updated with DSON capability.

What about those of us who carefully scoured the internet, looking through every nook and cranny because we're poor starving art students with barely two pennies to rub together, and purchased our Gen4/Gen3 shapes for Genesis via 3DWorld or ImagineFX magazine DVDs? Should we worry about not getting updates to these products?

edited October 2012

Ok. Which one do I put items in? Poser 9 or Poser 9 Content? Also, do I use 32 bit or 64 bit?

Untitled-5.jpg
    422 x 132 - 16K
    Post edited by WitchStorm on
  • AngelusPrimeAngelusPrime Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

*keeping notes*

So another question. Do the creature morphs come as full body morphs or partials? Like... can I create a Poser!Genesis creature with say, the Anubis legs, the troll head, and the gorilla body? Mind you, I have no idea if that even works like that in DS4, but basically, do the creature morphs come in as partials or can we mix and match?

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

OH yes the Genesis Sabbatic Goat lives !!!! in Poser Pro 2012 :)

Genesis-SG.jpg
    805 x 847 - 103K
This discussion has been closed.