Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser

Comments

• digitelldigitell Posts: 558
    edited December 1969

I installed both the Importer and the Genesis Starter Essentials.

• andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

OH...so only DSON Genesis clothing will fit the Poser Genesis?

I tried loading the V4 shape and then adding some V4 clothing. That was a catastrophe. V4 clothing doesn't work on the V4 Genesis body shape?? I had hoped that DSON would have transferred rigging to the clothing (since basically that is what happens in the Poser setup room these does; is that what I have to do to get it to fit??)

If only DSON Genesis clothing works on this, it's usefulness is low for me, since there are only a handful of expensive (except the PC items) clothing in the store. :-(

• GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
    edited December 1969

Gregorius said:
    Question: what's the "Core" vs the "Poser Companion"? I didn't download the former, thinking it to be for computers that used DSON in a more fundamental way. Now that I read more about it, though, it seems DSON doesn't work that way. That's the only other mistake I can think of that I may have made. I'm downloading it now (or trying to, since it seems to be unusually slow).

Core has the textures and geometries, the Poser companion just has the Poser library files to load those. You do need both.

Downloaded and installed. As I expected, it didn't solve the problem. My brief research on Google shows that the most likely culprit is that my Python installation is somehow meant for a 32-bit system (I installed 64-bit DSON), The problem is that I got Python with Poser and know nothing about how Python works independently, so I have no clue how to verify that this is a case of architectural mismatch.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

digitell said:

There are 3 files, the importer, the GSE Core, and the GSE Poser Companion Files.

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:
    So, if I have this right...there is a limited number of items that can be imported into PP2012. Not complaining....I just want to be sure I'm not missing anything. For example, if I make a Sabatic Goat or a Chibi girl in DS4.5....can that be imported into PP?

Content needs to be in DS 4.5 format (.duf files) and needs to have a Python script anda Poser library file that calls the script. You can set things up by hand, even without DS, using the existing stuf as a guide but I wouldn't want to do it for a big project. Pretty well all content should be getting updated - some, the stuff in 4.0 format, will need updating and all will need the companion files added.

Yikes! I'm too dull-witted for that. I'm sure a lot of stuff will be coming down the pike. All is good.

• SissyBSissyB Posts: 23
    edited December 1969

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wonderful!!!!! i'm so impatient to try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! ^-^

• TercelTercel Posts: 100
    edited October 2012

Fabulous news! Now I'm hoping for a sale on Poser 9.

Post edited by Tercel on
  • doldol Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

dol said:
    [quote author="fixmypcmike"

i use 2010 pro.
    and i only coth the poser esentials instald,,1.6 dpc
    and the program dson poser installer in the map c program files x 86 smid
    and i poet the contens in a sepered map,,and i lodet the runtime in poser,,the maps are thare buth when i klik on it i geth the messits,,this is a newer fersion?? poser whil trai to load it anny way?

and than i ceth the messits that thare is not a program? inporterror no module named dson. dzdsonimporter

This will only work in Poser 9 or PP2012 -- earlier versions do not have weight-mapping and do not have the plugin capability.

that is strains becos poser pro2010 is newer as poser 9 ??

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited December 1969

I tried loading the V4 shape and then adding some V4 clothing. That was a catastrophe. V4 clothing doesn't work on the V4 Genesis body shape?? I had hoped that DSON would have transferred rigging to the clothing (since basically that is what happens in the Poser setup room these does; is that what I have to do to get it to fit??)

If only DSON Genesis clothing works on this, it's usefulness is low for me, since there are only a handful of expensive (except the PC items) clothing in the store. :-(

There are also a fair number of freebies, and some Prime items at Rendo (as well as some full price items). Any DS4 Genessi clothing can be made to work, by the creator or - if a copy of DS 4.5 is available - by the end user. I haven't tried saving an AutoFitted Gen 4 item and generating a conmpanion file for it, but it won't work in Poser (unless PhilC's Wardrobe Wizard Plugin works - and I would think it would, since the figure's rigging is the same as the exported CR2).

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
    edited December 1969

digitell said:
    I did try to render and there is just a blank screen..it is like when you try to load an obj file..and the obj file cannot be found...the drop down list says it is there..but actually it is not.

I had the same thing happen on my initial install...give me one sec.

edited December 1969

dol said:
    dol said:

i use 2010 pro.
    and i poet the contens in a sepered map,,and i lodet the runtime in poser,,the maps are thare buth when i klik on it i geth the messits,,this is a newer fersion?? poser whil trai to load it anny way?

and than i ceth the messits that thare is not a program? inporterror no module named dson. dzdsonimporter

This will only work in Poser 9 or PP2012 -- earlier versions do not have weight-mapping and do not have the plugin capability.

No, Poser 9 and PP 2012 came out a year ago, PP2010 came out alongside Poser 8.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited December 1969

dol said:
    dol said:

i use 2010 pro.

No, Poser 9 is newer - it was relased at the same time as PP 2012.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited December 1969

dol said:
    dol said:

i use 2010 pro.

PoserPro 2010 is the Pro sibling of Poser 8, Poser 9 or PoserPro2012 are the requirements for the importer (or for loading the CR2 exported directly from DS) as they are the versions that have weight-mapping.

• WitchStormWitchStorm Posts: 186
    edited October 2012

I am using Poser 9 Pro. 64 bit. And, I can't get Genesis to work. So, what am I doing wrong?

Untitled-2.jpg
    503 x 325 - 29K
    Untitled-2.jpg
    503 x 325 - 29K
    Post edited by WitchStorm on
    edited December 1969

I am using Poser 9 Pro. 64 bit. And, I can't get Genesis to work.

Do you have SR3, and did you install all 3 files?

• doldol Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

dol said:
    dol said:

i use 2010 pro.

No, Poser 9 and PP 2012 came out a year ago, PP2010 came out alongside Poser 8.

oo stupid me,yes you are writhe sorry.

• edited October 2012

Ok. So Genesis shows up on my Figures folder, but it says it's looking for a file outside my program. Where is the solution to this?

YoSniz!.jpg
    777 x 759 - 21K
    Post edited by darkguyver1994_a1285f4265 on
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    Okay this is getting a wee bit tiring, I keep getting errored out when I try to post or load things. Or even pull up the web pages here.

DAZ_Spooky you said that morphs for genesis will already work. What I want to know is...

Does that mean that this: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=94447 and this http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=89123 will work without having to be converted to the DSON format?

If they are done to the DSON Spec, and installed properly then they will work. Note I haven't checked either of those products so I can't say for sure on those in particular.
  • WitchStormWitchStorm Posts: 186
    edited December 1969

What is SR3? And, where do I get it? Then, where do I put it?

edited December 1969

There are also a fair number of freebies, and some Prime items at Rendo (as well as some full price items). Any DS4 Genessi clothing can be made to work, by the creator or - if a copy of DS 4.5 is available - by the end user. I haven't tried saving an AutoFitted Gen 4 item and generating a conmpanion file for it, but it won't work in Poser (unless PhilC's Wardrobe Wizard Plugin works - and I would think it would, since the figure's rigging is the same as the exported CR2).

That's more encouraging. So will, let's say, SickleYield's Genesis clothing over at RMP work on Poser Genesis out of the box? I'm clueless in DS4Pro and would have no idea how to "make it work" in DS4Pro and then bring it into Poser.

So, I'm assuming that with PhilC's Wardrobe Wizard, the process would be:
    (1) Convert clothing to Genesis
    (2) Bring clothing into Poser & conform to Genesis
    (3) Apply a morph to Genesis (like V4)
    (4) Use the included DSON Python script to transfer the morphs to the clothing.

Does that sound correct? If so, that's reasonably feasible.

• KatherineKatherine Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

Isikol said:

All I can do is go by the screenshot which is giving a 32bit error. :) And ya....I have done it myself. LOL Looked RIGHT at the 64bit and installed 32. So, that's why I double-check when trying to troubleshoot. I can't see your PC so can only see the pic you sent. :)

Kat im telling you the truth here...i downloaded only the 64 bit version...i doubled and trippled checked...

and im asking you again...is there a way that you accidentally uploaded a 32bit and named it 64bit?
    does everyone gets the same files?

see?

:) I wasn't questioning your honesty. I have made that mistake is why I ask. I can suggest uninstalling the DSON Importer. Reinstall and make sure you get all 3 installers in as well as make sure the directories are all mapped in Poser. (DS and Poser Essentials both - unless they are in the same directory...then you just have the one to map :) ). Make sure you have SR3 installed. Those are the biggest issues we're getting on install.

We have enough users using the 64bit installer so I do not think they got mis-uploaded. You can try resetting and re-download if you want to make sure....

If you are having troubles after that, when I am in the office in the morning I can try to get with you and help more. Hopefully uninstalling and reinstalling will do it for you....

Kat

• KatherineKatherine Posts: 326
    edited October 2012

Poser Service Release 3. Log into your Account with them and check for updates. :) Install the same way as your other Poser updates.

Post edited by Katherine on
    edited December 1969

You can get it here:
    http://poser.smithmicro.com/updates.html

You will need your serial number.

You'll install this over your existing Poser 9 installation. It's definitely worth updating. Lots of upgrades and fixes.

edited December 1969

Ok. So Genesis shows up on my Figures folder, but it says it's looking for a file outside my program. Where is the solution to this?
    You have to have the runtime, that is within the content folder where the data folder is, mapped to Poser. For example if you have the Genesis starter essentials installed to c:\documents\daz3d\my libraries then the runtime in that folder has to be mapped as a Poser Runtime in the Poser Library Pallet.
  • Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

Can someone please verify that this version is, in fact, SR 3 for Poser 2012:

I am downloading the Genesis Starter Essentials and Win 7 won't let me eject my harddrive so I can check my other harddrive where I have my downloads stored (hope that makes sense).

edited December 1969

digitell said:

OK when I installed initially, I got this same error where Genesis was invisible and it was because I installed the content part (genesis etc) into the Poser Runtime structure under Program Files (as I have all my content installed there) but it won't work if you install it there even if all your other content is there and working. It has to be in an external Runtime (any will do or use either Poser's new My Docs place or DS4's which I think is default) and then add that as a new Content Directory in Poser. If not, you will get invisible Genesis.

This should step you through everything:
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_installation_requirements/tutorials/dson_installation/start

edited December 1969

That's more encouraging. So will, let's say, SickleYield's Genesis clothing over at RMP work on Poser Genesis out of the box? I'm clueless in DS4Pro and would have no idea how to "make it work" in DS4Pro and then bring it into Poser.

So, I'm assuming that with PhilC's Wardrobe Wizard, the process would be:
    (1) Convert clothing to Genesis
    (2) Bring clothing into Poser & conform to Genesis
    (3) Apply a morph to Genesis (like V4)
    (4) Use the included DSON Python script to transfer the morphs to the clothing.

Does that sound correct? If so, that's reasonably feasible.PhilC's Wardrobe Wizard uses the rig from Genesis exported as a CR2 from DAZ Studio. This is not going to work with the DSON Importer. Granted PhilC may update his Genesis rig, but as of right now I don't believe he has.

I may have another solution for you, but I want to be absolutely sure it works first.

• adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

Mari-Anne said:

I am downloading the Genesis Starter Essentials and Win 7 won't let me eject my harddrive so I can check my other harddrive where I have my downloads stored (hope that makes sense).

yep thats the version of SR3 that I have

• edited December 1969

You have to have the runtime, that is within the content folder where the data folder is, mapped to Poser. For example if you have the Genesis starter essentials installed to c:\documents\daz3d\my libraries then the runtime in that folder has to be mapped as a Poser Runtime in the Poser Library Pallet.

Ok. Got the figure going!

edited December 1969

adzan said:
    Mari-Anne said:

yep thats the version of SR3 that I have

Yep it is.

If you are having some issues, please double check what I said above as it caused me all sorts of problems at first.

This discussion has been closed.