Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser

Comments

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,124
    edited December 1969

I got it installed and transported Genesis to Poser. Here he is with Tyler GND.

Tyler_and_Genesis.jpg
    799 x 690 - 229K
  • earth2dearth2d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Doing a happy dance!! Many thanks to Daz and SM for making my dream come true!

• jepegraphicsjepegraphics Posts: 863
    edited October 2012

Just a quick confirm, on my side all is fine and Genesis looks good with my Ian-Pierre M4, even the Shape Preset in Poser works. Thankfully all my M4 characters are P9/PP2012 ready, so they all can be used now also with Genesis. Very fine! :)

!!IanGenesis.jpg
    607 x 736 - 78K
    Post edited by jepegraphics on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714
    edited October 2012

Just tested the new DSON Importer for Poser, in PP 2012, it's cool! Didn't have a single problem when testing it. Can't see any other content than that which is in Genesis Starter Essentials though, even though it seems to use the DAZ Library.

DSONtest01.jpg
    716 x 806 - 111K
    DSONtest02.jpg
    716 x 806 - 107K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

digitell said:
    Well I give up lol..I have installed and uninstalled and did everything instructed to do but the figure will not show up in my work space..*sigh* :(..
    Just was not meant to be I guess..

Have you tried following this: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/start

If not try that...if so, I'll more then gladly make you a quick video if you think it will help :) Just let me know :)

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Good to know! Glad it's working for you. :)

You have fun with Genesis, ok? :)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

digitell said:
    I just tried to load the Genesis Figure, then the Basic Female..it shows in the item at top that it loaded but the figure is not there...also I got a callout for the Basic Female this file: V4LanaRRTorsoM_NG.jpg
    No figure will show up in my workspace :(
    I have Poser 2012 sr3 ...but not working for me ..any suggestions??

Where did you install the Genesis Starter Essentials and Poser Companion Files?

• digitelldigitell Posts: 558
    edited December 1969

digitell said:
    Well I give up lol..I have installed and uninstalled and did everything instructed to do but the figure will not show up in my work space..*sigh* :(..
    Just was not meant to be I guess..

Have you tried following this: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/start

If not try that...if so, I'll more then gladly make you a quick video if you think it will help :) Just let me know :)

Thank you so much Ann I have not tried that and I will certainly do so! I am excited about being able to use Genesis and want this gadget to work.
    Thanks!! :)

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

PLEASE NOTE: There are a lot of PAs who have done DS/Poser items (characters) and many who have updated items to work with this (clothes and characters) as well. Be sure to look at your purchases as you may find you have quite a bit that will work in Poser after doing some resets or by using V4 SSS mats on Genesis etc.

• GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
    edited October 2012

Go Figure said:
    Very cool stuff DAZ

Gregorius said:
    I keep getting this "mainWacros" window when I open PP12 SR3:

An errror occurred importing addon dson :
    ERROR: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

An errror occurred importing addon dson :
    ERROR: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Plus, I've installed the Starter content, but there's nothing new in my library yet.

Any ideas? I'm looking forward to toying around with Genesis in Poser!

For those that are getting these dll load failed errors, but are sure they installed right, I think you may want to install one or both of the following and report if it fixes it for you for the benefit of all:
    - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328
    - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523

Thanks for responding! No such luck, though, at least for me. I did mistakenly install DSON before SR3, but I quickly rectified that by installing SR3 and then re-installing DSON. Oddly enough, I got no DLL error in SR2. Of course, the plug-in didn't do anything (still doesn't), but still, I thought that might be noteworthy. I downloaded the second of the two downloads (that's the right one for 64 bit systems, right?) and rebooted my computer. No change.

Question: what's the "Core" vs the "Poser Companion"? I didn't download the former, thinking it to be for computers that used DSON in a more fundamental way. Now that I read more about it, though, it seems DSON doesn't work that way. That's the only other mistake I can think of that I may have made. I'm downloading it now (or trying to, since it seems to be unusually slow).

Post edited by Gregorius on
    edited October 2012

Ah..yep that is the instructions I found that I followed..my figures are there in my library and the script is showing up there as it should in my Script Menu..and it seems to be loading Genesis when I try to load...but the figure itself is not visible in my workspace..:( Any thoughts on what may be wrong? PROBLEM SOLVED! :)

Post edited by digitell on
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited October 2012

This is the Best News I've heard all year!!!! :) :) :) WoooHooo! Congrats, Daz! :)

...and Welcome to the Addiction, Poser People.... heehee ;-)

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited October 2012

So, if I have this right...there is a limited number of items that can be imported into PP2012. Not complaining....I just want to be sure I'm not missing anything. For example, if I make a Sabatic Goat or a Chibi girl in DS4.5....can that be imported into PP?

Post edited by peteVault on
  • peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

MrPoser said:
    I got it installed and transported Genesis to Poser. Here he is with Tyler GND.

Hah good one!!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Just tested the new DSON Importer for Poser, in PP 2012, it's cool! Didn't have a single problem when testing it. Can't see any content than that which is in Genesis Starter Essentials though, even though it seems to use the DAZ Library.

Thread was merged with the main DSON thread.

edited December 1969

This is what my Poser Program looks like..I have the script in there and the Genesis item in my library..it seemed to load but Genesis is invisible :(

Invisible_Genesis.jpg
    1774 x 800 - 177K
    edited December 1969

Try to click the Render tab, and then back to preview again.

• doldol Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

dol said:
    whell i coth 6 runtime maps,,and 2 smid poser 8-2010 pro,,
    and thwe installer poet the starter in poser 2010,,buth my qwestion is now,where do al the maps co in poser,,in the map c program files,
    or in the map c program files (x86) becos windows 7 yuse 2 directions,,
    i poet the esentials in a seppered map,becos the installer and i dont know ware to poet them,,so i have a buns of maps 12 and i dont know ware to poet them.by hand??

Content should not be installed to Program Files or Program Files (x86). Are you using Poser 9 or PP2012 with SR3?

i use 2010 pro.
    and i only coth the poser esentials instald,,1.6 dpc
    and the program dson poser installer in the map c program files x 86 smid
    and i poet the contens in a sepered map,,and i lodet the runtime in poser,,the maps are thare buth when i klik on it i geth the messits,,this is a newer fersion?? poser whil trai to load it anny way?

and than i ceth the messits that thare is not a program? inporterror no module named dson. dzdsonimporter

edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:
    So, if I have this right...there is a limited number of items that can be imported into PP2012. Not complaining....I just want to be sure I'm not missing anything. For example, if I make a Sabatic Goat or a Chibi girl in DS4.5....can that be imported into PP?

If you make it in DS4.5 you can -- there are Genesis products which were made before DS4.5 which need to be converted to .duf format, either by the PA/DAZ 3D or by you using DS 4.5.1.6

edited October 2012

Frank0314 said:
    Taozen said:
    Just tested the new DSON Importer for Poser, in PP 2012, it's cool! Didn't have a single problem when testing it. Can't see any content than that which is in Genesis Starter Essentials though, even though it seems to use the DAZ Library.

Thread was merged with the main DSON thread.

Sorry, didn't see this thread...

Post edited by Taoz on
  • ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

Nice to know! I doubt Genesis will replace Gen4 for me just yet, but there are times it would be nice to use--M5, particularly, and hopefully soon Luthbel's sets. How long will the stuff that's on sale be on sale?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Gregorius said:
    Question: what's the "Core" vs the "Poser Companion"? I didn't download the former, thinking it to be for computers that used DSON in a more fundamental way. Now that I read more about it, though, it seems DSON doesn't work that way. That's the only other mistake I can think of that I may have made. I'm downloading it now (or trying to, since it seems to be unusually slow).

Core has the textures and geometries, the Poser companion just has the Poser library files to load those. You do need both.

edited December 1969

dol said:
    dol said:
    whell i coth 6 runtime maps,,and 2 smid poser 8-2010 pro,,
    and thwe installer poet the starter in poser 2010,,buth my qwestion is now,where do al the maps co in poser,,in the map c program files,
    or in the map c program files (x86) becos windows 7 yuse 2 directions,,
    i poet the esentials in a seppered map,becos the installer and i dont know ware to poet them,,so i have a buns of maps 12 and i dont know ware to poet them.by hand??

Content should not be installed to Program Files or Program Files (x86). Are you using Poser 9 or PP2012 with SR3?

i use 2010 pro.
    and i only coth the poser esentials instald,,1.6 dpc
    and the program dson poser installer in the map c program files x 86 smid
    and i poet the contens in a sepered map,,and i lodet the runtime in poser,,the maps are thare buth when i klik on it i geth the messits,,this is a newer fersion?? poser whil trai to load it anny way?

and than i ceth the messits that thare is not a program? inporterror no module named dson. dzdsonimporter

This will only work in Poser 9 or PP2012 -- earlier versions do not have weight-mapping and do not have the plugin capability.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    edited December 1969

dol said:

i use 2010 pro.

Need Poser 9 or PP2012

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:

Content needs to be in DS 4.5 format (.duf files) and needs to have a Python script anda Poser library file that calls the script. You can set things up by hand, even without DS, using the existing stuf as a guide but I wouldn't want to do it for a big project. Pretty well all content should be getting updated - some, the stuff in 4.0 format, will need updating and all will need the companion files added.

edited December 1969

I did try to render and there is just a blank screen..it is like when you try to load an obj file..and the obj file cannot be found...the drop down list says it is there..but actually it is not.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited December 1969

As a DAZ Studio user, I'm feeling so isolated and forgotten by DAZ, with all this attention and nice products they're giving to the Poser community! ;-)

That's a joke, btw. Congratulations, DAZ!!!

edited December 1969

digitell said:
    I did try to render and there is just a blank screen..it is like when you try to load an obj file..and the obj file cannot be found...the drop down list says it is there..but actually it is not.

And you installed both the Core and the Poser Companion Files?

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

It's about time!
    Why should I care...I only use DS
    Who wants Genesis, anyway?
    Why doesn't this work in my Poser Debut?!
    Way to go, DAZ!

Enjoy, Poser users! Can't wait to see all the renders! :)

edited December 1969

Good to know! Glad it's working for you. :)

You have fun with Genesis, ok? :)

Well I am alreeady familiar with Genesis as I also use DS, but it's great to be able to use it in Poser too. :)

This discussion has been closed.