Why Is My Pie Crust Still Frozen Complaint Thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

I was thinking of a scene for a possible scene. Michael and Victoria goes on a hike. After a few hours of the hike, Victoria gets bitten by a snake. The best path to get to their vehicle is the path they took. They walked at a steady pace to get to the point they are at now. They took few breaks and those were short. It is still at least two hours walk back to the vehicle. What can Michael do to save Victoria's life? Oh another thing, they are hiking in a mountain area which has no cell tower. Their cell phone has no signal nor do they have any other way to contact anyone.

Michael remembers from his reading of a book about snakes that the snake in question is poisonous. He has to do something to save Victoria's life.

I do not know the answer to the question.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

G'day Peepz :cheese: Working on renders and boots today. I'm having a break from props me thinks. (That is the first time I've used the word "G'day" on the forums :-S Canberra Boy must be wearing off on me.... now a word not Australian.... Gray! There we go... Though I don't understand why it isn't spelt Grey... Anywho...)

edited December 1969

You'd be proud AtticAnne! I'm enjoying two "Southern Burgers" they sooooo good.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

...OK this is really bad.

Installed everything I somehow had accumulated for Studio4 (like the Gen4, Aiko3/Hiro3 body shapes & even GenerationX - don't remember when I picked that up but it was in my DL archive folder) then fired up 4.5 and gave it one more shot before considering uninstalling the entire mess from the old system.

"This Wasn't Supposed to Work Was It...?"

leela_genesis_test.jpg
    800 x 800 - 348K
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK this is really bad.

Installed everything I somehow had accumulated for Studio4 (like the Gen4, Aiko3/Hiro3 body shapes & even GenerationX - don't remember when I picked that up but it was in my DL archive folder) then fired up 4.5 and gave it one more shot before considering uninstalling the entire mess from the old system.

"This Wasn't Supposed to Work Was It...?"

Is that a daz 4.5 render? It looks great why you upset with it?

edited December 1969

...because by all rights this should never have happened given...

...I have an integrated chipset with, If I am lucky, has 128MB of VRAM available
    ...The last OGL update available for my system is ver 1.4 (which is 4.5's minimum not optimal)
    ...I have a total 4GB RAM of which only 2GB can be applied to any single application in 32 bit.
    ...previous experiments with 4.0.x were disappointing to say the least as the app would become real sluggish in OGL mode, and 4.5 is supposed to be even more "robust" (and therefore should have been "glacially'" slow)
    ...based on past experiences (both with 4.0.x and 3A), I fully expected it to crash and burn somewhere along the way, either in setup or during the render process and it didn't.

...Leela really looks like a teenager.

...and I feel like such an "Andy Rooney" now.

...now pass me the Sriracha and let me eat my crow in peace.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning!

Except, unnnngh, migraine still persists. DAMMIT.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited October 2012

Goodnight for me! ;)

*Rubs Skirki's temples to try and get rid of her migraine*

Kyoto Kid: If it was me, I'd be dancing around with excitement if I got D/S to work on a machine that wasn't supposed to be able to run it. ;)

I'm glad you can run D/S 4.5. Enjoy it. :)

Post edited by Knight22179 on
    edited October 2012

Skiriki said:

...good evening.

Getting a bit chilly out there tonight. Yeah summer has pretty much flown south for the winter.

Forecast calls for actual rain to start falling this weekend.

...here

...in Portland

...can you believe it?

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...because by all rights this should never have happened given...

...I have an integrated chipset with, If I am lucky, has 128MB of VRAM available
    ...The last OGL update available for my system is ver 1.4 (which is 4.5's minimum not optimal)
    ...I have a total 4GB RAM of which only 2GB can be applied to any single application in 32 bit.
    ...previous experiments with 4.0.x were disappointing to say the least as the app would become real sluggish in OGL mode, and 4.5 is supposed to be even more "robust" (and therefore should have been "glacially'" slow)
    ...based on past experiences (both with 4.0.x and 3A), I fully expected it to crash and burn somewhere along the way, either in setup or during the render process and it didn't.

...Leela really looks like a teenager.

...and I feel like such an "Andy Rooney" now.

...now pass me the Sriracha and let me eat my crow in peace.

Well I assume then this is all a great thing! Congratulations, you'll have to play some more and see all the neat improvements it's got. Plus, you'll be able to play around with genesis :cheese: I like 4.5 and haven't turned back for 1 min.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Looks like a caffeine hit then.

edited October 2012

Goodnight for me! ;)

Kyoto Kid: If it was me, I'd be dancing around with excitement if I got D/S to work on a machine that wasn't supposed to be able to run it. ;)

I'm glad you can run D/S 4.5. Enjoy it. :)

...yeah, but after all the bad experiences I had been having, I was pretty much convinced it and Genesis wouldn't work and as many knoe I have been fairly vocal about it.

It's kind of like when my system at the day job is giving me fits and I call in our IT tech to show him and suddenly, it works perfectly fine.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Dont feel bad about it. Sooner or later all those who are angry with genesis will eventually be able to use it, then they'll be in the same boots.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Oh yea, good idea.

And Kyoto Kid, don't worry. Just use it and whatever you like to use in general. No need to explain anything, and no need for anyone to gloat, either, y'know? :) 'Cuz the point is to have fun, right? So let's have fun!

Do more piccies! :)

edited December 1969

I'm making the terminator genesis atm. You know the bad one that is all liquid metal... I'll post a pic tonight.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Spyro said:

Oh yea, good idea.

And Kyoto Kid, don't worry. Just use it and whatever you like to use in general. No need to explain anything, and no need for anyone to gloat, either, y'know? :) 'Cuz the point is to have fun, right? So let's have fun!

..I will admit, it was more fun than I've had over the last couple years. Watching Leela come together so nicely and so elegantly was very pleasing.

...still feel I'll have a hard time living all my comments down. Heck, I even put Sadie for Genesis on the wishlist.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ..I will admit, it was more fun than I've had over the last couple years. Watching Leela come together so nicely and so elegantly was very pleasing.

...still feel I'll have a hard time living all my comments down. Heck, I even put Sadie for Genesis on the wishlist.

Dewd, yer cool. :) Do more renders! :D And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Geometric shells are btw uber-cool and make life sooooo much easier when it comes to conforming clothes. :) And other cool tricks you can do! Let's have fun together!

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Skiriki said:
    Spyro said:

Oh yea, good idea.

Now you'll be able to get heaps of new stuff!!!! And you'll be able to use thornes kids after all.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

4.5 runs well on some lower end systems and then not at all on some others it's always nice to hear it was worked for another user. The Fact it's KK who has had so much trouble in the past is just hard for me to take in.

Complaint: Insomnia! I can not get to sleep. Normally I would not care but now I'll miss my treatment this morning. I refuse to drive in a zombie state, which I'll be in after a few more hours.

edited December 1969

Do you have sleeping pills? They might do the trick.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Do you have sleeping pills? They might do the trick.
    Much to late for the pills, I should have taken it a 8:30 or so. One now and I will sleep until 9 or 10 easy, which would just mess me up for tomorrow night. My 9pm bed time needs to be back to my normal is what it is. I've played to late for a few night because I felt so much better and it just caught me out on the wrong night.
    edited October 2012

Sleeping pills at the correct dosage generally only have effect for the first 3-4 hours. It's just hard to get up is all.

NON COMPLAINT - I would love to see a decent and realistic LAPD police uniform for genesis. Perhaps something as well modeled as Luthbel's War dog for genesis. There is a M4 uniform but not all that high definition... And I always hesitate buying M4 or V4 stuff for genesis, there are often complications and distortions. Specially at 20 bucks. If I were to pay that much I'd expect it for the figure I want.

t-1000notamused.jpg
    311 x 298 - 17K
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

..this is the one rub I still have with Genesis as I really cannot afford and entire new wardrobe.

This was why I picked up the Gen3/4 body shapes and (still don't remember doing so) GenerationX. With them and the Transfer Utility, I can get pretty clean fits.

Like others, I too wish Daz had an "open" cloth dynamic system for that would help solve a lot of fit issues.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Sleeping pills at the correct dosage generally only have effect for the first 3-4 hours. It's just hard to get up is all.And just what makes you think any pill works like it's supposed to on my whacked out system? Hmmm?

NON COMPLAINT - I would love to see a decent and realistic LAPD police uniform for genesis. Perhaps something as well modeled as Luthbel's War dog for genesis. There is a M4 uniform but not all that high definition... And I always hesitate buying M4 or V4 stuff for genesis, there are often complications and distortions. Specially at 20 bucks. If I were to pay that much I'd expect it for the figure I want.

I second that, and the full Army sets for V4 and M4 need updated as well and all the expansion sets for all of them.
    edited December 1969

I'm killing time so I tried this....

This is the M4 Police set AutoFit to a Genesis M4. I used The MachPack and Fabricator shader sets from Marieah on the clothing just as a test it seems to all work pretty well.

M4_Police.png
    1000 x 1000 - 981K
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

This is the M4 Police set AutoFit to a Genesis M4. I used The MachPack and Fabricator shader sets from Marieah on the clothing just as a test it seems to all work pretty well.

Speaking to policeman in zero pose:
    "OK, now close your eyes and touch your right index finger to your nose. OK, now the left index finger. OK, now juggle, tap-dance and sing..."
    edited October 2012

tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:

Speaking to policeman in zero pose:
    "OK, now close your eyes and touch your right index finger to your nose. OK, now the left index finger. OK, now juggle, tap-dance and sing..."LOL!! Now Juggle, that brings back a memory, my cousin Tim and I stayed after our shift ended at this Mexican restaurant we worked at and had some Margaritas, okay it was a lot of Margaritas. But he only lived two blocks from the place so we thought it would be safe and I could crash on his couch. We made it all the way to the entrance to his apartment complex with a Hoover cop right behind us, where they came from we never knew. He missed the turn and clipped the curb. Pop went the lights, so of course we pulled out of the road and stopped, Tim grabs three bean bags hops out of the car and starts juggling, he was pretty good and learned things like that just to prove he could. The cops asked him were we were going so he said right here I'm almost home. They told him to go on home but not let them see us again that night. I thought he had lost his mind when he jumped out and started juggling, but it worked.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited October 2012

LOL, That's a funny story. I had this scene from "The Man With Two Brains" in mind:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0MXU3J6Qbs

Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the link, it also brought back memories. I remember when Steve was just a stand up. His you can't do a sad song on a Banjo bit was great.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Thanks for the link, it also brought back memories. I remember when Steve was just a stand up. His you can't do a sad song on a Banjo bit was great.

I actually caught Steve's act live when he was still an unknown (1972). He was the opening act for the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and did exactly the same material he was doing when fame struck. I was laughing so hard I couldn't catch my breath (and getting odd glances from my girlfriend who just didn't get what was so funny). Half the audience was laughing, the other half mystified.
    So why did Steve become so successful later with essentially the same act?
    In 1972, he had very long hair, a thick full beard, and was dressed all in denim, looking like your typical early '70s hippie.
    The white suits, clean-shaven look apparently made his humor more accessible to a wider audience.
    Or maybe the rest of the world just caught up with him. ;-)
This discussion has been closed.