GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761

THANK YOU, Dimension3D! This will help expand the G3 Males quite a bit. I wasn't too worried about the G3 females since there will always be so many, This will certainly make the G3 Males more varied and versatile!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

Here's a Genesis 3 Male with Reptilian 6 morphs. It lacks the HD fiddly bits and the nails could use some other morphs to help correct it, but I'm happy.

G3M Reptilianp.png
    428 x 1080 - 2M
  • ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

How is it going from G3 -> G2?

• MusicplayerMusicplayer Posts: 515

THANK YOU, Dimension3D! This will help expand the G3 Males quite a bit. I wasn't too worried about the G3 females since there will always be so many, This will certainly make the G3 Males more varied and versatile!

+1 (Totally agree)

Many thanks Dimension3D, I have always used this product, so was delighted to see the Gen 3 add-on in the shop. It was an immediate purchase and I greatly appreciate all the work you put in to create this essential tool.

Kind regards,

smiley

Scavenger: I was going to say 'I don't have any G3 morphs, I can't test it' but then remembered I have some freebies. I should test those...

I'm really irritated at Daz for the whole HD morphs situation. I had hoped to buy a lot of cool G3 figures to transfer to G2, but that undermines the entire point.

Ok, will test a G3 > G2 thing, although it's going to be a lot less impressive as basic morphs ( Morphalynn's 127 head/face morphs freebies on Rendo )

For some reason the GenX2 search element no longer seems to be working. Which is making it a bit rough trying to find all the morphs to transfer to figures.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,757
    edited June 2016

Here's a quick test of the toughest G3F to G2F I could imagine, which was complicated by the fact that G3F skins don't work on G2F.  I picked Asako, which is a character preset from AliveSheCried's "Skyler's Friends - The Early Years" set at rendo, which makes heavy use of thf Zev0's Growing up morphs.  The skin is FW Cassie skin from the Teen Josie 6 Pro bundle, converted to G3F using Cayman Studio's sets.  G2F versionon the left, G3F on the right.  As you can see, the face transfer is quite good, but there are some noticeable differences in the body due to the different placement of the hips, etc.  What you can't see due to forum restrictions is that the chest area in the G2F version went slightly concave and wrinkled.  Of course, it would be really rare to ever transfer a morph this extreme and with a normal mature female to femal transfer it wouldn't be an issue.        

AsakoG2F test.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 506K
    Post edited by Cybersox on
  • Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464

For some reason the GenX2 search element no longer seems to be working. Which is making it a bit rough trying to find all the morphs to transfer to figures.

For me, it works as it should. Could it be that you set a different search mode (the drop-down on the right side)? "Any" is the least restricted search mode.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959

Does anyone know where the manual is located?

• eicmareicmar Posts: 4

Which file I have to select as source file if I want transfer the Ogora morph to Genesis 3 Male?

Installed Genx3 using install manager, not using version 4.9 yet.  Don't see Gen3 as target in drop down menu and also getting the error (screenshot attached)

Also same question as eicmar as far as the source file for transfering Gen3 to Gen2. 

genx3 error1.JPG
    863 x 708 - 33K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,135

Does anyone know where the manual is located?

In the DAZ Studio software install location (by default C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4) in /docs/plugins/Genesis Generation X2.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,688

Why can I not transfer A3 morphs directly to G3F?

Nope no manual in there just the file called GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 3.dsx

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464

ALLIEKATBLUE: Manual should be located under "...\docs\Plugins\Genesis Generation X2" of your DAZ Studio folder. In addition, you can get it online from the product readme page at DAZ and from the product page on my website.

The "error reading definition" is most likely because you didn't install the GenX2 update for version 2.1.0, which is required for the Genesis 3 add-on. If you updated the plugin, you also have to update all add-ons.

eicmar: Ogora is a Genesis 2 Male morph, so source is Genesis 2 Male.

Kulay Wolf: You can, provided you have the according add-ons. However, you will have to select the Aiko 3 (Clone) shape as target. (I considered that transferring shape morphs from Genesis to Genesis 3 would be of no benefit instead of using the Clone morphs, because the joints for Genesis and Genesis 3 are rather different. The exception are generation 4 figures, because of the feet.) Hence, the new option to select clone shape targets by default.

Thanks Dimension3D for getting on the thread and helping us out. So updated the Genx program as well as the GenX2 add on now I have no figures in the target and even more errors

genx3 error2.JPG
    768 x 707 - 36K
  • I'm having the same problem as AllieKatBlue. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, copied the dll and folder to all four of my folders (in Program files and in Appdata, both the regular Studio 4 folders and the Public Build folders). 

Hanabi said:

I'm having the same problem as AllieKatBlue. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, copied the dll and folder to all four of my folders (in Program files and in Appdata, both the regular Studio 4 folders and the Public Build folders). 

My GenX was absolutely working prior to the genx3 install except I didn't have g3f as a target. After I installed the update, it is not functional at all.  A little annoyed now to say the least. This has put a halt to my work for the day.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,757

Thanks Dimension3D for getting on the thread and helping us out. So updated the Genx program as well as the GenX2 add on now I have no figures in the target and even more errors

You can't have GenX and GenX 2 installed at the same time, as they conflict with each other.  DAZ rather confused things by sending out updated versions of GenX and it's plug-ins.    

• Okay, so I got it to work. I uninstalled EVERYTHING. And then went in and deleted by hand all the GenX2 folders (and the dll from the public build, as that wasn't deleted in the uninstall)

Next, installed the plugin itself. Copied the DLL from Program Files\DAZStudio4\plugins to the public build plugins folder

Then I installed the addons, then went into the AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4 folder, copied the GenX2 folder, and pasted it into the public build folder in Appdata.

I can now select a source figure. 

You can't have GenX and GenX 2 installed at the same time, as they conflict with each other.  DAZ rather confused things by sending out updated versions of GenX and it's plug-ins.    

What does that mean? Genx is the original plugin and Genx 2 was the add on to use G2F.  Was I only supposed to install the updated genx?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

What does that mean? Genx is the original plugin and Genx 2 was the add on to use G2F.  Was I only supposed to install the updated genx?

No, GenX and GenX2 are the original and the updated plugins.  There's a Genesis 2 Add-On, but that's different from the plugin itself, which is GenX2.  You should only install the things that say GenX2.

No, GenX and GenX2 are the original and the updated plugins.  There's a Genesis 2 Add-On, but that's different from the plugin itself, which is GenX2.  You should only install the things that say GenX2.

ALLIEKATBLUE: Manual should be located under "...\docs\Plugins\Genesis Generation X2" of your DAZ Studio folder. In addition, you can get it online from the product readme page at DAZ and from the product page on my website.

The "error reading definition" is most likely because you didn't install the GenX2 update for version 2.1.0, which is required for the Genesis 3 add-on. If you updated the plugin, you also have to update all add-ons.

OK now I'm thoroughly  confused.  Everything was working fine until I got the error upon installing the GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 3, there was no Gen 3 figure in the target dropdown.  Dimension3D said install the update for GenX2. I downloaded and installed Genesis Generation X2.  Was I supposed to download and install GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 2 or not.  So my question is this, when you say GenX2 is updated do you mean Genesis Generation X2 or GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 2? And which one is conflicting because prior to any updating, they had both been installed and were working fine. And BTW the plugin is not called GenX2 it's called Genesis Generation X2. Only the add ons say GenX2. So to be clear, what has the update, the plugin or the add on? I don't mean to be dense but I been messing with this all day.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Apologies for messing up the name.  Both the plugin (Genesis Generation X2) and the Add-Ons for it were updated -- you need to update the plugin and then any add-ons for it.  Don't install Genesis Generation X or the Add-Ons that just say X rather than X2.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited June 2016

So far so good! I transferred George HD (without the HD, or course) to G3F. He makes a lovely young lady. This is Genesis 3 Female and George 50%.

The HDRI environment is from HDRIHaven.com.

G3F George 50% George JCMs George Torso Down JCM only .2.duf.png
    1600 x 2000 - 5M
    Post edited by barbult on

Nicely done!

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

The HD thing is ridiculous. But that's a different thread topic. I will add I do not own ANY of Daz's overpriced HD add ons unless they were bundled with something I got. So, I guess in that regard, I'm all good for GenX2. Anyway I'm thrilled to see GenX2 finally release. I'm also stoked that GenX can go both ways between G2-G3. 

There are too many really handy products being released so close together. I cannot buy them all. So that kind of blows. UHT2, Iray Light Manager, GenX2 for G3, Fit Control G3M, Peach Fuzz, Project EYEray, Legacy UVs packs. That's 7 really must have items right there IMO. ALL of these released in the span of 2 weeks. And that doesn't cover any actual figures and things. That's just too much, man. And that really sucks because by waiting, they go off sale and then you never know when they'll be back on sale again. To make matters worse, as a gamer, there is a big GOG sale going down right now, and the grand daddy of them all, Steam, will be having their Summer Sale in just a few days. So please Daz, don't get too crazy with the releases for a couple weeks.

BTW, is there a -batch- skin converter for G2-G3 (or the reverse.) Or what would be an EASY way of transfering textures? I'm asking for a simple recommendation, not a list of threads written in Greek (yes, that's a reference to a recent thread.)

Well, I don't care about the HD add-ons. I DO care about things like Rawart's cool figures, which rely a lot on HD details to really sing.

edited June 2016

OK, came back to this GenX mess after watching Game of Thrones episode 9, like 3 times.  Anyway, thanks Hanabi, everything works almost perfectly.  Attached a quick render of Meridiana for Lilith 6 converted to G3F. Even used Cayman Studios Legacy UVs for Genesis 3 to convert the skin. Can't figure out what product to use to convert the skin to iray so I just used the iray uber shader preset.  The G3F pose is a little weird on the hands but an easy fix.  One question, during the loading of the source figure process, got a whole bunch of errors.  Is Genx looking in a specific folder for ALL of the characters? Because I have several directories on an external hard.  Anyway thanks everybody for all your help.

http://www.daz3d.com/meridiana

Meridianna.jpg
    777 x 882 - 251K
    Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    There is Iray Converter for Genesis 3. I have the version for Genesis 2, and I use it on the skins I converted from V4 to G2. It works GREAT for that. So I bet the G3 version would do the trick for and G2 skins, as long skins are converted to G3 first. Man, that's a lot of converting.