GenX2 Update / Genesis 3 Add-On [Commercial]

Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464

The GenX2 add-on for Genesis 3 (Male and Female) has been released and is available in the DAZ store now. In addition, the GenX2 plugin and all existing add-ons have been updated.

Version 2.1.0 of Genesis Generation X has the following new features:
- improved file link search (including DAZ Connect)
- support for Genesis 3 technology
- adjust joints for facial expressions for each morph
- create clone morphs with improved rigging
- option to create clone morphs only
- option to prefer clone shape

The new version of GenX2 is required for Genesis 3 support, but also has some other improvements. If you update the plugin, you also have to update all add-ons you own for GenX2. Old add-ons will not work in the updated plugin, and updated add-ons will not work in the old plugin.

Note: Please ignore any new versions of the initial GenX. They have been updated for installer reasons only, but contain no changes. Moreover, they will remove GenX2 if you own both versions.

The new version will now work with DAZ Connect. If you use the default folder for DAZ Connect, GenX should find it. Otherwise, you need to select the DAZ Connect path in the options area of GenX. Click on the "Connect Path" button and select the same folder that is also listed in Content Directory Manager for "DAZ Connect Data".

The rigging for clone morphs (i.e. morphs converted by GenX2 from the clone morphs used by auto-fit) has been improved. For compatibility reasons, the old clone morphs are not replaced, but new morphs are generated. The new clone morphs are located in the category *** People *** (with 3 stars instead of 2). It is possible now to create the clone morphs only without actually transferring morphs. Simply load the figure and hit the transfer button without selecting a morph for transfer. You will be asked to confirm that you want to continue without a morph selected, which creates the clone morph only (if it not yet exists).

The Genesis 3 add-on for GenX2 supports both Genesis 3 figures, Male and Female. Transfers are possible from all supported DAZ and Genesis figures and to all supported Genesis figures including transfers between the Male and Female version of Genesis 3. As before, you need the according add-ons for the source and the target figure. In addition, you always need the add-on for Genesis 2, because Genesis 3 provides only clone morphs for Genesis 2, so it is required as an intermediate step when transferring the clone morphs to Genesis 3.

When transferring head morphs to Genesis 3, the joints for facial expressions will be adjusted accordingly. However, it still may depend on the actual morph how well they work for a particular morph. Genesis 3 has some problem areas for transferred morphs, namely the nails, the inner mouth, and the eyes. As for Genesis 2, the iris and the pupil are not connected to the rest of the eyes, so you may need to use the included fix morphs to repair poke throughs or holes. Unlike other figures, the gums in Genesis 3 are not separated, but connected to the mesh of the inner mouth. This may cause problems in case the jaw actors are scaled in the source figure. Again, there are fix morphs to repair problems caused by this. Finally, the nails are no longer part of the body mesh, but there is now a nailbed and separate flat boxes for each nail. This may cause pokethrough for some morphs. Also, it requires different transfer modes depending on whether the nailbed should morph together with the nails or not.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited June 2016

For limited time only, you can get all other Dimension 3D products 60% off if you purchase them together with the new Genesis 3 add-on. So, this is the best opportunity to start with GenX2 or to get some of the other add-ons.

Edited to add: The GenX add-ons for generation 3 Poser figures are excluded from this 60% offer.

Post edited by Dimension3D on
  • SGattonSGatton Posts: 51
    edited June 2016

Should this transfer HD morphs, or is that just not in the cards? By that, I mean, transfering HD morphs from Genesis 2 Male to Genesis 3 Male. So, for example, attempting to transfer the morphs from RawArt's Ogora HD transfers both dials, but only the base figure dial changes anything. The HD dial does nothing.

Post edited by SGatton on
  • Yea!!! Finally !!!

Thank you. kiss

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I'm a bit confused so can you clarify this for me? The required products link to these: http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2 and http://www.daz3d.com/genx2-addon-for-genesis-2 both of which I own. But there was an updated version, wasn't there? I think that is what you are referring to here: The new version of GenX2 is required for Genesis 3 support, but also has some other improvements. If you update the plugin, you also have to update all add-ons you own for GenX2. Old add-ons will not work in the updated plugin, and updated add-ons will not work in the old plugin.

I remember not being able to get hte updated version when there was a coupon for it as I wasn't financial at the time.....so I only have the original version. Which is the one that is linked in the required product section?? 

I"m confusing myself even more LOL. Or am I thinking of a completely different product???

• Will the new updated version of the GenX2 plugin and addons still work in version 4.8 of studio or do you need to have 4.9 installed?

• TerryDTerryD Posts: 27

Thanks, I've been waiting for this - alongside everyone else I think!. Instant buy. And that's "what to do over a wet weekend" solved then.

SGatton: The file format for HD morphs is top secret, so I can't support HD morphs.

jakiblue: GenX2 and all add-ons have been updated this week. This are free updates, all you have to do is to download again and install. The only update for GenX that was not free was from the initial version 1 to version 2 aka GenX2.

darren_dd9be07039: GenX2 should work for all DS versions starting with 4.5. I tested with 4.8 and 4.9, so I can confirm it works for those versions.

• darren_dd9be07039: GenX2 should work for all DS versions starting with 4.5. I tested with 4.8 and 4.9, so I can confirm it works for those versions.

Thankyou for the quick reply and the good news. I have the first GenX and have been meaning to get the newer version for a while, was just waiting for G3F/G3M plugins. Still using 4.8 as some some third party content and plugins won't work properly in 4.9. The fact that you have tested this and it still works with older versions of studio means that it's an instant buy! Thankyou again.

• Great news & great discount. Sure fire buy!
    Thanks a lot.

Installed OK by the look of it, but I can't find the manuals referred to on the sales pages.

Where can I find them, please?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/18321/start

Scroll down to

Additional Details

• A detailed user's guide is available here:

• Thanks for the info.

Much appreciated.

smiley

• I wonder if they are going to be updated to the current GenX2 G3 issue?

frown

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,389

I seem to be having trouble trasnfering Scott 6's body over to G3M. 

• I asked this in the other thread, but I guess I should ask here, too: has anyone tried to transfer really "extreme" morphs (like DarioFish's aliens, or anything by RawArt) to Genesis 3 yet and if so, what do they look like?

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

Dimension3D thank you sooooo much for the work you have put into this ,truely makes the wait worth it ,!!!It's MINE!!!laugh

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Thank you! I'm not super into G3 at the moment, but this opens up possibilities of siphoning some of the cooler new stuff from G3 > G2.

edited June 2016

SGatton: The file format for HD morphs is top secret, so I can't support HD morphs.

jakiblue: GenX2 and all add-ons have been updated this week. This are free updates, all you have to do is to download again and install. The only update for GenX that was not free was from the initial version 1 to version 2 aka GenX2.

darren_dd9be07039: GenX2 should work for all DS versions starting with 4.5. I tested with 4.8 and 4.9, so I can confirm it works for those versions.

In a single word...

CRAP.

At least I get a starting point now. I hate losing out on the detail for some things, but them's the breaks.

Post edited by SGatton on

I asked this in the other thread, but I guess I should ask here, too: has anyone tried to transfer really "extreme" morphs (like DarioFish's aliens, or anything by RawArt) to Genesis 3 yet and if so, what do they look like?

I tried on Ogora HD, and the base morph imports fine. Unfortunately, as I found out last night (and confirmed a few hours ago), the HD is lost. I guess some of it can be made up elsewhere, but that part really blows.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

Okay just had a brain fart and thought I had better ask BEFORE I frustrate myself  should I uninstall the GenX2 ,and add-ons before I install the update or will it just overwrite it??

• carrie58 said:

Okay just had a brain fart and thought I had better ask BEFORE I frustrate myself  should I uninstall the GenX2 ,and add-ons before I install the update or will it just overwrite it??

I simply installed the Generation X2 plugin update and G2 add-on update in DIM and then installed the G3 add-on. The updates overwrite the old versions. Works fine—I've just been using it.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Anyone know where I can find the mentioned included fix morphs? I've just tried GenXing Oliver and he has significant poke through in the eye area. 

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Never mind I found them under shaping-eyes and shaping-mouth generationx fix. 

But sadly they don't address the eye issue. 

• For limited time only, you can get all other Dimension 3D products 60% off if you purchase them together with the new Genesis 3 add-on. So, this is the best opportunity to start with GenX2 or to get some of the other add-ons.

Any reason the Gen3 content isn't included in the sale? I added http://www.daz3d.com/genx-addon-gen3-bundle to my cart but it doesn't discount. I don't think the individual produts do either but the Gen3 kids does.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited June 2016

Hey, a quick question to double check.  I received updated files for the plugins for both GenX and GenX2.  I'm assuming that since GenX and GenX2 conflict with each other, I should only install the plugins for Genx2, is that correct?

Post edited by Cybersox on

This is why I hate that Daz hides HD capabilities from regular people...

G2M Character using Ogora HD as a base (50% LD and 100% HD with other HD morphs):

Versus this after GenX conversion to G3M:

My character turned into a bloody walking balloon animal, instead of a half-orc badass. And yes, that is rendered using only a base Iray shader I set up for clay models to get the idea of how light affects everything -- so neither are using displacement maps... Ugh.

Don't get me wrong, I'm blaming Daz on this, not you. I think they're being somewhat ridiculous in this regard.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited June 2016

I asked this in the other thread, but I guess I should ask here, too: has anyone tried to transfer really "extreme" morphs (like DarioFish's aliens, or anything by RawArt) to Genesis 3 yet and if so, what do they look like?

Here's a quick test of the Genesis Troll transferred to G3F.  Unfortunately, the I forgot that the Troll has a unique UV set, so I had to use the V6 UV's Creature Creator skins instead, but overall GenX2 did a fine job of transfering the morphs. 

G3F Troll.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 729K
    Post edited by Cybersox on
  • Panzer EmeraldPanzer Emerald Posts: 725
    edited June 2016

So, I decided to give GenX2 another shot, and... WOW.

Well, now that I can transfer the more extreme creature morphs, I think now is as good of a time as any to finally upgrade to Genesis 3.

brb adding half of RawArt's catalog to my wishlist now

ETA: Well, this is nice. I can't transfer my G2F morphs for some reason...

Managed to transfer some Genesis and G2M morphs no problem, but this is vexing me pretty bad. D:

Post edited by Panzer Emerald on
  • I just installed the plugin for G3, opened GenX2 in DAZ Studio, and there was no option for G3. I clicked on the "Warnings" tab, and saw this:

Error reading definition: Genesis3M.gtx

Error reading definition: Genesis3F.gtx

So, I read this forum and figured I needed to update the plugins. I uninstalled and reinstalled the updated versions of GenerationX2, the G2 add-on, and then the G3 add-on. I ran it again, and now I have no option for either G2 or G3. Under the "Warnings" tab, I now get this:

Error reading definition: Genesis3M.gtx

Error reading definition: Genesis3F.gtx

Error reading definition: Genesis2M.gtx

Error reading definition: Genesis2F.gtx

What am I not doing right? This is frustrating, because I have been waiting for this exact product for a long time.

carrie58: The updates will overwrite the existing files.

Redz: Some eye issues can be fixed by scaling and/or moving the eyes. No need to use morphs in those cases.

thenotoriousjed: Ask DAZ. They are running the store.

Cybersox13: Ignore any updates for GenX version 1, they are just for some installer things (which only DAZ knows), the product itself hasn't been updated.

EleganceLiberty: Look into the Warnings tab, why Genesis 2 Female can't be loaded. Most likely, the geometry file can't be located. In that case, check where the file Genesis2Female.dsf is located. This must be either in a content folder or in the connect folder. In the latter case, be sure the "connect path" for GenX2 is the same as the one in Content Directory Manager.

arne_cooper: Looks like the known installer problem that sometimes occurs on Windows systems. Search your HD for the named files (you must include hidden folders) and make sure, they are located in ...\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\GenX2 for the correct user.