TangoAlpha's Coming Soon: End of the Track [Commercial]

TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
edited February 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Medieval Hall and Garden for Daz Studio (3Delight + Iray) and Carrara. Includes long gallery/undergallery, exchequer/undercroft plus garden, courtyard, mill stream and props.

http://www.daz3d.com/medieval-hall-and-garden

Post edited by TangoAlpha on

Comments

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

wow very nice!

• AtiAti Posts: 9,079

Looks really nice!

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 792

omg That is impressive work! There's so much to do with a set like that. *thumb's up*

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited May 2016

Thanks laugh It's all modular, so it's easy to turn bis off that you dont' need. The grass and plants are instanced, but they use Instance Preview, so they don't slow down the viewport (does mean you don't see them until render though)

Oh, did I mention the little boat dock? (it's under the camera in the second to last picture above)

12-Medieval-Hall-and-Garden-daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,310

This is really impressing. Looks very much like a must-have... laugh

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Sorel said:

wow very nice!

Exactly the words that came to mind as I was looking at the images!

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

This  would fit in very well in my fantasy universe.  Any idea when we can expect it?

Cheers,

Alex.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Thanks laugh It's all modular, so it's easy to turn bis off that you dont' need. The grass and plants are instanced, but they use Instance Preview, so they don't slow down the viewport (does mean you don't see them until render though)

Oh, did I mention the little boat dock? (it's under the camera in the second to last picture above)

It's a gorgeous set, and it'll definitely go on my 'must have' shortlist.

However a tiny criticism, in the picture of the little dock, the placement of the roof support beam (finishing up almost in the arched door) seems a bit illogical. Perhaps a meter or so (in real life terms) closer to the viewpoint, and not above the arch, would make more sense.

This  would fit in very well in my fantasy universe.  Any idea when we can expect it?

Cheers,

Alex.

It's in the final stages of QA, so I'd guess a couple of weeks.

Nath said:

However a tiny criticism, in the picture of the little dock, the placement of the roof support beam (finishing up almost in the arched door) seems a bit illogical. Perhaps a meter or so (in real life terms) closer to the viewpoint, and not above the arch, would make more sense.

I take your point. I'll shift it if there's an update.

Nath said:

I take your point. I'll shift it if there's an update.

Great, thanks for the response:-)

I'll still get the set though...

Cheers,

Alex.

It's in the final stages of QA, so I'd guess a couple of weeks.

Good to hear. I will be lying in wait with my credit card.

Cheers,

Alex.

Coming very very soon now . . .

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325

Time to start saving some cash.

So much good stuff coming down the pike.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Straight up my alley darn you.  I was able to say no to the urban sprawl because even though it was spectacular I don't really do modern.  This, this I am not going to be able to resist.....Very nicely done!

And in my install directory smiley - I'm working at home today, but I'm not allowing myself to play until my lunch break at the earliest sad

Top of this  week's shopping list. The perfect backdrop for some of Alessandro Mastronadi's mammoths.

Cheers,

Alex.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

<squee>

In my cart right now, probably get it later tonight. Looks great!

• AtiAti Posts: 9,079

I use 4.8, so this is just a curiousity question: is this not available through Daz Connect? surprise The product page only lists DIM and Manual Install.

I don't see why it wouldn't be - at least the DS version. All my other products are available through Connect, so I suspect it just got missed off the store page. I'll raise it with the team.

edited June 2016

In case anyone is interested, two of my other sets - http://www.daz3d.com/jackson-s-field and http://www.daz3d.com/hemlock-folly are currently 46% off as part of the Ivan 7 promotion (no extra purchase required, as I understand it).

Lovely stuff.   I need to win the lottery....

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Very impressive; I have just put your Jackson's Field in my wishlist; I've spent up for this month, I have a month's credit left but is for July, so will hope it goes on offer again. :)

Tango,

Some renders I did yesterday, with Alessandro Mastronadi's Mammoths.  If you do any more buildings like this, I will be the first in the queue at the checkout.

Cheers,

Alex.

Mammoth A2 Small.jpg
    2000 x 1250 - 534K
    Mammoth A4 Small.jpg
    2000 x 1250 - 439K

Love it :)

edited July 2016

These are WIPs for an update to http://www.daz3d.com/hemlock-folly Still a few bits and bobs to sort out, but it's nearly there. Primary changes are new tree models, individual plants rather than groups (smaller groups for grasses) and a massive dose of @HowieFarkes awesome new UltraScatter script.

These are all rendered at 1080p in 3Delight. Iray conversion still to come . . .

3dl1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    3DL3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    3DL6.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    3DL14.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M

Looks awesome!

• MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606

OMG the ARTISTRY on display here!  

I can almost smell the greenery and hear the streams and fluttering leaves!

An enviroment I actually want to enter and walk around in!

edited July 2016

UltraScattered a few (well, okay, about 30,000) dead leaves onto the track and car park. I think I went a bit overboard with the autumn colours, considering it's a summer scene, but I can tone them down easily enough!

3DL2a.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M