TangoAlpha's Coming Soon: End of the Track [Commercial]

Comments

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

very cool.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

WOW.. that old Aircon prop really adds realism to the whole thing.  Most older buildings have those.  Some are painted to match things and some are left as they are.  Cool looking set. 

• Oh I can make this Parthenon building exterior and interior into a bank! Thank you!
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    Oh I can make this Parthenon building exterior and interior into a bank! Thank you!

Funny you should say that -  the building it's based on was a derelict bank!

• Oh I can make this Parthenon building exterior and interior into a bank! Thank you!

Funny you should say that -  the building it's based on was a derelict bank!

Ah, I thought it might be.

• pdspds Posts: 593
    RAMWolff said:

WOW.. that old Aircon prop really adds realism to the whole thing.  Most older buildings have those.  Some are painted to match things and some are left as they are.  Cool looking set. 

Agreed. That prop would be great for use in a lot of other kitbashed scenes.

edited August 2016
    04-Parthenon-Club-daz3d.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • Fanatastic - a lot of nice resuable props too!

edited August 2016

Thanks Howie, and there could be a bank interior addon for it soon (complete with vault, gold, deposit boxes, manager's office, agent stations etc) - subject to enough interest and it being accepted.

WIP, not final textures.

Bank-wip.jpg
    1280 x 800 - 696K
    edited August 2016

Those of you who already own HF, will no doubt have spotted the update in your DIM. yes, it's in the store! I'd hoped marketing might make a bit of a song & dance about it, given it uses Howie's ultrascatter (I did ask them). But sadly that wasn't to be. Anyhow, it was on 40% last week, when the Parthenon Club came out, and I know some people bought it. No doubt it'll be on sale again sometime . . .

HF-Title.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133

Thanks for the updates, but I notice the Carrara download is in the DIM as an update too - has it actually changed? (The ReadMe update info doesn't seem to list anything Carrara-affecting)

A dead leaves replicator was added, consistent with the DS scatter. Otherwise the replicators were cranked up a notch or two, is about it. Primarily the update is for DS.

• edited August 2016

Thanks Howie, and there could be a bank interior addon for it soon (complete with vault, gold, deposit boxes, manager's office, agent stations etc) - subject to enough interest and it being accepted.

WIP, not final textures.

What you have given so far is perfect. Although I already have furnishings and vaults from other artists to put in this building and other buildings (different time period), I am willing to add your furnishings too. Either to this or to the other buildings such as Maclean's The Center. Perhaps the ticket booth of Central Station. I like to mix and match artists works. As long as I can greenscreen live actors in, either behind an object or in front, I am happy with it. I have three different vaults so far, so its good enough to suggest there is the vault with safe deposit boxes behind a door. Props maybe such as pen on wire secured to the table or calendar or toaster with each new account. Paper deposit slip or withdrawal slip in the table to write it on. Oh and a tiny deposit book or passbook (I'll take a photo of one from the 1920s and post it if needed). 1970s stuff. Curious to see what you come up with.
    77-070-021973.jpg
    1024 x 650 - 77K
    07_American+State+Bank.jpg
    658 x 388 - 55K
    22fafd9d152965b05c2a6a651bbdd05c.jpg
    736 x 585 - 151K
    Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on
    edited August 2016

Thanks Barefoot, that's useful feedback. smiley The slip and passbook references might be useful - I have access to British ones, but American versions might be different.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

Those of you who already own HF, will no doubt have spotted the update in your DIM. yes, it's in the store! I'd hoped marketing might make a bit of a song & dance about it, given it uses Howie's ultrascatter (I did ask them). But sadly that wasn't to be. Anyhow, it was on 40% last week, when the Parthenon Club came out, and I know some people bought it. No doubt it'll be on sale again sometime . . .

Tango,

I have other calls on my bank account at the moment but this has gone on my wish list  and will definitely feature in future spending plans. The promos were most enticing, the combination of your flora and Howie Farkes's ultrascatter make this an irresistable buy.

Cheers,

Alex.

A dead leaves replicator was added, consistent with the DS scatter. Otherwise the replicators were cranked up a notch or two, is about it. Primarily the update is for DS.

Ah, thanks for the information - I downloaded the DS version last night (haven't had chance to try it out yet though) and will do the Carrara version eventually (I only use Carrara occasionally)

Ah, slight problem: Hemlock Folly appears to have gone AWOL from Smart Content since the update? I tried reloading metadata for it but still no-show. Anyone else finding this?

It shows up for me, although it seems to have moved from Environments->Landscape to Environments->Architecture.

edited August 2016

Hmm, it doesn't appear there either for me - in fact, it doesn't even show up as a Product in the Product List of Content Library.

ETA: I'll try uninstall/reinstall and see if that helps.

Post edited by MelanieL on

Strange, but that seemed to do the trick - it's now turned up in Environments->Architecture and in the Product List. I don't know what went wrong (I didn't have DS running when I installed or anything) but it seems OK now. Sorry to bother you.

PS: It's taking very litttle memory now - I'm running a 3Delight render at present (pretty quickly too)

• pdspds Posts: 593
    RAMWolff said:

Agreed. That prop would be great for use in a lot of other kitbashed scenes.

Awesome render using Hemlock Folly appeared on the Gallery:

(click image to link through to the gallery)

Thought you might enjoy a few snaps of the real medieval hall complex from this weekend. Sorry for the poor qualuty - cruddy camera phone!

IMG_1635.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 301K
    IMG_1639.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 282K
    IMG_1642.jpg
    960 x 1280 - 398K
    IMG_1646.jpg
    960 x 1280 - 342K
    IMG_1649.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 350K
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

The last two images look like your Rustic Theatre product. Are both products modeled off the same building?

Anyway, your models look amazingly like the photos. Good job, TA.
    yes yes

edited October 2016

Yes. The doorway in pic 3 leads into the back of the theatre in pic 4 (and a doorway on the opposite side leads to the long gallery). There isn't really a boat dock under the arched doorways - that's pure fantasy, although the mill stream outside is real.

And typical of many English towns, this is no more than 150 yards from the main shopping centre!

IMG_0085.jpg
    1280 x 956 - 353K
    IMG_0112.jpg
    956 x 1280 - 349K
  • 126 days without a heist... I'll wire the money this morning when the bank opens here. This went right into the cart. Excellent work.
  • edited October 2016
    I have the theatre from a while ago. Its amazing to see how you made it from the real thing. It's a work of art. I was planning to kitbash it to pieces so that it is an outside stage in a park. Sort of theatre in the round Shakepeare scene using Jackson field or some other park I have. I have been so busy with writing and other things so did not get to do it yet.
    Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on
    126 days without a heist... I'll wire the money this morning when the bank opens here. This went right into the cart. Excellent work.

Thanks and cheers laugh In anticipation that that state of affairs might not last, there is also a "0 days" mat for that poster! wink

• 126 days without a heist... I'll wire the money this morning when the bank opens here. This went right into the cart. Excellent work.

Thanks and cheers laugh In anticipation that that state of affairs might not last, there is also a "0 days" mat for that poster! wink

LOL I noticed. I also tried editing shakespeare in the round in the park but its the middle of the night and gave up to go back to sleep per chance to dream of that gold bullion soup.

I don't think that stage would work particularly well without the walls (unless you were incredibly selective about the camera angle). Maybe I should do a Globe-style theatre or an outdoor arena set sometime . . .