WELCOME TO THE 5TH ANNUAL JUNE FREEBIE CHALLENGE!

Comments

• perlkperlk Posts: 845
    edited June 2012

chohole said:
    Please Can everybody remember that the maximum image suze at the moment is 800 x 800 pixels, until they get the image resizing working again.

Doh. Sorry. Do you need me to manually resize mine?

EDIT: Nvm, I did

Post edited by perlk on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Thanks Perlik. Unfortunately that is something else we can't do with this software. No way we can resize for you, well only if we copy the image on to outr own HD, resize it and then put it back.:roll:

• perlkperlk Posts: 845
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Thanks Perlik. Unfortunately that is something else we can't do with this software. No way we can resize for you, well only if we copy the image on to outr own HD, resize it and then put it back.:roll:

Sounds like a huge upgrade from the last site. Where can I buy it? lol. Just kidding. I know they'll have the bugs worked out soon.

edited December 1969

Yeah, stupid thing is that some of this stuff was working, until they moved it over from the beta server to the new one

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I think that they are moving servers, but are attempting to keep the link the same, as I understood it from Alisa.

BTW Music, the link from the old forum will work if Alexa puts archive in after forum

That won't work in this case. The "utopic" script is dead. She's going to have to find a direct link or replace the offending items as Music suggested.

Kendall

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yeah, stupid thing is that some of this stuff was working, until they moved it over from the beta server to the new one

Makes you wonder why they haven't shifted at least the forums back to the "ca1" server doesn't it. Hey Cho, maybe you could broach this idea with TPTB on the web team. The "ca1" server was working much better than this one, maybe that'll give them more time to fix the store.

Kendall

edited June 2012

chohole said:
    I think that they are moving servers, but are attempting to keep the link the same, as I understood it from Alisa.

BTW Music, the link from the old forum will work if Alexa puts archive in after forum

That won't work in this case. The "utopic" script is dead. She's going to have to find a direct link or replace the offending items as Music suggested.

Kendall

Ah that's a shame. Wonder why that one won't work. Most of the links in the lists I have yet to finish editing and posting are working when I do that. As it says day 4, then if she checks the archive "Ghosts of Chritsmas Past" thread, she may be able to pick it up that way.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    chohole said:

Kendall

Ah that's a shame. Wonder why that one won't work. Most of the links in the lists I have yet to finish editing and posting are working when I do that. As it says day 4, then if she checks the archive "Ghosts of Chritsmas Past" thread, she may be able to pick it up that way.

Nope. This one is hopeless. The marieah shader gift points ultimately to: http://freedownloads.daz3d.com/MarieahWood.zip which is completely dead.

Kendall

edited June 2012

Ugh ........................... Hey have you noticed we have Smilies, but we have no Frownies, and no grinning devil either.

I wnat a Frownie.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited June 2012

chohole said:
    Ugh ........................... Hey have you noticed we have Smilies, but we have no Frownies, and no grinning devil either.

I wnat a Frownie.

...and a brownie...where's Celebi?

also, I am having to put a break code between every line I want to seperate from just one loooong paragraph. That is a lot of trouble!

see!

also...whenever I come to the site, it asks me if I am Adam Webster...who the heck is that? I log in and click "remember me", but it never does. I have to go through the entire email and password thing everytime...then when it does log me in, it throws me to my account page by itself...everytime! It is so confusing.

:-)

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Kendall

Also, that archive old forum links to just the forums, not to the Daz freebie section. It is gone.

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478
    edited December 1969

First Entry

Beach nap on a warm summer day … wonderful
    Wake up covered with damp heavy sand … not so wonderful
    Having a younger brother and sister … AARRGGHH

Title: MOM!!!

Subtitle: YOU ARE BOTH SO DEAD.

Aiko 3
    A3 free site reg req
    short layered hair item 1
    Pneuma's Hair Fits Volume 3 free site reg req,
    LBB - Little Black Bikini for A3
    Kids 4
    all back style hair
    K4 Creeper Vest free site reg req
    football outfit for K4 free site reg req
    Scene
    morphing terrain free site reg req
    Morphing Puddle free site reg req. under castle
    Beach Toys item 1
    Samd Castles itrm 4

Not Listed
    K4 hair fits click hair fits page-1, item 4, site currently unavailable
    RobinHair item 7, same site as short layerd hair
    MPCycBeach was free with DAZ 3, not sure if it is in DAZ 4, can't find a download for 3
    Paid
    Kids 4

DAZ Studio 3.0
    Three Distance Lights One with Raytraced Shadow
    Two Spot Lights
    Image cropped to size with Photoshop Elements 6.

MOM!!!.jpg
    800 x 648 - 292K
  • Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey guys
    Winners of May challenge were just announced, come take a look, and see if you won ;)

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    I have no judges yet!....anyone?

:cheese:

music, as much as I am terrified.. count me in :) ..
    And now people, mercy, no 5 entries a day please :D

edited June 2012

dleelaw57 said:
    First Entry

Aiko 3
    A3 free site reg req
    short layered hair item 1
    Pneuma's Hair Fits Volume 3 free site reg req,
    LBB - Little Black Bikini for A3
    Kids 4
    all back style hair
    K4 Creeper Vest free site reg req
    football outfit for K4 free site reg req
    Scene
    morphing terrain free site reg req
    Morphing Puddle free site reg req. under castle
    Beach Toys item 1
    Samd Castles itrm 4

Not Listed
    K4 hair fits click hair fits page-1, item 4, site currently unavailable
    RobinHair item 7, same site as short layerd hair
    MPCycBeach was free with DAZ 3, not sure if it is in DAZ 4, can't find a download for 3
    Paid
    Kids 4

DAZ Studio 3.0
    Three Distance Lights One with Raytraced Shadow
    Two Spot Lights
    Image cropped to size with Photoshop Elements 6.

LOL...Now that's some summer fun! All links are good. KCTC included. You are good to go.

MOM!!!.jpg
    800 x 648 - 292K
    edited December 1969

Krissy said:
    music2u4u said:
    I have no judges yet!....anyone?

:cheese:

music, as much as I am terrified.. count me in :) ..
    And now people, mercy, no 5 entries a day please :D

Great...that's one, two more needed.

edited June 2012

Our good friend EBlank has been so gracious as to donate her new store textures for Hitomi outfit and hair to the 1st place winner. Here is a little sample of them:

hitomi-gruen.jpg
    724 x 1024 - 117K
    edited June 2012

this is a NAE... I ma still not happy with the lightning... I am thinking I like DS lightning much better..

But .. Kendall, what you think?? good??

music2.jpg
    639 x 798 - 75K
    Post edited by Gloomy007 on
  • Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

Not exactly a pin-up but definitively summer fun.
    One a the best moments of summer used to be when school ended.
    Title: The First Step

Happy girl: Kururu by mato. Site in japanese so I might have mixed up the name
    Clothing: HK jacket and skirt. by tentman. Site in japanese so I might have mixed up the name
    Shoes and socks: School shoes for Kururu by tentman. Registration required
    Hair: Mitsu Hair for Aiko from Anime Star Fighter by DAZ 3D. Registration required
    Book: Beach book by Trumarcar. Three down.
    Book texture: OLD TALES for the BEACH BOOK by Tiggersprings . Four down.
    Paper: Morphing Kleenex by Trekkiegrrrl. Deformers added. Registration required
    Steps: Ancient Parts & Pieces by A::DP. Registration required
    School: School building by Teatan. Registration required
    Sky texture: Simple Sunshine & SkySphere by KickAir 8P~. Registration required
    Hedge: Hedge_1 by ajfukuda. Registration required
    Buildings: Skyline by AdamThwaites.

Thanks to robkelk for the: Kururu Free Resources list.
    The trees in the distance are a home made prop. I borrowed the texture for the steps from the school.

Scene built and rendered in DS4pro. No postwork, the signature is a prop ;-)

Cheers! Oom.

edit typo

June1-C.jpg
    600 x 800 - 259K
    Post edited by Oom Fooyat on
    edited December 1969

Krissy said:
    this is a NAE... I ma still not happy with the lightning... I am thinking I like DS lightning much better..

But .. Kendall, what you think?? good??

Very classy! I like. :-)

Kendall

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Krissy - I'll agree with you that the lighting needs some work. It's got a couple of "hot spots" that are a little annoying and I know all too well how frustrating lighting can be. But, with that being said, the concept and execution of the piece is brilliant! I wish I'd though of it...

Oom Fooyat - I've never been a big fan of Anime (I used to love Astro Boy when I was a kid, but that was 50 years ago) and I always thought that 3D interpretations of that particular style looked even stranger than the 2D version, but...you really nailed it! What really comes off is the sheer exuberance of that last day of school and the freedom that summer allows. There's a wonderful feeling of movement against a static background that almost seems to create an explosion of action when viewing this piece.

Good grief! We're only 2 days into the month and there's already a slew of really good renders. I'm gonna hafta get busy...

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    edited December 1969

Just noticed the new thread.

music2u4u said:

If you are like me, you love EBlank's textures. He has been so kind as to donate some textures for the Hitomi outfit and hair for the 1st place winner.

She! Eblank is a She! :ohh:

Dana

edited December 1969

Cool! His pose is very natural looking.

Dana

edited December 1969

perlk said:

Very nice! Looks like we're off to a good start already.

Dana

edited December 1969

chohole said:

I actually tried that and it didn't work. :down:

Dana

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Perhaps there is a simple switch (software preference) that they forgot to flip on when they got it to the new server? :shut: How could it work and then not?

Dana

edited December 1969

dleelaw57 said:

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=2176_gWka5jfelCHwVQOAHq3T&board_id=1

This is so funny! :lol: Good job!

Dana

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Our good friend EBlank has been so gracious as to donate his her new store textures for Hitomi outfit and hair to the 1st place winner. Here is a little sample of them:

:-/

Dana

edited December 1969

One a the best moments of summer used to be when school ended.
    Title: The First Step

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=2208_wL0XsklcTKLILWYflB0h&board_id=1

Cheers! Oom.

Yes, she looks like she's having fun! More fun to follow!

Dana

edited December 1969

Wow, I'm all alone in here! Time to go eat and watch some TV.

Dana