Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

hmmm...why do I get the impression someone just said something really stupid to her?

Haha, that! Nice view and positioning.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Haha she has clearly been in my office the last week or so....

edited May 2016

Gen 2 Randomizer and Skin Builder Character - Morphing Fantasy Dress and Medieval Cloak - Princess of Winter
    Medea Hair - Jepes Flamez - Winter 2006

Winter Is Coming.png
    1024 x 819 - 2M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited May 2016

This is Aylin for Gen3F from Darwins Mishap(s). She is a shape and mats only not a full actor. This is her very pale preset she also has a human preset and skin as well. Some very interesting make ups, a couple of them geared very much toward horror but a good range I think. I don't do much horror at all but liked the character enough that having one or two makeup I might use only once was worth it to me. I really really like her narrower face.

Also use Iray Worlds Sky Dome for the water sky and lights and the Lothriel Gown - butterflies came as a separate prop with the gown which comes in five or six colors and the butterlies match the gown colors. alien plants are from DNA and the hair is Fantasy Warrior Hair with Iray hair shaders for the color

A Quiet Place to Be.png
    1024 x 819 - 1M
    edited May 2016

Tomoe - Gen 3 and the randomizer with Maia Hair and the dress is a freebie from the DS Creative magazine.  Will look it up once my stuff is done downloading. The background is from render studio, I really liked the floor texture choices.  Still struggling to understand exactly how to use Age of Armours Advanced spotlights etc.  He has a very good read me that I am trying to understand lol (Its not the read me, I am just not very good at the technical side of things. I am printing it so that i can just flip to the page I need when I am working on a scene that should help immensely.) 

Tomoe Gozen was a late 12th century female samurai warrior known for her bravery and strength

Tomoe.jpg
    1186 x 1920 - 1M
    edited May 2016

On The Way to Grandmothers House...

Fenris Wolf and Through the Woods - Just a quickie 3Delight render to see what the Fenris wolf looked like...

On the Way to Grandmothers House.jpg
    1186 x 1920 - 1M

On The Way to Grandmothers House...

Fenris Wolf and Through the Woods - Just a quickie 3Delight render to see what the Fenris wolf looked like...

I have this cooking in Iray. Looks way different and much cooler lol....

edited May 2016

Story Time

Story Time Iray Post Work.png
    804 x 808 - 1M
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited May 2016

For quick little test renders these are great images @IceDragonArt

Post edited by Kismet2012 on

Thank you! 

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

The Storytime render is fantastic!  I love the colors.

Thank you!
    edited May 2016

Another quickie in 3Delight.  Wanted to see what the Easy Environment Hell looked like and decided to throw in the Giant as I needed her to have something to shoot at and I haven't tried out the Giants yet either. I have to say the environment was, in fact, very easy to use and comes in both Iray and 3delight.  Has tons of moveable pats and stuff you can hide if you need.  Pre lit (major bonus for me lol) and a ton of cameras which I really didnt get a chance to check out to closely yet.  Very user friendly set.  The Giant is as well, the pants auto conformed to the morph with no problems at all.

Gaint Attack.png
    1280 x 1280 - 2M
    edited May 2016

Working my way through my G2F models.  Bunny with Night Fever Hair and Vintage Rose Dress. I used Fabric Shaders 2 and Orimono Elegence on the dress.

3Delight

Bunny G2F 3Delight Test.png
    791 x 1280 - 1M
    edited May 2016

Danika (with fangs) Iray Test.  MFD Gothic and Romance Hair,changed the flowers to blood red to match the dress.  Aslan Court.  Not thrilled with the lighting the extra light is too white and too bright but for some reason this took over 8 hours and was at 87% when I stopped it.  For a character test, it wasn't worth doing it again just to move one light.

Danika Gen2F Iray Test.png
    791 x 1280 - 1M
    edited May 2016

This Beau for Stephanie 6 with Fiora hair.  The much lighter on is Iray and the darker one is 3Delight.  I did nothing different at all except make the materials Iray compatible. At first, I was like, wait a minute this is way too bright.  But then I decided that maybe I liked it like this so I let it keep going.  I actually like the brighter washed out one (not my usual cup of tea but it really grew on me) So I decided to leave it as is.  the Iray one is only 57% done but its been a couple days and I decided enough was enough.

Beau Iray.jpg
    1186 x 1920 - 2M
    Beau 3Delight.jpg
    1186 x 1920 - 1M
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

I really like the Danika render, the light wors good, I really would like to see a story develop around that. The Beau with the overexposed light is interesting as well, and you are right it looks more interesting that the darker version. Probably works because its tending towards the toony side.

Thank you!  I will put the Danika one in my folder of to rework and add something to later stack lol. Not sure what but hopefully I will think of something.  I had a terrible time trying to adjust the dress though which really limited what I could do with it.

edited May 2016

Getting Ready For - Almost time to go....

Destiny for Olympia 6

Daz Dragon 3

Getting Ready For War.png
    1024 x 819 - 2M
    edited May 2016

Akiko for Gen3F with MFD Medieval and Long Shag Hair

Akiko Medieval Dress.png
    506 x 819 - 671K
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317

The Akiko portraits works very well.  The highlight over the left shoulder generates some nice depth. Good technique.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I agree with Linwelly.  You should work on the Danika image some more.  It would be nice to see you flesh that out and do more with it.  I like the dragon image, too.  Akiko is nice and FB has a point about that light.  It certainly adds something to the overall image.  I'd consider doing a little more with that image too, possibly doing more with the background to make her stand out a little bit more or maybe just had a hairlight as it is the hair that mostly seems to be blending into the background.

Overall, you've had some really good images as possible images to go back to make into spectacular images.

Thank you!  I have started a folder of things to work on a bit more as I am starting to feel more comfortable with the whole program.  I won't really be able to do more than quick things until we get back from vacation as we are leaving soon and am trying to get everything that needs to get done, done lol. Which leave me about an hour or two before bed to play.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Thank you!  I have started a folder of things to work on a bit more as I am starting to feel more comfortable with the whole program.  I won't really be able to do more than quick things until we get back from vacation as we are leaving soon and am trying to get everything that needs to get done, done lol. Which leave me about an hour or two before bed to play.

It's amazing what can be done in a hour or two though.  Nice work Ice Dragon Art.

Thank you very much!

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Danika (with fangs) Iray Test.  MFD Gothic and Romance Hair,changed the flowers to blood red to match the dress.  Aslan Court.  Not thrilled with the lighting the extra light is too white and too bright but for some reason this took over 8 hours and was at 87% when I stopped it.  For a character test, it wasn't worth doing it again just to move one light.

Forget the character test - this one has potential to be a great portrait!  I really like this one, Sonja.  The pose and the drape of the skirt is elegant, and the expression is very good. 

8 hours is out of control, for sure.  I've heard that sometimes Iray can bog down - maybe it's your lights?  I really think you should revisit this one and fix it. It has artistic elements and can be a fantastic render if you have the patience to work with it and nail it. 

Have some suggestions:

If you have a spotlight on her, move it over so that the light touches the right side of her cheek.  That will bring in the drama with light and shadows on her face.  The white color of the light hints at sunlight - not too good for a vampire girl.  If the light is coming from a lamp, candles, etc., give it a slight yellow color, down near the bottom of the color picker where it is neutral.  If the light is moonlight, make it a slightly blue tint. 

If you have a window frame, put it off camera and position your light behind it so that the slats are shadows on the floor - to give the effect that there is moonlight coming through the window and shining on her.  You can kit bash the window off of one of your sets. 

dracorn said:

Forget the character test - this one has potential to be a great portrait!  I really like this one, Sonja.  The pose and the drape of the skirt is elegant, and the expression is very good. 

8 hours is out of control, for sure.  I've heard that sometimes Iray can bog down - maybe it's your lights?  I really think you should revisit this one and fix it. It has artistic elements and can be a fantastic render if you have the patience to work with it and nail it. 

Have some suggestions:

If you have a spotlight on her, move it over so that the light touches the right side of her cheek.  That will bring in the drama with light and shadows on her face.  The white color of the light hints at sunlight - not too good for a vampire girl.  If the light is coming from a lamp, candles, etc., give it a slight yellow color, down near the bottom of the color picker where it is neutral.  If the light is moonlight, make it a slightly blue tint. 

If you have a window frame, put it off camera and position your light behind it so that the slats are shadows on the floor - to give the effect that there is moonlight coming through the window and shining on her.  You can kit bash the window off of one of your sets. 

Thanks!  yes this one is slated for further work.  We are goign on vacation in less than a week though so its going to have to wait.  There is a large photometric sphere from a light set over her head to the left a bit that will have to be re worked I definitely want to put something more candlelighty (is that even a word) into this one.  the prop is Aslan court, which I just plopped into the scene since I was more interested in seeing what the character actually looked like so I will have to take a closer look at it as well as I am sure it has some beautiful features given the who the artist is lol.

edited June 2016

Feylin Autumn with the MFD Autumn Princess and Bloomingwood Hair

Summer to Winter.png
    516 x 835 - 505K
    edited June 2016

Weapons test for Strangefate.  He is going to be a force to reconned with these are awesome.  Missed that I was slightly off on the bottom hand, forgot to check it from this angle.  These are super easy to work with.  And they look fantastic. Used Aylin by DarwinsMishaps.  Fast becoming one of my faves.

Battle Axe and Pose Test Render.png
    1080 x 1747 - 3M
    edited June 2016

Another test render of the battle axe.  I still have to try out the hammer the swords etc..... Beautiful work.  Aylin again in her fairy mode.

Gaurd Duty.png
    1080 x 1747 - 3M
This discussion has been closed.