Platinum Club 10th Anniversary Sale Discussion

Comments

• ameesa001@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    Is it just me or was the Old Fashioned Bicycles free yesterday? I didn't check out then and now its $9?

Huh? :-/

Best to get freebies as soon as you see them. I think the bicycles were the weekly freebies. Current limited time freebies are Moongate (which I think is the weekly) and Pickup Dred (which may be either a special for the PC anniversary or the PC monthly).

• pixelkid76pixelkid76 Posts: 25
    edited October 2012

Hi there,

can anyone tell me which category is on sale right now?

pk

Post edited by pixelkid76 on
  • KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I don't think anyone who is going to answer you in the forums will know the answer to that one, sorry. The PC sale is never the same 2 years running.

Kinda makes them more fun that way, doncha think?

edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    I really hope that's a mistake. I held back (somewhat) on the PA sale in anticipation of PC goodness during Anniversary month but I'm starting to regret that. True this is only Day One and there are 30 more to go but the way things look now I'm not that optimistic. Last year I sat on the fence so hard I nearly got splinters but I renewed. This year? My splinters have splinters and Rendo Prime is looking better and better by a country mile.

I have both. Each has advantages & disadvantages but together they make a pretty cool arrangement.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited October 2012

Kludge said:

I have both. Each has advantages & disadvantages but together they make a pretty cool arrangement.

Sounds like a cocktail my wallet can't stomach. Personally I'm not trying to spend money that regularly. If I was able to do that I could see how that would work though.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    I can hardly contain myself!

Please don't explode! It's messy and rather hard to explain. :lol:

edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    Is it just me or was the Old Fashioned Bicycles free yesterday? I didn't check out then and now its $9?

Free to PC members for new items only lasts a short while before it goes away and the regular price takes effect, It's best to grab them when they shine.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Nightsong said:
    What I was just told by customer service:
    Joanie Frerichs, Oct 02 16:52 (MDT):
    $10 = PC-S@VINGS-10
    I was just informed that this coupon will only work for orders of $100 or more.

You're not serious!!! Dude, that needs to be posted on the page! I was looking forward to that coupon...
    I KNEW that was too good to be true. :coolmad:
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited October 2012

Kludge said:
    cridgit said:

Free to PC members for new items only lasts a short while before it goes away and the regular price takes effect, It's best to grab them when they shine.

That wasn't a PC freebie - it was a normal weekly freebie

Weekly freebies come out every Tuesday. They are free for EVERYONE, not just PC members, and are free only until the end of the day Daz time on the FOLLOWING Tuesday (this used to be easier when the items in the store actually had a sale ending date on them *sigh*)

This week's freebie is the Moon Gate, and it will be free through next Tuesday

The first post in this thread seems to indicate that during this month, there are going to be weekly PC ONLY freebies (not sure if this is in addition to or instead of the monthly PC freebie they started a few months ago but I'm guessing instead of).

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8870/

The Pickup Dred is the first weekly October Freebie for PC Members only,

The way you can check this is that when you're logged out of the store (and I seem to ALWAYS be logged out), you'll see the weekly freebies as still free, but the PC only freebies will be full price

Hope this helps

Post edited by Alisa Uh-Lisa on
  • atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

*kicks dumb thread for not sending notifications* I can see this is going to be a great month -_-

*waits for the 99c sale to start*

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

Hi there,

pk

Vacuum, Empty Space and Null Voids

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    *kicks dumb thread for not sending notifications* I can see this is going to be a great month -_-

It appears to have started: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/daz-originals?dir=asc&order=price scroll down past the free stuff
    edited December 1969

atryeu said:

Assuming it IS a 99c sale - that wasn't stated. Just "Weekly Platinum Club Category Sales"

GRRRRRRRRRRRR. Almost every time I try to post, it just goes to a blank "Post Reply" page. I have to do it about 5 times before it works

• Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Nightsong said:
    What I was just told by customer service:
    Joanie Frerichs, Oct 02 16:52 (MDT):
    $10 = PC-S@VINGS-10
    I was just informed that this coupon will only work for orders of $100 or more.

You're not serious!!! Dude, that needs to be posted on the page! I was looking forward to that coupon...

I KNEW that was too good to be true. :coolmad:

. . . . . . :down: Ohhhhhh. This is not good.

edited December 1969

atryeu said:

It appears to have started: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/daz-originals?dir=asc&order=price scroll down past the free stuff

*sigh* by the time my post actually posted, your post was here, and I see it obviously IS a 99 cent sale. I am glad they're doing this! Hopefully these will be put into their own category.

edited December 1969

atryeu said:

things just got interesting!

edited December 1969

Thanks for the heads up Scott! Looks to be a goth/halloween sale to start with... hmm.... I better go buy my GC today with what little money I do have. Might go to town tomorrow so maybe I can get another prepaid card for the month too.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR. Almost every time I try to post, it just goes to a blank “Post Reply” page. I have to do it about 5 times before it works

In addition to the threads not sending notification I get that same problem too! It didn't happen before those problems last weekend either, but it happens a lot now it seems. If I can't get it within 2-3 tries I've been just giving up. The stress of it all isn't worth the effort to try and get it to work -_-

• pixelkid76pixelkid76 Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Hi there,

pk

btw I need some more empty space on my hd ;)

edited December 1969

Kludge said:

Sounds like a cocktail my wallet can't stomach. Personally I'm not trying to spend money that regularly. If I was able to do that I could see how that would work though.

I'm not all that wealthy since I live on a disability pension but I've found that judicious use of each helps in the long run. My PC membership is monthly which costs more each year than an annual one but is easier on my wallet. (I wish the Prime membership was the same but Rendo hasn't done that yet.) I make back each month more than the cost of the PC membership and have already made back the cost of the Prime membership (which is up for renewal pretty soon, I think) and then some. At the same time, I make budget arrangements for the catch up part of the monthly sales since the end of them usually overlaps when my pension is deposited. It's rare I can manage more than around $150 for those occasions and more often the max is $100 but with judicious selection and a bunch of luck, I can expand my set of toiz to maximum effect. (Did that make sense? I'm still working on my 1st liter of coffee.)

edited December 1969

my guess is the theme that is on sale right now is creepy environments. Everything thats a buck is where you go when you die ;) Or places your likely to die in a horror movie. Useful indeed :)

• Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 398
    edited December 1969

Ohhh shiny scary stuff, awesome. It's like Hallowe'en came early!

edited December 1969

Hi there,

pk

What? My cranial cavity is on sale?

edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    (Did that make sense? I'm still working on my 1st liter of coffee.)

Certainly did. Once I get around to using some of the content I bought back in march I might be able to justify spending on some new stuff. I kick myself every time I see items i bought during March Madness that I still haven't used. But at the time i said "I NEED THIS NOW".

edited October 2012

So I wonder if we are going to have to figure out the category sales on our own all month. Maybe they should give the first person who post the discovery a treat for being so helpful :)

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

torgas said:
    Okay so if I was an annual PC member whose account expired this month to renew, I have to pay $69 or $99? I've tried adding it and it came back stating $99.

I asked about this months ago, no-one's said anything yet. Well, now's the time for an answer, and my PC renewal is due next month. Anyone know...?

< sigh >

We offer a 30 day grace period of when you expire. You may need to contact Britney in Sales Support to have her work on the charge to make it right. But you don't have to pay the extra if you are within the 30 days of expiring.

Great news, Right?

edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    I just wish you could get things working!

PC-S@VINGS-10 applied didnt give the discount just sent me back to the payment options after clicking continue! I try again now its invalid.

Call in to the support line, they can help you with your order.

edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    (Did that make sense? I'm still working on my 1st liter of coffee.)

Certainly did. Once I get around to using some of the content I bought back in march I might be able to justify spending on some new stuff. I kick myself every time I see items i bought during March Madness that I still haven't used. But at the time i said "I NEED THIS NOW".

Where I have a possible advantage is that I have an extremely limited number of projects, one an AV project so my daughter and I can be together in the digital world since we can't be for a while in the real world and the other one I'd rather not discuss in a G-rated environment but is amusing to play with. The former is far more important because she's terminally ill and needs Daddy close much as I need to be with her. That can't happen yet so this is a substitute, poor as it is. The latter helps relieve frustration ... kinda sorta.

Anyway, having that sort of limitation allows me to be somewhat more selective in what I get including software and the like. Fur zample, I finally managed to get Omnifreaker's big shader pack last month which was a huge single-item investment for me but one with an even better return. I was even able to squeeze in a couple of Dreamlight's pointers, one to go with Omnifreaker's point light shader.

Setting limits on where I want or need to go with various renders even helps me being selective on freebies at ShareCG, Rendo et al. Yes! Someone who doesn't grab everything that's free. Isn't that illegal or something? :lol:

edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    Grr, apparently Daz doesn't want me to be a part of the sale... The forum software won't send me notifications!!! :( I'm done for the night anyway. I'm sick and tired of trying to track down threads because it won't send notifications :(

You may need to unsubscribe the subscribe again to the thread. If you don't click on the links to the threads in your email, it may be taking you out of the notifications.

Hope this works for you.

edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    Someone who doesn't grab everything that's free. Isn't that illegal or something? :lol:

:) No it makes a lot of sense. I can't keep up with all the freebies I downloaded in the last few months. Haven't installed them either. Limiting what you acquire whether it be a freebie or paid is a good idea just because of the time it takes to manage content.

edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    Grr, apparently Daz doesn't want me to be a part of the sale... The forum software won't send me notifications!!! :( I'm done for the night anyway. I'm sick and tired of trying to track down threads because it won't send notifications :(

You may need to unsubscribe the subscribe again to the thread. If you don't click on the links to the threads in your email, it may be taking you out of the notifications.

Hope this works for you.

I did try that this morning and it didn't work :( I normally only click the notification links in the emails I get rather than browsing the forums and going into threads I'm subscribed to. This has been going on since the site problems last weekend. I never had the problem before then.