• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    is the moongate free for anybody?

Damn, I payed for it already....

Ouch!

• jade monkeyjade monkey Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

well, i'm sort of excited -- and sort of nervous! i was hoping for some info about annual renewals, too, since i've seen so many people having trouble with their memberships lately, and mine is up this month....
    plus, i've been here so long, i didn't even use my coupon last month, i have most of the daz originals from all the previous sales...wonder if i'll actually get to use 10 whole dollars this month...?
    but, still, i can manage a tiny *squee*, since i do love jack tomalin's stuff, so that's a nice start!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,441
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    is the moongate free for anybody?

Damn, I payed for it already....

Ouch!
    Was $1.99 so brittney will have to work a little (again),but this time it wasn't me (usually I buy things and then when I move the installers into my backup it says "file already exists", checking old order and yes I find it.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242
    edited October 2012

Well, there are always changes, and I suspected that this year there would be more of a change than usual. 10 is a large enough number that if they used the old template, with 10 daily winners, they'd either have to change the voting list every 2-3 days, or the whole thing would be over in a week.

The extra coupons (the monthly one and a bonus one sometime during the month) mean that at least a couple of times during the event one could effectively get at least one (or maybe two) of the voting poll winners for free, since these are all DAZ Originals that we're voting on, and I would expect the coupons to apply.

The increased PC discount could be nice. The PC category sales could be very nice (particularly if they tell us what they are). Render contests are always fun to watch.

And I *like* getting new PC items on a Tuesday! Particularly when they are sets and props and vehicles (I'll not say no to the texture set for the Genesis outfit, either. I use Genesis.)

Post edited by JOdel on
  • Torgan ArtTorgan Art Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

Okay so if I was an annual PC member whose account expired this month to renew, I have to pay $69 or $99? I've tried adding it and it came back stating $99.

• kimreb55thkimreb55th Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Glad to see we are up and running and it looks like Daz are putting quite a bit of effort into the PC sale. Some great new stuff already up, but the "Buy All Bonus" is a bit disappointing, as I already own both the Victoria 5 and Stephanie 5 pro bundles. Still, you can't win them all.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Are you logged in store when you add the item?

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Are you logged in store when you add the item?

i was logged in myself.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited October 2012

3drendero said:
    . . . The buy it all bonus stephanie 5 pro is unknown to me, what do I need to buy for how much?

how did you find that out?

https://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions
    Snazzy stuff so far!

But I've got a gripe (yes I always gripe about something, but this is a real problem) about the Buy It All Bonus: "Buy ALL of the Platinum Club new releases and cross-over items and get your choice of Victoria 5 or Stephanie 5 Pro Bundles FREE" -- no Michael 5 Pro Bundle? Once again the male-figure users in the PlatClub membership are shorted?

I've already got all three bundles so no skin off my nose (aside from my thereby being completely ineligible for the Buy It All simply because I'm a good customer), but in principle? This is wrong.

screenshot.02-10-2012_15_.43_.49_.png
    414 x 72 - 1K
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
    edited December 1969

KickAir I thought that too, but really didn't care since I already have M5. I don't really like buy alls either. They force you to buy stuff you don't want or need. SO this actually works for me!

I'm just glad they aren't doing a buy this today, save x% tommorow gimmick.

Oh, and when will a category go on sale? I'm bored already.

• ChristenChristen Posts: 240
    edited December 1969

But I've got a gripe (yes I always gripe about something, but this is a real problem) about the Buy It All Bonus: "Buy ALL of the Platinum Club new releases and cross-over items and get your choice of Victoria 5 or Stephanie 5 Pro Bundles FREE" -- no Michael 5 Pro Bundle? Once again the male-figure users in the PlatClub membership are shorted?

Not to mention anyone that isn't using the new DS versions. Sorry, but it had to be said. I rarely attempt the "buy it all" anyways, so I'm not too concerned with this. Sucks for others though. I did grab today's props. Everyone can use those, so good day for me. Hopefully today sets the tone for the entire sale (hint, hint).

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,742
    edited December 1969

I'm just glad they aren't doing a buy this today, save x% tommorow gimmick.

Amen.

Oh, and when will a category go on sale? I'm bored already.

Truth. With the way the Member's Choice has been hacked, it looks like the category sales are going to be the major part of the sale...

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Well I don't have Stephanie 5, I was waiting for the 65% off sale. I'll see what these category sales are like. How is the bonus supposed to work, do they have some buy-it all button at the end of the sale?

• scal.64.psscal.64.ps Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

hi everyone, well i finally could make work my $6 and $4 coupies but the $10 doesnt
    try to buy the genesis supersuit with it but i just get an "invalid coupon code" when i try to apply it despite the genesis supersuit is a Daz 3D item

• earth2dearth2d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

torgas said:
    Okay so if I was an annual PC member whose account expired this month to renew, I have to pay $69 or $99? I've tried adding it and it came back stating $99.

I read it is 69.95 + 30.00 activation fee? Let me go back and look at that again!! :ohh:

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

earth2d said:
    torgas said:

I read it is 69.95 + 30.00 activation fee? Let me go back and look at that again!! :ohh:

$30 is normally a joining fee with it being 69.95 after that unless you let your membership lapse...

• ElgyfuElgyfu Posts: 279
    edited December 1969

I do hope this is all going to be nice and simple.

I have missed out on things in the past because Daz sales seem to get more and more complicated.

Perhaps I am just stupid, heh.

• HoppittyHoppitty Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious (this is my first PC sale), but how exactly will the buy-it-all bonus work? I already have V5, but not Steph 5, so it seems tempting. :P I get that I'd have to buy all the new PC items that come out during the sale, but how many will there be? How often do they come out? Daily, weekly?

Thanks in advance!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I don't think anyone who is going to answer you in the forums will know the answer to that one, sorry. The PC sale is never the same 2 years running.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

For what it's worth, my reading was that the bonus would be for the new items released as Platinum Club items this month.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Buy it all Bonus

Buy ALL of the Platinum Club new releases and cross-over items and get your choice of Victoria 5, or Stephanie 5 Pro Bundles FREE

I agree with Richard, and the cross-over items I take it to mean texture sets also released for these items.

• Alethas FantasyAlethas Fantasy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The Muelsfell Medieval Winery Texture Set & Moon Gate Is not working.

The other 2 freebie worked, Old Fashioned Bicycles & aniMate Monster Pack Sampler.

Anyone having problems ?

• ObsidianpoetObsidianpoet Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

Ok, well this looks like it could be my last year. I barely have 69 dollars to renew, but now they want 99 if I read it right? I've been a member for several years. I'm treading carefully. Unfortunately I switched to poser, while I loved Genesis, I just got into Poser. I don't want to bother with exporting things; so I only get stuff for V4 and M4. I'm just now after 3 years starting to use M4....my membership doesn't expire until 2/13...but so far the outlook is looking grim. At least I can use some coupons. :)

My last few months here have been rather frustrating with all these changes. At least I'm getting the newsletter again.

Hopefully wishing for surprises :)

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

Here's what I'm hoping for.

* Incentive to renew annually (last year offered $30 voucher)
    * More $1.99 Member's Choice bundles (like last year)

Not yet excited, but these sales tend to build up momentum as they go... :)

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Ok, well this looks like it could be my last year. I barely have 69 dollars to renew, but now they want 99 if I read it right? I've been a member for several years. I'm treading carefully. Unfortunately I switched to poser, while I loved Genesis, I just got into Poser. I don't want to bother with exporting things; so I only get stuff for V4 and M4. I'm just now after 3 years starting to use M4....my membership doesn't expire until 2/13...but so far the outlook is looking grim. At least I can use some coupons. :)

My last few months here have been rather frustrating with all these changes. At least I'm getting the newsletter again.

Hopefully wishing for surprises :)

The text on the Annual Membership page says that it will automatically renew (at the $70 cost) when your current account expires. I do not know if there is any way to purchase the renewal early, though I think it may be possible from the My Subscriptions page under My Account.

It would be really nice if someone from DAZ (as opposed to someone making educated guesses) would come in and say something.

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

How gorgeous are Atrophy and Parkside Heath????
    Simply inspiring. :)

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited December 1969

Darn, I was hoping to start off with an Extravaganza Bundle! (Well I'm glad I got all six, count 'em SIX of them last year!)

I have high expectations for the TEN YEAR PC ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION!!

I know they have some suprises up their sleeves for us!

Don't make me eat crow!!

I want that 50's DINER!!

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

I just wish you could get things working!

PC-S@VINGS-10 applied didnt give the discount just sent me back to the payment options after clicking continue! I try again now its invalid.

• GhostpantherGhostpanther Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

At first all the promotions look very good, but I fear, that we can use the coupons only at once and not all together.
    Am I right ?

I really would love to have the old way back, when we could use parts of the coupon money and wait until we used it all and as well I would love to use all the coupons together, if there might be a product, which I really want to have.

At the moment I can only say, thank you for the $20 extra *YESSSSS* and pleaaaaaaase - give us as many interesting and discounted items as possible ;-))