Platinum Club 10th Anniversary Sale Discussion

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

torgas said:
    Okay so if I was an annual PC member whose account expired this month to renew, I have to pay $69 or $99? I've tried adding it and it came back stating $99.

I asked about this months ago, no-one's said anything yet. Well, now's the time for an answer, and my PC renewal is due next month. Anyone know...?

< sigh >

• ObsidianpoetObsidianpoet Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

I can't get the coupons on the page to work, the extra 4 dollars and the extra 10 dollars off originals. Did I just spend an hour shopping for no reason? :(

• edited December 1969

The Platinum Club 10th Anniversary Sale site page says:

"Weekly Platinum Club Category Sales

Entire categories on sale"

Which is wonderful, but what category is on sale now? There does not appear to be a link to it.

edited December 1969

I just called DAZ and they are going to look at the two coupons and see why they are not working. Both the 4$ and 10$. Hopefully they will be fixed soon :0)

• earth2dearth2d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I just called DAZ and they are going to look at the two coupons and see why they are not working. Both the 4$ and 10$. Hopefully they will be fixed soon :0)

I believe that is a $6 and $4 cupon that totals 10 bucks :)

• DAZ_BrianDAZ_Brian Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

abashful1 said:
    The Platinum Club 10th Anniversary Sale site page says:

"Weekly Platinum Club Category Sales

Entire categories on sale"

Which is wonderful, but what category is on sale now? There does not appear to be a link to it.

Category sales... .still coming

edited December 1969

Keep an eye on the first page of this thread. There is a freebie waiting for you for a limited time!!! :-)

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

earth2d said:
    Keep an eye on the first page of this thread. There is a freebie waiting for you for a limited time!!! :-)

thanks, that was sneaky of them to update that after the fact!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

"For a limited time"? How limited? When we're still waiting (and waiting, and waiting...) for sale end dates to appear on store pages, DAZ saying something is up "for a limited time" is slightly less than useful.

edited December 1969

earth2d said:

thanks, that was sneaky of them to update that after the fact!

I believe they said to keep your eyes open and watch out for other things being on sale, etc. It was not stated in the words that I just use. So don't quote me!!

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

*cries* Why are nearly all of the threads not sending me notifications? This has been going on for days now and it has spread across almost all of the topics I'm subscribed to... the latest being this thread and the voting thread :(

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

*facepalm* (Yes I'm back, blame Significant Otter who snores like a chainsaw.) Picked that car-thingie when it was 1.99 item. Ah well, Zendesk, here we come :)

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited December 1969

Yawn.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    I just wish you could get things working!

PC-S@VINGS-10 applied didnt give the discount just sent me back to the payment options after clicking continue! I try again now its invalid.

As that is in the things to look forward to column...I'm not suprised!
  • Torgan ArtTorgan Art Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

Okay so I went to My Account and into my Subscriptions and I see that my annual PC club is going to auto-renew on 10/8/2012, and that's fine, but for what price? $69 or $99? Also I tried to do the "Pay Now" option and I'm getting the error "Unable to create the order at this time."

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,124
    edited December 1969

Why is this thread located in the members only area..... don't they want new members??

edited December 1969

What the site says:

Get $10.00 off
    Coupon good for $10 off DAZ Originals
    $10 = PC-S@VINGS-10

What I was just told by customer service:
    Joanie Frerichs, Oct 02 16:52 (MDT):
    $10 = PC-S@VINGS-10
    I was just informed that this coupon will only work for orders of $100 or more.

What a let down. No stuff for me :( Guess I really am done with PC.

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

What the site says:

Get $10.00 off
    $10 = PC-S@VINGS-10

$10 = PC-S@VINGS-10

That's a real shame. I bought all the DOs I need in that huge $500 for $250 sale two months ago, so I guess I'll be giving this particular coupon a miss too...

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Might be usable to me, but only after 21st of this month.

• Mary WilliamsMary Williams Posts: 108
    edited October 2012

$10 = PC-S@VINGS-10

You're not serious!!! Dude, that needs to be posted on the page! I was looking forward to that coupon...

Post edited by Mary Williams on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

How does one submit to the render contest?

What are the rules? Does "10th Anniversary PC item" just mean any PC item that's on sale right now? Should the render primarily be of one of those items, or simply anything that happens to use it even if it's not the primary focus of the scene?

edited December 1969

What the site says:

Get $10.00 off
    $10 = PC-S@VINGS-10

$10 = PC-S@VINGS-10

I HATE coupons for this reason :( All the sites that use them require a minimum purchase half the time. If that is the case here they need to have clearly stated that on the page. It's yet another depressing bit of news that comes with the start of the PC sale this year already :( This year is supposed to be a milestone for Daz. It's supposed to top previous years, not become worse :(

Why is this thread located in the members only area….. don’t they want new members??

Every since 2007 when I joined the PC, the main sale threads have always been in the Members forum. Normally there is a thread posted in The Commons trying to draw in more members but all of the sale-related stuff gets posted to the Members forum.

• edited December 1969

Are plug-ins like GenX usually a part of the sale?

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

ragaray said:
    Are plug-ins like GenX usually a part of the sale?

No, GenX is a PA item, not a PC item - and it was just half price till yesterday in the catchup sale.

I would like to hear about this $10 from someone at Daz who writes in the forums - no offence to customer service, but if this is the case, that you have to buy $100 of stuff to use it, that sure makes things even less nice as far as I'm concerned for the PC sale. And it needs to be corrected immediately in the thread.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited December 1969

I really hope that's a mistake. I held back (somewhat) on the PA sale in anticipation of PC goodness during Anniversary month but I'm starting to regret that. True this is only Day One and there are 30 more to go but the way things look now I'm not that optimistic. Last year I sat on the fence so hard I nearly got splinters but I renewed. This year? My splinters have splinters and Rendo Prime is looking better and better by a country mile.

edited December 1969

Grr, apparently Daz doesn't want me to be a part of the sale... The forum software won't send me notifications!!! :( I'm done for the night anyway. I'm sick and tired of trying to track down threads because it won't send notifications :(

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

That's a real shame. I bought all the DOs I need in that huge $500 for $250 sale two months ago, so I guess I'll be giving this particular coupon a miss too...

That was the best sale of the year, I put a bunch of PA items in it too so I could basically get half off PA items. So far nothing has touched it since, including the PA sale(well there were some new items in the PA sale that were good to grab)

• ExtremeAlphaExtremeAlpha Posts: 82
    edited December 1969

earth2d said:
    torgas said:
    Okay so if I was an annual PC member whose account expired this month to renew, I have to pay $69 or $99? I've tried adding it and it came back stating $99.

I read it is 69.95 + 30.00 activation fee? Let me go back and look at that again!! :ohh:

I had the same problem. If you buy it and email customer support with your order number they will refund the $30.00 back to your credit card or PayPal account. There is a glitch in their system.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    I really hope that's a mistake. I held back (somewhat) on the PA sale in anticipation of PC goodness during Anniversary month but I'm starting to regret that. True this is only Day One and there are 30 more to go but the way things look now I'm not that optimistic. Last year I sat on the fence so hard I nearly got splinters but I renewed. This year? My splinters have splinters and Rendo Prime is looking better and better by a country mile.

Yeah, same here, wished I had bought Cthulhu Rising after all, doesn't look like I will be spending much during this sale.

The core of it all, the member's choice poll is just shockingly bad. I don't think I need to get into details as to how inferior this is to previous years.

The Buy It All thing is almost amusingly bad, I mean, they are really baiting us with old, basic items? They didn't even feel like promoting Stephanie 5 themselves a few weeks back....

The PC item category sale....well, that's OK I guess, although I personally almost never buy something from those since the categories never ever appeal to me.

Then there are two of those...random...blabla....oh, sorry, you lost me at random, I don't care for games of chance.

Then there is the inevitable DAZ Original sale we have every other week. yaaaaaay....

And the increase of DAZ Original discount. Which is nice, but, well, had that before and while it doesn't suck it's also not really great.

Also we get a bunch of coupons which may even add up to the amount of vouchers we got in previous years, only that now they come with the awesome downsides of one-time-use, only DO coupons.....

Finally, I like what they did with the giant bag of items and $30 voucher for those who bought the annual signup. As in just completely take that away.
    I remember how I brought that up in favor of DAZ during the Prime membership renewal discussion on Renderosity. Boy, do I feel stupid now :D

So basically, if you have been here for a small while and already got a lot of DAZ Originals, this sale is pretty boring and they did not even start the usual parade of DAZ catastrophes we tend to get with those sales (which should be even more severe and entertaining now in this new system).

I recall someone pointing out how DAZ really needs to work hard to get some of the disgruntled Poser users back. Well, spoiler alert, they ain't gonna accomplish that with old DAZ Originals. So, with even the renewal incentives gone, this is going to be the great Poser user goodbye sale, I guess?

I mean it's not a surprise giving how things have been going around here, so I guess on the positive side, yaaaaay, that feeling I had that they would botch this one, too, was right.

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

I have no idea how the $6.00 and $4.00 coupon works. Especially if you cannot combine them. Could someone please explain that to me? Do we use only one coupon at a time or am I just not understanding how it all works? Thank you and take care :-).