Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited May 2016

I'll Meet You At The Gate

Gen2F- Norma -Nimue Hair (loving this hair, I can tell its going to be a favorite)

MFS - Princess of Darkness - Dress & Tiara (MFM)

Skies of Iradiance Iray

Mec4d's contstruction shader from set 2 on the walls of the Tower 13

ill Meet You At The Gate .png
    1024 x 819 - 1M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

That looks nice, Sonja!

Thank you! Not bad for aomething put together in 45 min. I would like to to add a bit more ligjt to both and spend some time retezturing the hippocampus Still just running quick tests of my contwnt but need to star putting something together for the new users contest.

Yeah, I haven't even thought of an entry idea yet!  Action with props is not really my best thing to do.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    Thank you! Not bad for aomething put together in 45 min. I would like to to add a bit more ligjt to both and spend some time retezturing the hippocampus Still just running quick tests of my contwnt but need to star putting something together for the new users contest.

Running quick tests can produce some very nice renders like this last one of yours. 

wow can you tell I was typing on my phone ?  Lol.  Thank you Ksimet!  Several of these quick tests are slated for more work or a redo in the future to develop them a bit further.

Cathy I am struggling with ideas as well, and am hoping that something at some point says, hey, use me lol

wow can you tell I was typing on my phone ?  Lol.  Thank you Ksimet!  Several of these quick tests are slated for more work or a redo in the future to develop them a bit further.

Cathy I am struggling with ideas as well, and am hoping that something at some point says, hey, use me lol

I'm hoping for the same.  At the moment still waiting for my creature render for the PC Monthly contest to finish then I can worry about the New User contest. I hope to come up with a glimmer of an idea to start working on tonight.

edited May 2016

Muyaree for Mei Lin 6 3Delight and Iray.  I like her better in Iray but in both her hand looks like its too big.  I actually sized it down about 10% and it still looks odd to me.  The hair is desidaria hair.   ended up applying it twice to give it a bit more body and fullness.  This is the Pixium dress and wings, a note on the dress if you want to apply the textures it HAS to be autofitted to G2F.  There is a thread floating around somewhere on it. rocks and props background.

Mayuree for Mei Lin 6 3Delight.jpg
    633 x 1024 - 288K
    Mayuree for Mei Lin 6.jpg
    633 x 1024 - 367K

I have to say I like how the lighting looks with her in Iray.  Maybe if you pull that thumb in more so it is bent behind the palm somewhat, it won't look quite as big.  I don't remember if I have her.  Did she come with the Pro bundle?  If so, I haven't pulled her out to render yet.

She must have come with the bundle cause I don't remember buying her separately lol.  Ya the thumb is a problem coupled with the way the shadow is hitting it, it just looks off.

edited May 2016

Why yes, yes that WAS sarcarsm....

Nyssa for V6

Calla Cascade Hair I really like this hair BUT I  was seriosuly frustrated with the wind morphs.  They worked fine the first time I used them but I changed the hair color and tried to change the morphs and it just stopped responding,  Which is why the hair is not blowing around her face anymore lol.  And its a bit complicated as far as what you have to parent to what to get things to work.  I think once I figure out exactly how it works though it will be a great hair with lots of possibilities.

Sighni Dress - really nice dress by the way. I will be exploring how many different material zones this has in the future this could be a very very versatile dress.

Why yes yes that was sarcasm.jpg
    633 x 1024 - 415K

I have to say I like how the lighting looks with her in Iray.  Maybe if you pull that thumb in more so it is bent behind the palm somewhat, it won't look quite as big.  I don't remember if I have her.  Did she come with the Pro bundle?  If so, I haven't pulled her out to render yet.

And her face looks different in iray than it does in 3Delight.  Very strange since I did nothing in between renders except switch from one to the other render engine.

And her face looks different in iray than it does in 3Delight.  Very strange since I did nothing in between renders except switch from one to the other render engine.

Yes, the shadows around her face in 3Delight were not kind to her!  She does look different between the two different engines!

Nyssa for V6

Calla Cascade Hair I really like this hair BUT I  was seriosuly frustrated with the wind morphs.  They worked fine the first time I used them but I changed the hair color and tried to change the morphs and it just stopped responding,  Which is why the hair is not blowing around her face anymore lol.  And its a bit complicated as far as what you have to parent to what to get things to work.  I think once I figure out exactly how it works though it will be a great hair with lots of possibilities.

Sighni Dress - really nice dress by the way. I will be exploring how many different material zones this has in the future this could be a very very versatile dress.

Now, she is excellent!  Very nicely done!

Nyssa for V6

I agree with you about that hair.   I have used it twice now and the first time I couldn't figure out how to apply colour to the cap.  Figured out a few things the 2nd time ( it is the hair I used on the image of Arnia with the blurry background ). 

Another great image.

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

Nyssa for V6

Nailed the expression.  Priceless.

Nyssa for V6

Nailed the expression.  Priceless

Thank you!  It was that kind of day yesterday lol.

edited May 2016

Picked up some props over at that other place.  I will need to play with the templates for the windows but other than that this is a cute little house.  I also picked up a couple others in the same series - each was only $3.50.  Haven't tried to convert it to Iray yet.  Just a quick render, I was dying to see what it looked like. This is sunrise (sunset) with the ocean wide sky dome and calm ocean.  And it seems to convert to Iray quite well!  Different time of day and environment since sky domes don't really work in Iray

Grog House 1971.png
    1024 x 819 - 1M
    Grog House 1971 Iray.png
    1024 x 819 - 2M
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Sonja you r so busy lately with these amazing renders I am so loving them all especially the fairy ones!!!!

Sonja you r so busy lately with these amazing renders I am so loving them all especially the fairy ones!!!!

Thank you Sapphire!  I finally got my custom categories put back together so now I am going through and seeing what I actually have and what it looks like lol.

edited May 2016

A Relaxing Afternoon - A bit of catch with the family gaurd drake and then a rest in the sun...

Gianni 6 - Drifter hair - Lumberjack Outfit for G2M - Has some nice colors for the shirt.

Hunting Drake - the Jolly Boat by Jack

The Grog House by 1971's

Ocean Wide

All converted to Iray

A Relaxing Afternoon.png
    1024 x 819 - 2M
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

A Relaxing Afternoon - A bit of catch with the family gaurd drake and then a rest in the sun...

Gianni 6 - Drifter hair - Lumberjack Outfit for G2M - Has some nice colors for the shirt.

The Grog House by 1971's

Ocean Wide

All converted to Iray

At first I was trying to figure out where the water was for Ocean Wide, then I realized that you used it for the ground and retextured it!  Ha!  Nice repurposing.  It's hard to find some simple ground that isn't flat. 

Nice casual posing and use of miscellaneous props - great kit bashing.  Love the ball for the Hunting Drake - nice touch.

dracorn said:

The Grog House by 1971's

Ocean Wide

All converted to Iray

At first I was trying to figure out where the water was for Ocean Wide, then I realized that you used it for the ground and retextured it!  Ha!  Nice repurposing.  It's hard to find some simple ground that isn't flat. 

Nice casual posing and use of miscellaneous props - great kit bashing.  Love the ball for the Hunting Drake - nice touch.

I thought she used the skydome.  Good catch @Dracorn.  Very clever @Ice Dragon Art.

Thanks everyone! 

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

I really like the mood in the relaxed afternoon! Very nice  light and textures!

Thanks Linwelly. 

Kismet I did use the skydome for the ocean wild as well so that is also correct.

edited May 2016

Stephanie 5 (the starter bundle is free on the Daz Studio free page - the dress came with it.

Iray - Colms light set - background pattern on this is changed but the floor is one of the originals from the prop.

Contemplation Stephanie 5 Iray.png
    633 x 1024 - 992K
    edited May 2016

The Look - Riley for Stephanie 5 converted to Iray

The Look.png
    633 x 1024 - 1M

Really nice Iray renders, Sonja!

Thank you!

hmmm...why do I get the impression someone just said something really stupid to her?

This discussion has been closed.