Really good gift card sale.

13»

Comments

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

Well, I'm heading to the bank soon, so I'll take my laptop with me and see if I can't connect through girlfriend's ISP.

Something's gotta give.

• bad4ubad4u Posts: 684
    edited May 2016
    Petercat said:
    bad4u said:
    Petercat said:

Last order confirmation I received was on 03/30. Nothing since then. Something's changed, but not on my end.

THIS. It confirms that your problem is with the blackmesh domain being the new senders domain, as the switch from daz3d.com to blackmesh.com for mailings was exactly on 04/01 (I just checked my mails for that) .. please read post above for more info.

Thanks. The only way that I can whitelist in Hotmail (that I know of) is by adding the address to my address book. Which I have just done with [email protected]. Is that the right address for receiving emails for order confirmation and card numbers? I hope so. But what was the problem with blackmesh.com? It's not in my block list, and all rejected emails go to my spam folder.

Whitelist all domains from my post above - especially blackmesh.com, you just don't know if it overwrites some internal general blacklist on hotmail.. if they have some general blacklist and you can't woverwrite it, you wouldn't ever see those mails as they might never go through, not even into your personal spam folder.. get another (or a second) mail adress then

For whitelisting you usually can use the 'catch all' symboil (*), so it would be *@daz3d.com , *@email.daz3d.com , *@blackmesh.com , *@bronto.com , etc.. If hotmail supports adding separate domains then just add the daz3d.com / blackmesh.com / bronto.com part (without then *@ in front of it), so it catches subdomains as well.

Post edited by bad4u on

BTW, my theory wasn't just made up twaddle. Something similar happened to a customer of ours who runs a hotel. Emails to and from containing payment info (bank and card details, etc) were intercepted, altered to point victims to bogus accounts, etc, and then forwarded. It was pretty nasty.

Okay, since I added [email protected] to my address book, I've begun to get emails about comments left here. So maybe if I can get someone at Daz to resend the gift card code just one more time, it might work. But I don't want to wait (up to) four more days! Store credit would be nice...

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,318
    Petercat said:
    bad4u said:
    Petercat said:

Last order confirmation I received was on 03/30. Nothing since then. Something's changed, but not on my end.

THIS. It confirms that your problem is with the blackmesh domain being the new senders domain, as the switch from daz3d.com to blackmesh.com for mailings was exactly on 04/01 (I just checked my mails for that) .. please read post above for more info.

Thanks. The only way that I can whitelist in Hotmail (that I know of) is by adding the address to my address book. Which I have just done with [email protected]. Is that the right address for receiving emails for order confirmation and card numbers? I hope so. But what was the problem with blackmesh.com? It's not in my block list, and all rejected emails go to my spam folder.

I just checked my emails from the gift card purchase I made yesterday: and Yes, the  gift card code comes from [email protected] but the order confirmation comes from [email protected] . So, you might want to add that as well.

Petercat said:
    bad4u said:
    Petercat said:

I just checked my emails from the gift card purchase I made yesterday: and Yes, the  gift card code comes from [email protected] but the order confirmation comes from [email protected] . So, you might want to add that as well.

[email protected] has been in my address book for a while now.

Petercat said:
    Petercat said:
    bad4u said:
    Petercat said:

[email protected] has been in my address book for a while now.

Then I wonder if adding the sales email will really solve the problem because I thought you weren't gettintg the order confirmation emails either.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,080

Talk to your e-mail provider. I still believe it's as simple as them blocking all mail from the DAZ webserver.

Well, since the trouble ticket that I reopened yesterday morning has received no - zero - reply, I have opened a new one asking for a store credit or for the activation number to be sent to my Daz inbox.

I'm beginning to wonder if answering the survey after the first ticket was closed as "resolved" with "no, I'm not satisfied" was such a good idea.

• joeyteeljoeyteel Posts: 65
    Petercat said:
    bad4u said:
    Petercat said:

Unless you've explicitly whitelisted the envelope sender address, hotmail blocks emails originating from blackmesh servers outright by default. Straight to /dev/null, do not pass go, do not collect $200. I found that out when helping a friend diagnose an email issue a few months ago.

edited May 2016
    joeyteel said:
    Petercat said:
    bad4u said:
    Petercat said:

Unless you've explicitly whitelisted the envelope sender address, hotmail blocks emails originating from blackmesh servers outright by default. Straight to /dev/null, do not pass go, do not collect $200. I found that out when helping a friend diagnose an email issue a few months ago.

I'm using netzero, does it block blackmesh servers? I've got all Daz addresses in my address book, that should prevent them from being blocked, I believe. This has never been an issue before with any website. I can't believe that I said hotmail, I gave that up years ago!

Post edited by Petercat on
  • joeyteeljoeyteel Posts: 65
    Petercat said:
    joeyteel said:
    Petercat said:
    bad4u said:
    Petercat said:

I'm using netzero, does it block blackmesh servers? I've got all Daz addresses in my address book, that should prevent them from being blocked, I believe. This has never been an issue before with any website. I can't believe that I said hotmail, I gave that up years ago!

Do they still use the rebranded hotmail/live/outlook service? If so then that should be all that's needed. If they're doing their own email hosting now, it would depend on how things are configured on their end, but that's a pretty standard configuration so it should work.

It is finally over. Within a few minutes of my second trouble ticket, the full face value of the gift card appeared in my store credit. And I didn't miss the sales, the purchase has been made, I'm satisfied.

Thanks, everybody, for your help and advice. This is a great community.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    Petercat said:

It is finally over. Within a few minutes of my second trouble ticket, the full face value of the gift card appeared in my store credit. And I didn't miss the sales, the purchase has been made, I'm satisfied.

I'm delighted it worked out for you!!!!

Petercat said:

I'm glad you finally got that resolved and were able to make your purchases. Even though we may be frustrated with DAZ at times, DAZ CS really is one of the best.

It does, however, still leave open how you are going to be able to get future confirmations. I have AOL email (you can even get a free AOL email account these days) and have been getting the confirmations and GC emails just fine.

• Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325

Yay.

Petercat said:

I'm glad you finally got that resolved and were able to make your purchases. Even though we may be frustrated with DAZ at times, DAZ CS really is one of the best.

It does, however, still leave open how you are going to be able to get future confirmations. I have AOL email (you can even get a free AOL email account these days) and have been getting the confirmations and GC emails just fine.

I'm thinking of purchasing the email addon for my webcomic. [email protected] has a nice ring to it...

It's nice to have your own domain and email separate from your ISP.

• mrinalmrinal Posts: 641

In my earlier life, I used to feel paranoid about public email services especially Gmail and Yahoo when they had their ads intergrated into it. I used to have my own domain and a dedicated server with mail server and client. The dedicated server was already hosting a website so it as not an additional cost per se. Proved out in the long run I was spending too much time and effort in micromanaging stuff which could have been easily delegated to other service providers. Rerouting mails and archiving were becoming a pain while I switched hosting service providers. Not to mention relying on the hosting provider's ISP's connectivity with the internet especially when it came to mail services. Gave it a thought of using Postini's mail services for business just when Google had acquired it. They had just integrated it's advanced spam filtering and archiving at that time. Glad I made that switch before it was too late. Now I have been a happy customer of Google apps for business paying just $5 per month for their high reliability and quality of service in exchange for all my troubles of maintaning my own email infrastructure.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

I use hotmail and have always received all emails from Daz until today when I made a purchase and never received the confirmation email for my purchase, so tonite I made another purchase just to see if it was a one time thing but no never received that confirmation either.  I have not made any changes to my email or Daz and am still receiving all notifications from the forums and message inbox, just not the purchase confirmations so far.  I sent in a help request to the sales dept so will see if they can find out what's happening. Of course this was the one time I wanted a refund on a price difference and needed the email to show what Price I paid now compared to what I paid prior...go figure frown  Is this happening to anyone else?

Just now purchased a GC. Didn't receive the GC (even after an hour) but received the order confirmation mail. Raised a ticket.

mrinal said:

I used to have my own domain and a dedicated server with mail server and client. ... Proved out in the long run I was spending too much time and effort in micromanaging stuff which could have been easily delegated to other service providers.

Yes, unless there a specific need, I wouldn't want to actually host my own domain and email. Happy to leave that to professionals.

It would take a great deal of convincing for me to trust private business data with organisations like Google. A business whose larger and profound model is to make money by selling its users data may be able to operate a division that doesn't do that, but I'll leave it to others to try. And now we have Microsoft doing it with the core computer operating system - not for me, thanks. I know that as I get old I'm supposed to see the world as going mad. But the world is going mad.

Kharma said:

I use hotmail and have always received all emails from Daz until today when I made a purchase and never received the confirmation email for my purchase, so tonite I made another purchase just to see if it was a one time thing but no never received that confirmation either.  I have not made any changes to my email or Daz and am still receiving all notifications from the forums and message inbox, just not the purchase confirmations so far.  I sent in a help request to the sales dept so will see if they can find out what's happening. Of course this was the one time I wanted a refund on a price difference and needed the email to show what Price I paid now compared to what I paid prior...go figure frown  Is this happening to anyone else?

Yes, it's happening to me. Once I got the store credit for my missing gift card, I made a purchase and haven't received an order confirmation email. I use netzero. Maybe Daz will examine their system and find out why mine is not an isolated incident. Buying a giftcard could become quite painful for both the customers and customer service.

edited May 2016
    mrinal said:

I used to have my own domain and a dedicated server with mail server and client. ... Proved out in the long run I was spending too much time and effort in micromanaging stuff which could have been easily delegated to other service providers.

Yes, unless there a specific need, I wouldn't want to actually host my own domain and email. Happy to leave that to professionals.

It would take a great deal of convincing for me to trust private business data with organisations like Google. A business whose larger and profound model is to make money by selling its users data may be able to operate a division that doesn't do that, but I'll leave it to others to try. And now we have Microsoft doing it with the core computer operating system - not for me, thanks. I know that as I get old I'm supposed to see the world as going mad. But the world is going mad.

I think that many of grew up in a Golden Age. It's all downhill from here until the next eruption in a few hundred years, when things will begin to improve again. You know, the usual cycle.

Post edited by Petercat on
    mrinal said:

Just now purchased a GC. Didn't receive the GC (even after an hour) but received the order confirmation mail. Raised a ticket.

Got it. Support provided the GC code in the ticket.