MEC4D PBS shaders for iray VOL.3 [Merchant Resource ] RELEASED [Commercial]

1235»

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    MEC4D said:

I need to make more videos and I am to my neck in work at this moment finishing new products.

Yay! I can hardly wait.
    angel

• JerifeJerife Posts: 272

Wood comes now, right? yes

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

I am working on a lot of new products at the same time and even one or two  that I did not even mentioned yet ;) the first one that enter Q/A will be mentioned in new thread 

but the next  shader product will be the woods 

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 499

I tried wishlisting these but ultimately I caved and grabbed them.  Haven't worked with them yet but I was able to recover a bunch of Kiri's sword OBJ's I had and I will be using these soon!

Thanks for the support !

when you start playing with them and want to go with the micro surfaces choice the Used metal, Dirty, Scratched or Stained , avoid polished mix with micro surfaces  for that reason they are polished  and wil not works mixed with another layer , if you want to use bump map or normal map from the old sword, just change the Tile to 1 x 1 and load the bump or normal maps , if the micro surface have to small or too big detail then you can scale it up or down with Image editor under Rotation in Top Coat that will not affect the original bump or normal map from the original obj 

I tried wishlisting these but ultimately I caved and grabbed them.  Haven't worked with them yet but I was able to recover a bunch of Kiri's sword OBJ's I had and I will be using these soon!

• SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 986

Bought them yesterday and played with them. Great product with lots of very useful shaders, also a great merchant resource smiley

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    MEC4D said:

I am working on a lot of new products at the same time and even one or two  that I did not even mentioned yet ;) the first one that enter Q/A will be mentioned in new thread 

As in "my wallet isn't nearly out of the woods yet".

edited May 2016

MEC4D said:

, if the micro surface have to small or too big detail then you can scale it up or down with Image editor under Rotation in Top Coat that will not affect the original bump or normal map from the original obj 

I'm not sure to understand this and I think is important. Would you mind explaining it a lil more?

Post edited by Jerife on

Happy to hear that ! Thanks 

SF-Design said:

Bought them yesterday and played with them. Great product with lots of very useful shaders, also a great merchant resource smiley

LOL be prepared ! hehe

Ostadan said:
    MEC4D said:

As in "my wallet isn't nearly out of the woods yet".

See my next post

Jerife said:

MEC4D said:

, if the micro surface have to small or too big detail then you can scale it up or down with Image editor under Rotation in Top Coat that will not affect the original bump or normal map from the original obj 

I'm not sure to understand this and I think is important. Would you mind explaining it a lil more?

edited May 2016

Here is a simple workflow to edit the scale of micro surfaces layer in vol.3 shaders only 

the scale will be independent of the main tiling scale so affecting only the micro surface , this way you can use your own normal or bump map for your model and keep the original UVs scale to 1x1

some of the micro surfaces like brushed one use also Normal map under Top Coat so pay attention when scaling the details to keep the same values for both Rotation and Normal or Bump, everything outside TOP Coat layer don't need to be adjusted as we just adjust top layer leaving the rest separate and independent.

Micro reflection surface layers as the same as metal flakes in iray but render much faster with a lot more versatility in adjusting and form  than just metal flakes  that can pretty well slow down your rendering time

click on image for simple instruction 

WORKING WITH MICRO SURFACES VOL.3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 540K
    Mec4d_PBS_shaders_pure_metals_merchant_resource_daz3d_promo_03 (1).jpg
    1914 x 984 - 931K
    Post edited by MEC4D on

WOW!  Excellent lesson, thanks. Will study it tomorrow. bed time here.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

I finally bought these! Time to play.

Thanks Sorel for the support

Jerife I hope it will be much easier now to follow the directions

edited May 2016

Yes Cath, thanks and understood. I hadn't seen Image Editor before...

Blades.jpg
    3000 x 1854 - 5M
    Post edited by Jerife on

You learning fast ! good job , you can do a lot of funky stuff with , just look for references on google and you can do most all metal surfaces with from fantasy to photo realistic and call it your own ! 

Jerife said:

Yes Cath, thanks and understood. I hadn't seen Image Editor before...

Blush - Thanks but metals will always be details on a scene for me . I'm more "organic" biased...

In case someone missed , 

Best Sellers 2015

PBS shaders for iray vol,1 are now on sale 40% off

http://www.daz3d.com/mec4d-pbs-shaders-vol-1-for-iray

Thanks for the support

Cath

• HoMartHoMart Posts: 480

Thank you Cath, for all your great shaders

Thank you for celebrating with a cool render ! and for the support ! 

HoMart said:

Thank you Cath, for all your great shaders

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited May 2016

Finally got round to installing shader sets 2 and 3 tonight. I've been converting a lot of Poser stuff to proper D|S-format files lately, and my latest conversion was an ideal test. Default lighting, all textures replaced apart from the wood handles and cabinet, and the gauge dials. I think I like it.  

steampunk-01.jpg
    1700 x 1190 - 181K
    Post edited by SpottedKitty on

Thanks ! that is funny like old style cabinet with futuristic weapons , there is a definitelly a super agent spy behind that concept cheeky

and the best of that,  you can always change the look you want , I alway save my new material presets for objects so I can reuse after without starting from the begining each time

I hope you have much fun working with 

Finally got round to installing shader sets 2 and 3 tonight. I've been converting a lot of Poser stuff to proper D|S-format files lately, and my latest conversion was an ideal test. Default lighting, all textures replaced apart from the wood handles and cabinet, and the gauge dials. I think I like it.