MEC4D PBS shaders for iray VOL.3 [Merchant Resource ] RELEASED [Commercial]

245

Comments

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,239

    It does create good stuff ! mostly I use it for high poly models I sculpt in Zbrush to extract AO from for faster process or you can convert one texture UV to another model like for example M4 textures to M6 Gen2 as long the model have the same poly count of course so with Gen3 the fun ends here

    Szark said:

    Yes Xnormal keeps popping up, I have it but never used it, perfect for my needs. Thanks for the reminder. :)

     

  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,299
    What's ao?
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,239

    Ambient Occlusion maps

    What's ao?

     

  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,299
    Huh, I didn't realize Iray used AO.
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,239

    It even render Ambient Occlusion under Interactive mode , but what the means of using  AO maps under materials when rendering using Photoreal mode is to mask the areas of cavities to simukate the dirt-patina on metals or other materials

    Huh, I didn't realize Iray used AO.

     

  • JerifeJerife Posts: 268

    This wonderful free web page service that made Normal Maps now makes AO and Displacement too. 

    http://cpetry.github.io/NormalMap-Online/

    ...I am eager for vol2 to reach store and hate more than ever "DazSoon"

     

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,239

    Hang up in there .. 2 more nights :)

  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 10,868

    I've not used Xnormal, but have used crazy bump, I presume do similar?

  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,633

    xNormal is so much ore than a Normal Map maker but yes similair in some ways but a lot more powerful in what it can do. 

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,239

    XNormal extract maps from 3D model not from photos especially best for very high resolution models and big sets . Amazing for hard edge modeling map extractions but for organic modeling I prefer Zbrush Normal and Displacement maps for the rest I go to XNormal .

    To have 3D accurate  Normals you need 3D model or 4 Photos with different directions of light what is not simple to capture , normal maps converted from picture are worthless especially when get about some volume and not just micro surface as 1 picture converted to normal can give you just info about height the same as bump maps .

  • JerifeJerife Posts: 268
    edited April 2016
    MEC4D said:

    XNormal extract maps from 3D model not from photos especially best for very high resolution models and big sets . Amazing for hard edge modeling map extractions but for organic modeling I prefer Zbrush Normal and Displacement maps for the rest I go to XNormal .

    To have 3D accurate  Normals you need 3D model or 4 Photos with different directions of light what is not simple to capture , normal maps converted from picture are worthless especially when get about some volume and not just micro surface as 1 picture converted to normal can give you just info about height the same as bump maps .

    surprise Your threads are a Pit of Wisdom; Thanks.

    Post edited by Jerife on
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,239

    The Product is already submitted to the Store 

    I called it vol.3 so it get nicely with the rest of packs that are coming up 

    • 263 shaders in 8 Categories:
    • Micro Surfaces Smart Layers x 42 can be added to each Metal on TOP for different kind of reflections like star glitter , flakes ( maps based ) brushed etc..
    • PBR Aluminium x 10
    • PBR Brass x 10
    • PBR Bronze x 11
    • PBR Chrome x 10
    • PBR Chromium x 9
    • PBR Cobalt x 9
    • PBR Copper x 11
    • PBR Fake Gold x 9
    • PBR Gold14K x 9
    • PBR Gold18K x 9
    • PBR Gold24K x 9
    • PBR Iron x 9
    • PBR Iron Black x 11
    • PBR Lead x 9
    • PBR Nickel x 9
    • PBR Pewter x 9
    • PBR Platinum x 9
    • PBR Rhodium x 9
    • PBR Silver x 9
    • PBR Steel x 14
    • PBR Titanium x 9
    • PBR Tungsten x 9
    • PBR Zink x 9
    • Scale Tools x 13

    Bling-bling

    Cath 

    mec4d_pbs_pure_metals_merchant_resoure_for_iray_daz3d_Main_Promo.jpg
    940 x 1248 - 1002K
  • RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

    You obviously have a lot of Swag ;-)

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,239

    Yes Sir wink 

    Renomista said:

    You obviously have a lot of Swag ;-)

     

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,239
    edited April 2016

    and btw there are not normal maps on the MR .. that are my new micro surfaces reflections distortions not used before . it is a game changer, even metal rendered with empty scene like sky sun looks great and less like just from the production, the retail price for this set is $35.95 as usual ...

    Also rendered with my new physical based camera as it allow me to reduce the gaussian filter to 0.70 for more sharpness and 0.50 for far away shots without jagging edges .. the color deep is fantastic and also can produce chromatic aberration if needed

    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 9,634

    Now that's some BLING! lol

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,239
    edited April 2016

    I made the hand and BLING in Zbrush  the shader on the fibers is also Metal with micro surface cool effect

    I was making a leprechaun hand first to grab the gold shader but then got idea for the Bling lol Mec4d Resource 

    RAMWolff said:

    Now that's some BLING! lol

     

    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 9,634

    Just noticed the nails.  They look interesting. 

  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    MEC4D said:
    Bling-bling

    <squee>

    Time to start saving the loose change from down the back of the sofa, methinks.

  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 14,640

    Hmmm...so submitted to the store. I guess that means vol 4 is next. I bought vol 2 yesterday.

  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 10,868
    MEC4D said:
    Bling-bling

    <squee>

    Time to start saving the loose change from down the back of the sofa, methinks.

    Sigh. I cleaned my out.

  • NathNath Posts: 2,204
    nicstt said:
    MEC4D said:
    Bling-bling

    <squee>

    Time to start saving the loose change from down the back of the sofa, methinks.

    Sigh. I cleaned my out.

    Me too. There aren't any coins left down the back of the sofa, but perhaps DAZ would consider accepting chewed-up catnip mice as currency?

  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 10,868
    Nath said:
    nicstt said:
    MEC4D said:
    Bling-bling

    <squee>

    Time to start saving the loose change from down the back of the sofa, methinks.

    Sigh. I cleaned my out.

    Me too. There aren't any coins left down the back of the sofa, but perhaps DAZ would consider accepting chewed-up catnip mice as currency?

    hmm, I should have kept the mouse I rescued earlier - maybe that would have done?:)

  • FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 881

    Already submitted. Damn you work fast! 

    Now to figure out if I can find some funds to get this when it's released :P 

  • NathNath Posts: 2,204
    nicstt said:
    Nath said:
    nicstt said:
    MEC4D said:
    Bling-bling

    <squee>

    Time to start saving the loose change from down the back of the sofa, methinks.

    Sigh. I cleaned my out.

    Me too. There aren't any coins left down the back of the sofa, but perhaps DAZ would consider accepting chewed-up catnip mice as currency?

    hmm, I should have kept the mouse I rescued earlier - maybe that would have done?:)

    If you found it down the back of the sofa?

  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 10,868
    Nath said:
    nicstt said:
    Nath said:
    nicstt said:
    MEC4D said:
    Bling-bling

    <squee>

    Time to start saving the loose change from down the back of the sofa, methinks.

    Sigh. I cleaned my out.

    Me too. There aren't any coins left down the back of the sofa, but perhaps DAZ would consider accepting chewed-up catnip mice as currency?

    hmm, I should have kept the mouse I rescued earlier - maybe that would have done?:)

    If you found it down the back of the sofa?

    Ha, nope cowering under the vacuum cleaner with the cat hovering close by.

  • NathNath Posts: 2,204
    nicstt said:
    Nath said:
    nicstt said:
    Nath said:
    nicstt said:
    MEC4D said:
    Bling-bling

    <squee>

    Time to start saving the loose change from down the back of the sofa, methinks.

    Sigh. I cleaned my out.

    Me too. There aren't any coins left down the back of the sofa, but perhaps DAZ would consider accepting chewed-up catnip mice as currency?

    hmm, I should have kept the mouse I rescued earlier - maybe that would have done?:)

    If you found it down the back of the sofa?

    Ha, nope cowering under the vacuum cleaner with the cat hovering close by.

    Heh.... The cat must have been disappointed

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,239

    Here 3 more promos 

    mec4d_pbs_pure_metals_merchant_resoure_for_iray_daz3d_promo_03.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 720K
    mec4d_pbs_pure_metals_merchant_resoure_for_iray_daz3d_promo_01.jpg
    1920 x 720 - 708K
    mec4d_pbs_pure_metals_merchant_resoure_for_iray_daz3d_promo_00.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 794K
  • Just amazing!

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,239

    Thanks ! laugh 

    Just amazing!

     

Sign In or Register to comment.