MEC4D PBS shaders for iray VOL.3 [Merchant Resource ] RELEASED [Commercial]

Comments

• JerifeJerife Posts: 272

Though my wallet screams too they are on My Library already. 

So much to learn!

• ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386

Bought these shaders as well. Some scenes I rendered recently contain only shaders coming from you (except for the skin). I really love those shaders and their versatility.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

Thank you for the support ! really appreciate it !

if anything let me know !

TIP : when you copy and paste one shader to another surface , remember that image editor settings are not copied this way so you have to edit it manually .

Each microsurface layer you add to your metal surface  has own  tiled setting under image editor independent of the main filling  so you can set the right effect of the micro surface even if you use your own normal or bump maps 

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    MEC4D said:

Yes that is correct , you just save the new surface as material preset for the [robot]  nit as shader preset ., you are not allowed to make any shaders for sale with this set or free products, that is all

Scavenger said:
    MEC4D said:

It allow PA to use it in own products commercially and sell , the shaders was set different way than in vol.1 to allow better integration with the products pipeline so people can add own stuff for final  product

Just to make sure I understand, coming off a 2 day headache and week of insomina, so, IF I were to make a Robot to sell in the store, I could use these on the robot rather than building my own texture maps and settings?

I'm curious as to why in my example the robot couldn't be a freebie? (not complaning, jsut wondering :) )

Becouse when you buy a product you purchase a license to use it in specific way and not own the cpyrights of the product to share it or do more as allowed by the license .  It is not open source product that can be used as you please even if this was free you still can't do that ,   If you copy a shader setting from V7 and put it on your freebie you also violate the copyrights of the creator. Same here 

Open source products are usually shared by the creator  Like the MDL blocks shaders for iray by Nvidia , that are allowed to edit sell or share but my product is not a part of  open source , it was intend to help other commercial producers to make better matterial preset for own products they sell . 

Scavenger said:
    MEC4D said:
    Scavenger said:
    MEC4D said:

It allow PA to use it in own products commercially and sell , the shaders was set different way than in vol.1 to allow better integration with the products pipeline so people can add own stuff for final  product

Just to make sure I understand, coming off a 2 day headache and week of insomina, so, IF I were to make a Robot to sell in the store, I could use these on the robot rather than building my own texture maps and settings?

I'm curious as to why in my example the robot couldn't be a freebie? (not complaning, jsut wondering :) )

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited April 2016

Inspiration hasn't really been striking me much, but I dragged out a few 'mechanicals' to try some stuff out on ...

MEC4D_PBR_2_3.jpg
    1700 x 1360 - 2M
    Post edited by SimonJM on

Nice job Simon on the shaders like also the interior surfaces from vol.2 it may be simple but well done surfaces ,

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    MEC4D said:

Nice job Simon on the shaders like also the interior surfaces from vol.2 it may be simple but well done surfaces ,

I tried to pick a texture for the wall that was close to the original (for no other reason than it looking like the original!).  The (not sure what to call them ... caps?) setrions with doors in are concrete, with the tiling increased to make it look better (I think I manually set it to 6).  The snakes had one of your micro surfaces applied (as did a few of the metal surfaces for effect) to re-instate the scaley look.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited April 2016

Just a fun render that started out as playing with vol 3 shaders and skimpwear from the Lilith Pro bundle. Used shaders from both vol 3 and vol 2. The "maille" skirt is Darcy Outfit with everything but the skirt hidden. The red leather shader on the bodysuit and boots is the same, though I could never get quite the same shade on the boots as on the body suit. The shutters on the cottage use the old wood shader, with the color overlaid at 80% opacity in L.I.E. Used Diamond for the gem on the sword. The blade took the most work, finding the shader I liked best... Polished steel with the D012 microsurface. Enjoy.

Under My Protection

Under My Protection, by L'Adair

(I created this image to post here, but I liked enough to enter it in the monthly PC+ challenge. Barely got it finished in time, too! lol)

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • HoMartHoMart Posts: 480
    edited April 2016

just a little pay with Vol. 03 and Vol. 02 wink

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/131971/

Image from my gallery - too big to attach here angry

Post edited by HoMart on

Love it Anita ! great job , now I want animation and the rest of the story hehe wink

regarding the boots that nobody would notice unless you say , I think the different scale of the UVs than the rest will create different look, it is not the color, it is the reflection , smaller normal less reflection so scaling down will create less reflection , but looking really great , the red fashion leather is my favorite of the leathers color 

well done ! and thank you for sharing!

Just a fun render that started out as playing with vol 3 shaders and skimpwear from the Lilith Pro bundle. Used shaders from both vol 3 and vol 2. The "maille" skirt is Darcy Outfit with everything but the skirt hidden. The red leather shader on the bodysuit and boots is the same, though I could never get quite the same shade on the boots as on the body suit. The shutters on the cottage use the old wood shader, with the color overlaid at 80% opacity in L.I.E. Used Diamond for the gem on the sword. The blade took the most work, finding the shader I liked best... Polished steel with the D012 microsurface. Enjoy.

L'Adair said:

Under My Protection

(I created this image to post here, but I liked enough to enter it in the monthly PC+ challenge. Barely got it finished in time, too! lol)

Thanks for sharing , I think you missed to apply  material to the left elbow metal part cheeky  

I love how the shoulder plates of she /cyber  diffuse the light and the little details on the parts , the DzFire mech was not easy to re texture , I had to reduce the smooth under surface tab each time I change the material to keep the hard edges , my favorite look was with gun metal on him when I played 

I hope you had fun ! 

HoMart said:

just a little pay with Vol. 03 and Vol. 02 wink

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/131971/

Image from my gallery - too big to attach here angry

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    L'Adair said:

Under My Protection

Under My Protection, by L'Adair

... And it certainly is a lot of fun for us viewers; she looks angry for some reason though, so sadly, she's not having fun - unless you know differently of course. wink

edited May 2016
    MEC4D said:

Thanks for sharing , I think you missed to apply  material to the left elbow metal part cheeky  

I love how the shoulder plates of she /cyber  diffuse the light and the little details on the parts , the DzFire mech was not easy to re texture , I had to reduce the smooth under surface tab each time I change the material to keep the hard edges , my favorite look was with gun metal on him when I played 

I hope you had fun ! 

Shame on me laugh, left the left underarm in DazDefault .....

These Gun metals of yours are great, used it in some other renders.

How do I reduce the smooth? just found a on/off button ....

So here´s another render I had a lot of fun with vol. 03

2OT - Synx-CLS-PBS-003d-IRAY_001.jpg
    1280 x 1920 - 516K
    Post edited by HoMart on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    HoMart said:
    MEC4D said:

I hope you had fun ! 

WOW! yes

edited May 2016

WOW! yes

Thank you!

Post edited by HoMart on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    nicstt said:
    L'Adair said:

Under My Protection

... And it certainly is a lot of fun for us viewers; she looks angry for some reason though, so sadly, she's not having fun - unless you know differently of course. wink

Thank you. I"m really happy you found it fun, too. Is Callie having fun? Not yet. But I suspect she considers kicking marauder butt to be fun. She is, after all, nothing like the lady her mother wanted her to be!

She's snarling at the "marauder" who's come to attack the family behind the wall, a mother and two children. They're her family, though I'm not sure how close the relationships. But every character in the scene is wearing Callie 6 materials. (The little boy started out as Genesis 2 base female!)

(I love stories, Books, movies, and now 3d art...)

Very nice choice of the metal surfaces , it capture more light from the scene 

Under  the smooth On Off you have angle , angle on lower value usually remove the smooth edges to the desire  level  if needed . 

HoMart said:
    MEC4D said:

I hope you had fun ! 

MEC4D said:

Very nice choice of the metal surfaces , it capture more light from the scene 

Under  the smooth On Off you have angle , angle on lower value usually remove the smooth edges to the desire  level  if needed . 

Thanks.

Another thing to play with.

If you have hard edge modeling you don''t want smooth normal on it as it will affect how metal reflect from the surface making it more organic than mechanical , good modelers will prevent it from happening in other case reducing the value of the smooth angle will improve the look of the flat metal surfaces,also when you subdivide the model  for any reason you can choice different type of sub-d for better result .

• bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589

Stupid question, forgive me.

Have the two previous sets, as I mentioned use them constantly.

But I am confused about the differences when you write "Merchant" for no3.

Also Daz is not promoting this the same way as the others.

I am coming at this from the point of  a Hobbyist/Illustrator not a "Merchant"

So, if I have the first two sets, from that perspective, is what is the benefits of this set in conjunction with the first two.

Or to put it simply is it a waste of money if I have the first two.

Thank you

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

From my perspective Vol 3 is an evolution of Volume 1. There are materials and more ways to tailor the output/render.

I am also a hobbyist, but have all three sets. If I absolutley had to choose, I would take Vol 3 over Volume 1. Cath has done a lot of experimenting and working with Iray materials since Vol 1, and Vol 3, to me, clearly demonstrates increased mastery of her craft. Mind you, I think all three Volumes are spectacular. Disclaimer: For me personally, Mec4D shaders are "buy without questions or reservations".

buy without questions or reservations.

Totally agree, but did not want to buy duplicate or something not ued.

Thank you for clarification

@bicc39  vol.3 include only PBR metals collection and as fastbike1 already said with improved settings and different kind of micro surfaces that you will find on the market so not duplicate shaders but with additional license for merchants so they can use the settings to create own commercial materials presets . Regular users can use the shaders as usual .

The reason DAZ promoted my vol.2 was that  it was March madness super deal of the day on a very special high discount so not expect each release showing on the top as the page space  is very limited and there are a lot of other PA's that need to be  featured too .. I wish LOL but I got my top row spot already in April 

so.. I am not going to make any new metal shaders for a long time from now as everything is covered to maximum unless I find some interesting options but that will be probably Add On only for my new micro surfaces settings but not soon .

Vol.1 include all base metals as well but was setup different way plus a lot of other stuff not included in any other volume .

I pretty well observe the users work and how they render and what they use and what don't , for that reason the new metals evolved to make the work faster with better results , it is simplified , reduced and improved so any effect can be created much easier and mixed with other stuff better and less complicated for the new users .But not one of the older shader was duplicated as all new metals have own unique new setup .

Thank you, on the way to checkout counter.

Considering the sometimes quality of the top row, and your record for excellence.......

P.S 

1  Gold14K  metal can have over 50 different surfaces so 23 different metals with 50 unique surfaces = 1150 shaders can be made

1150 for all used metals

1150 for all stained metals

1150 for all dirty metals

1150 for scratched metals

etc.. etc.. 

Metals from vol.1 that include more than just metals does not have micro reflection surfaces , only base micro surfaces so total different story , if you looking for polished gold you can find it under DS Iray shaders for free not need to buy , but that is all you will get .. a metal in a stage of after melting as all PBR polished metals are rather the new melted metals not really the one that got into your hands already

below some example what you can do with just Used Metal base surface , you can have 50 different looks and more per one Used Metal

vol.3 metal surfaces preview.jpg
    4096 x 6861 - 3M

Thanks for the support , if you need any assistance in creating specific look just drop me PM or post here your question,   what works better for you I am here for the personal  support and guide 

bicc39 said:

Thank you, on the way to checkout counter.

Considering the sometimes quality of the top row, and your record for excellence.......

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Thanks for the explanation, I was also a little puzzled.

Put on my wishlist for when my bank account recovers. Ugh.

Thanks Will ,  materials that have glossy on 100% blocking all other functions , this include also gloss of the glass , it should be not set higher as 0.99 unless you make a perfect mirror that in reality only silver crystal mirrors are almost perfect but cost a lot so they use aluminium in place of silver what reflect slightly different tones than silver .

I need to make more videos and I am to my neck in work at this moment finishing new products.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    MEC4D said:

Thanks Will ,  materials that have glossy on 100% blocking all other functions , this include also gloss of the glass , it should be not set higher as 0.99 unless you make a perfect mirror that in reality only silver crystal mirrors are almost perfect but cost a lot so they use aluminium in place of silver what reflect slightly different tones than silver .

I need to make more videos and I am to my neck in work at this moment finishing new products.

Cool, always looking forward to these. :)