Carrara Academy for Light of Heaven

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

I think you'd need to delete a load of stuff from the imported model before you add the soft-body modifier, and it would take a while to process, but yes, It'll flatten with gravity and the right soft-body settings. even without a weight dropping . ;)

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

LOL. I tried messing around with what Barry described. I made a 4x7x1ft mattress in the modelk room and added soft body to it. I honestly have no idea what happened. Even with the scene gravity on or off and Bounce at 0, Faaaaaat Vicky (with no softbody) was tossed off the bed into the air, flipped over to land on her stomach and slid off the end of the mattreas head first.

It was weird and kinda funny. And no, i couldn't fix it. So i'm back to harnessing the power of the Forces.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Jacob, I could just see that and am laughing like crazy. I needed a bit of cheering up and you did it again, my friend.

edited December 1969

Glad I could help. :) Did you figure out the browser yet?

edited December 1969

Andy, can you actually "write" and make scribbles wrth particles like in this video?
    \
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MlhQA5Jupg&feature=player_embedded

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

well DT did when I only just started 3D by that upload date!

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Ah I didn't think of magnets, thanks Andy.

My lovely partner wants to buy me a prezzy, so I'm thinking of getting Carrara 8 Pro. I've asked if there's a direct upgrade path from 6 Pro since that's the only version I've got registered with Daz, even though I've got an unregistered 7 Pro.

Obviously I'd like to wait 'til 8.5 Pro comes out, but that's not out until "Soon" so I'll probably have retired by then anyway.

edited December 1969

There used to be an upgrade to C8Pro, but I can't find it anymore.

edited December 1969

my 7pro was off a mag disc, they never even questioned my upgrade to 8pro.

edited December 1969

my 7pro was off a mag disc, they never even questioned my upgrade to 8pro.

That's interesting, and something I can try.

I did ask if they could possibly pleasyweasy register it without proof of purchase, but in all honesty if I was in their place I would refuse that!

Still, I can try to upgrade and if they question my prior purchase I can always take it on the chin and not upgrade.

edited December 1969

Actually I can't even find a way to upgrade!

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI All :)

Barry :)
    the upgrade options are something that's been discussed at length in the Carrara forum, and, (I think) there's still no solution.
    (As far as I know) it's an issue with how the new store works.

You can contact Daz and they can sort out an upgrade for you, but,...
    unless it's something you Need to do right now,.. I'd wait a while, until there's an announcement on C8.5, because there's usually a sale / special offer thing, at that time to entice existing users to upgrade,.. and at that point I think they'll NEED to have an upgrade option in the store.

As for C7, ..Daz should be able to sort that out for you, since it was available (free) on a Mag coverdisk.
    there should also be no problem upgrading to C8,... I's technically not an "Upgrade".. It's a completely different program, (C8 pro is also 64 bit) ..so it's not required to have C7 installed.. to install C8.

:)

Jacob, :)
    Yes, you can write with particles, and create lot's of random ambient patterns. plus, particles can also be carrara objects like fog or fire, or custom objects you've made, like tomato's :)

do a you tube search for "Carrara Particles"

Age of Armour, and Dimension Theory have some great particle examples and tut's

edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    HI All :)

Barry :)
    the upgrade options are something that's been discussed at length in the Carrara forum, and, (I think) there's still no solution.
    (As far as I know) it's an issue with how the new store works.

You can contact Daz and they can sort out an upgrade for you, but,...
    unless it's something you Need to do right now,.. I'd wait a while, until there's an announcement on C8.5, because there's usually a sale / special offer thing, at that time to entice existing users to upgrade,.. and at that point I think they'll NEED to have an upgrade option in the store.

As for C7, ..Daz should be able to sort that out for you, since it was available (free) on a Mag coverdisk.
    there should also be no problem upgrading to C8,... I's technically not an "Upgrade".. It's a completely different program, (C8 pro is also 64 bit) ..so it's not required to have C7 installed.. to install C8.

Jacob, :)
    Yes, you can write with particles, and create lot's of random ambient patterns. plus, particles can also be carrara objects like fog or fire, or custom objects you've made, like tomato's :)

do a you tube search for "Carrara Particles"

Age of Armour, and Dimension Theory have some great particle examples and tut's

I don't need 8Pro yet, as such, I just want to be current. But I see your point about the waiting game.
    What surprises me is that this new site software even got used. It's been a long time since it was implemented and we're still not up to where we were with the old one held together with chewing gum. Clearly it's not Daz' fault, as there are regular improvements, but honestly, if something didn't do what I wanted I wouldn't use it.

The particle thing interests me a lot because I want to make fantasy based renders, and often dragons are known to breathe fire, and faeries are magical, and mages cast spells, and... oh I don't need to continue, you get the message.

edited December 1969

I've looked at a lot of particle vids on youtube, but I haven't seen anything about tracing the letters yet.

edited December 1969

OH, you mean this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFxGFPoyXXc

AoA and DT FTW!

edited December 1969

However, I still haven't found anything about writing/drawing withparticles.

edited December 1969

Glad I could help. :) Did you figure out the browser yet?

I sorta figured it out. The documentation is way better than what we've gotten for Studio. I'm looking forward to when I have enough money to buy. I just hope 8.5 doesn't get released until after Oct 10.

Yesterday and today I've been trying to wade through my render problems with Studio 4.5Pro and ended up crashing. I can see my bed from here, so I'm going to crash now. See everybody tomorrow.

edited December 1969

have you got the included content too yet? ie scene wizard and all the shaders, trees, objects etc?

edited December 1969

Where is DT's website?

edited December 1969

have you got the included content too yet? ie scene wizard and all the shaders, trees, objects etc?

Nope, just have whatever I can find for free and in my Studio runtime. Oh, I also have one of the Posers, Debut.

edited December 1969

Anne, did you install the Native Content?

Actually, I don't know what kinda problem you're having.

edited December 1969

Aaaaand...I don't know what kinda problem I'M having. Even with the default scene gravity unchecked, forces don't seem to work on anything.

edited December 1969

Unrelated to forces:

I found this video and it helped answer SOME of my questions about asnimating walk cycles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=IWDFGlObdh0

I know DS can do symmetry on a pose, but can Carrara?

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

can't you use a path for the particles to follow

edited December 1969

Anne, did you install the Native Content?

Actually, I don't know what kinda problem you're having.

Never got any Native Content installer. Didn't come with the trial version of 8.1 I downloaded from Cnet and not with the 8.5 beta. Guess I'l probably wait until the new version is released. In the meantime, surfed through ShareCG and picked up some shaders and Bryce stuff. With all I've got in My Library and in Poser Debut I'll be busy enough.

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    can't you use a path for the particles to follow

Well, how can you do that?

edited December 1969

I just realized the manual found at AHelp > Carrara Help is for Carrara 6, which explains why I can't find sdome things in both the manual and the program. Nuts.

Where is the IK Chain button? Or are M4/V4 already IK Chained?

• KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

Is there a page online where I can download the Carrara manual? I have been looking at Carrara for a while now but can't decide if it what I want.

edited October 2012
    edited December 1969

I found the IK chain thingo. I think Barry will like it because we all know he hates posing things. :D