mec4d_pbs_pure_metals_merchant_resoure_for_iray_daz3d_promo_000.jpg
    1920 x 720 - 666K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

and one more

mec4d_pbs_pure_metals_merchant_resoure_for_iray_daz3d_promo_08.jpg
    1920 x 720 - 576K
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Copper looks really, really good. Hope it shows up in the store soonest.

Thanks, the pans will be a freebie for my celebration , the metals will be released very soon as well 

here one more promo with stained and dusty iron and rusted steel

fastbike1 said:

Copper looks really, really good. Hope it shows up in the store soonest.

mec4d_pbs_pure_metals_merchant_resoure_for_iray_daz3d_promo_1.jpg
    1920 x 720 - 628K
  • These are all looking really good, can't wait to get my hands on the shaders. You can just have my wallet :)

Thanks laugh here is the last promo with Aluminium on top Brushed Micro Surface layer , and scratched steel for the rest of metals  on the back wall I used normal map from the glass from vol.2 under Steel shader Under Coat so not in the main shader Normal

These are all looking really good, can't wait to get my hands on the shaders. You can just have my wallet :)

mec4d_pbs_pure_metals_merchant_resoure_for_iray_daz3d_promo_2.jpg
    1920 x 720 - 575K
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190
    MEC4D said:

Here promo for Monday :)

yay Monday!

these look incredible.  every time i go back and look the promos i'm more amazed.  

i'm really happy you're including a tutorial with this release.  i use your shaders vol1 & vol2 pretty much every time i open DAZ up, but i know from following your discussions here that i'm missing about 99% of what i could do with them.  

seriously, i was thinking the other night just as i was falling asleep:  maybe i should go back to school so i can learn how to use Cath's shaders.  

: )

j

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,389

Are these shaders still being worked on or is daz just waiting to release them?

There are simple rules

1. Use polished metal only as base for your own setup and should be not used for rendering at its own  Use used metal instate 

2.Micro surfaces smart layers will not work with polished metals again use on top Used metals or any other than polished , super polished metals are only when they are melted or used as mirror so in this case polished silver or polished aluminum for mirrors . 

3. Load any other metal on your surface other than polished and apply one of desired Micro Surface on top to alter the look of the metal , usually I use Used , Dirty or Stained and on top micro surface , you can also load own normal maps if desired as micro surfaces are now part of the top surface .

4. Micro Surfaces scales are separate to main scales , I set them to mostly match the scales to the DS world, but can be scaled separately if yoj are going to use own normal and don;t want it to be tiled , then set the main tile to 1:1 and under micro surface maps you use Layered image editor for scale the micro surfaces as desired for your product .

Practice and play with , I will not share here too much stuff since the product is mostly for production, but if any specific question regarding commercial production please contact for personal assistance if you are doing commercial product or about to make your first , total confidential support.

more about little later :)

jardine said:
    MEC4D said:

yay Monday!

these look incredible.  every time i go back and look the promos i'm more amazed.  

i'm really happy you're including a tutorial with this release.  i use your shaders vol1 & vol2 pretty much every time i open DAZ up, but i know from following your discussions here that i'm missing about 99% of what i could do with them.  

seriously, i was thinking the other night just as i was falling asleep:  maybe i should go back to school so i can learn how to use Cath's shaders.  

j

The shaders will be released tonight after midnight for America what will be early morning for Europe

Sorel said:

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,389

Ah excellent!

I guess good moment to ask about Sorel , I was about to post it anyway today about the release  

Sorel said:

Ah excellent!

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547

These advices apply to the Merchant Resource. Is it that correct? I mean, they are not exactly aplicable to Vol. 1 

MEC4D said:

There are simple rules

1. Use polished metal only as base for your own setup and should be not used for rendering at its own  Use used metal instate 

2.Micro surfaces smart layers will not work with polished metals again use on top Used metals or any other than polished , super polished metals are only when they are melted or used as mirror so in this case polished silver or polished aluminum for mirrors . 

3. Load any other metal on your surface other than polished and apply one of desired Micro Surface on top to alter the look of the metal , usually I use Used , Dirty or Stained and on top micro surface , you can also load own normal maps if desired as micro surfaces are now part of the top surface .

4. Micro Surfaces scales are separate to main scales , I set them to mostly match the scales to the DS world, but can be scaled separately if yoj are going to use own normal and don;t want it to be tiled , then set the main tile to 1:1 and under micro surface maps you use Layered image editor for scale the micro surfaces as desired for your product .

Practice and play with , I will not share here too much stuff since the product is mostly for production, but if any specific question regarding commercial production please contact for personal assistance if you are doing commercial product or about to make your first , total confidential support.

more about little later :)

jardine said:
    MEC4D said:

yay Monday!

j

The shaders will be released tonight after midnight for America what will be early morning for Europe

Sorel said:

Only to vol.3  as it have new microsurface system so other additional maps cane be used in the pipeline, but when you use vol.1 it is always good to set the glossiness to 0.99 -0.98  of the polished metals to activate other functions  

MBusch said:

These advices apply to the Merchant Resource. Is it that correct? I mean, they are not exactly aplicable to Vol. 1 

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    MEC4D said:

It allow PA to use it in own products commercially and sell , the shaders was set different way than in vol.1 to allow better integration with the products pipeline so people can add own stuff for final  product

Just to make sure I understand, coming off a 2 day headache and week of insomina, so, IF I were to make a Robot to sell in the store, I could use these on the robot rather than building my own texture maps and settings?

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

My wallet hates you right now. These are just georgeous!! Thank you.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942

Straight into the cart! :)

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

In my wishlist. Spent too much this month already so will have to wait to play with these.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    MEC4D said:

... and in the cart. I'd have checked out immediately, but I haven't yet decided what DO to use my $4 on!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited April 2016

What does it mean:

"Product can be used only in Commercial Sets for Sale and used as Material Presets for your model surfaces [ not as shader preset ]"

So I cannot use it for renders (commercial or not), but only for commercial assets for sale only?

Post edited by Artini on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited April 2016

And, it is wishlisted for me, too.  Sorry, Cath, I just can't spend any more this month or, probably next month, either.  Which is sad as I think I would get a lot of use out of all those metal shaders.  I didn't even look at the promos as I'm sure I'll start drooling and trying to find nonexistent monies in the couch cushions and turn into a crazier person than I already am.  You can be sure I'll be putting it into the cart as soon as I can, probably without even looking at the promos!  There are very few vendors I can say that about, but you are on that list.

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Direct to the cart.

Cath, the fidelity of these shaders is just ridiculous! Just so there is no misunderstanding, I mean ridiculous in the most positive sense possible. The results are incredible (also demonstrate that I have much to learn about Iray shader application possibilities).

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited April 2016
    Artini said:

What does it mean:

"Product can be used only in Commercial Sets for Sale and used as Material Presets for your model surfaces [ not as shader preset ]"

So I cannot use it for renders (commercial or not), but only for commercial assets for sale only?

think it means you can sell products using it, but not give them away

you can use it for renders as normal

Post edited by nicstt on

Yes that is correct , you just save the new surface as material preset for the [robot]  nit as shader preset ., you are not allowed to make any shaders for sale with this set or free products, that is all

Scavenger said:
    MEC4D said:

It allow PA to use it in own products commercially and sell , the shaders was set different way than in vol.1 to allow better integration with the products pipeline so people can add own stuff for final  product

Just to make sure I understand, coming off a 2 day headache and week of insomina, so, IF I were to make a Robot to sell in the store, I could use these on the robot rather than building my own texture maps and settings?

Yes you can use it in your renders as you do with my other packs  plus it can be also used in another commercial products for sale , but not on freebies .

Artini said:

What does it mean:

Thank you for the support ! :) 

Redz said:

My wallet hates you right now. These are just georgeous!! Thank you.

Thank you Simon !

SimonJM said:

Straight into the cart! :)

Thanks Anita !

L'Adair said:
    MEC4D said:

... and in the cart. I'd have checked out immediately, but I haven't yet decided what DO to use my $4 on!

Yeah it is bad timing , there was a lot of great products this month in the store , no problem and thank you for the support ! 

And, it is wishlisted for me, too.  Sorry, Cath, I just can't spend any more this month or, probably next month, either.  Which is sad as I think I would get a lot of use out of all those metal shaders.  I didn't even look at the promos as I'm sure I'll start drooling and trying to find nonexistent monies in the couch cushions and turn into a crazier person than I already am.  You can be sure I'll be putting it into the cart as soon as I can, probably without even looking at the promos!  There are very few vendors I can say that about, but you are on that list.

Thank you, there are still more stuff to discover and learn for all of us , happy you enjoy the sets ! thanks for the support

fastbike1 said:

Direct to the cart.

Cath, the fidelity of these shaders is just ridiculous! Just so there is no misunderstanding, I mean ridiculous in the most positive sense possible. The results are incredible (also demonstrate that I have much to learn about Iray shader application possibilities).

Thanks Wendy, no problemo ! yes 

Wilmap said:

In my wishlist. Spent too much this month already so will have to wait to play with these.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    MEC4D said:

Vol 3 just released ! 

<squee!>

Should be able to afford it this week or next. Into the wishlist with it, until then.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Spent more than I should have... always, lol... but Vol 3 is mine! (Along with a few other things I hadn't budgeted for... Curse you, DAZ!)

• Just got vol3!

I can't play with it right now but I am sure I'll have some questions!

Thanks for the new video on Youtube, very interesting.