Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Thanks Kerya!

edited April 2016

Going to give you a look at 3A Creative Morphs Merchant Resource Set 01 

This will be on Genesis 3 Female, using Adaline's skin. Then applying the morphs. We're not going to change the pose at all, and see how the head morphs do.  The smile combination from Smile Delight is:

Smile 12:   77.9%

Smile 15:   22.1%

Smile 18:  -10.6%  (yes, you should test negatives too)

Smile 19: 6.8%

which looks acceptable on the first morph. How does it do on the other morphs?

And not good at all on this one.

adaline1.jpg
    491 x 600 - 91K
    adaline2.jpg
    491 x 600 - 90K
    adaline3.jpg
    491 x 600 - 89K
    adaline4.jpg
    491 x 600 - 90K
    adaline5.jpg
    491 x 600 - 89K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2016

Still not changing the smile morphs, but you can see you'll have to make minor tweaks depending on the head shape you choose. I like the variety. After I get done, I'll go back and test the ones that needed tweaking and show you a good smile using those heads.

Whoa, look what it does to the eyelashes in the second one, #7 head morph. Is it supposed to do that? (Yes, I tested it twice. No double morphing.) 

As you'll see, there's a bit of pulling on the mouths, so as expected, you'll have to tweak the smiles to go with the face morphs.

adaline6.jpg
    491 x 600 - 92K
    adaline7.jpg
    491 x 600 - 90K
    adaline8.jpg
    491 x 600 - 90K
    adaline9.jpg
    491 x 600 - 91K
    adaline10.jpg
    491 x 600 - 92K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2016

Two more.

The original Adaline with her morphs, her skin.

So, we know the same smile won't work with the different head morphs. Let's do head morph #5 from the first post and reduce the smile.

Basically, what I'm seeing so far is using the same smile won't work with the different morphs (no surprise there.) I am surprised, however, that the eyelash length changed on several of these, one very obviously. 

This product also has where you can just morph the nose, which I think will come in very handy. All in all, it's fun to play with. However, I am going to test some smiles using Expressions and see what will actually look GOOD with these morphs. Will have to do that sometime this week.

adaline11.jpg
    491 x 600 - 91K
    adaline12.jpg
    491 x 600 - 92K
    adalineORIG.jpg
    491 x 600 - 89K
    BrooklynMorph5.jpg
    491 x 600 - 88K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2016

Going to test some of the new light sets. First, here's the default Iray light.

It's Octavia wearing the Alisha Top, with  Frawn Hair.

Going to work with the Chroma Iray Lights. The instructions are:

"This product contains 08 HDR environments and 08 x's 3 matching Iray lights, meaning each environment has 3 matching lights for a total of 24 lights. You can control the brightness of your render by controlling the environment with the included settings and lights, each light is labeled a,b,c, “a” being the darker of the 3, “c” being lighter with additional lights added."

Well, okay. I see where it says under Environment - Environment High, Environment Low, Environment Medium. (that would be the 3 matching Iray Environment Intensities)  The first row has the 8 environments. Those are the colors.

The second part, Lights has the a, b, c. So if I pick Chroma 1 Environment from Environments, I pick 1a, 1b, or 1c from the Lights.

And it has Dome Off and On. Going to play and figure this out, would help if I didn't start this when I am tired. (5:30am)

Below, first one of Octavia: I used the 01 Chroma, used High Intensity, with the C option (light) and I'll show you the results. Very pleased. Easy to use!

The second Octavia used 02, same thing- High Intensity and C (lightest). 

Third is 03, same thing, High Intensity and C (lightest)

OctaviaAlishaTopDefault.jpg
    491 x 600 - 132K
    chroma.jpg
    633 x 1035 - 2M
    Octavia01HiC.jpg
    491 x 600 - 140K
    Octavia02HiC.jpg
    491 x 600 - 139K
    Octavia03HiC.jpg
    491 x 600 - 143K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2016

Continuing on.

First, 04 Chroma, High Intensity Environment, C. (lightest)

05 Chroma, High Environment Intensity, C (Lightest)

This would be same thing, number 6. There's more but you get the gist. Fun lights, easy to use. I used High Intensity on all of these, but you'd get some really subtle lighting using medium or low.

Octavia04HiC.jpg
    491 x 600 - 142K
    Octavia05HiC.jpg
    491 x 600 - 140K
    Octavia06HiC.jpg
    491 x 600 - 141K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    Novica said:

Here's a few of the items I picked up (I did get the extra 20%, and bought two things from each promotion to trigger the extra discounts.) 

i13 Sweet Set  (a few fun props.) 

Prismatic Iray Sets  (look at the backgrounds and the setup- really cool)

Furniture Set 1 Classic    That chair is awesome. Remember me saying the Dean's office chair/desk wasn't quite executive enough IMO? THIS is an executive chair.

Emulated FishEye Lens   FirstBastion scores!  You can have SO much fun with this. You can show a robot's view, someone looking through a door peep hole view, etc. And just fun!

i13 50 Essential Sport Poses

Infinity Cove     Tweak it- you have the backgrounds and the terrain. Shader it, add plants (we all loaded up on Travelers) and create your own world.

FWSA Finley    But I hope that blush comes off in the no makeup option?

Rhio Hair     (Gen 3  Gen2)  Refreshing. Can be with simple outfits or sophisticated.

Chroma Iray Lights   For the soft, subtle looks. Will be trying these on the portraits for the thread.

So what are you folks buying? 

I'm not buying anything at the moment, My 20% connect coupon said it expires tonite at midnight so I didn't use it yesterday as I was fairly busy all day with real life and didn't have time to shop, and wouldn't you know it ...I log in today thinking I would just get a gift card and my orange banner is gone, there is no message in my messge box anymore and I don't remember the code to try it and see if it works still.  I sent in a support ticket but it's sunday and there is probably no one there to see it crying

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

There is a pic of Lee7 in this promo: http://www.daz3d.com/astraios-ranger-for-genesis-3-male-s

There is a pic of Lee7 in this promo: http://www.daz3d.com/astraios-ranger-for-genesis-3-male-s

Maybe he will be out next week?

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921
    Kharma said:
    Novica said:

Here's a few of the items I picked up (I did get the extra 20%, and bought two things from each promotion to trigger the extra discounts.) 

Furniture Set 1 Classic    That chair is awesome. Remember me saying the Dean's office chair/desk wasn't quite executive enough IMO? THIS is an executive chair.

Emulated FishEye Lens   FirstBastion scores!  You can have SO much fun with this. You can show a robot's view, someone looking through a door peep hole view, etc. And just fun!

Infinity Cove     Tweak it- you have the backgrounds and the terrain. Shader it, add plants (we all loaded up on Travelers) and create your own world.

Rhio Hair     (Gen 3  Gen2)  Refreshing. Can be with simple outfits or sophisticated.

Chroma Iray Lights   For the soft, subtle looks. Will be trying these on the portraits for the thread.

I'm not buying anything at the moment, My 20% connect coupon said it expires tonite at midnight so I didn't use it yesterday as I was fairly busy all day with real life and didn't have time to shop, and wouldn't you know it ...I log in today thinking I would just get a gift card and my orange banner is gone, there is no message in my messge box anymore and I don't remember the code to try it and see if it works still.  I sent in a support ticket but it's sunday and there is probably no one there to see it crying

It expires today midnight MDT so you have around 14 hours left

Renomista said:
    Kharma said:
    Novica said:

Kharma said:
    Novica said:

And i got the code by mail, not in site (beside the orange bar)

Renomista said:
    Renomista said:
    Kharma said:
    Novica said:

Kharma said:
    Novica said:

And i got the code by mail, not in site (beside the orange bar)

Even tho my message was gone some kind souls in the commons posted the code and I tried it and it worked for me so I did get my GC for future purchases :)

edited April 2016
    Kharma said:

Maybe he will be out next week?

I think this week is highly likely. They usually give a discount on giftcards right before the new release, and the final week of April, eveyrone is likely going to be tapped out, so this week makes more sense.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806
    Novica said:

A gal I'm just now fiddlin' with is Dahlia (Gen3F)  and you REALLY should give her a look. Although she is shown as a dark, foreboding character, there IS A NO MAKEUP and also in Parameters, you can shorten those eyelashes, hide a layer or two of eyelashes, and you will have a very clean cut woman who looks nothing like the promos. Which of course, means you then get clean cut AND dark, moody, and a vampire. I'll be posting her later, she's rendering now but I am still tweaking. 

Here she is. How about that for a difference from the promo? No makeup, shorter eyelashes, less curl, hide a layer of eyelashes, and vroooom!  Take her home to meet the parents!

That's quite a difference, thanks for showing her like that. I'm not a big fan of heavy black eye makeup. Is that common that you can change the layers and size of eyelashes in models? I never thought to look.

Kharma said:

Kharma, I just got online, when I first read your message I was going to PM you. Glad it worked out! I wonder why the banner is gone?

I just checked- it's still there for me. Huh. 

RGcincy said:
    Novica said:

That's quite a difference, thanks for showing her like that. I'm not a big fan of heavy black eye makeup. Is that common that you can change the layers and size of eyelashes in models? I never thought to look.

Yes- you go into Parameters>Actor>Head>Face>Eyes. 

Don't want to double post, but take a look at the books in one of the sets I bought.  Ironman13 got creative.

edited April 2016

I will post the render here, and a closeup. Here's what was used:

The gal is FWSA Finley, hair is Force Hair.  She's wearing Cailin Dress.  Let me say this about Finley- I was hesitant to get her because of the blush, I wanted a bit more natural. The blush does NOT show up as much as in the promos- Finley is a beautiful character with and without the blush, very natural. 

The New Visions Bedroom has separate walls so you can let the light in from the front, as shown below. There's nice details- the carpet texture is very obvious. The ceramic birds shimmer like real ceramics, the lamp is lit, etc. I'll do more renders of it sometime tonight. That cabinet is unique, I really like it.

FinleyForceHair.jpg
    491 x 600 - 258K
    FinleyForceHair2PRINT.jpg
    491 x 600 - 235K
    Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:
    Kharma said:

Kharma, I just got online, when I first read your message I was going to PM you. Glad it worked out! I wonder why the banner is gone?

I just checked- it's still there for me. Huh. 

I'm not sure where it went but it did come back and now it's gone again, altho this time the message is still in my exclusive offer messages not that it matters because I already used it :)

I think the challenge with those smiles is the absence of cheek creases when the mouth smiles, especailly those big smiles which would give a line or two in the cheek area, in even the most botoxed ladies.

edited April 2016

I think the challenge with those smiles is the absence of cheek creases when the mouth smiles, especailly those big smiles which would give a line or two in the cheek area, in even the most botoxed ladies.

Yep. I'm going to test them more later tonight. Those smiles really weren't extreme, and the morphs didn't seem to take to them well in several of them. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited April 2016

I would buy that dresser for my house.  Love it.  She does look very natural and the hair is cute too.  I can't buy any more hair.  I just can't.... lol.  I picked up First Bastions Cave Waters One and Lady of War for Gen 2 Females.  It covers everything (no skimpware) and I think it will be fairly easy to retexture if I want to.  Nice practical boots as well.  I picked up the Keshi bundle with the Jewels of the Orient and accompanying poses for less than $12.  For Stephanie 6 but she looks great on the base figure. Udane hair

Kensi 3 Delight Test.jpg
    739 x 591 - 234K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited April 2016

Travels and taxes being done, I finally had a chance to do a new render. I didn't have much time to check out the store while I was gone but did pick up George HD for Genesis 3 Male. I was hesitant until I saw some images barbult posted in another thread where she used him dialed in at varying amounts. At full strength, he's a bit extreme for my taste. As Renomista has already posted some renders of him, I was just going to show how well he works with Growing Up for Genesis 3 Male morphs. 

The father (or grandfather) in the scene has George dialed in at 74%. The boy has him dialed in at 54%, with Youth morph at 61% and Youth Proportion Adjustment at 20%. The man uses George's texture while the boy uses Growing Up Skin Merchant Resource for Genesis 3 Male. Both skin textures were adjusted with the Iray Smart Converter. The image was rendered in DS4.8. 

I was pleased with how the growing up morphs scaled George down and made his face more youthful while keeping a family resemblance. Autofit of clothing worked well for both. I do wish George had a separate head morph, as the body could be blended with a broader range of characters then.

Family Resemblance.jpg
    640 x 800 - 342K
    Post edited by RGcincy on

I have Cave Waters One but haven't rendered it yet. Keshi on the base figure does look good! Nice to have an ethnic variety too.

I like your version of George, Rich. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118
    RGcincy said:

Travels and taxes being done, I finally had a chance to do a new render. I didn't have much time to check out the store while I was gone but did pick up George HD for Genesis 3 Male. I was hesitant until I saw some images barbult posted in another thread where she used him dialed in at varying amounts. At full strength, he's a bit extreme for my taste. As Renomista has already posted some renders of him, I was just going to show how well he works with Growing Up for Genesis 3 Male morphs. 

The father (or grandfather) in the scene has George dialed in at 74%. The boy has him dialed in at 54%, with Youth morph at 61% and Youth Proportion Adjustment at 20%. The man uses George's texture while the boy uses Growing Up Skin Merchant Resource for Genesis 3 Male. Both skin textures were adjusted with the Iray Smart Converter. The image was rendered in DS4.8. 

I was pleased with how the growing up morphs scaled George down and made his face more youthful while keeping a family resemblance. Autofit of clothing worked well for both. I do wish George had a separate head morph, as the body could be blended with a broader range of characters then.

Both are great looking characters. Thanks for explaining how you created them.

RGcincy said:

Thats Great. I tried him out with Growing up (as I do with all new Characters) and it did not work out at all withh "full" George

Dialing him in only partial achieves exactly was I was looking for. Thanks for the tip!

edited April 2016

I've retested the 3A Creative Morphs Merchant Resource Set 1, I used Expressions instead of Smile Delight, and the smiles/lip posing for several of them isn't going to work for me. That one enlarges the eyelashes and frankly makes the figure cartoony, and the smiles on several seem, for lack of a better word, bloated/stiff. If you're looking for a fun ear product, the variety of those is really good, and there is a separate nose morph category, but I was going for the entire head, not just noses, and don't need the elf/creature ears. I tested them on the Gen3 Female. It says:

"collection of morphs that can be mixed and matched with any other morph sets that are owned, or used as a base to create your own unique characters"

however, when I used it with any other character, the morphs really stacked, so perhaps you'd want to do the slider thing instead of a complete character and ease the morphing together. Anyone else who has tried it and gotten results they like, feel free to share. I think it's going to depend on which character, which morphs you happen to use. (I was only using Gen3F for the first 12 tests, then tested it on Roxanne and a few other gals.)

EDIT: I am keeping it btw because it was the product that triggered discounts for quite a few things in the cart. 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2016
    barbult said:

Both are great looking characters. Thanks for explaining how you created them.

Thank YOU for posting those blended figures in the thread in Commons. I thought he was too one-dimensional to buy until I saw what you did. 

Renomista said:

Thats Great. I tried him out with Growing up (as I do with all new Characters) and it did not work out at all withh "full" George

Dialing him in only partial achieves exactly was I was looking for. Thanks for the tip!

Glad it helps. I believe I started with Growing Up 9-10 year old, then slid the George slider until the boy looked about right. I think the Zev0 skin also helps make for a younger look. BTW, I liked the George of Hearts render you posted. He would fit right in at Vegas!

Post edited by RGcincy on
    edited April 2016

Say hello to Alien Module. Then on the last one,  I used Alien Metals-Iray Shaders. Wouldn't work on the blue lights though.

alienmodule1.jpg
    650 x 550 - 227K
    alienmodule2.jpg
    650 x 550 - 227K
    alienmoduleORIG.jpg
    650 x 550 - 215K
    alienmodulealienshaders.jpg
    650 x 550 - 231K
    Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:

Say hello to Alien Module. 

Just wanted to start to make jokes about , what interesting stuff you have whe i have seen that i have this little guy myself ;-)

This discussion has been closed.