Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I only doodled this morning, but you get lost in the castle. And I answered on another thread- 

1. yes, the doors can be opened, use Y Rotation

2. yes, there are interiors.

BTW, if you folks haven't seen SereneNight's Fight In Goo, it's vibrant and fun!  I love the background too. AWESOME!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

I was drooling over that castle.  Can't justify it right now but its in my wishlist for sure.  It looks stunning

I thought so too - but for that price I want a Poser version and windows that look like windows ...

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

I was drooling over that castle.  Can't justify it right now but its in my wishlist for sure.  It looks stunning

Same here. But I have 0 use for it right now, so it didn't even got on my wishlist.

Novica said:

Please post Renders!

Renomista said:
    Novica said:

Please post Renders!

It's over in Commons in that thread, I did one without the roof. It would take too long for me to set up emissive lights and get an interior scene setup right now. I'm doing yardwork the next several weeks before it gets too hot, but I'll post when I can. Also need to spend SOME time with my horse before it gets too hot. Haven't seen him in two weeks. 

BTW, Sabby is having a SIXTY percent sale off over at Rendo. If you liked that face with the paint when I did the ninja render in the forest, I think that was one of Sabbys. 

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865
    edited April 2016

Picked up the Forest Bundle from FastGrab yesterday...  Here's some test renders:

Rendered in Iray with the original 3Delight shaders:

Shaders updated with Nature Shaders and MEC4D's PBR Vol 2 shaders

Base Shaders:

With Iray Leaves and water

Forest Base.jpg
    800 x 450 - 324K
    Forest Base - Iray.jpg
    800 x 450 - 356K
    Forest 2 - Base.jpg
    800 x 450 - 317K
    Forest 2 - Base w iray leaves.jpg
    800 x 450 - 332K
    Post edited by TabascoJack on

Nice! Also picked it up yesterday need to find time to try and reshade...

Thanks for sharing! I don't think we've ever showcased that one before. It's a big set too.

edited April 2016

I've used the Forest in DazStudio (3Delight) and Poser ...

Autumn Fun (Poser)

Credits:
    Ball Joint Doll - MayaX
    Dollie for BJD - Lucie
    Straight Hair (BJD Type2) - Maya
    Bisque Doll Dress BJD - RavenRaven
    RibbonSkirt for BJD (Bonnet)- aoaio
    FSWNW Steampunk Materials - FrozenStar, WhopperNnoonWalker
    Kite - most-digital-creations
    Balloons (line) - Lyrra Madril
    Platanus Orient DR - Dinoraul
    'Blowin' in the Wind' Tool - Nerd3D
    Variegated Leaves Shader - Bagginsbill (http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2882065&page=1)
    Flinks Sky 2 - Sunset - Flink
    Forest, Forest Autumn - Andrey Pestryakov

Dance into Autumn (DazStudio)

Credits:
    ML Saskia for V4 - Mirella
    Amaltheia Hair - 3Dream, Mairy
    Aella - Mirabilis (free)
    Sparkles for Studio - Fisty
    DanceEmotion - AerySoul (Alfaseed)
    Forest Autumn - Andrey Pestryakov
    Songbird Remix European Edition 1 - Ken Gilliland
    Advanced Ambient Light - Age of Armour

AutumnFun.jpg
    1680 x 560 - 359K
    DanceIntoAutumn.jpg
    778 x 1000 - 420K
    Post edited by Kerya on

Your kite render is adorable and I love the lively pose on the second one. You definitely got that autumn feeling going! 

BTW, if anyone is still shopping the make your own flash sale, be sure and note that this (Coffee Shop Environmment) is not a new item anymore. I've been waiting on it! 

Novica said:

BTW, if anyone is still shopping the make your own flash sale, be sure and note that this (Coffee Shop Environmment) is not a new item anymore. I've been waiting on it! 

Me too, it is now in my library together with I13 deans office waiting to be tried out...

edited April 2016

If you like Lucinda, take a look at Vashti, who is in that make your own Flash sale in Vyktoria's store.  Vashti has nice, thick eyebrows, so of course I'm a fan. Wearing Rhio Hair. (G2, G3)

vaskia CoffeeHouse2.jpg
    450 x 600 - 234K
    Vashti CoffeeShop.jpg
    675 x 900 - 535K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

I just got the Lilith 6 Pro Bundle for $6.95 in the Drop Dead sale. If you buy two new items from that sale, you can get her for $1, but I didn't want any new items today. $6.95 for a pro bundle is still a 95% off bargain.

edited April 2016

FWSA Dayanara, wearing Geneva Hair, then Christina Hair. Outfit is Summer Star. Dayanara has fairly dark skin, and has good sheen. No postwork, this is the true colors, used the Latitude and Longitude lightset. (I like  Central Mexico, Dry Season) 

With Expressions, she poses very easily. Mouth responds well, no poofiness or puckering. I did a few different ones to show you.

DayanaraLatLongCentMexDryOct.jpg
    425 x 600 - 119K
    DayanaraLatLongCentMexDryOct2.jpg
    425 x 600 - 114K
    DayanaraLatLongCentMexDryOct3.jpg
    425 x 600 - 133K
    Post edited by Novica on
    barbult said:

I just got the Lilith 6 Pro Bundle for $6.95 in the Drop Dead sale. If you buy two new items from that sale, you can get her for $1, but I didn't want any new items today. $6.95 for a pro bundle is still a 95% off bargain.

Yes, that is a fantastic deal! I take it we'll be seeing some gorgeous Lilith renders from you soon?

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

barbult said:

Agreed.  Amazing deal.  I picked up my copy as well.

edited April 2016

FWSA Zoe and Egyptian Outfit

I darkened the outfit a bit (and also the reflective to a bit darker gray) because I'm not changing my lights (same ones I used on Dayanara.) I used one of the shaders that comes with the outfit, for the head band section (the gold. Otherwise, it was white) Zoe is very regal / sophisticated, but smiling she would look more approachable. Lovely skin.

ZoeEgyptLatLongCentMexDryOct3.jpg
    400 x 600 - 75K
    ZoeEgypt4LatLongCentMexDryOct3.jpg
    400 x 600 - 118K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805
    barbult said:

Great tip! I got that and the Voodoo Magic Bundle. I had one item in the last bundle on my wishlist for some time; I got the bundle for less than what the item would have cost me the last time it was on sale.

Novica said:

FWSA Zoe and Egyptian Outfit

I darkened the outfit a bit (and also the reflective to a bit darker gray) because I'm not changing my lights (same ones I used on Dayanara.) I used one of the shaders that comes with the outfit, for the head band section (the gold. Otherwise, it was white) Zoe is very regal / sophisticated, but smiling she would look more approachable. Lovely skin.

Very nice! 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552

I thought of you Novica because I recently bought a great eyebrow photoshop brush product. It is free with attribution or 3 dollars for a commercial use license which requires no attribution. I think it does a great job of touching up the eyebrows and making them look less pencilled at least from the front, but can be used to doctor your model's brows. You might check the free version. It is available at obsidian Dawn's site. 

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805
    edited April 2016

This caught my eye today: Hi-Drama Iray Lights. Easy to use: select a light by clicking on one of the 25 light icons. Unlike some light sets I have, it's easy to tell from the icons what the light will do. I picked the one named HiDrama 06. It came in a bit dark, so I clicked on the icon Render Setting Brighter, which is what I used for the renders below. One nice feature is you can render in B&W by one-clicking on that icon. Tip 1: Don't forget to turn off the camera headlamp. Tip 2: If you click on one of the three render setting icons that come with the lights, it loads a black environment map. If you only add the light, the existing environment map is still in effect unless you turn the Environment Mode to Scene Only. I didn't do this at first and was wondering why I was getting so much light on the unlit side of the face in my test renders.

Here's another one using light 12a:

Hi-Drama Lights color.jpg
    640 x 800 - 215K
    Hi-Drama Lights bw.jpg
    640 x 800 - 174K
    Hi-Drama Lights 12a color.jpg
    640 x 800 - 224K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I looked at those and am considering them for the wish list. I need to go through and work with the ones I have before I buy anymore.  Interestingly enough when I looked at the monster sale this morning things were NOT $6.95.  Glad I checked in here as they are showing that now and I too grabbed Lilith as well as the undead fiend which has been on my wish list for at least 6 months

barbult said:

Thanks for the hint, almost overlooked this b/c only on of the new items was interesting.

got the Lilith 6 Pro Bundle the Vodoo Magic Bundle, The V4/M4 Superphysicality Bundle (Mainly for Elite and Creature Morphs) amd the beautiful DMR Moon Cult

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,039
    edited April 2016

I've used Forest on one or two renders. I did this one using Forest Winter - Hires. The background HDRI is Milky Way, I think it came with Bryce, which is the only lighting. The second one with the Bloom filter turned on.

Click on image for full size.

Click on image for full size.

bison-in-the-forest-004.jpg
    1440 x 960 - 931K
    bison-in-the-forest-i-003.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 628K
    Post edited by Fishtales on

Fishtales, those are stunning. I had heard of the Bloom filter but don't have a clue how it works. It appears to take the sunlight and gently diffuse it outwards? How did you get the light fog in the background on the first one, or is that built into the hdri background?

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,039
    edited April 2016

I used the small version of the HDRI which is fuzzy and not supposed to be used as a background, only for lighting, but it works well in this image.

Post edited by Fishtales on
    edited April 2016
    IrayBloomFilter.jpg
    390 x 410 - 49K
    Post edited by Kerya on

Thanks Kerya. I'll have to Bloom something. After all, it's Spring. devil

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited April 2016
    Novica said:
    barbult said:

Yes, that is a fantastic deal! I take it we'll be seeing some gorgeous Lilith renders from you soon?

Here you go!

These use items from the Lilith Pro Bundle and the Voodoo Magic Bundle. There are a lot of Mec4d PBS Shaders Vol 1 and Mec4d PBS Shaders Vol 2 in use also. Of course I used V3Digitimes Iray Smart Skin Converter on the skin. The dark skinned model is Monique 6 character Marie. The hair is not from either bundle. One is Fashion Hair and the other is Vidal Braids for G2F.

Lilith 6 Voodoo Queen 009.jpg
    1236 x 1600 - 1019K
    Monique 6 Marie 015 final.jpg
    1236 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on

The Only thing that I missed in this great sale where Monique and Darius....

This discussion has been closed.