George HD

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    pds said:

I haven't picked him up yet, but I think he might make a good base for a Wilson Fisk (Kingpin) character, using one of these:

http://www.daz3d.com/suave-for-genesis-3-male-s
    http://www.daz3d.com/double-breasted-suit-for-genesis-2-male-s

I bet he'd look good in this Mafioso outfit for The Freak, too. Will play with it later: 

http://www.daz3d.com/mafioso

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921
    pds said:

I haven't picked him up yet, but I think he might make a good base for a Wilson Fisk (Kingpin) character, using one of these:

http://www.daz3d.com/suave-for-genesis-3-male-s
    http://www.daz3d.com/double-breasted-suit-for-genesis-2-male-s

Both look very form fitting (almost never good for male clothing) on the Promo Pics. I have my doubts that a big guy looks good in them.

It can't hurt to try, except maybe, our eyes! LOL

• I put him in Grantham Hall suit for this.  It's mostly ok, but the buttons on the coat scaled up as well so they look odd.

In German we say he looks like "Die Wurst in der Pelle" (The sausage in the casing) ;-)

Llynara said:

• ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386
    mhysell said:

One of my planned projects is concept art from the Dune universe. This guy will serve as an excellent base for Baron Harkonnen.

That's exactly how I see him: The bad guy :) As he is not the kind of guy I usually use in my renders I didn't buy him yet but I am really considering doing so.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,131
    edited April 2016

Here are three images of George. The green sweater is 100% George HD. The plaid shirt is 50% George with a little Gianni 6 from the Legacies product. The military jacket is 25% George and 75% M7. I think George mixes pretty well in the G3 gene pool.

These are Iray renders. There is a bug in the 3Delight materials, though. It tries to load a Gianni 7 UV map (for the eyes, I think). Since I don't own Gianni 7, it gave me a missing file error. I wrote a bug report on it.

George HD 005.jpg
    1236 x 1600 - 2M
    George HD 50% Gianni 6.jpg
    1236 x 1600 - 2M
    George 25% M7 75%.jpg
    1236 x 1600 - 941K
    Post edited by barbult on

Oh wow, he looks very interesting combined with other character morphs! I've got today's Edgar character in my cart right now with that in mind. Hadn't thought of using George, but his skin looks very good on these. Great idea!

Barbult: Thanks for that insight! I really need to play around a bit. This makes George even greater

I especially like how Georges head looks like in the "thinner" versions. A real character!

edited April 2016
    Renomista said:

In German we say he looks like "Die Wurst in der Pelle" (The sausage in the casing) ;-)

Llynara said:

Renomista- LOL! If I can "squeeze" him into Poser 11, I'll try dynamic clothing on him. There's some way to get the G3's in there, but I haven't braved it yet. Until then, I can play with some M4 dynamic clothing I have in Daz. Not sure how that's going to work with Wear Them All, might be a disaster. We'll see.

Post edited by Llynara on
  • I put him in Grantham Hall suit for this.  It's mostly ok, but the buttons on the coat scaled up as well so they look odd.

It may help to use the Geometry Editor tool to apply Rigidity groups to each button, with a reference polygon where it attacehs to the suit, before applying the George shape.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

I've got George at ~50% in everyday clothes in the Coffeeshop; I'm having trouble lighting the scene (I'm at 3775 iterations and it's still really noisy) but he looks really good.  He's definitely a strong character.

--  Morgan

edited April 2016

Cypher, I had trouble lighting the i13 coffee shop and rendering with Reality too. Lots of noise. I tried 3Delight, but it looked awful. The product page doesn't say it's Iray only, but I'm guessing it is.

Post edited by Llynara on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    edited April 2016

Ooooh, barbult, those are nice!

I did some morph blending too with Leo on this one.

george-leo.jpg
    1381 x 1500 - 360K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Wow great renders, you are all making George look fantastic, I haven't had a chance to test drive him yet but am glad I nabbed him when I did.

@luci45, I don't have Leo, but your mix looks great! George is really useful to age a character and put on a little weight.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282
    edited April 2016

George Claus

George dialed to 75%, with a nightime Iray Skydome Super Pak dome giving the light

George Claus.png
    474 x 830 - 276K
    Post edited by 3Ddreamer on
    barbult said:

@luci45, I don't have Leo, but your mix looks great! George is really useful to age a character and put on a little weight.

Agreed! We definitely need this for G3F as well (Georgina or Georgette). He's surprisingly versatile. The renders coming out look great!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited April 2016

Bethany's parents. Yes.

(Or any old people characters)

Post edited by JOdel on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,684

Boy he likes to eat!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Boy he likes to eat!

Nah, just has a slow metabolism from yo-yo dieting.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

I would say a quick go with George, but this took ages to render!

George.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 1M
  • Here is a quickie of George's morphs and textures on Guy 7. Guy 100%, George 40%.

George.jpg
    800 x 800 - 397K
  • Here is a quickie of George's morphs and textures on Guy 7. Guy 100%, George 40%.

• luci45 said:

Ooooh, barbult, those are nice!

I did some morph blending too with Leo on this one.

He puts me in mind of a heavier Sam Elliot

Simon, that looks great. I'd say he makes a perfect "character actor". George reminds me of a "John Goodman" type. There are plenty of people in Hollywood that make a good living NOT being the leading men and women. They play the interesting, unforgettable roles (Steven Buscemi and Kevin Spacey come to mind, though they've done leads too). 

Maybe that's the approach DAZ needs to take with some of their "characters". Not all of them need to look like supermodels. There are some interesting characters already in the store, but we can always use more. 

edited April 2016

Greetings,

George, getting coffee...

George, getting coffee...

n.b. I had to do some serious color correction on this bad boy, and rescaling is what really cleaned the image up.  I do wish I had a good set of lights for the coffeeshop...

--  Morgan

George Coffee.jpg
    691 x 768 - 235K
    Post edited by CypherFOX on
    CypherFOX said:
    n.b. I had to do some serious color correction on this bad boy, and rescaling is what really cleaned the image up.  I do wish I had a good set of lights for the coffeeshop...

--  Morgan

Did you try using one of the included ready to render scenes? They include lighting and render settings.

Greetings,

barbult said:
    CypherFOX said:

--  Morgan

Did you try using one of the included ready to render scenes? They include lighting and render settings.

I tried it; the scene is actually from their 'ready to render' full scene, but the lights didn't work at all, and I had to delete them and create new ones.

That said, I am remembering that I set up George first, and had to 'merge' the scene onto him, otherwise it would have deleted everything I'd set up.  It's possible that 'merge' behaves differently than loading it as a scene first, but it seems weird that it would have broken the lights...

Think that's what happened?

--  Morgan

CypherFOX said:

Greetings,

barbult said:
    CypherFOX said:

--  Morgan

I tried it; the scene is actually from their 'ready to render' full scene, but the lights didn't work at all, and I had to delete them and create new ones.

That said, I am remembering that I set up George first, and had to 'merge' the scene onto him, otherwise it would have deleted everything I'd set up.  It's possible that 'merge' behaves differently than loading it as a scene first, but it seems weird that it would have broken the lights...

Think that's what happened?

--  Morgan

Yes, with the merge, I don't think you will get the render settings. I think if you had saved your George scene and then opened the ready to render scene and merged George into it, your results would have been different.