A New Hope

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Geez... Shoulda never mentioned that part. I need a brain editor after I get treated.

I'll add some detergent to my next water change. I'm trying to keep the water from getting too warm.

I'm one hundred percent folks, I leave more blood in the machine than I lost today. It was just not cool to be leaky at that time.

P.S. Seats are fine, no spotting on them, Whew!!!

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Geez... Shoulda never mentioned that part. I need a brain editor after I get treated.

I'll add some detergent to my next water change. I'm trying to keep the water from getting too warm.

I'm one hundred percent folks, I leave more blood in the machine than I lost today. It was just not cool to be leaky at that time.

P.S. Seats are fine, no spotting on them, Whew!!!

Nice aiming then, mate. Sorry you went through that, it must have been pretty scary at 60mph.

Today I have the mother of all headaches, and it isn't even having the decency to be a migraine, it just bloomin' well hurts.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

Hey wassup, how ya doin'
    Yo, wassup, whatcha thinkin'
    Yeah, wassup, y'all been drinkin'

edited December 1969

Hey wassup, how ya doin'
    YEP!! ALL DAY!! Got to build up some new cells, I'm a bit low on them as I see it. I'm Meded up to the gills as well. I'm also on a roll! Just check my DAZ 101 thread, I brought it back from the dead (poet). Until it dies again, I give it two days TOPS!.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Hey wassup, how ya doin'
    YEP!! ALL DAY!! Got to build up some new cells, I'm a bit low on them as I see it. I'm Meded up to the gills as well. I'm also on a roll! Just check my DAZ 101 thread, I brought it back from the dead (poet). Until it dies again, I give it two days TOPS!.
    Come on, advertise properly, don't just give us the name of the thread, post a link!

Well today I don't know what I'm doing! Got the mother of all headaches, got to tidy Table Mountain and Table Volcano, and want to do something with 3D as well. Why can't there be more hours in a day?

With the 3D I think I'm soon going to be ready to play with Maya's shaders on a building model I'm making. I have absolutely no idea how to use those shaders, which is actually quite exciting. I don't know if it does really cool procedural shading that I can use for brickwork, stippling, tree bark, or whatever, or whether I need to make textures in PS for things. I'm going to seriously enjoy playing with this side of Maya, texturing is a big love of mine.

Hopefully renders will ensue!

edited December 1969

Um... like here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4310/P180/#109774 just under your thread you, you you, you.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Um... like here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4310/P180/#109774 just under your thread you, you you, you.

LOLZes! Honestly, I don't even leave this thread very often. It's not that I've got anything against the rest of the forum, it's purely that I'm a busy little Bazzie with one thing and another.

That makes my forum-time rather lazy I'm afraid. But seriously, if people poke me in the direction of an intersting thread I'll love to go see it. I'm genuinely sorry if that sounds even more lazy, but I just haven't the mental energy to keep up to date on forums. It's the main reason every month I say "Oh that contest sounds really intersting" and then never enter. I start, I figure I'd be better off doing something else, and I just don't have the brainpower to finish it.

edited December 1969

LOL!! I'm just bas-ackwards. I check em all, I got no real desire to do nothing. It's pulling teeth just to get two easy renders for that Spooky thread stuff I've been doing.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    LOL!! I'm just bas-ackwards. I check em all, I got no real desire to do nothing. It's pulling teeth just to get two easy renders for that Spooky thread stuff I've been doing.

Yeah, everything seems like pulling teeth for me too these days, but that's mostly because I'm learning new stuff and every time I learn new stuff I manage to procrastinate rather than actually learn. Fear of failure, I believe it is. I'm getting better with that though.
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Yeah, everything seems like pulling teeth for me too these days, but that's mostly because I'm learning new stuff and every time I learn new stuff I manage to procrastinate rather than actually learn. Fear of failure, I believe it is. I'm getting better with that though.

heck if I worry about failure - I would not have done any thing .
    get out of the rut be happy .

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Jaderail said:

heck if I worry about failure - I would not have done any thing .
    get out of the rut be happy .

Exactly what I'm working on. Failing is learning!

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

bigh said:

I have looked at the thread from top to bottom and I have to say I'm blown away by some of it even if it's not my thing.

To be honest, I don't like the abstract stuff. It's not my thing, I look at most abstract work and it stirs up no emotion, no thought except "what the eff star star kay is it?" so it's definitely not your art that's the problem, just my brain! Your wooden-style sculpture thingies fall into the same category I'm afraid, but the textures look really good.

The realistic stuff, and the sci-fi style Pod City type work is very much my thing, though still quite abstract. I don't understand why I like that and not other abstract work, but I don't need to care, I like it a lot, and that's good enough for me.

I think my favourite is A Little Pond. Beautiful, really stirs up the emotions, that one.

I have a question about one of your images... It's on page 14, in fact there are more than one, but basically, where did you get that Eagle Transporter from Space 1999? I love that show and was thinking of doing something for the Freebie Contest using Space 1999 as my basis, but I couldn't find enough freebies!

edited December 1969

I have looked at the thread from top to bottom and I have to say I'm blown away by some of it even if it's not my thing.

To be honest, I don't like the abstract stuff. It's not my thing, I look at most abstract work and it stirs up no emotion, no thought except "what the eff star star kay is it?" so it's definitely not your art that's the problem, just my brain! Your wooden-style sculpture thingies fall into the same category I'm afraid, but the textures look really good.

The realistic stuff, and the sci-fi style Pod City type work is very much my thing, though still quite abstract. I don't understand why I like that and not other abstract work, but I don't need to care, I like it a lot, and that's good enough for me.

I think my favourite is A Little Pond. Beautiful, really stirs up the emotions, that one.

I have a question about one of your images... It's on page 14, in fact there are more than one, but basically, where did you get that Eagle Transporter from Space 1999? I love that show and was thinking of doing something for the Freebie Contest using Space 1999 as my basis, but I couldn't find enough freebies!

thanks for look see - it was a free b from Daz if you are a PC member

edited December 1969

bigh said:

thanks for look see - it was a free b from Daz if you are a PC member
    I am a PC member but haven't seen that. Any ideas where I get it from? Or is it no longer available?

edited December 1969

Oh dear, let's play Spot The Idiot... Someone, and I'm not saying who, but he currently has a rather rude Emotiguy as his avatar, bought Gen-X but hasn't got V4/M4 Shapes for Genesis.

Hmmmmm, wonder who that could be *rolls eyes*

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,666
    edited December 1969

you do not actually need them, the morphs just will not look the same, depending on which morphs you want it could still be useful.

edited December 1969

you do not actually need them, the morphs just will not look the same, depending on which morphs you want it could still be useful.

Still working on getting the morphs to work! PFFF! Complicapated stuffs.
    edited December 1969

Oh wow, I've got it working, at least with one character. I'm pretty sure I'll get the rest done easily too, but it might take some time. WOOHOO!

edited December 1969

you can add them ALL to one M4 and V4 and then transfer them from that.
    I missed some so did another but that can be either confusing or not depending on how you choose which ones you add.

edited December 1969

you can add them ALL to one M4 and V4 and then transfer them from that.
    I missed some so did another but that can be either confusing or not depending on how you choose which ones you add.

I've been adding them one at a time using the Create Single Morph option, which just creates a slider for whatever character I choose. I like it so far.

And I've not got all that many installed anyway at the moment. None of my vast collection of Illusions-Designs ones are on there yet, but that's fine, I'm bored of them all anyway!

edited December 1969

It has been 5 years today since my amazing dad left his body. I'm not sad, really, I'm still very proud of everything he did. Not just for me, but for the whole state.

edited December 1969

It has been 5 years today since my amazing dad left his body. I'm not sad, really, I'm still very proud of everything he did. Not just for me, but for the whole state.

Sounds like a good man. Obviously I'm sorry for your loss, but to be honest I'm trying to focus on the fact that he did good in his lifetime.
    Wherever he is, I'm sure he's proud of you too.
    edited December 1969

The did-good part s the part that matters. His memory is obviously still alive around here,c because wherever I go, someone is like ":Oh look, it's Enrico's boy1" And I get excited to talk about him. lol

Just see for yourself how cool he was:
    http://tribstar.com/obituaries_archive_url/x1155712284/Enrico-Aquino-Garcia-Jr

edited December 1969

WOW Jacob, you sure have big shoes to fill!
    he sounds like he was a real life superhero :coolsmile:

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Meh, it seems some things never change. I leave you Muppets all to yourself for a few months and you're all still here. I don't know if that says something about my life or yours! Lol.

As for why I'm blatantly ignoring all of you, I'm not. Just some major crap happening at work and after that got resolved (we still don't know where 250K went to but the insurance will pay) I was sent to the middle of nowhere and I'm still here because they fired the branch manager here and now I'm it until further notice. I'm stuck with my laptop and get this - No broadband wireless signal at the hotel! I hate my life. Lol.

Atl least there's signal at the office but yeah, not much time to do fun things during office hours. I don't know when my life will be back to normal or how often I'll manage to pop in but I haven't forgotten you guys (and gals).

edited December 1969

lol! I was actually thinking, where's Harry when MIA posters were being discussed a page or so ago, and then Jeff had to go and spring a leak driving and almost suffer major bloodloss possibly taking out a few other motorists or bystanders if he bled out (or Bambi) and all thoughts of poor Harry vaporised in the drama!

edited December 1969

someone small enough to fit through the cat door has broken into my house the last two nights,
    tonight while I was at work, last night while I was sleeping and heard it break the cat flap.
    was not one of my babies as all three were on my bed.
    must be scary mean or they would chase it.

edited September 2012

Holy Crap!! Harry popped in. Good to hear from you, take care and pop in when you can. More often I hope.

@Wendy: No bystanders to get on that stretch of road, Bambi maybe. More likely to get Thumper I think. And I did not leak that much, I just panicked a little (Huge, Enormous) bit.

@Jacob: After reading that, I agree with Wendy. He was a very special man, keep all your great memories close. I keep my Dad with me that way.

@Barry: I'm with bigh, I don't let what others think of my stuff bother me one little bit. I do what I do for myself. Sure I wish I was GOOD like some on the forums but I'm not, I still do my stuff and others can take it or leave it.

EDIT: Forgot, visitor at night in cat door? COON? POSSUM? They in your area?

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

most likely feline but a slim chance it could be a fox!
    I see a lot of foxes a night driving home.
    no racoons in Australia and our possoms eat fruit and more likely my rose petals!