- - Little thief !! That kid pick pocketed my Complaint Thread! - -

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...rats, nobody makes a freebie bacon prop for Poser/Daz.

I thought at least either Adam Thwaites or TrekkieGrrrl might have.

Pappy411 made a bacon prop but it is no longer available. It was in the Rendo Marketplace which is where I bought it. It is no longer there.

Oh you wanted a freebie.
    ...yeah I have a silly idea but I need strips of bacon for it.

There is a set of 3 strips (not sure if you can separate them) that is available at Turbosquid which is in Collada format (and is also built on quad polys which Studio uses) for 8$. Have to think about this one.

Did see a really funny item in the SketchUp 3D Warehouse but it is only available in .skp (Sketchup) format.

Bacon Tree

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

I've got real bacon but not sure how much help that would be.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

Image scroll bars, in Firefox:

Type about:config in the address bar.
    Click I'll be careful
    Type dom.disable_window_open_feature.scrollbars in the search bar (or as much as you need to show the option)
    right-click on it and select Toggle.

I think that's the right setting - it was posted in one of the older complaint threads I think.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Well, I'm over the jungle render now. I went to work and came back to find that after 8 hrs, the render progress for the 2nd section of the jungle at 20%. Stuff it! I'm not going to get what I want with this computer. I spent a lot of money for this pc 3 years ago and it just cant cope with a big scene what so ever! Even when the render settings are downgraded, two thirds of the scene deleted and the trees thinned out! DX DX DX

I guess I must stick to characters only renders... least until I can upgrade.

edited September 2012

Image scroll bars, in Firefox:

Type about:config in the address bar.
    Click I'll be careful
    Type dom.disable_window_open_feature.scrollbars in the search bar (or as much as you need to show the option)
    right-click on it and select Toggle.

I think that's the right setting - it was posted in one of the older complaint threads I think.

Image also scrolls in Opera as well :) But NOT explorer hence my switch to Opera.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Well 5am on a monday again. Should go to bed, but I still awake from work lol

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    Prae drop

Is that a wolf? If so which wolf is that? I might have her but if not I would like to get her one day.

Is there any wishlist notifier so that if I put item X in my wishlist and then item X goes on sale I could get a notice saying Item X is on sale for seventy percent off (or what ever it is at)

is by Alessandro http://www.daz3d.com/shop/wolf-by-am

(smaller)

Very nice render! Love the wolf! And creepy style for Halloween to boot!

• SnowbugSnowbug Posts: 72
    edited September 2012

i'm resisting an urge to play Baldur's Gate, if i start i won't come out of it for months.

I spent most of last summer playing BG 1&2. I think I only stopped eventually because my Kensai/Mage's stormy love affair with Yoshimo got bugged and I was too lazy too start again from an older save.

Post edited by Snowbug on
    edited December 1969

...actually made a purchase in the PA sale, got Mada's Florabelle (which is also for Gen4).

Interesting, Bobbie25's store is supposed to be on sale but only about a half page of items pulls up.

edited December 1969

So I thought I'd open task manager and see whats going on with my failing renderings... It appears to bump my CPU usage to 100% Wowzers! That cant be good yeah?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Bobbie is only showing as having 13 items as PA items. A lot of her stuff will show uinder the DAZ 3D label as Daz Originals

edited December 1969

...how many CPU cores do you have?

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Bobbie is only showing as having 13 items as PA items. A lot of her stuff will show uinder the DAZ 3D label as Daz Originals

...ach, that''s right. Hey maybe I can use my September coupon before it expires.
    edited September 2012

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz 2.80GHz

RAM 6.00 GB

That's off my system specs

I not very knowledgabe with computer hardware... Skiriki has really been helping me learn it :) lol Must be very painful for her haha

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

...so you should have 8 processing threads to share the render load since the I7 is hyperhtereading.

This makes me a bit nervous as I have an i/7 920 in the new rig though it will have little if anything else to share processor load with since the system has no other software beyond my CG apps and no permanent connection to the 'Net. (so I can turn the firewall off when working to free up even more resources).

However, as ps1borg proved a short while back, even a twelve 3.0gHz hyperthreading (24 threads) system with 48G of RAM can be brought to it's knees if you throw too much at it.

edited December 1969

So... How are people rendering amazing huge scenes? Does every one here just have super computers or something?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,299
    edited December 1969

Have you tried rendering it in sections.

Also how high are your render settings.

As I had a 32 bit computer if I wanted more than 1 figure in the scene I had to render in sections and compile them in photoshop.
    Big scenes on a better computer should be possible the same way.

edited September 2012

..well as I mentioned where my little 32 bit system is concerned, I pared down as much of Stefan's City Ruins for the "Child of War" scene set as I could, made sure there was no reflectivity or excessive transmaps and used a fairly basic lighting set of mine rather than UW or any other IDL.

I actually did another fairly large one once, but it used a stock photo backdrop, one of my five point daylight light sets, Sadie, and the ground base from Days of Cider..

I set it to Todd AO aspect: 1,880 x 800 rendered in a single pass.

Sadie_SOM_Cinemascope_RS.jpg
    1880 x 800 - 444K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

I did section it off in thirds, culled the amount of trees, limited the characters, limited what the characters wore, in size I tried 4000px, 3000px and 2000px All are flopping... 1000px is pretty much not worth the effort. Just the default quality 4 settings in daz is what I useing now, and it still bumping a total 100% of CPU and around 80-90% Ram.

edited December 1969

Another thing is if you are using raytraced shadows it crawls to a halt on transmaps, you might be beter off using deep shadow maps especially on the more distant bits. also applying ubersurface shader and turning off raytracing on the leaves might help too.

I've not done a large scene but I have done scenes with multiple figures in.

edited December 1969

Ive rendered significantly more detailed and active renders on 3ds max (On this computer) And It doesnt so much as lag in the viewport, and the render time was averaging between 3-5 hrs

But then- I shouldnt compare that to a scene with trees.... In the max render I did notably had over 40x florescent glowing lights, 8-10 actual scene lights, mirrored two sided glass, stainless steel textures, 8-10x reflections of reflections!

edited December 1969

...to bad 4.5 doesn't have a queue manager where you can batch the render process in background.

Yeah there is the Standalone 3Delight which lets you render to a .rib but the free version is only the 2 thread licence so you would be using only one quarter of your CPU's potential.

Also, are you online at the same time the scene is rendering? I always render when offline and shut down every process I can that isn't needed (including Norton).

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ..well as I mentioned where my little 32 bit system is concerned, I pared down as much of Stefan's City Ruins for the "Child of War" scene set as I could, made sure there was no reflectivity or excessive transmaps and used a fairly basic lighting set of mine rather than UW or any other IDL.

I actually did another fairly large one once, but it used a stock photo backdrop, one of my five point daylight light sets, Sadie, and the ground base from Days of Cider..

Cool render, Kid!
    "The hills are alive with the Sound of Sadie..."

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Ive rendered significantly more detailed and active renders on 3ds max (On this computer) And It doesnt so much as lag in the viewport, and the render time was averaging between 3-5 hrs

But then- I shouldnt compare that to a scene with trees.... In the max render I did notably had over 40x florescent glowing lights, 8-10 actual scene lights, mirrored two sided glass, stainless steel textures, 8-10x reflections of reflections!

...again that says to me that Studio4.5 and possibly 3Delight still have memory management/leak issues. Transmaps are tough on resources, but reflectivity is the true render killer. Even as little as 5 - 10% on my rig crashes the app.
    edited December 1969

While some here may know the answer to this...

I just want to ask... Is this computer a good one for 3d???

COPIED AND PASTED STATS-

Color: Black .

Model: M3970 .

Processor

Processor Model: 2600 .

Processor Brand: Intel .

Processor Type: Core i7 .

Processor Speed: 3.40GHz .

Disk Drives

Digital Media Cards Reader: Multi-in-1 Card Reader .

Optical Drive Format: BD-R, BD-RE
    DVD+R
    DVD+RW
    DVD-R
    DVD-RW
    Optical Drive Type: Blu-ray Burner, Blu-ray DVD Combo .

Capacity: 2048GB .

Type: SATA @ 5400rpm .

Memory

RAM: 8GB .

RAM Expandable To: 16GB .

RAM Type: DDR3 .

Display

Graphics Card Brand: ATI
    Graphics Card Type: Radeon 4350 .

Graphics Card Memory: 1024MB .

Networking and Internet

Wireless Networking: 802.11(b/g/n) .

Ethernet: 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet .

Connections and Expansion

Video Ports: 1x HDMI
    1x VGA
    Other Ports: 10 x USB
    Software and System Requirements

Supported Operating System: Genuine Windows 7 Home

edited December 1969

My computers processors not as powerful as yurs but I do have 8GB of ram what I'm rendering now is using 100% of the 4 cores, it always does, and I'm using just over 6 GB of the ram. The size of the render is 1200 x2800 (approx). I havn't tried rendering anything really big yet. I'm just getting use to the fact that I can render over 1000x1000.

I've done images that have needed well over 3 or 4 renders. You might find you need to seperate it out into more renders. Sometimes I have to do alot because some need to overlap.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Cool render, Kid!

...thanks,

This was done for a challenge to do a Toon rendition of a film scene.

...oh, and that is the "original" Sadie.

edited December 1969

My computers processors not as powerful as yurs but I do have 8GB of ram what I'm rendering now is using 100% of the 4 cores, it always does, and I'm using just over 6 GB of the ram. The size of the render is 1200 x2800 (approx). I havn't tried rendering anything really big yet. I'm just getting use to the fact that I can render over 1000x1000.

I've done images that have needed well over 3 or 4 renders. You might find you need to seperate it out into more renders. Sometimes I have to do alot because some need to overlap.

So the 100% CPU usage is a normal thing then?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,609
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I've got real bacon but not sure how much help that would be.

I think you live too far away to make me a bacon cheeseburger with your bacon and some beef and some quality cheese and fresh good bun. I think it would be cheaper to get a bacon cheeseburger from work with employee discount. (better yet if a manager would give me a manager's discount on a baconator, but that will be extremely rare if at all)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,609
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    tjohn said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Cool render, Kid!

...thanks,

This was done for a challenge to do a Toon rendition of a film scene.

...oh, and that is the "original" Sadie.

There is another Sadie? I thought 3duniverse only sold products at Daz. His newest toon is Jazlyn.

I so want Jazlyn, but I only want her bundle so I can get her clothes too. That is almost forty dollars. My prepaid visa has a bit over two dollars (also it is in the car for save keeping) I can get a pc item.

I had no income for a month and I just got a pay check Friday but that was only for one day's work. I already got twenty dollars worth of gas with that money. Gas is so darn expensive, but my car will not run with an empty gas tank.

Guess the hot chocolate I had for a dollar at the gas station is not that cheap either, but then I was only wanting one cup of it. I did not want enough of it to fill my gas tank. Well my car cannot run on hot chocolate. Also I do not drink gasoline either. That would be terrible and probably deadly. I think I saw online that there was some gal who was addicted to drinking gasoline. Hopefully she does not smoke also.

This discussion has been closed.